PDA

View Full Version : Penalty taking

eastcoasthibby
05-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Surprised McLaren took the penalty after his poor one at Ibrox ....which was poor but he got away with it !! why was Scott Allen not on it ? Or Kamberi ? Why not Hanlon Hindsight put a costly miss for us probably ....who do people think is our best PK taker ?

Aldo
05-05-2018, 07:07 PM
It wasn’t poor he scored it. It would have been poor if he had missed at Newco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
05-05-2018, 07:15 PM
People miss pens. ...it happens...not worth analysing too much...I was more disappointed with him missing the Header soon after...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
05-05-2018, 07:18 PM
People miss pens. ...it happens...not worth analysing too much...I was more disappointed with him missing the Header soon after...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brutal miss.

Not his best game.

noz
05-05-2018, 07:22 PM
goalie was well off his line, shouldve been a retake. But yes, it wasnt a great penalty.

overdrive
05-05-2018, 07:47 PM
I thought the front two were both poor today. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Kamberi missed either.

Hibee Mac
05-05-2018, 07:53 PM
It wasn’t poor he scored it. It would have been poor if he had missed at Newco.

Sorry but don't agree with this. You can definitely still hit a poor penalty and score.

Both of Maclaren's penalties have been poor, one went in one didn't.

Jones28
05-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Whittiker took them for Rangers, I'd have had him on it.

05-05-2018, 07:56 PM
I think penalty takers should be nominated along the lines of 1 Maclaren, 2 Scotty, 3 Kamberi. Now Maclaren has missed one Scotty takes them all until he misses then it is Kamberi until he misses.

danhibees1875
05-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Our choices at set pieces was disappointing, with hindsight (McLaren, then Mcginn constantly).

B.H.F.C
05-05-2018, 08:00 PM
His header was easier than the penalty.

I didn’t think they looked sure who was in penalties.

Clerie Green
05-05-2018, 08:02 PM
much preferred Simon Murray !
:na na:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Saw it on Alba. Decent penalty, very good save.

cmcd
05-05-2018, 08:04 PM
His header was easier than the penalty.

I didn’t think they looked sure who was in penalties.

No excuse but the keeper was a yard off his line before JM hit it

cleanyman
05-05-2018, 08:06 PM
I mind a few months ago Stokes was getting stick for scoring penalties.

Not as easy as it looks.

truehibernian
05-05-2018, 08:07 PM
He'll score at Tynecastle - guaranteed. The lad is like McCoist in the sense he won't dwell on the misses today but he'll be determined to make it right next game - which happily is v Hearts :greengrin:aok: he has a good mentality.

Jamie to score a brace midweek :wink:

grunt
05-05-2018, 08:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcdV0o9XkAIM7nT.jpg:large
goalie was well off his line, shouldve been a retake. But yes, it wasnt a great penalty.
Yup.

Famous Fiver
05-05-2018, 08:15 PM
What is the linesman/Assistant referee up to?

These guys can spot an offside to the inch but can't identify a keeper at least a yard off his line.

To quote a Traynor phrase ' Beggars belief'.

Ryan69
05-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Sorry but don't agree with this. You can definitely still hit a poor penalty and score.

It actually seemed togo right through the The Rangers goalie.
Certainly wouldn't label you as a penalty taker
I'd have Hanlon taking them.

hibby6270
05-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Yup.

OMG!! Just what is the asst referee seeing there?
I mean he has 2 tasks at a penalty - no?

1) Make sure keeper stays on line before kick taken - epic fail!!
2) check if ball crosses line and it’s a goal - would probably have got that wrong as well!!

jane_says
05-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Yup.

The linesman is literally looking right at him. Without sounding to I much like a h*n...beggars belief

CropleyWasGod
05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
The linesman is literally looking right at him. Without sounding to I much like a h*n...beggars beliefEven if he'd scored...Hibs player in the box..
Retake [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
05-05-2018, 08:40 PM

Surely by that reckoning you can hit a good one and miss, today's was struck really well, bang in the corner, with pace, keeper made a great stop, guessed correctly and got lucky by being off his line. Can't have it both ways.

truehibernian
05-05-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm hoping the ref and linos pull up Berra for his repeated foul throws midweek - which are an absolute given.

I'm surprised Lennon hasn't planted the seed in officials' minds before every derby this year as Berra has never ever taken a legal throw that I've seen in games we've played v them. Minor I know, but crucial if refs pick it up and it's in a crucial area of the pitch. And he tends to take a lot of them for Hearts.

05-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Even if he'd scored...Hibs player in the box..
Retake [emoji48]

And an Aberdeen player right beside the Hibs player.

Ozyhibby
05-05-2018, 08:49 PM
McLaren takes the pens because he is likely the best at the club. This won’t be left to the players to decide on the day. They will have practised pens at training and know who is the most consistent.
Pretty sure there were a fair few pens on McLarens Brisbane you tube videos.

Hibeewilly
05-05-2018, 08:54 PM
It actually seemed togo right through the The Rangers goalie.
Certainly wouldn't label you as a penalty taker
I'd have Hanlon taking them.
I thought McLaren was extremely fortunate to score the penalty at Ibrox......when he stepped up today I was dreading it. He should have scored with the header as well. Paul Hanlon has never missed a penalty for Hibs so I would make him the designated taker

Scott Allan Key
05-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Even if he'd scored...Hibs player in the box..
Retake [emoji48]

Aberdeen player too. Edit- Someone else spotted this too. Call me Yosser Hughes but how much do you get paid to be an assistant referee?

Hibee Mac
05-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Surely by that reckoning you can hit a good one and miss, today's was struck really well, bang in the corner, with pace, keeper made a great stop, guessed correctly and got lucky by being off his line. Can't have it both ways.

Not saying you can't hit a good one that is saved either.

However, today's was not bang in the corner, it was a poor penalty.

angus hibby
05-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Surprised McLaren took the penalty after his poor one at Ibrox ....which was poor but he got away with it !! why was Scott Allen not on it ? Or Kamberi ? Why not Hanlon Hindsight put a costly miss for us probably ....who do people think is our best PK taker ?

MacLaren scored our last penalty so quite right he takes it today. If Hanlon, Kamberi, Allan or anyone else had taken the penalty today and missed, guaranteed most on here would be saying “why did MacLaren not take it as he scored our last one”!!

What the assistant ref is doing, god only knows. Lewis is halfway to his six yard box!

Diclonius
05-05-2018, 10:27 PM
What's the justification for Hanlon taking penalties? Was he a regular taker for youth teams?

Speedy
05-05-2018, 10:51 PM
What's the justification for Hanlon taking penalties? Was he a regular taker for youth teams?

Scored regularly in shootouts

NAE NOOKIE
06-05-2018, 12:28 AM
OMG!! Just what is the asst referee seeing there?
I mean he has 2 tasks at a penalty - no?

1) Make sure keeper stays on line before kick taken - epic fail!!
2) check if ball crosses line and it’s a goal - would probably have got that wrong as well!!

Absolutely ..... The minute I saw it on ALBA it was clear as day that the keeper was way off his line when McLaren hit the ball, it wasn't a good penalty but it has even less chance of being a goal if the keeper is allowed to narrow the angle to the extent Lewis was. What the hell is the point of the asst ref even bothering to watch the penalty if he cant spot such an obvious infringement of the rules.

kaimendhibs
06-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Assistant ref[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Linesman will always be linesmen. Those guys behind goals at higher games, have they ever made a decision?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Fife-Hibee
06-05-2018, 04:45 AM
Yup.

😡

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 05:41 AM
Not saying you can't hit a good one that is saved either.

However, today's was not bang in the corner, it was a poor penalty.

The keeper was three yards off his line and had to stretch to save, that to me says it’s heading bang in the corner.

Eyrie
06-05-2018, 12:17 PM
The keeper was three yards off his line and had to stretch to save, that to me says it’s heading bang in the corner.

Have a look at the replay from behind the goal. That says to me that the ball was heading at least a yard inside the post (I could exaggerate by claiming two yards but there's no need).

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 12:23 PM

Think he’s scored in all the penalty shoot outs we’ve had

However, anyone can miss a penalty, and to be honest his penalty should have been retaken, as Lewis was miles off his line

NZ Green
07-05-2018, 03:01 AM
Many of his goals for Brisbane Roar were penalties, he's a penalty box striker so I think he probably is best suited to take them. He's scored one and missed one. That's the nature of penalties, there's a greater element of luck...at least it was on target!

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2018, 07:08 AM
Need someone like Joe Davies a reliable expert penalty taker someone who is going to be around the club for years to come someone we can trust with our lives to take a penalty knowing it is 100% going to be a goal.

Jamie MacLaren the more he practices the better luckier he will get.

I felt he he hit ball with enough power it was just at the perfect height for the goalie who was already two yards off his line.

**** happens he is due us one.

Brightside
07-05-2018, 07:17 AM

He last missed one when he was 3 years old. 😂 I also wish he’d have a go with some of the longer free kicks.

calumhibee1
07-05-2018, 07:31 AM
McLaren takes the pens because he is likely the best at the club. This won’t be left to the players to decide on the day. They will have practised pens at training and know who is the most consistent.

Yup. And while his pen at Ibrox was a bit fortunate and Saturdays was poor, he shouldn’t be taken off them yet.

Speedy
07-05-2018, 09:22 AM
Just watched the highlights. Terrible penalty.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Just watched the highlights. Terrible penalty.

Was, but Lewis jumps 2 yards off his line before he takes it

Diclonius
07-05-2018, 09:56 AM

Maclaren took the pen at Ibrox despite Lennon telling McGinn to take it. McGinn was our taker up until then and should revert back to it now.

wookie70
07-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Maclaren took the pen at Ibrox despite Lennon telling McGinn to take it. McGinn was our taker up until then and should revert back to it now. Lennon should make it clear who is the penalty taker before the game. It looked to me like McLaren grabben the ball and said makers, takers. I'd go one step further and actually have the penalty taker knowing which corner he was going to put it in and make sure it is taken high to one side where the keeper can't get it. Indecision is usually why pens are missed so make it easy by having everything organised before hand. Saying all that it gets far harder when Keepers are allowed to stray so far off their line.

worcesterhibby
07-05-2018, 06:26 PM
I think penalty takers should be nominated along the lines of 1 Maclaren, 2 Scotty, 3 Kamberi. Now Maclaren has missed one Scotty takes them all until he misses then it is Kamberi until he misses.

So if we had a penalty taker who scored 20 in a row and then missed one..you would take it off him ?

CockneyRebel
11-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Lennon should make it clear who is the penalty taker before the game. It looked to me like McLaren grabben the ball and said makers, takers. I'd go one step further and actually have the penalty taker knowing which corner he was going to put it in and make sure it is taken high to one side where the keeper can't get it. Indecision is usually why pens are missed so make it easy by having everything organised before hand. Saying all that it gets far harder when Keepers are allowed to stray so far off their line.

Don't think so - it was deliberate/calculated/premeditated, aided and abetted by a lazy linesman doing naff all to earn his pay..