PDA

View Full Version : Willie Miller

pacoluna
05-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Being at the match I can't confirm wether it happened or not however a couple of people have mentioned to me that Willie miller made a derogatory remark regarding Lennon "being on medication" during commentary? the

05-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Being at the match I can't confirm wether it happened or not however a couple of people have mentioned to me that Willie miller made a derogatory remark regarding Lennon "being on medication" during commentary? the

I only tuned in to Sportsound and half time and didn't hear mention of medication but there was reference to Lennon being the calmest person in the stadium. It came across more that they were surprised rather than it being derogatory. Which I thought was fair enough because he's usually pretty animated, I wasn't very calm myself but that was because of the Red TV commentators.

I quite often disagree with Willie Miller but of the bits I heard today, I thought he was pretty fair with his assessments of decisions going our way or their's.

Michael
05-05-2018, 08:53 PM
I think I know what you're referring too. He was actually complimenting how calm he was so I don't think it was malicious at all.

Jim44
05-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Don’t know if it’s true but it wouldn’t surprise me. He is a bitter, dour Aberdeen supporter who comes out with outrageous nonsense at times. I nearly fell off my seat a few weeks ago when he kept going on about a player (forget who) continually complaining about everything and questioning the ref’s every decision. :kettle:

DickieDastardly
05-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Don’t know if it’s true but it wouldn’t surprise me. He is a bitter, dour Aberdeen supporter who comes out with outrageous nonsense at times. I nearly fell off my seat a few weeks ago when he kept going on about a player (forget who) continually complaining about everything and questioning the ref’s every decision. :kettle:

At least he us not the stereo typical ex old firm player who regardless of intellect or grasp of the english language get rolled out on TV and radio. Willie Miller had a glittering career without going near either half of the bigot brothers, deserves his place on any football platform imo.

Mr White
05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
I think I know what you're referring too. He was actually complimenting how calm he was so I don't think it was malicious at all.

Agreed. I heard it and while it was definitely ill-advised given Lennon's well publicised struggles with depression, it didn't seem malicious at all. I don't like WM and I think his commentary is atrocious but I really don't think it was intended as a dig at Lennon's mental health issues.

Still Smiling
05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
I heard the comments and could not believe he said it. Very flippant and totally wrong given NL mental health issues. I honestly expected an apology a few minutes later! Totally out of order and inappropriate.

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2018, 09:14 PM

He's a cock. First hand experience on Edinburgh train 10 years ago

Still Smiling
05-05-2018, 09:37 PM
I have complaint to BBC.

IGRIGI
05-05-2018, 09:53 PM
No malice intended but in this day and age any excuse for an outburst of moral outrage can't be missed.

Clerie Green
05-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Snowflake generation :agree:

Roxyhibee
05-05-2018, 10:51 PM
Listened to the radio today but didn’t catch what Miller said about Lennon apart from he was the calmest person in the ground. If he made any derogatory comment about medication relating to mental health, he’s out of order and needs picked up about it.

Regarding his game commentary, he was very fair to Hibs, saying frequently we were the better team - he also calmly disagreed with that utter tool Richard Gordon, who at half time was hysterical in the studio about SJM’s foul on GMS being only a yellow. Cannot stand that pr!ck - especially after his bitter comment “who’s Dominique Malonga.?” after he scored that wonder goal against them.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2018, 10:54 PM
He's a cock. First hand experience on Edinburgh train 10 years ago

You held his cock on a train :crazy::applause:

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2018, 10:59 PM
No malice intended but in this day and age any excuse for an outburst of moral outrage can't be missed.

:greengrin :agree:

ian cruise
06-05-2018, 04:40 AM

I could be wrong but i think Miller and Neil are friends, I've definitely heard him talk about being out with Neil socially before and what great company he is, think it was when he was getting in to trouble for an outburst at a red (possibly European game?) and Miller was sticking up for him.

Ardenttwo
06-05-2018, 05:26 AM
You held his cock on a train :crazy::applause:

Bloody disgusting if if you ask me

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 05:39 AM

I heard it also and the comment wasn’t overly bad ‘his medication seems to be working’ was what I’m sure was said, but his chuckling about it did surprise me. Not a horrendous thing to come out with but sometimes the less said the better.

green day
06-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Willie Miller was very fair in his comments during the match.

The incident you refer to, he stated that NL was the calmest man in the stadium after McGinn tore into GMS on the touchline.

He was comparing McInnes, who was on the park, with NL calmness.

Our manager has been known to throw a tantrum or two - his medication remark was not said regarding NL depression, rather the type of remark anyone might make in the circumstances.

Let's just move on?

Beefster
06-05-2018, 07:14 AM
I have complaint to BBC.

About what?

SquashedFrogg
06-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Snowflake generation :agree:

Totally agree. This being a prime example. People complaining to the BBC is embarrassing.

HFCdeb
06-05-2018, 07:22 AM
Willie Miller was very fair in his comments during the match.

The incident you refer to, he stated that NL was the calmest man in the stadium after McGinn tore into GMS on the touchline.

He was comparing McInnes, who was on the park, with NL calmness.

Our manager has been known to throw a tantrum or two - his medication remark was not said regarding NL depression, rather the type of remark anyone might make in the circumstances.

Let's just move on?

This. Context is everything.

heretoday
06-05-2018, 07:41 AM
Miller is OK. Not the worst. And he is at least articulate, unlike some on the radio.

.Sean.
06-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Complaints. Deary me, I’d be mortified putting my name on that email.

Some people really do look for any reason to be offended these days. Have a day off.

JimBHibees
06-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Listened to the game on the radio thought Willie was very fair in his comments.

One Day
06-05-2018, 08:14 AM
What did he actually say

Clarence
06-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Totally agree. This being a prime example. People complaining to the BBC is embarrassing.

If Neil had spoken publicly about having another medical problem like cancer or heart disease then comments about the effectiveness of his medication would be viewed as bad taste. Can you imagine? I don’t spend a lot of time on social media so I don’t know what a snowflake is but what I find embarrassing is that some folk can’t see that Willie Miller wasn’t able to pay a compliment to Neil without having a backhanded dig about his mental health. Mental health, which by the way, is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the uk.

chrisski33
06-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Jeezo i heard it and nothing wrong with at all. Some folk need to get a grip

cabbageandribs1875
06-05-2018, 10:46 AM

all of this :agree: what a state some folk get in to over nothing

CropleyWasGod
06-05-2018, 11:03 AM
The Depression and Anxiety thread on here is, in many people's opinion, the best thing on Hibs.net. It's clear from that, that people have many different ways of dealing with their issues.

One of those ways is humour. I often think that we can get a bit po-faced about stuff, when a wee smile can help us deal with it.

That's just me, though. Bottom line here is.... unless NL is offended by whatever WM said, and how he said it, there really is no issue.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

BH Hibs
06-05-2018, 12:45 PM
If Neil had spoken publicly about having another medical problem like cancer or heart disease then comments about the effectiveness of his medication would be viewed as bad taste. Can you imagine? I don’t spend a lot of time on social media so I don’t know what a snowflake is but what I find embarrassing is that some folk can’t see that Willie Miller wasn’t able to pay a compliment to Neil without having a backhanded dig about his mental health. Mental health, which by the way, is the biggest killer of men under 50 in the uk.

Sorry mate but apart from the last sentence that’s just bollocks. I’m no fan of Miller but there was no mallace in anything he said yesterday. In fact as other posters have said he was quick to put down Richard Gordon’s screams for a red card for SJM. People looking to be offended for no reason.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Howler of a thread!