PDA

View Full Version : Pissheads

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 07:55 AM
To those who were so bevvied yesterday they won’t remember the game it was 0-0 we missed a penalty had a chance with a header and they hit the bar
Hope you feel **** today

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2018, 07:55 AM
To those who were so bevvied yesterday they won’t remember the game it was 0-0 we missed a penalty had a chance with a header and they hit the bar
Hope you feel **** today

😂😂😂

wearethehibs
06-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Cheers for the report. I don’t actually feel too bad today 😊 🍻

Carheenlea
06-05-2018, 08:06 AM
The group with the girl who walked into a hedge before falling flat on her back on the pavement before the game would not have got beyond the police before the turnstiles I suspect. Quite a few bevvied fans in the ground, or maybe we were unlucky and they were all near us! Nothing wrong with a few beers before the game, and most can manage to do so, but always going to get a few going over the top.
Definitely had that Hampden feel about it. A downside of larger travelling supports.

we are hibs
06-05-2018, 08:10 AM
The drink police out in force again.

Golden Bear
06-05-2018, 08:12 AM
The group with the girl who walked into a hedge before falling flat on her back on the pavement before the game would not have got beyond the police before the turnstiles I suspect. Quite a few bevvied fans in the ground, or maybe we were unlucky and they were all near us! Nothing wrong with a few beers before the game, and most can manage to do so, but always going to get a few going over the top.
Definitely had that Hampden feel about it. A downside of larger travelling supports.

So you've obviously made a quick recovery D!

:greengrin

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 08:16 AM
The drink police out in force again.
Yes

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Go have a Bloody Mary

One Day
06-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Cant say I notice any one exceptionally drunk round about us

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Definitely had that Hampden feel about it. A downside of larger travelling supports. I don’t understand paying 60 odd quid for ticket and travel to go get steaming and either miss game through situ as above or refused entry or not having a ****** clue what’s going on during game

Ringothedog
06-05-2018, 08:23 AM
I don’t understand paying 60 odd quid for ticket and travel to go get steaming and either miss game through situ as above or refused entry or not having a ****** clue what’s going on during game

That’s their choice though, if it doesn’t impact on other people I don’t care what they do.

calumhibee1
06-05-2018, 08:25 AM
I don’t understand paying 60 odd quid for ticket and travel to go get steaming and either miss game through situ as above or refused entry or not having a ****** clue what’s going on during game

Likewise. A couple of pints, fine, I get that, but it’s a guarantee at Tynecastle on Wednesday there’ll be plenty folk who end up that smashed that they’ll hardly remember anything.

06-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Cant say I notice any one exceptionally drunk round about us

Too drunk to notice were you? :greengrin

One Day
06-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Too drunk to notice were you? :greengrin

I beg your pardon I had a very civilised 3 pints before the game in the Stag :wink:

Oscar T Grouch
06-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Each to their own, if they do no damage to anyone else’s day oot, they’re entitled to ruin their own day with drink. I’d be a hypocrite to say any different. I never noticed anyone yesterday who was too drunk tbh, seen one guy roundabout Dunfermline that was stotting along the road at 09:30 absolutely bladdered, that was kinda funny.

Albanian Hibs
06-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Go have a Bloody Mary

Why is it bothering you so much?

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Because im a Recovering alcoholic and I don’t
Want to see people
Wasting their lives it’s so sad and makes me
Want
To
Cry

Hibby70
06-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Saw 2 guys refused entry as they were totally bladdered and another refused train access. All relatively young guys.

But also didn't see anyone causing any bother. Everyone just enjoying a day out following the mighty Hibernian. Mixing with the Aberdeen fans in the pubs.

06-05-2018, 08:38 AM
I beg your pardon I had a very civilised 3 pints before the game in the Stag :wink:

:aok:

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Seriously it puts me
In a dilemma . Do I go help the girl who’s smashed her head of the pavement or carry on so I don’t miss the game . Do I tell the inebriated guy he’s annoying me by stottingabout and taking our seat spaces , the girls who are walking across my row every 5 mins to do god knows what showing me their phones
do I just put up with it and put it all down to
Jolly japes

Alan62
06-05-2018, 08:42 AM
It bothered me. I had a complete idiot behind me in the first half who was incapable of watching the game. Instead he hollered nonsense in my ear, abused the Aberdeen fans and had a pathetic set to with a steward which was just downright embarrassing. Worse still, he was wearing mint green shorts and no socks.

As for his fat pal in the green top, mate if you can read, you may want to try some anger management classes.

danhibees1875
06-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Didn't notice it, but they're all the better for not remembering that second half.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2018, 08:48 AM
I can't remember the last time I went to a match pissed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-05-2018, 08:48 AM
I think that we have had all this out before? If that is what you do then that is what you do.

K.Marx
06-05-2018, 08:50 AM
I suspect a similar thread after the game on Wednesday.

Or maybe this one will still be going

Keith_M
06-05-2018, 08:54 AM
P1ssheads at games are quite irritating but, let's be honest, not as annoying as people taking really young kids to the game.

All that screaming, running around, unable to sit in their seats for any more than two minutes...

...and that's just the parents!

HFCdeb
06-05-2018, 08:57 AM
P1ssheads at games are quite irritating but, let's be honest, not as annoying as people taking really young kids to the game.

All that screaming, running around, unable to sit in their seats for any more than two minutes...

...and that's just the parents!

100% agree.

chinaman
06-05-2018, 09:02 AM
have a prayer for their forgiveness at church the day

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 09:05 AM
have a prayer for their forgiveness at church the day

i dont need them to forgive me:aok:

overdrive
06-05-2018, 09:36 AM
It might not have just been the bevvy with some of the folk acting up. I’ve never seen so many folk snorting coke in the toilets at a football game before.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2018, 09:40 AM
It might not have just been the bevvy with some of the folk acting up. I’ve never seen so many folk snorting coke in the toilets at a football game before.

I did that once. Never again after getting the bottle removed at the Royal Infirmary.

CapitalGreen
06-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Likewise. A couple of pints, fine, I get that, but it’s a guarantee at Tynecastle on Wednesday there’ll be plenty folk who end up that smashed that they’ll hardly remember anything.

I’ve been to nearly every derby at Tynecastle over the last decade and I thank my lucky stars that for most of them I hardly remember anything.

marleyhib
06-05-2018, 09:59 AM
We have a signing section so maybe it’s time for an out yer mapper section. Maybe a section for moaning barstewards too, the seats could face the other way

sleeping giant
06-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Didn't notice anyone that drunk but we were right down the front.
Stewards and police seemed to be interested in something/someone at the back of the stand for most of the first half.

Pretty Boy
06-05-2018, 10:05 AM
The argument of 'they aren't harming anyone else' is nonsense. There's nothibg worse than having some muppet who can't handle their drink stuck near you inevitably looking for bother or just being a ****ing pest. Add to that the stress when you are running a bus trying to stop folk bevvying on it, they don't care about the fine for the convener or the risk to the drivers livelihood if they are caught.

I'm not a hypocrite, I love nothing more than a few pints but if you don't know your limits or just don't care about other people then frankly you are a bit of a dick.

CMurdoch
06-05-2018, 10:18 AM
The argument of 'they aren't harming anyone else' is nonsense. There's nothibg worse than having some muppet who can't handle their drink stuck near you inevitably looking for bother or just being a ****ing pest. Add to that the stress when you are running a bus trying to stop folk bevvying on it, they don't care about the fine for the convener or the risk to the drivers livelihood if they are caught.

I'm not a hypocrite, I love nothing more than a few pints but if you don't know your limits or just don't care about other people then frankly you are a bit of a dick.

We have a winner :aok:.
Consideration for other people is where it is at.

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 10:31 AM

Do people know its illegal to drink on buses, and the implications it can have?

One bus yesterday arrived in car park, lots tipped off blootered, with cans of stella

greenlex
06-05-2018, 10:37 AM

10/10

Brooster
06-05-2018, 10:45 AM
We all like a pre match pint, its all part of the matchday experience but its completely irresponsible to get reeking before a game. In fact.....Im not a hardened drinker but I would have to go some to get reeking by kick off. Some folk manage that every away game though.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Well said, spot on.

Jones28
06-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Some people have it in there heads that an away day/Hampden trip is an excuse to get battered. I don't get that.

And the guys that we're giving it the big un at the segregation fence yesterday, it was more hilarious than intimidating on both sides.

CMurdoch
06-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Some people have it in there heads that an away day/Hampden trip is an excuse to get battered. I don't get that.

And the guys that we're giving it the big un at the segregation fence yesterday, it was more hilarious than intimidating on both sides.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin you just know that the folk that do this are soft and/or thick.
The good bit is they give themselves away as such to the rest of the crowd.
Dicks!

Jones28
06-05-2018, 11:31 AM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin you just know that the folk that do this are soft and/or thick.
The good bit is they give themselves away as such to the rest of the crowd.
Dicks!

I was 5 seats in from the fence and couldn't help but laugh.

"Mon then, ootside, mon then" 😂😂

andybev1
06-05-2018, 12:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnGqAvmunFM

fans of a certain age will remebver this gem of a public info film

speedy_gonzales
06-05-2018, 12:35 PM

It's the uncivilised ones you have to watch out for!

dchibs
06-05-2018, 12:44 PM
I did that once. Never again after getting the bottle removed at the Royal Infirmary.

Was it diet or full fat.

woodyhfc4892
06-05-2018, 01:17 PM

One bus yesterday arrived in car park, lots tipped off blootered, with cans of stella

You must be fun at parties 😂😂

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
You must be fun at parties ����

I run a bus, why should I get a fine if drink is consumed?

Any idea the amount of work involved running a bus? Should the driver lose his license?

Your post is silly

hibbyfraelibby
06-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Any idea the amount of work involved running a bus? Should the driver lose his license?

Your post is silly

...and your post is ridiculous. The law is what it is. The organiser of the bus and the driver would be breaking the law and the penatlies are well defined. The coach operator would lose their operators licence.

As the responsible parties the law puts the you in the firing line. If you dont want to face the consequence of your actions then get out of the kitchen if its too hot for you.

Alan62
06-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Your post is silly

Sorry, your job as bus convener is to ensure that the safety and legal conditions are met. If people drink alcohol on your bus you have a legal responsibility to ask them to stop. If they refuse, you have to stop at the nearest safe place and put them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 01:50 PM
...and your post is ridiculous. The law is what it is. The organiser of the bus and the driver would be breaking the law and the penatlies are well defined. The coach operator would lose their operators licence.

As the responsible parties the law puts the you in the firing line. If you dont want to face the consequence of your actions then get out of the kitchen if its too hot for you.

You are really beginning to irk me

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Sorry, your job as bus convener is to ensure that the safety and legal conditions are met. If people drink alcohol on your bus you have a legal responsibility to ask them to stop. If they refuse, you have to stop at the nearest safe place and put them off.

My job is not a bus convener though. It is hours of unpaid time to help others get to games. We have a zero tolerance rule for alcohol consumption.

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2018, 01:53 PM
I love a pint before the game, in fact its as much a pert of the day as the game itself. having said that I can honestly say in 40 years I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've been blootered before a game.

The plan next Sunday is to get the train up from the Borders so we can all make a day of it .... look out for a wee guy with glasses who looks like he should bloody know better staggering along London road round about 10:30 :greengrin

:party: :scarf::party:

Hermit Crab
06-05-2018, 01:54 PM
An empty half bottle of buckfast was dropped behind me yesterday in the stand.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2018, 01:59 PM

Why would someone carry about an empty bottle? seems perfectly sensible to me.

greenlex
06-05-2018, 02:01 PM
They must have had it concealed up their arse crack getting in if true.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2018, 02:02 PM
They must have had it concealed up their arse crack getting in if true.

It is true mate, 4 of us turned round when we heard the smash, section P in or around row P/Q

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2018, 02:06 PM

What a load of bollox. How about if you can't abide by the rules don't get on a supporters bus that someone has used their own time and effort to organise for your convenience.

Alan62
06-05-2018, 02:07 PM
My job is not a bus convener though. It is hours of unpaid time to help others get to games. We have a zero tolerance rule for alcohol consumption.

If you run the bus, you are in charge and you are responsible. Nobody’s doubting the effort required. I am sure it can be a nightmare. If you have a zero alcohol policy then you’re doing your job.

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 02:09 PM
What a load of bollox. How about if you can't abide by the rules don't get on a supporters bus that someone has used their own time and effort to organise for your convenience.

:aok:

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:10 PM
I’ve never understood why you can’t drink on the bus, but you can drink on the train.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2018, 02:10 PM
:agree:

Carheenlea
06-05-2018, 02:19 PM
I’ve never understood why you can’t drink on the bus, but you can drink on the train.

You have access to the driver whereas that is not the case on a train, or plane. Someone drunk on a bus could distract or impede the driver which is hugely dangerous for all passengers.

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:26 PM
You have access to the driver whereas that is not the case on a train, or plane. Someone drunk on a bus could distract or impede the driver which is hugely dangerous for all passengers.
The no drink rule only applies to football coaches though. You can have a drink on other buses.

erin go bragh
06-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Personally never seen the PBS sober until my mid 20s .
now it’s a can of Irn bru pre match as always driving.

ancient hibee
06-05-2018, 02:51 PM
We have a signing section so maybe it’s time for an out yer mapper section. Maybe a section for moaning barstewards too, the seats could face the other way
Is this a signing on section or semaphore classes perhaps?Or maybe be even to help the deaf?

Cat Stanton
06-05-2018, 03:25 PM
That’s their choice though, if it doesn’t impact on other people I don’t care what they do.

But it does eg when you're sitting beside them with your young kids, and they're banging into your kids, and spilling drinks, and continually referring to opposition fans as "c*nts" even when you've asked them not to because of your kids, and even after they've apologised for doing so, but then keep doing it because they are so pissed they've already forgotten etc etc and so it goes on. And it does effect other people ie it made it a miserable experience for my daughter (and, therefore, me).

EH6 Hibby
06-05-2018, 03:28 PM
It bothered me. I had a complete idiot behind me in the first half who was incapable of watching the game. Instead he hollered nonsense in my ear, abused the Aberdeen fans and had a pathetic set to with a steward which was just downright embarrassing. Worse still, he was wearing mint green shorts and no socks.

As for his fat pal in the green top, mate if you can read, you may want to try some anger management classes.

Sounds like the group we saw outside the ground going in, one of them clearly thought we were Aberdeen fans due to the hysterical Aberdonian impression he kept shouting at us. Was surprised when we got through the gate to see they’d got through the ticket/body searches. All for people having a drink, I usually have a few, have even been in the being too drunk to remember a lot of the game, but I’ve never been aggressive like that and
I’m fairly sure I haven’t bothered anyone except maybe my own group.

frazeHFC
06-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Surprised! :tee hee:

heretoday
06-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Football fans behave appallingly really. It shouldn't be allowed. :greengrin

Moody Blues
06-05-2018, 04:31 PM
i dont need them to forgive me:aok:

OK so you are a recovering alcoholic...but what gives you or anyone else the right to judge everyone who enjoys a drink before the match.

Babyshamble
06-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Me & my mates love a drink before the game.nothing wrong with That.its that only time we see each other.drink polis are out in force it seems.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Again, it’s the lifestyle clash. I would have a section for people with kids, a jakey section where people can go and be as badly behaved as possible within the range of normal industrial Saturday behavior, then normal section for those who wish to watch the game free of distraction. I’ve been in all three categories and there is nothing worse than being ‘miscast’ in wrong zone.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Me & my mates love a drink before the game.nothing wrong with That.its that only time we see each other.drink polis are out in force it seems.

Not one person has said there is anything wrong with having a drink before a match. It's the ersehole behaviour of some after a drink that is the problem.

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 05:21 PM
OK so you are a recovering alcoholic...but what gives you or anyone else the right to judge everyone who enjoys a drink before the match. your not getting the point
It’s folk who are out of Control And annoy others by bumpin into you, slavering in your ear, spilling **** around you generally being a nuisance
Yes have a drink but handle it and don’t intrude in
Others space and enjoyment

j'adore hibs
06-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Me & my mates love a drink before the game.nothing wrong with That.its that only time we see each other.drink polis are out in force it seems. have a drink just don’t be an erse

MWHIBBIES
06-05-2018, 05:31 PM
OP is quite right IMO. Being out in public that drunk is just embarrassing and ****ing annoying. Have a few pints before a game, not 12.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-05-2018, 05:44 PM
your not getting the point
It’s folk who are out of Control And annoy others by bumpin into you, slavering in your ear, spilling **** around you generally being a nuisance

Sounds like a walk any day of the week along gorgie road.

SteveHFC
06-05-2018, 05:52 PM

This. Don’t mind having a few drinks before the game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-05-2018, 05:53 PM
A mate of mine uploaded some "interesting" videos from the bus on the way home. Certain songs being belted out that imo have no place in football and earns us the tag of "cousins" to the green n white half of Glasgow

The "big" games bring out a minority in the support I've no time for

Nakedmanoncrack
06-05-2018, 05:55 PM
your not getting the point

If we are honest, most of us have done it to some point at some time of our Hibs supporting life, to be fair, it's only when totally sober that you notice how annoying drunks are in general, at football or anywhere else!

Lancs Harp
06-05-2018, 05:56 PM
A clear indication that things are going well on the pitch if a thread like this can get 80 hits. :wink::greengrin

yonder1875
06-05-2018, 07:13 PM
A mate of mine uploaded some "interesting" videos from the bus on the way home. Certain songs being belted out that imo have no place in football and earns us the tag of "cousins" to the green n white half of Glasgow

The "big" games bring out a minority in the support I've no time for

What were the Celtic related songs?

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-05-2018, 08:15 PM
What were the Celtic related songs?

Not Celtic songs specifically, but songs they like to sing. One referenced British soldiers to go home...

As I say nothing to do with football and at a time when most football fans are praising us for our songs and chants we don't need to be singing these types imo

Sammy7nil
06-05-2018, 08:30 PM

The problem is it always impacts on other people :rolleyes:

Babyshamble
06-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Songs about Wallace mercer at away games is a disgrace as well.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Songs about Wallace mercer at away games is a disgrace as well.

100% agree

monktonharp
06-05-2018, 09:07 PM

One bus yesterday arrived in car park, lots tipped off blootered, with cans of stellanot our bus:cb

monktonharp
06-05-2018, 09:20 PM

As the responsible parties the law puts the you in the firing line. If you dont want to face the consequence of your actions then get out of the kitchen if its too hot for you.I think your comment is well out of order. the guy almost guarantees an away bus (via his branch) to away games. get oot o' the kitchen? yer havin' a blonde moment , surely? take it you get to away games, drive and have nae money probs so getting a silly bus is well below your needs then eh?

Baldy Foghorn
06-05-2018, 09:25 PM
not our bus:cb

I Know W:aok:

3pm
06-05-2018, 09:38 PM

Embarrassing. Who actually drinks Stella?

Hibrandenburg
06-05-2018, 09:49 PM

And how many gallons of that pish do you need to get blootered?

monktonharp
06-05-2018, 09:55 PM
And how many gallons of that pish do you need to get blootered?they have a nickname for it, called wife beater , did you not know? It is a wee bit stronger than my 70/- tipple. drink 70/- and there's more chance of the wife beating you:greengrin

jabis
06-05-2018, 10:01 PM

I'm genuinely getting some popcorn for this story.

And if "the royal infirmary" isn't a euphemism I'm gonna be disappointed.😎

Moody Blues
06-05-2018, 11:22 PM
I'm genuinely getting some popcorn for this story.

And if "the royal infirmary" isn't a euphemism I'm gonna be disappointed.😎

That is me out. I will never drink before the game and will sit quietly on my hands making sure I don't converse with any fellow supporters in case they think I am pissed and might slavour
rubbish to them. And here was me enjoying this season until I read this post and thought to myself that there is always some killjoy wanting to put a damper on it. if it I not drink it is someone upsetting the poor souls because they criticise a player which no one is allowed to. These people must live very sheltered sad lives and will always find something to moan about.

HoboHarry
07-05-2018, 04:11 AM
Agreed, I wouldn't touch the muck. Or any beer come to that, beer is only for ruffians like football supporters. I prefer a nice wine myself which is rather more refined - unless you are Dave King of course who had the bailiffs at his door taking all of his away. He's a scoundrel too.......

HoboHarry
07-05-2018, 04:14 AM
:not worth :faf:

NZ Green
07-05-2018, 04:44 AM
Certainly put them in good voice!

.Sean.
07-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Not Celtic songs specifically, but songs they like to sing. One referenced British soldiers to go home...

As I say nothing to do with football and at a time when most football fans are praising us for our songs and chants we don't need to be singing these types imo
What a shower of embarrassments. **** off to Parkhead if you want to sing that garbage.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2018, 08:33 AM
What a shower of embarrassments. **** off to Parkhead if you want to sing that garbage.

:top marks

No time for any of that pish at Hibs games.

Thankfully these people are in the minority amongst our support but we need to be vigilant against this behaviour.

BullsCloseHibs
07-05-2018, 08:39 AM
I really don't see what the problem is!

It's fitbaw. It's a Saturday. It's been happening for over 100 years now.

Move on

hibbyfraelibby
07-05-2018, 08:56 AM
I think your comment is well out of order. the guy almost guarantees an away bus (via his branch) to away games. get oot o' the kitchen? yer havin' a blonde moment , surely? take it you get to away games, drive and have nae money probs so getting a silly bus is well below your needs then eh?

Drive to games, no money problems because I spend that money on deisel instead of rocket fuel. Gave up on supporters bus long ago because of the behaviour of the mindless boozed up morons who made an unhealthy environment for kids.

I recognise that not all buses are badly run and commend those convenors who take theircresponsobilities serious and ensure the law isnt broken but I still hold to the view if you dont want to accept your responsibilities and accept the consequences of your inaction them perhaps you should get someone else to do it and if no-one steps forward then no bus and the fault will lie with the law breakers and pissheads who cannot go a few hours without their fix of booze.

Carheenlea
07-05-2018, 02:03 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/six-arrests-following-disturbances-at-hibs-clash-with-aberdeen-1-4735927?ut

Booked4Being-Ugly
07-05-2018, 02:28 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/six-arrests-following-disturbances-at-hibs-clash-with-aberdeen-1-4735927?ut

Bellends.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 03:32 PM
I really don't see what the problem is!

It's fitbaw. It's a Saturday. It's been happening for over 100 years now.

Move on
That’s where I am as well, unless people are being a proper pain in the arse. I think it was less of an issue when it was standing as you could just move.

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2018, 04:13 PM

Fannies. The sort of nonsense we moan about Huns doing here.

j'adore hibs
07-05-2018, 04:17 PM
That is me out. I will never drink before the game and will sit quietly on my hands making sure I don't converse with any fellow supporters in case they think I am pissed and might slavour
rubbish to them. And here was me enjoying this season until I read this post and thought to myself that there is always some killjoy wanting to put a damper on it. if it I not drink it is someone upsetting the poor souls because they criticise a player which no one is allowed to. These people must live very sheltered sad lives and will always find something to moan about.

your argument doesnt really stand up does it....tell me are you getting so drunk you can hardly stand? if your just having a few drinks thats fine and not the point of this thread...maybe the drink has closed down some brain cells?

j'adore hibs
07-05-2018, 04:21 PM

deary dear........the funny thing is you'd expect this of a 16 year old but 44 and 59...wonder if they had the kids with them??!!!

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 04:26 PM
your argument doesnt really stand up does it....tell me are you getting so drunk you can hardly stand? if your just having a few drinks thats fine and not the point of this thread...maybe the drink has closed down some brain cells?
Most people probably don’t go out with the intention to get so drunk they can hardly stand. I very much doubt it’s the same people every week that are that drunk either. The majority of the time it’s just a group of people that have went for a drink and a couple will have had more than they can handle. I don’t feel it’s the major issue your making it out to be. I understand as a recovering alcoholic you will notice this much more than others might, but for most it’s just a day out at the football. Ever since I’ve been following hibs, Aberdeen away has always been a fixture that people tend to make a day out of. It’s a bit like a big game at Hampden, while it can be a bit annoying having to sit next to someone who’s had too much to drink, it’s hardly an unusual event.
Chill mate.

Moody Blues
07-05-2018, 04:58 PM

No sorry I don't get so drunk I cant stand, I think you are making that up but I do enjoy meeting up with my friends before the game and having a refreshment or two,which I think may be where your problem lies..that you don't have any friends and you hate to see folk enjoying themselves.
And as for the drink closing down some brains, well maybe you have a point, but then again it was not me that posted such a pathetic load of patronising rubbish.

Keith_M
07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
No sorry I don't get so drunk I cant stand, I think you are making that up but I do enjoy meeting up with my friends before the game and having a refreshment or two,which I think may be where your problem lies..that you don't have any friends and you hate to see folk enjoying themselves.
And as for the drink closing down some brains, well maybe you have a point, but then again it was not me that posted such a pathetic load of patronising rubbish.

:faf:

Gonnae stop noo, Ahm bursting ma sides here!

07-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Nothing wrong with folk having a bevy before the game provided they are mature enough to behave themselves at the game. Most folk are fine and don't cause bother but sadly some folk can't handle it and start to play the idiot.

Highly unpleasnt being near a drunk person whos being aggressive or just a total ********. Thankfully these people are in the minority.

Enjoy a drink by all means but ffs just be half sensible about it!

Frazerbob
07-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Local rag up here seems to think the arrests were mostly home fans. Certainly the guy done for sectarian comments was.

Keith_M
07-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Local rag up here seems to think the arrests were mostly home fans. Certainly the guy done for sectarian comments was.

Ruins what was otherwise a damn fine article.

:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Nothing wrong with folk having a bevy before the game provided they are mature enough to behave themselves at the game. Most folk are fine and don't cause bother but sadly some folk can't handle it and start to play the idiot.

Highly unpleasnt being near a drunk person whos being aggressive or just a total ********. Thankfully these people are in the minority.

Enjoy a drink by all means but ffs just be half sensible about it!

This

JimBHibees
07-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Saw this was highlighted on sky sports news with a number of fans had been arrested for anti social behaviour. Not sure why that should be seen as news. Bizarre.

j'adore hibs
07-05-2018, 09:58 PM

it makes me wanna cry, :na na::na na:

by the way im not really a recovering alcoholic that was said in jest, i have a few beers before the game with my mates, i just manage to be able to stand up, not annoy others or get arrested

im wondering if your one of the collagen girls

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 10:13 PM

by the way im not really a recovering alcoholic that was said in jest, i have a few beers before the game with my mates, i just manage to be able to stand up, not annoy others or get arrested

You’re a ****in idiot then. You’ve based you’re whole argument on the argument against alcohol consumption and you highlighted that you were a recovering alcoholic. That’s not something that should be made in jest. It takes a lot for me to make such a scathing post, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

Babyshamble
07-05-2018, 10:31 PM

by the way im not really a recovering alcoholic that was said in jest, i have a few beers before the game with my mates, i just manage to be able to stand up, not annoy others or get arrested for

My mate is currently in rehab for alcohol abuse.good Hibs man.its an illness & for you to make a cheap joke about it is disgusting.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2018, 10:35 PM

10/10

10/10/2017? Who were we playing?

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 10:41 PM
My mate is currently in rehab for alcohol abuse.good Hibs man.its an illness & for you to make a cheap joke about it is disgusting.
Completely agree. And to try and make an issue out of others behaviour based on a made up addiction is as low as it gets.

RIP Bestie
07-05-2018, 11:57 PM

Naw you just come on here and annoy folk. If you don't like to folk having a drink go and take up another hobby.
If anyone was annoying me at the football they would just be told and that would be it. You really are a knob. I see nothing funny in what you made up about being an alcoholic. Away and grow up

monktonharp
08-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Drive to games, no money problems because I spend that money on deisel instead of rocket fuel. Gave up on supporters bus long ago because of the behaviour of the mindless boozed up morons who made an unhealthy environment for kids.

I recognise that not all buses are badly run and commend those convenors who take theircresponsobilities serious and ensure the law isnt broken but I still hold to the view if you dont want to accept your responsibilities and accept the consequences of your inaction them perhaps you should get someone else to do it and if no-one steps forward then no bus and the fault will lie with the law breakers and pissheads who cannot go a few hours without their fix of booze.ok then. I accept your comment, re-preferring no to drink thereby keeping the purse strings tight which means you can afford your diesel and possible the odd pie and Bovril. I can do all that too, but I enjoy a bit o' craic with the boys/girls travelling on our bus. I do however, know that we have a hard core of our members/travellers that cant drive, and can sometimes struggle to pay for trains and take the bairns to aways,get them in,get them fed etc. don't know which world you live in but I live in a world where I see ordinary Edinburgh/Lothians people near the breadline. would you prefer these folk not to bother going to fitba' ? btw, we have had a couple of erses that got on our buses at times but they are "telt" what's what. End Of.

monktonharp
08-05-2018, 12:51 AM
Each to their own, if they do no damage to anyone else’s day oot, they’re entitled to ruin their own day with drink. I’d be a hypocrite to say any different. I never noticed anyone yesterday who was too drunk tbh, seen one guy roundabout Dunfermline that was stotting along the road at 09:30 absolutely bladdered, that was kinda funny.funny you should mention that. we actually arranged to pick a guy up in that area, around that time. An Aulder man, a bit unsteady on his feet. he was determined to get to the game and got on our bus totally sober! hows aboot that then? and we picked him up about half an hour after the time you saw someone!

Steve-O
08-05-2018, 12:58 AM

If anyone claims they don't, I suspect they're lying.

I think the law is a bit archaic in that sense, but as usual it's the few who spoil it for the many. For a 2.5 hour journey, 4-6 beers would be more than enough, but of course there'll be folk rolling up with a 24 pack and a half bottle of vodka hidden on their person.

I can't say I ever got hammered BEFORE a game in Scotland to the point I forgot what happened at the game.

Different story sometimes over here as you can continue drinking AT the game - being on the precipice of drunk and then having another 6 pints at the game can sometimes make my memory of said game a bit hazy :greengrin When I think about it that way, it's probably a good idea alcohol is still banned at football in Scotland!

monktonharp
08-05-2018, 01:08 AM
all relevant points Steve-O. I was at the last 20 mins of a game in Hamburg 2 weeks ago. got a pint, but think it was non alcohol? anyways, me and my mate were half pissed as we had watched the Hibees beating Celtic on a German tv stream. we would never had approached the ground, if we thought we'd had too much thereby risking a night in the clanger oversees:greengrin

monktonharp
08-05-2018, 01:11 AM
If anyone claims they don't, I suspect they're lying.

I think the law is a bit archaic in that sense, but as usual it's the few who spoil it for the many. For a 2.5 hour journey, 4-6 beers would be more than enough, but of course there'll be folk rolling up with a 24 pack and a half bottle of vodka hidden on their person.

I can't say I ever got hammered BEFORE a game in Scotland to the point I forgot what happened at the game.

Different story sometimes over here as you can continue drinking AT the game - being on the precipice of drunk and then having another 6 pints at the game can sometimes make my memory of said game a bit hazy :greengrin When I think about it that way, it's probably a good idea alcohol is still banned at football in Scotland!I do think drinking in my homeland, at football matches is probably the best idea . don't care about

the fact that our rugger chaps do what they do.

Steve-O
08-05-2018, 01:24 AM
I do think drinking in my homeland, at football matches is probably the best idea . don't care about

the fact that our rugger chaps do what they do.

Given how things tend to go here, I think the 'break' of going to the actual match is pretty good - you can then get back on it afterwards.

Over here in recent times I've tended to go home at the end of the game because I've had enough by then!

Can only imagine the scenes in Scotland if folk could manage to get 6 pints down them during the match.

Humo
08-05-2018, 02:29 AM

im wondering if your one of the collagen girlsHilarious.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

j'adore hibs
08-05-2018, 06:17 AM
I’ll apologise for my alcoholic comment , that was uncalle for but I wish people would
Understand difference from having a few drinks before a game and getting absolutely blootered
I’m
Not against folk halving a few drinks , some here getting very defensive about that
Anyway I’m out goodbye

Jay
08-05-2018, 06:56 AM

Jest? Wow. Probably one of the stupidest things ive seen on here.

Explain what a collagen girl is please..

Jones28
08-05-2018, 07:41 AM
I’ll apologise for my alcoholic comment , that was uncalle for but I wish people would
Understand difference from having a few drinks before a game and getting absolutely blootered
I’m
Not against folk halving a few drinks , some here getting very defensive about that
Anyway I’m out goodbye

You lost any credibility you may have gained after that.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 07:54 AM
Having a few beers before the football is part of the day for me. More often than not i'll feel a little tipsy especially if it's a big game at Hampden or wherever but but i feel it's deserved after a week at work. I see it as my chance to let my hair down. If people are too drunk and falling about they shouldn't be getting in the stadium anyway. Like everything else drink is ok in moderation.

j'adore hibs
08-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Dam

j'adore hibs
08-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Oh dear a cyber world cred I’ll never get back

Jones28
08-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Oh dear a cyber world cred I’ll never get back

Ah you're back! Great! Tell us about your fake alcoholism said in jest again

Jay
08-05-2018, 08:07 AM
I wanna know what a collagen girl is!! I may be one or want to be one!! :dunno:

Mr_F
08-05-2018, 08:18 AM

So nothing really of note, make an example of a few Hibs fans. If the Police were consistent they'd arrest 2,3,4k (delete depending on tickets sold) huns every time at ER...

iwasthere1972
08-05-2018, 08:32 AM
I wanna know what a collagen girl is!! I may be one or want to be one!! :dunno:

Obviously a female you've phoned but she didn't answer so you had to collagen.

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2018, 08:41 AM
So nothing really of note, make an example of a few Hibs fans. If the Police were consistent they'd arrest 2,3,4k (delete depending on tickets sold) huns every time at ER...

The article makes it sound like it was all Hibs fans. No mention of any Aberdonian being arrested for sectarianism.

Jay
08-05-2018, 09:40 AM

:tee hee: :tee hee:

Jackh
08-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Hope you feel **** today

good to see the fun police out in force again. God forbid we get to Europe and someone has a pint

green&left
08-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Always amazes me the polis can pick out 1 Aberdeen fan out of 15000 for sectarian comments but somehow manage to miss 49500 of them at Ibrox :greengrin

Bostonhibby
08-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I’m
Anyway I’m out goodbyeThe alcoholic claim being used was bad enough but using it to give some apparent credibility to yourself or in support of the point is a step too far I think. If you're not booted out you're a very easy ignore.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2018, 11:31 AM
I only drink to forget. There hasn’t been much of a need the last few seasons.

Moody Blues
08-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Naw you just come on here and annoy folk. If you don't like to folk having a drink go and take up another hobby.
If anyone was annoying me at the football they would just be told and that would be it. You really are a knob. I see nothing funny in what you made up about being an alcoholic. Away and grow up

Well said Bestie ! his user name should be Pinprick and not Pinhead

Moody Blues
08-05-2018, 12:13 PM

Ha Ha ! good one

Jay
08-05-2018, 12:25 PM
I think its time to close the thread. Its going nowhere.