PDA

View Full Version : NHC Alex Ferguson

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2018, 07:01 PM
In a critical condition in hospital facing surgery tonight.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Apparently in hospital in a serious condition and due to have surgery later tonight.

Tobias Funke

Just heard. Hope he pulls through, absolute legend of the game.

Danderhall Hibs

I wondered if something was up when I saw that his laddie Darren hadn’t gone to his teams game today.

Northernhibee
05-05-2018, 07:04 PM
Hope he pulls through. Leviathan of the game.

Thecat23
05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Really hope he pulls through. Gutted to hear this!

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Brain haemorrhage according to the bbc.

RossScott1991
05-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Already had the OP Man Utd have released statement, went well and is in recovery at minute

Pretty Boy
05-05-2018, 07:08 PM
A Scottish football icon and legend. Hoping he pulls through.

hibsmum
05-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Best wishes Fergie

05-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Fingers crossed for him, hope he recovers.

Scouse Hibee
05-05-2018, 07:17 PM
One of the old school of management who succeeded thorough different eras.
Hope he pulls through.

andy1875
05-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Get well soon Fergie!

Allant1981
05-05-2018, 07:21 PM
removed

hope that was typed in error

Allant1981
05-05-2018, 07:21 PM
removed

erse

Sir David Gray
05-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Absolute giant of the game that we all love and a true Scottish icon.

Hope you pull through Fergie.

Thecat23
05-05-2018, 07:30 PM
What’s with all the deleted messages? Surely to god no one finds this funny? If someone is mocking him while he’s fighting for his life I hope they are banned from here.

I’m not a Man U fan at all, but Fergie is a proper football legend he deserves all the respect he gets as he’s earned it.

murray26
05-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Good luck Fergie.. true legend.. thoughts and prayers with you🤞

Swedish hibee
05-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Awful news about Sir Alex. Fingers crossed for him.

Biggie
05-05-2018, 07:35 PM
What’s with all the deleted messages? Surely to god no one finds this funny? If someone is mocking him while he’s fighting for his life I hope they are banned from here.

I’m not a Man U fan at all, but Fergie is a proper football legend he deserves all the respect he gets as he’s earned it.

100% this.....cmon fergie, your made of the right stuff

J-C
05-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope all is well, living football legend.

we are hibs
05-05-2018, 07:40 PM
The greatest manager ever IMO and certainly the most successful. God Bless him and I hope he makes a full recovery

jabis
05-05-2018, 07:44 PM
#keepfightingfergie

Deansy
05-05-2018, 07:47 PM
C'mon Fergie - if anyone can outplay the guy with the scythe, it's you !!

truehibernian
05-05-2018, 07:58 PM
I was lucky enough to get a signed football of the '83 Gothenburg Aberdeen team thanks to Sir Alex - and my incredibly dogmatic gran who bent Eric Black's ear relentlessly when they were neighbours !!! SAF didn't even think twice about it apparently and the said signed football was in my very young hands a couple of weeks after they won the cup getting battered around her garden with Eric in goals :faf:.

It turned full circle when a few years later I had a seasonal job at The Sheraton in Edinburgh and found myself serving Sir Alex, Archie Knox and Paddy Crerand after Man Utd had played a testimonial game here......I think it might have been after Eamonn Bannon's but might be wrong. They sat talking football, drinking, and being the best company a young football fan and then 'footballer' could have ever imagined. Ended up staying on and 'serving' them (whilst they insisted I drink with them) until the wee small hours.............and telling Mark Hughes to beat it and get to his bed when he tried to come into the bar and get served :greengrin when he asked me if I still had the football I said sadly it had been stolen (which it had)........at which point he said 'aye did yer gran check the boot of Eric's car when he left fir France' :greengrin

Lovely, lovely man who that night made a then young, impressionable, Hibs daft 'wannabe footballer' from Edinburgh feel a million dollars by the end of his shift that day/night.

Hope he pulls through :aok:

Bostonhibby
05-05-2018, 08:04 PM
A great man that I always admired. Hope he pulls through.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Mr White
05-05-2018, 08:06 PM
I was lucky enough to get a signed football of the '83 Gothenburg Aberdeen team thanks to Sir Alex - and my incredibly dogmatic gran who bent Eric Black's ear relentlessly when they were neighbours !!! SAF didn't even think twice about it apparently and the said signed football was in my very young hands a couple of weeks after they won the cup getting battered around her garden with Eric in goals :faf:.

It turned full circle when a few years later I had a seasonal job at The Sheraton in Edinburgh and found myself serving Sir Alex, Archie Knox and Paddy Crerand after Man Utd had played a testimonial game here......I think it might have been after Eamonn Bannon's but might be wrong. They sat talking football, drinking, and being the best company a young football fan and then 'footballer' could have ever imagined. Ended up staying on and 'serving' them (whilst they insisted I drink with them) until the wee small hours.............and telling Mark Hughes to beat it and get to his bed when he tried to come into the bar and get served :greengrin when he asked me if I still had the football I said sadly it had been stolen (which it had)........at which point he said 'aye did yer gran check the boot of Eric's car when he left fir France' :greengrin

Lovely, lovely man who that night made a then young, impressionable, Hibs daft 'wannabe footballer' from Edinburgh feel a million dollars by the end of his shift that day/night.

Brilliant story. Good friends of my wife's family had a son who tragically died at a young age after a life long illness. He was a big Man Utd fan and he visited Old Trafford a few times while he could. STF went above and beyond on every occasion and has continued ever since to support the family in their charitable trust that was set up to help the families of children stricken with the same condition. Regardless of football affiliation the guy is an absolute legend and a gentleman and I hope he pulls through.

HoboHarry
05-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Hope the great man makes a full recovery........

truehibernian
05-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Brilliant story. Good friends of my wife's family had a son who tragically died at a young age after a life long illness. He was a big Man Utd fan and he visited Old Trafford a few times while he could. STF went above and beyond on every occasion and has continued ever since to support the family in their charitable trust that was set up to help the families of children stricken with the same condition. Regardless of football affiliation the guy is an absolute legend and a gentleman and I hope he pulls through.

Very sorry to hear about the loss they had mate, tragic. But as you say, football for all it's critics does have many people in the game who have huge hearts and are very human and humble despite the money and fame.

Thecat23
05-05-2018, 08:19 PM

That’s brilliant, love reading these kind of stories.

Hiber-nation
05-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Best wishes to Fergie, keep fighting big man.

truehibernian
That’s brilliant, love reading these kind of stories.

Cheers TC :aok:

Mind I'll caveat it by also saying big Craig Paterson was my (parents) neighbour as a kid and he got me hee haw despite my grandad and dad being staunch Hibees................Petrie !!!!!!! :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
True icon. Hope that he makes a full recovery.

wpj
05-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Have to say I have really warmed to Sir Alex over the years and wish him nothing but the best

pacorosssco
05-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Wish any I'll person a full recovery. Opinions for selevate discussion. Best wishes

Thecat23
05-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Cheers TC :aok:

Mind I'll caveat it by also saying big Craig Paterson was my (parents) neighbour as a kid and he got me hee haw despite my grandad and dad being staunch Hibees................Petrie !!!!!!! :greengrin

😂😂

Pagan Hibernia
05-05-2018, 08:48 PM
What a manager. I don’t like these ‘greatest Manager ever’ debates but there can’t have been many, if any, better.

Whats more, despite the popular image of him as something of a bully there are plenty in the game who say in private he was a lovely man, always generous with time and support for other managers and people in the game, and an old school gentleman.

Brain hemorrhages can be very nasty and complicated things and you never know how they’ll end up but I’m sure he’s in great hands and if anyone will fight it he will.

esjorto
05-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Hoping for a full and speedy recovery Sir Alec.

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Oh ****. Pull though Fergie

Greentinted
06-05-2018, 03:26 AM
Watched a Netflix documentary about him the other week and it shows him to be a multifarious man with bucketfuls of charisma to spare.
Hope he can recover well as he really deserves a good bit of Fergie Time for himself!

Squealing pig
06-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Get well soon best manager ive seen ever

One Day
06-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Hope he recovers

Tom Hart RIP
06-05-2018, 09:01 AM
I was speaking to Jim Herriot recently and he told me that a relative had arranged hospitality at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. As he was having a drink, a woman approached him and told him the Sir Alex wanted to see him in his private quarters. Jim and his relative who is a mad United fan went through and Fergie looked after them. He told Jim that every week he gets a list of people attending hospitality to see if he knows anyone.
Jim was an ex team mate at Dunfermline 50 plus years ago. According to Jim he was great company and hasn't changed.

G B Young
06-05-2018, 09:12 AM
The greatest manager of all, by a mile. No club boss will ever come close to matching him. His unbelievable trophy haul at Man U often overshadows his achievements at Aberdeen which were phenomenal in their own right. Hope he makes a good recovery.

One Day
06-05-2018, 02:28 PM
I was speaking to Jim Herriot recently and he told me that a relative had arranged hospitality at Old Trafford a couple of years ago. As he was having a drink, a woman approached him and told him the Sir Alex wanted to see him in his private quarters. Jim and his relative who is a mad United fan went through and Fergie looked after them. He told Jim that every week he gets a list of people attending hospitality to see if he knows anyone.
Jim was an ex team mate at Dunfermline 50 plus years ago. According to Jim he was great company and hasn't changed.

These are the kind of stories we should hear more of

emerald green
06-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Just saw something on the news showing Sir Alex presenting Arsene Wenger with a farewell gift to mark the occasion of Arsene's last game in charge of the Arsenal at Old Trafford. Fergie looked fit and well for a man of 76.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Pretty Boy
26-07-2018, 01:16 PM
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/sir-alex-ferguson-has-message-for-all-man-utd-supporters

SirDavidsNapper
26-07-2018, 01:43 PM
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/sir-alex-ferguson-has-message-for-all-man-utd-supporters

Glad he's made a full recovery. Even at his age he has a presence about him. Not many like him about and hopefully he's about for a long time yet.

snooky
26-07-2018, 01:44 PM

Heart-warming. He does look as though he's had a bit of a shake which is totally understandable.
All the best, Fergie. :aok:

Thecat23
26-07-2018, 01:46 PM
I don’t think he looks great to be honest in that video. But considering he was so close to deaths door it’s fantastic he’s where he is now. Hope he continues to recover as well as he has 👍🏼