PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Hibs on BBC Alba

Johnny Clash
04-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Was checking to see if tomorrow’s game was televised.

BBC Alba will be showing entire game at 6pm

Just hope it’s a classic Hibee victory and well worth a watch!

Pretty Boy
04-05-2018, 07:38 AM
I can't make the game as my partner is out so I have the baby all day.

Plan is a walk around Loch Leven and avoiding the score all day then watching at 6.

I give it until 3.02 before I'm checking.

Captain Trips
04-05-2018, 07:45 AM

Plan is a walk around Loch Leven and avoiding the score all day then watching at 6.

PB I have done that quite a few times and actually recorded the match and watched late at night. I have always managed to avoid.

ajf
04-05-2018, 07:48 AM

You can walk around loch leven in 3 hours ? , well done 😊

California-Hibs
04-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Aberdeen TV for me tomorrow

calumhibee1
04-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Is it not on Hibs TV?

Hibernian Verse
04-05-2018, 07:57 AM

I give it until 3.02 before I'm checking.You'll get a braw day for it. Hope you manage to avoid the score and get a nice surprise about half 7.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
04-05-2018, 07:57 AM

I was hospitalised last week so missed the Kilmarnock game, but I switched off my phone before 3pm then watched “live” on ALBA at 6. A single room and a family visit during real game time helped to take mind off it, and when I started watching at 6 I soon forgot it was delayed. Kept phone off until coverage was finished in case of texts etc. Found it quite easy and never once was tempted to look up latest as having the game to look forward to watching later was far more appealing. Just switch off phone properly, then enjoy your day out with baby with a huge Hibs game to watch later on. Sounds like a great Saturday to me.

:flag:

Johnny Clash
04-05-2018, 09:13 AM

I did think of trying to do that myself but reckon would need phone off for 5 hours coz of all the messages and posts you get during and after games nowadays.

CentreLine
04-05-2018, 09:25 AM
I managed to avoid the score of the Kilmarnock game and watched it on Alba. My problem, when watching at home, is that I like to pour a dram when Hibs score. It’s been a while since I had to indulge so heavily but loved every minute of it. More of that Hibs please.

Dinkydoo
04-05-2018, 09:56 AM
There is usually a broadcast of the Alba games without commentary (must be added later) that you can find live on some dodgy sites.

I'll be going for that after an Aberdeen mate text me saying "Phew" at fulltime last Saturday.

I changed my mind about what he meant about 4 times during the game!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

guthrie01
04-05-2018, 10:03 AM

Why not our own perfectly usable TV service if you live abroad ?

Just giving our rivals more money than they already have over us, bizarre

04-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Record Hibs TV audio and play it back whilst watching BBC Alba.

NAE NOOKIE
04-05-2018, 10:18 AM
One will be cutting one's grass and various other gardening activities between 3 and 5:30 in a desperate attempt to miss the score :greengrin

Tricla
04-05-2018, 10:23 AM
Record Hibs TV audio and play it back whilst watching BBC Alba.

How does one go about recording the Hibs TV audio?

Smartie
04-05-2018, 11:36 AM
I watched that vintage episode of "The Likely Lads" the other night after somebody linked to it on here.

Saturday is going to be my real-life version of it as well.

04-05-2018, 11:44 AM
How does one go about recording the Hibs TV audio?

Play Hibs TV on a tablet or phone and record it with the sound recorder app on a different tablet or phone then leave the room for a couple of hours.

Eyrie
04-05-2018, 12:11 PM
I watched that vintage episode of "The Likely Lads" the other night after somebody linked to it on here.

Saturday is going to be my real-life version of it as well.

I'd check the forecast for Aberdeen first :wink:

thegaffer12
04-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Sure there's a way to stream the Alba cameras live but just without the Gaelic commentary?

nyhibs
04-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Didn't that match end up being cancelled I watched that vintage episode of "The Likely Lads" the other night after somebody linked to it on here.

Saturday is going to be my real-life version of it as well.[/QUOTE]

SeanWilson
04-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Is it not on Hibs TV?

Yes - apparently video is available for international 👍

Lancs Harp
04-05-2018, 08:56 PM
I quite like the Gaelic commentary, Im the only person on the Fylde coast that knows the gaelic for offside, corner, referee, goal and hun.

California-Hibs
04-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Why not our own perfectly usable TV service if you live abroad ?

Just giving our rivals more money than they already have over us, bizarre

Never realized it was on Hibs TV this weekend, thought I'd have to use an Aberdeen TV stream. Delighted it's on, been a Hibs TV subscriber for years mate

darwenhibby
04-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Always do the same when game on alba
Switched everything off last week
At 5.55 last Saturday my oldest walks in and says great result 5-3 for Hibs today
Doesn’t always work

monktonharp
04-05-2018, 10:22 PM

I give it until 3.02 before I'm checking.If you leave for Leven at Eleeven minutes past Eleeven you should be back in time for Alba.:wink:

monktonharp
04-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I quite like the Gaelic commentary, Im the only person on the Fylde coast that knows the gaelic for offside, corner, referee, goal and hun.aye, but do you know that the word Glayva disnae mean a whisky liquer. rather a good/great/nice pass?:wink:

Mr_F
04-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Yes - apparently video is available for international 👍

£8.99 and a VPN, happy days

The Pointer
04-05-2018, 11:10 PM
I quite like the Gaelic commentary, Im the only person on the Fylde coast that knows the gaelic for offside, corner, referee, goal and hun.

Apologies to any Gaels, but isn't man of the match 'sear cluichidear na geama'?

The Pointer
04-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Apologies to any Gaels, but isn't man of the match 'sear cluichidear na geama'?

Gaelic pedant. 'a geama' not 'na'.

1875godsgift
05-05-2018, 12:21 AM
Didn't that match end up being cancelled I watched that vintage episode of "The Likely Lads" the other night after somebody linked to it on here.

:grr: PLOT SPOILER :grr: I was gonna watch that later...... :cb