PDA

View Full Version : Naismith

murray26
06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Should we expect a retrospective red card for either of his cowardly challenges today..?

Gmack7
06-05-2018, 01:14 PM
surely

murray26
06-05-2018, 01:16 PM
surely

You’d think but this is Scottish football we’re talking about.. will be waiting patiently to find out.. guaranteed Levein would have the nerve to appeal it so he can play on Wednesday.

Diclonius
06-05-2018, 01:16 PM
They'll just appeal it and he'll be free anyway.

banarc7062
06-05-2018, 01:19 PM
John McG look out on Wednesday this little weed is liable to do you serious injury. GGTTH

TelaStella
06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Horrible horrible horrible player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
06-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Need someone to go through him early on to tell him that crap isn't going to be happening on Wednesday.

murray26
06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
He’s going to carry on from where he left off today unless the SFA do the right thing and ban him, I’ve not got much faith in CT standing in his way.

kaimendhibs
06-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Dirty git of a player. He 100 per cent meant to hurt Brown and Forrest.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

One Day
06-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Should we expect a retrospective red card for either of his cowardly challenges today..?

Dirty little bstrd. what goes around comes around

Bostonhibby
06-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Dirty little bstrd. what goes around comes aroundYep. Now clearly on the way down so making up for his shortcomings by being even dirtier.

Cue Marvin Bartley to own the thieves again.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

greenlex
06-05-2018, 01:36 PM
First one was a shocker and a red. The second I think he tries to olay the ball.

Zazu62
06-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Any links to the fouls?

KeithTheHibby
06-05-2018, 01:41 PM
The second challenge on Forrest was fair. He won the ball and Forrest went over on his ankle.

WoreTheGreen
06-05-2018, 01:44 PM
The second challenge on Forrest was fair. He won the ball and Forrest went over on his ankle.

Wow!

GlesgaeHibby
06-05-2018, 01:51 PM

He plants his studs on his ankle.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Enter Marvin Bartley. He runs this city.

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2018, 01:52 PM

Watch it again

WoreTheGreen
06-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Watch it again

Wind up merchant

greenlex
He plants his studs on his ankle.
There’s no doubt he catches Forrest but he is trying to shift the ball and his foot rolls over it. Not even a yellow. Forrest did not go over on his ankle.

gaz1875
He's a dirty diving cheating ******* always has been :agree:

06-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Should do but probably won't. The compliance officer is useless.

heretoday
06-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Naismith is a good guy. You leave him alone!!

kaimendhibs
06-05-2018, 03:40 PM
The second challenge on Forrest was fair. He won the ball and Forrest went over on his ankle.I thought he left his foot in and pressed down

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
06-05-2018, 04:03 PM
He truly is a coward..he goes out in every game to injure opponent's.. he's got a brass neck to moan at referees almost constantly.. horrible little creep of a human being

Aim Here
06-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Any links to the fouls?

Smartphone pointed at TV screen footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-6mSTBkLb8

IGRIGI
06-05-2018, 04:08 PM
2nd one is an ankle braker.

2 clear reds, outstanding officiating again in Scotland.

green day
06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Its irrelevant - as has been noted, he will play even if captured as they will appeal.

However, its been highlighted by Saint Brendan, so the officials (I know, Craig T and all that) will also be aware of the tactic.

I expect a few of them to be booked early, our silky lads continue their stuff, game over by half time :thumbsup:

The Spaceman
06-05-2018, 04:21 PM
They are all the weirdos who, when one of their Hearts players make an appalling challenge meant to seriously injure, all leap up congratulating the thug with real venom. Horrible stuff. Remember Stevenson’s challenge on McPake a few seasons back!

Cat Stanton
06-05-2018, 04:24 PM
First one was a shocker and a red. The second I think he tries to olay the ball.

That's what they do in Spain, to be fair.

Carheenlea
06-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Two disgusting “tackles”. He should be prevented from playing on Wednesday for no other reason than for the safety of the players.

greenpaper55
06-05-2018, 04:29 PM
On Keeckback the collective is that he never did it hard enough !

Mibbes Aye
06-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Had a wee look over on Keechback and it's all praise for Naismith with some berating him for not ending Brown's career.

It must hurt a lot, now the financial doping has ended and they have to play at their true level - horrible football that has them scraping along the bottom of the top six, at risk of being out-pointed by the seventh and eight-placed sides.

Still, if it was us, I don't think we would resort to wishing career-ending injuries on opponents, just because they were outplaying us.

Classless and tawdry. I think their fans get the team they deserve.

-Jonesy-
06-05-2018, 04:40 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O-6mSTBkLb8

Filthy Hun coward

Aldo
06-05-2018, 04:44 PM
I predict the CO will look at it and there will be no action.

For me it should be looked at and he should be told here the 2 game ban plain and simple. No appeal straight here’s you punishment for what you have done.

Expect a lot more of this on Wednesday evening folks.

jacomo
06-05-2018, 04:47 PM
Smartphone pointed at TV screen footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-6mSTBkLb8

Both dirty if you ask me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Frustrated Billy Big-time. Waste of money but definitely Hearts class.

Ozyhibby
06-05-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m sure the appeals process has been speeded up to stop clubs appealing even though they know they will lose.

Nevi_SOL
06-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Enter Marvin Bartley. He runs this city.

Agree 100% Bartley would put him in his place within the first 10.
Porteous would love it as well

Col2
06-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Sportscene will bring it up big time given social media

CO will offer two or four games based on 1 or two incidents but that will be Tuesday given bank holiday and Sunday game.

Hearts will of course appeal it and he will be available to play on Wednesday given lack of time for appeal hearing. He will lose appeal on say Friday and be out for meaningless game v Killie and won’t be back in Scottish football for awhile given Hearts look like they are signing low division prover the hill strikers.

That a fair summary?

brog
06-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Sportscene will bring it up big time given social media

CO will offer two or four games based on 1 or two incidents but that will be Tuesday given bank holiday and Sunday game.

Hearts will of course appeal it and he will be available to play on Wednesday given lack of time for appeal hearing. He will lose appeal on say Friday and be out for meaningless game v Killie and won’t be back in Scottish football for awhile given Hearts look like they are signing low division prover the hill strikers.

That a fair summary?

Probably but not sure Hawrts can afford the appeal!

Real Emerald
06-05-2018, 06:30 PM
I don’t give one phook if he plays against us or not coz he’s pish. However, he cannot get away with that, not even a free kick for the second offence and the first was assault, he deliberately banged his studs down on Brown. Hearts get away with murder with their industrial tactics and need to be called out over it. With a clear out at Tinycastle inevitable in the summer they will have absolutely no worries about putting a team out to kick Hibs off the park. Dirty, cheating, lying, conniving shower of pish that they are 😡

Waxy
06-05-2018, 06:46 PM
They’ll all be laughing at Scottish football again if he doesnt get a retrospective red card for that. Can you stamp your studs straight into someones leg?

Captain Trips
06-05-2018, 06:57 PM

play the ball? his right or left ball?:greengrin

emerald green
06-05-2018, 07:07 PM
This should come as no surprise from Naismith. A sure sign he is on his way out.

He is also simply fitting in with the culture at Tynecastle. Year in, year out, HOMFC are bottom, or near the bottom, of the fair play league.

We will need a strong referee on Wednesday, so we get Thomson.

allmodcons
06-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Chris Sutton was spot on. He's a coward.

Really sneaky challenge on Brown and the one on Forrest he goes over the ball like cowards do in a 50/50 challenge.

Just Alf
06-05-2018, 07:50 PM
They’ll all be laughing at Scottish football again if he doesnt get a retrospective red card for that. Can you stamp your studs straight into someones leg?I never realised he was that well.. Errrrr... Endowed that folks could get confused!!!!

:D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jack
06-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Can they afford £1,000 for an appeal?

calumhibee1
06-05-2018, 08:41 PM
This should come as no surprise from Naismith. A sure sign he is on his way out.

He is also simply fitting in with the culture at Tynecastle. Year in, year out, HOMFC are bottom, or near the bottom, of the fair play league.

We will need a strong referee on Wednesday, so we get Thomson.

Exactly. What these two tackles show is a guy who is past it and he knows it.

mca
06-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Yep.. your right... few years ago he was putting in at least half a dozen dirty ones.. :wink:

crash
06-05-2018, 08:48 PM

Would think that he will be offered a 2 game ban for that. Its a disgusting challenge

Bishop Hibee
06-05-2018, 08:56 PM
First challenge was disgusting. Red card and an increased match ban if the authorities do the right thing. Second one was between a yellow and a red. He’s been absolutely rotten for Hertz. Pleasing!

06-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Whether the compliance officer looks at it or not, hopefully the ref on Wednesday will now be keeping a close eye on him for more of the same and clamps down on it.

Got a feeling there will be at least one red card.

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Just saw the incidents. Two red cards.

California-Hibs
06-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Hearts class at its finest.

Pete
06-05-2018, 11:44 PM
First is a clear, cowardly red that should carry a ban.

The second was unintentional in my opinion. He should never have been on the pitch to do it though.

07-05-2018, 12:09 AM
Jambos defending both tackles is embarrassing. Just admit it, he should have seen red.

Sweet Left Peg
07-05-2018, 12:24 AM
Two horrible tackles. Both should have been straight red cards. No doubt about it. Did Avril mention this at all in his comments or did he focus on Souttar's disallowed goal? I sincerely hope we play them off the park and get the three points.

Baader
07-05-2018, 12:24 AM

The only delight these clowns get in attending Tinycastle nowadays is revelling in nasty challenges like Naismith's. They're not seeing any football that's for sure.

Being a Jambo must be desperate, desperate stuff.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2018, 04:42 AM
Don’t know what all the fuss is about. I struggled to see anything through the long grass. Looked to me as if they were both enjoying a wee bit end of season banter.

Springbank
07-05-2018, 06:31 AM
Its precisely for incidents like these that the SFA brought in the role of Compliance Officer

CallumLaidlaw
07-05-2018, 06:44 AM
Its precisely for incidents like these that the SFA brought in the role of Compliance Officer

If they have anything about them (which they don’t) they’ll offer a 2 match ban today, give them til tomorrow to appeal and have the hearing on Wednesday. It won’t happen tho. He’ll play on Wednesday night and we’ll almost certainly be talking about how he went in dirty on a couple of Hibs players.

neil7908
07-05-2018, 06:58 AM
I honestly can't believe he wasn't sent off for. Both shockers and the second one could have badly injured Forrest.

I have say I thought he would be a good signing for them but looks like he's been brutal. I worry about our players health playing them on Wednesday.

Not In The Know
07-05-2018, 07:36 AM
He should be cited for this.

snooky
07-05-2018, 07:41 AM
First is a clear, cowardly red that should carry a ban.

The second was unintentional in my opinion. He should never have been on the pitch to do it though.

Second one unintentional? :hmmm:
Clumsy perhaps, but he didn't appear to be putting much effort into not being clumsy, if you know what I mean

Heisenberg
07-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Yeah he’s definitley still going to be available on Wednesday. Just got to hope he doesn’t injure any of our players. Big Marv should be able to sort him out.

KeithTheHibby
07-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Watch it again

Watched it a few times. I’m not the only one who thinks it was a fair challenge.

Thecat23
07-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Watched it a few times. I’m not the only one who thinks it was a fair challenge.

I suggest you watch Sky Sports then as former ref Dermot Gallagher says both tackles are reds. Also says he leaves his foot in and goes over the ball and was lucky not to brake Forrest’s ankle.

adhibs
07-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Two shockers. Is it possible to receive two retrospective reds from one game? Not that im expecting the sfa to be brave enough to do so.

Thief
07-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Naismith was quite clever on each occasion, using a slight slip on the first and an attempt to pull the ball back on the second to disguise the going over the ball and leaving his foot in.

Anyone who’s played football competitively will know that he knew exactly what he was doing, and that he would be aware, that each time was a potential career ending tackle.

A horrible individual, and his actions, and the possible consequences, will not have gone unnoticed by his fellow professionals.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I suggest you watch Sky Sports then as former ref Dermot Gallagher says both tackles are reds. Also says he leaves his foot in and goes over the ball and was lucky not to brake Forrest’s ankle.Just seen it. Two clear reds for me. I can see a serious injury in Scottish football due entirely to thugs and cheats being emboldened due to what refs miss, or worse allow to occur.

Naismith was always a crock and he's compensating by making nasty challenges on fellow professionals. Hopefully they remember this.

Thecat23
07-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Just seen it. Two clear reds for me. I can see a serious injury in Scottish football due entirely to thugs and cheats being emboldened due to what refs miss, or worse allow to occur.

Naismith was always a crock and he's compensating by making nasty challenges on fellow professionals. Hopefully they remember this.

Yep he’s always been a little rat, but 10 years ago he could play. Now he’s just out to hurt players as he can’t get near them. He’ll end up hurting someone carrying on like this.

Stevie Reid
07-05-2018, 10:54 AM
In the amazing world of JKB we are a team of hatchet men who regularly kick Hearts off the park - and yet, at the same time, there is a three page thread on there, absolutely revelling in Naismith's stamp on Brown.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2018, 11:17 AM
In the amazing world of JKB we are a team of hatchet men who regularly kick Hearts off the park - and yet, at the same time, there is a three page thread on there, absolutely revelling in Naismith's stamp on Brown.Their year on year positions in the fair play league suggests otherwise.

KeithTheHibby
07-05-2018, 12:39 PM
I suggest you watch Sky Sports then as former ref Dermot Gallagher says both tackles are reds. Also says he leaves his foot in and goes over the ball and was lucky not to brake Forrest’s ankle.

Well the ref and linesman both did not feel the need to award a foul and they were pretty close the action.

bod
07-05-2018, 12:51 PM
If they have anything about them (which they don’t) they’ll offer a 2 match ban today, give them til tomorrow to appeal and have the hearing on Wednesday. It won’t happen tho. He’ll play on Wednesday night and we’ll almost certainly be talking about how he went in dirty on a couple of Hibs players.

Won’t they be off since it’s a public holiday .

Thecat23
07-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Well the ref and linesman both did not feel the need to award a foul and they were pretty close the action.

Depends the view they had. In all honestly I’m shocked anyone thinks both tackles are fine. Both reds clear as day.

Deansy
07-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Their year on year positions in the fair play league suggests otherwise.

No, no, no - you've got that all wrong !. It's a well known fact that the SFA order all referees (who are all 'Anti-Hearts' anyway) to victimise Hearts in every game of every season to prevent them from monopolising the league - it's the only thing they can do to stem the power and might of the Hearts footballing maestros !

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2018, 01:26 PM

That’d be ridiculous if they were/are. Plenty time for Monday holidays from mid May to mid july.

brog
07-05-2018, 01:26 PM

You're talking Scottish officials here. They're hopeless though I think Bobby Madden, along with Stevie McLean is the best of a bad bunch. Madden didn't spot Naismith's foul but he spotted a non existent foul on Scott Bain.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 01:30 PM

SFA are in today, although not all staff

Pete
07-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Second one unintentional? :hmmm:
Clumsy perhaps, but he didn't appear to be putting much effort into not being clumsy, if you know what I mean

Yes, unintentional. You could see what he was trying to do.

However, I’m not saying it wasn’t a red as he ended up going over the top and it was reckless to say the least.

KeithTheHibby
07-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Depends the view they had. In all honestly I’m shocked anyone thinks both tackles are fine. Both reds clear as day.

The first one is for sure and I’d be amazed if he wasn’t given a retrospective ban.

MB62
07-05-2018, 02:27 PM
The first one is for sure and I’d be amazed if he wasn’t given a retrospective ban.

Retrospective ban tomorrow, appealed immediately, plays against us, suspended against Killie then never to be seen at Tynie again as he returns south.

Just my prediction.

Hibeewilly
07-05-2018, 02:34 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/compliance-officer-to-review-tackle-by-hearts-steven-naismith-on-celtic-s-scott-brown-1-4735935

Greenbeard
07-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Retrospective ban tomorrow, appealed immediately, plays against us, suspended against Killie then never to be seen at Tynie again as he returns south.

Just my prediction.
Mine too. But if so, and he does play on Wed, then the ref (who is?) will surely have marked his card in advance and be right on top of him. Mind, he's got 9 other fuds to keep a careful eye on. (I have excepted McLaughlin from the fud rating.)

Jim44
07-05-2018, 02:48 PM

Just my prediction.

I’m sure he said he is really keen to be with them next season. His new found hero ( thug related) status should expedite his return.

Diclonius
07-05-2018, 02:52 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/compliance-officer-to-review-tackle-by-hearts-steven-naismith-on-celtic-s-scott-brown-1-4735935

Means **** all to us then. What a joke.

Once again refereeing decisions impact Hibs in the derby, this time before a ball is even kicked.

Bostonhibby
07-05-2018, 02:56 PM
No, no, no - you've got that all wrong !. It's a well known fact that the SFA order all referees (who are all 'Anti-Hearts' anyway) to victimise Hearts in every game of every season to prevent them from monopolising the league - it's the only thing they can do to stem the power and might of the Hearts footballing maestros !So they're sectarian piss head racists?

Am I keeping up?

Thecat23
07-05-2018, 03:01 PM

Totally agree.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2018, 03:05 PM

But earlier you said they were fair challenges. Make up your mind!!!

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 03:06 PM
I didn’t think the second tackle was that bad when I first saw it, but having seen it again it could’ve been a broken ankle. He should be hammered for both.

Hibeewilly
07-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Means **** all to us then. What a joke.

Once again refereeing decisions impact Hibs in the derby, this time before a ball is even kicked.
Shocking RR. They should be meeting tomorrow at the latest. No doubt it should have been a straight red!!

Hermit Crab
07-05-2018, 03:19 PM
So what, he can play against us, they'd only appeal it anyway. Plus has he really been a standout player against us this season? Then again if he ends up scoring the winner i shall be incredibly angry :greengrin.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 03:45 PM
So what, he can play against us, they'd only appeal it anyway. Plus has he really been a standout player against us this season? Then again if he ends up scoring the winner i shall be incredibly angry :greengrin.

Think Thomson will have been warned to keep an eye on him, early on Wednesday

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Think Thomson will have been warned to keep an eye on him, early on Wednesday

Thomson let Ian Black elbow Leigh in the face without giving so much as a foul so don't get your hopes up.

erin go bragh
07-05-2018, 04:24 PM
The Scottish Football Association will review footage of Steven Naismith's tackle on Scott Brown and could issue the Hearts striker with a two-game ban. SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan is to study the incident, which took place early on during Sunday's meeting between Hearts and Celtic at Tynecastle Park. Naismith tackled Brown around the groin area and he was left writhing on the ground. Should the SFA decide to issue Naismith a notice of complaint, the most likely scenario would be a two-game suspension for violent conduct. No action is expected to be taken before Hearts face Hibs on Wednesday, however. The Evening News has learned that any ban incurred by Naismith would not take effect until Hearts play Kilmarnock on Sunday at Rugby Park. That would leave the Scotland internationalist sidelined for the final game of the season and, potentially, the first League Cup tie

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 04:32 PM
The Scottish Football Association will review footage of Steven Naismith's tackle on Scott Brown and could issue the Hearts striker with a two-game ban. SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan is to study the incident, which took place early on during Sunday's meeting between Hearts and Celtic at Tynecastle Park. Naismith tackled Brown around the groin area and he was left writhing on the ground. Should the SFA decide to issue Naismith a notice of complaint, the most likely scenario would be a two-game suspension for violent conduct. No action is expected to be taken before Hearts face Hibs on Wednesday, however. The Evening News has learned that any ban incurred by Naismith would not take effect until Hearts play Kilmarnock on Sunday at Rugby Park. That would leave the Scotland internationalist sidelined for the final game of the season and, potentially, the first League Cup tie

I expected nothing less. What is there to review? I expect that due to it being a bank holiday today they couldn’t organise a lavish luncheon to assist them with their decision making.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Im glad. Was really worried he wouldn't play against us

07-05-2018, 05:23 PM
His gaffer will be proud of that one.

Dirty little *******.

KeithTheHibby
07-05-2018, 05:33 PM
But earlier you said they were fair challenges. Make up your mind!!!

What you on about? I never once said both were fair challenges!

Get your facts right pal.

07-05-2018, 05:34 PM

If it had been a tackle from Scott Brown they would be in up roar.

worcesterhibby
07-05-2018, 06:04 PM
both horrible fouls..intentionally trying to injure the opponent. Should face a long ban for two retrospective reds. Hearts should be made aware that if they appeal and lose they will be fined £100,000 money is the only thing those thugs understand.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 06:07 PM
both horrible fouls..intentionally trying to injure the opponent. Should face a long ban for two retrospective reds. Hearts should be made aware that if they appeal and lose they will be fined £100,000 money is the only thing those thugs understand.
I have to disagree there mate. Money is something they definitely don’t understand. Especially when it’s owed to charity.

snooky
07-05-2018, 06:09 PM
I expected nothing less. What is there to review? I expect that due to it being a bank holiday today they couldn’t organise a lavish luncheon to assist them with their decision making.

Things like this will get rushed through only if it's to RFC's advantage.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Things like this will get rushed through only if it's to RFC's advantage.
Correct.

hibee_girl
09-05-2018, 12:22 PM
He’s been offered a two match ban, Hearts have until Thursday to appeal.

JimBHibees
09-05-2018, 12:23 PM

Should have happened before todays game. Joke process IMO.

calumhibee1
09-05-2018, 12:23 PM

They won’t bother. Killie game is a dead rubber and they won’t have him next season.

macca70
09-05-2018, 12:29 PM

That’s convenient, so available for tonight.

How hard would it have been for them to look at it on Monday.

That way his 2 games could also be served before end of the season, 1 game will now carry forward, no point them appealing and serving his 2 games at start of next season

macca70
09-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Also, how can something that has been given on video evidence be appealed?

What more evidence can they look at?

Absolute shambles!!

Albanian Hibs
09-05-2018, 12:38 PM
What you on about? I never once said both were fair challenges!

Get your facts right pal.

Calm. I apologise.
Reading it back it seems that you said only the second challenge was fair.

WeeRussell
09-05-2018, 12:38 PM
I guess it's a fair sign of where things are when I'm more concerned that their marquee signing of the season will be playing against us because of the risk of him seriously hurting one of our boys, rather than his ability to do something with the ball.

He seems to have got worse (with regards to being a horrible wee runt) than I remember? Maybe a combination of Him/Hearts/Levein.

I look forward to enjoying the wee scrote's sour greeting puss at the end of the game tonight. Or earlier once he's hopefully been put on his erse!

Greenbeard
09-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Also, how can something that has been given on video evidence be appealed?

What more evidence can they look at?

Absolute shambles!!
Everyone has the basic right to a fair hearing and being allowed to put their case, even fuds like Naismith, ridiculous as that might be in this case.

Leith's finest
09-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Two game ban, Hearts got till Thursday to appeal which means he can be selected for tonight

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Two game ban? Are Hearts kerping him next season?

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Two game ban, Hearts got till Thursday to appeal which means he can be selected for tonight

Hate to say but we would have done the same

If John McGinn had got a straight red on Saturday or a threat of a retrospective ban on Saturday, we would have applied to have him available for the derby

Flaw in the rules but on this occasion, Hearts aren't cheating

andybev1
09-05-2018, 01:24 PM
shouldn't make a difference to their 'quality' but they get one of their dirtiest players back.

FilipinoHibs
09-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Why bother appealing they only have one meaningful match left - tonight against us.

AltheHibby
09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
On a related subject, I see in the EEN that Berra wants the rules changed as it's unfair to expect layers to get less than 6 yellows a season.

Maybe in your thug team matey.

Big_Franck
09-05-2018, 01:50 PM
not worried at all about Naismith playing, is laugherty fit?

Hopefully. Hasn't kicked a baw in derbies so far.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 01:56 PM
I genuinely don’t care about their team. Our team is a lot better and if we play like we usually do, Hearts have lost before the game has started. We are winning this!

truehibernian
09-05-2018, 01:57 PM
not worried at all about Naismith playing, is laugherty fit?

Don't think he was ever a doubt, usual Levein mind nonsense.

I'd expect them to go 4-5-1 changing to a 4-3-3, with them playing Lafferty, Naismith and Milinkovic from the start and trying to press high from the off.

Hope we can really exploit their left side tonight which I think is weak defensively, and that big Flo really gets in about Berra to free up space from JM. If Souttar is out and Hughes comes in, even better. Scott Allan loves these games too, I think it's tailor made for him in the midfield.

Can't wait, this'll be a cracker :agree::flag:

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2018, 02:14 PM
I genuinely don’t care about their team. Our team is a lot better and if we play like we usually do, Hearts have lost before the game has started. We are winning this!

This. We are better all over the park. Man for man, every position we are far superior. The table doesn't lie. If we match their effort we'll come out on top.

Aldo
09-05-2018, 02:52 PM
This is where Scottish football is a joke. They could have cited him on the Monday and had the appeal on Tuesday but no let’s wait nearly a week to hear it and then let’s see what happens.

This doesn’t need an appeal it was a horrendous challenge plain and simple yet hey gets away with it.

He shouldn’t be playing imho!

Little or no consequence if you ask me.

FWIW I want him to play as I am more than certain my yam associates will have used that as one of their excuses in the mornin.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Something not right about SFA not dealing with this before a match

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1414691-hearts-accept-two-match-ban-for-steven-naismith/

Halifaxhibby
10-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Having Naismith playing suited the zombies as we were breathing down their necks. That's why the sfa did sfa about it.
If McGinn had been in a similar circumstance and we had won last night. He would have been dealt with at 9am this morning.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

SQHib
10-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Said on Sunday it's Sod's law he'll score the winner in a game he should not even been playing in - sums up the sfa - incompetents - how hard can it be to have a panel on the Monday ready to deal with weekend games and then have an appeals panel ready on the Tuesday it's not like they don't know the fixtures !!!

murray26
10-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Absolute joke he was allowed to play last .. not to mention paying a player 10k a week.. so much for living within there means.. that club get away with murder..

weecounty hibby
10-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Small minded shower of ****s. Tuesday - Levein " if he gets a retrospective ban we will appeal" Thursday, offered two game ban - Levein " **** it we beat the Hibs so we'll take the ban" Shows why they are 17 points behind us. Last night was truly their cup final and they will see the season as being a success as they stopped us getting a shot at 2nd.
And as for the SFA/SPFL process, what a ****ing farce. That challenge should have been a sending off at the time - nope. Retrospectively dealt with and appeal heard before next game - nope. Joke of an institution

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Absolute joke he was allowed to play last .. not to mention paying a player 10k a week.. so much for living within there means.. that club get away with murder..

that's what he's on at Norwich, i think the sparryheids are paying him 3- 4k/week

Kaff
10-05-2018, 04:52 PM
that's what he's on at Norwich, i think the sparryheids are paying him 3- 4k/week

Think he's on £30/40k a week at Norwich, don't know what he's costing Hearts

heretoday
10-05-2018, 04:59 PM
They're all against us!!!

emerald green
10-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Isn't it ridiculous that Naismith should even have been on the pitch at all last night, never mind score the winning goal, after his disgusting assault on Brown on Sunday.

It just stinks to high heaven.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 09:43 PM

He's on a lot more than £10k a week at Norwich.

Much more.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Think he's on £30/40k a week at Norwich, don't know what he's costing Hearts

Mikey’s Stewart claimed he’s on £8-9k per week at hearts.

ancient hibee
11-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Hearts not appealing ban.What a surprise.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 02:22 PM

Surprised there not appealing it now

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1414746-hearts-make-plea-to-spfl-over-injury-crisis-at-tynecastle/

Jim44
11-05-2018, 05:01 PM

Given that to a man on KB, they said it was no foul, I find it surprising that they haven’t appealed. Maybe they know that he is not going to be there next year and don’t give a monkey’s.