PDA

View Full Version : Do superstitions still matter when watching games "as live"?

Dan Sarf
05-05-2018, 12:26 PM
I firmly believe that if I fail to wear my ancient and tattered Hibs scarf when watching Hibs, even just on TV, they will lose and it will be all my fault.

Will this still apply when I watch the Alba "as live" transmission at 6.00 pm this afternoon (having successfully avoided hearing the score obviously)?

:confused:

HFCdeb
05-05-2018, 12:30 PM
I'd say it counts. I do that lol. Also didn't know it was being shown on Alba later tonight so thanks for the info. Wear the tattered scarf please, I'd hate to have to blame you if we lose.

Dan Sarf
05-05-2018, 12:34 PM
I'd say it counts. I do that lol. Also didn't know it was being shown on Alba later tonight so thanks for the info. Wear the tattered scarf please, I'd hate to have to blame you if we lose.

Will do. Thanks for good advice :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
05-05-2018, 12:39 PM
If I see one on match day I must see the second one. I believe Ian Murray had the same superstition and the team bus would drive around till the second one was spotted. Luckily no magpies in Singapore.

Hibs4185
05-05-2018, 12:54 PM
I couldn’t make the Celtic game so watched it from home. Had a killie ticket but after the Celtic performance and result I decided to watch it from home instead in case I am a bad luck charm.

Needless to to say I am also watching today’s game from home! I might never get back to Easter Road if we keep these performances up

wookie70
05-05-2018, 01:39 PM
I have forgotten my lucky scarf today. Knitted just before the Cup Final win and has hardly seen us lose. Too late to get back to the car now