PDA

View Full Version : David Stephens

Iggy Pope
03-05-2018, 06:13 PM
In action on BT1 now for Boreham Wood in the National League play off eliminator v AFC Fylde.

Seems a long, long time ago that pre season at East End.......

Broken Gnome
03-05-2018, 06:16 PM
In action on BT1 now for Boreham Wood in the National League play off eliminator v AFC Fylde.

Was his finest moment not being viewed as a better bet up front than Colin Nish in a 0-0 draw at home to St. Johnstone? Place was in raptures when he won a header, doing more in one minute than Nish had done the previous 80.

Still better than Boateng.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2018, 06:19 PM

A yogi singing if I remember correctly

Iggy Pope
03-05-2018, 06:25 PM
A yogi singing if I remember correctly

Certainly was. Still looks young and fit and up for every corner. Get through this they get a shot at Sutton Utd for Wembley (I think) and the Play off final for promotion to League 2.

TelaStella
03-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Wish him all the best. Met him once or twice in his time up here and you couldn’t find a nicer guy! Horrendous footballer though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
03-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Wish him all the best. Met him once or twice in his time up here and you couldn’t find a nicer guy! Horrendous footballer though

Never met him or thought he was much cop, but he's still making a living out of playing. Don't know about the horrendous bit. Wish I had been that bad.

TelaStella
03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Never met him or thought he was much cop, but he's still making a living out of playing. Don't know about the horrendous bit. Wish I had been that bad.

First game of the 12/13 season at Tannadice that’s all I’ll say.

MWHIBBIES
03-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Young laddie expected to replace Bamba. Don't really blame him

Iggy Pope
03-05-2018, 06:33 PM

Ta.

SChibs
03-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Certainly was. Still looks young and fit and up for every corner. Get through this they get a shot at Sutton Utd for Wembley (I think) and the Play off final for promotion to League 2.

I thought Colin caldwerwood signed him if I'm honest. May be wrong though

Iggy Pope
03-05-2018, 06:39 PM

You might be right but I'm thinking Yogi and a debut pre season at Dunfermline. 4-0. I'm not overly fussed though.

iwasthere1972
03-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Some names from the past just bring back bad memories. Bit like looking at the wedding photos.

IGRIGI
03-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Bheggers bhelief the amount of huddies we signed in that period between the League Cup final win and Stubbs coming in.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2018, 07:02 PM

Was Yogi, just checked. We gave him a 3 year deal

brog
03-05-2018, 07:45 PM

Yep, played every pre season game then started at Tannadice where he was atrocious. Never played again & was released soon after. May have been Yogi who signed him but it was Wee Pat who played him then freed him.

Northernhibee
03-05-2018, 07:45 PM

There was a point in that game where McPake threaded a difficult pass back to the keeper rather than make a much easier pass to David Stephens.

A truly dreadful defender for us.

FastEddieFelson
03-05-2018, 09:10 PM
he was brilliant in a 3-2 win at east end park - remember griffiths and oconnor scored, not sure who else. cracking game, that.