PDA

View Full Version : Swanson & Whittaker

allmodcons
06-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Couple of things.

Does anyone know why Danny Swanson didn't make the bench yesterday?

Steven Whittaker was excellent yesterday, my MoM. Thought he deserved a mention because he takes a fair bit of (unmerited) criticism at times.

overdrive
06-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Lennon said in the press conference the other day that Swanson was ill. A virus seems to be going round the squad.

allmodcons
06-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Lennon said in the press conference the other day that Swanson was ill. A virus seems to be going round the squad.

That's good to know. Wouldn't like to think he was dropped altogether because he defo has something to offer.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 08:32 AM
That's good to know. Wouldn't like to think he was dropped altogether because he defo has something to offer.

Wasn't we’ll enough to travel with the team on Friday

Sir David Gray
06-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Swanson just really can't catch a break this season. I hope he has better luck next season as he's just never been able to get going this year at all.

06-05-2018, 08:48 AM

Suffering from a bout of the Leveins. Everyone else made the bus for the trip up the A90. :cb

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Couple of things.

Does anyone know why Danny Swanson didn't make the bench yesterday?

Steven Whittaker was excellent yesterday, my MoM. Thought he deserved a mention because he takes a fair bit of (unmerited) criticism at times.

agreed on whittaker, hopefully he can keep the momentum up for next two games and next season. was great today

IGRIGI
06-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Think I prefer Whittaker going forward, grabbed a goal against Killie and put a fantastic ball through to MaClaren who won the penalty.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Whittaker is big and athletic, gives the ball away a few times, but more than makes up for it with his effort and driving forward runs
A 1st pick for Lennon just now

wookie70
06-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Thought it was between Whittaker and Effe for MOTM. Dylan made a difference when he came on as Allan wasn't involved. Good to have options

Sir David Gray
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I thought Whittaker was excellent yesterday. My vote for man of the match.

SChibs
06-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Thought it was between Whittaker and Effe for MOTM. Dylan made a difference when he came on as Allan wasn't involved. Good to have options

Allan was really good first half and was pretty anonymous second which for me says Aberdeen changed something to try and combat him and it worked. Fair play to them.

wookie70
06-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Allan was really good first half and was pretty anonymous second which for me says Aberdeen changed something to try and combat him and it worked. Fair play to them. I thought he started well but fell out of it fairly quickly. He is that type of player. One week amazing the next it doesn't work for him

Aim Here
06-05-2018, 04:04 PM

Not surprising. Lenny himself was coughing through the prematch press conference.

hibby6270
06-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Both Whitty and Marv play the holding midfield role well. Both strong in the tackle and break play up effectively. However, Whitty is by far the better of the two when it comes to forward momentum. He passes the ball better and as we saw last week, isn’t afraid to break into the box to score. Marv just doesn’t have that in his locker.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Marv and the way he plays. He’s a spoiler and that is needed in certain games but given our current situation, (points required to get 2nd place) we need a more confident, forward thinking midfield holder and Whitty fits the bill.

Souter96Mac
06-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Really glad we're starting to see the benefits of having Whitty. Ill be honest and say I was a tad sceptical when we signed him, I didn't think he was what we needed. But hes coming into his own the last couple of games.

Future17
07-05-2018, 08:29 AM

Tonsilitis

heretoday
07-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Tonsilitis

I think Efe looks good going forward to midfield. He's classy.