PDA

View Full Version : Penalty but not card yellow nor red

Hexham Hibee
05-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Mark Reynolds pushes Boyle in the box for penalty. Looked a clear goal scoring opportunity but ref doesn’t even give him a yellow. WTF. Summed up Beatons performance!

Jones28
05-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Beaton was awful, it's no surprise he made decisions like that.

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Was it no Mclaren?

kaimendhibs
05-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Beaton was absolutely honking today[emoji49][emoji49]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
05-05-2018, 07:49 PM
What about the pen we never got in the 92nd min .
Loked a stone Waller to me :cb

Billy Whizz
05-05-2018, 08:01 PM

Funny I don’t think he was.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Mark Reynolds pushes Boyle in the box for penalty. Looked a clear goal scoring opportunity but ref doesn’t even give him a yellow. WTF. Summed up Beatons performance!

It was a foul but it’s not a deliberate foul - definitely not a red card by the rules and I would agree with the referee that a yellow isn’t appropriate either.

Watching on Alba it seemed like Beaton was doing well but then started reacting to the home crowd after about half an hour and lost control

crash
05-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Thought that todays game was a difficult one to referee, Beaton performed above his usual standard today.

hibbysam
05-05-2018, 08:36 PM
It was a foul but it’s not a deliberate foul - definitely not a red card by the rules and I would agree with the referee that a yellow isn’t appropriate either.

Watching on Alba it seemed like Beaton was doing well but then started reacting to the home crowd after about half an hour and lost control

The rule is "did he make an attempt to play the ball" - the answer is no. You cannot try and win the ball by pushing someone, whether harsh or not the only question is if it is a goalscoring opportunity, debatable as the centre half wasn't too far away. It was a minimum of a booking though.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
The rule is "did he make an attempt to play the ball" - the answer is no. You cannot try and win the ball by pushing someone, whether harsh or not the only question is if it is a goalscoring opportunity, debatable as the centre half wasn't too far away. It was a minimum of a booking though.

I think he was making an attempt to play the ball. He didn’t push Maclaren - it was a coming together and Reynolds was second to the ball and impeded Maclaren.

B.H.F.C
05-05-2018, 09:22 PM
I think he was making an attempt to play the ball. He didn’t push Maclaren - it was a coming together and Reynolds was second to the ball and impeded Maclaren.

Agree. At the time I never gave a red card a thought. Just thought it was a clash. Didn’t look like there was any real challenge as such.

Deansy
05-05-2018, 10:03 PM
What about the pen we never got in the 92nd min .
Loked a stone Waller to me :cb

Thought we were lucky to get the penalty we did get but the 92nd min one IS a stone-waller - just another shocking decision in a long, long list of shocking decisions this season !. It's testimony to the players that we've had such a fantastic season despite appalling referees !

pacorosssco
05-05-2018, 10:05 PM

Think Stevenson was halfed when didn't even have ball

basehibby
06-05-2018, 02:42 AM
Thought we were lucky to get the penalty we did get but the 92nd min one IS a stone-waller - just another shocking decision in a long, long list of shocking decisions this season !. It's testimony to the players that we've had such a fantastic season despite appalling referees !

This for sure - for me Hibs have been penalised this season by Scottish refs for trying to play good football. It's a malaise in our game

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 05:44 AM

With what part of his body? He was running and at no point made any attempt to kick the ball.. He bundled MacLaren over. He’s only spared by the rule change if it’s a challenge for the ball, that wasn’t, he was running and bundled the player over.

Scouse Hibee
06-05-2018, 06:41 AM

Yes you have described it perfectly as I saw it.

Allant1981
06-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Funny I don’t think he was.

he was blowing for free kicks what seemed like every 30 secs, didnt let the game flow in the slightest

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 09:02 AM
Yes you have described it perfectly as I saw it.

I’m not saying it wasn’t unlucky, but Reynolds definitely didn’t make a tackle for the ball, which is the only way you’ll be saved further punishment. He didn’t get the chance as the foul happened way before he got near the ball therefore in the laws it’s a red if it’s a goalscoring opportunity. That’s the bit I’m doubtful about. No yellow minimum was poor though, not as poor as Logan not getting booked at the McGinn challenge which would’ve seen him off 5 minutes later.