PDA

View Full Version : Ref for the Derby

Billy Whizz
02-05-2018, 01:42 PM
The one and only Craig Thomson

Think he’s been ok for us of late

Humo
02-05-2018, 01:43 PM
But now there's actually something on the line he'll probably revert to his old self

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
02-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Nightmare given I think he is retiring at the end of the season.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-05-2018, 01:57 PM
That cheating F shouldn't be anywhere near our games

R'Albin
02-05-2018, 02:00 PM
He's actually been fine since that final. Think he realised he couldn't keep getting away with shafting us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-05-2018, 02:32 PM
I hope to **** he is retiring useless, cheating ****.

JimBHibees
02-05-2018, 02:42 PM
I hope to **** he is retiring useless, cheating ****.

It is the going away present I am worried about.

Deansy
02-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Nightmare given I think he is retiring at the end of the season.

It's the GFA's 'Gold watch' - 'Here you are, Craig, in respect of your service to Scottish Football you get to **** Hibs one last time' !

Kato
02-05-2018, 03:53 PM
It's the GFA's 'Gold watch' - 'Here you are, Craig, in respect of your service to Scottish Football you get to **** Hibs one last time' !

He's one of the officials charged with assigning refs to fixtures. It's his going away present to himself.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2018, 04:07 PM
The paranoia about CT reffing our games is incredible! He has been fine the last few seasons we've had him.

Kato
02-05-2018, 04:08 PM
The paranoia about CT reffing our games is incredible! He has been fine the last few seasons we've had him.

...but before that it wasn't paranoia.

Hibs1969
02-05-2018, 04:10 PM
He was the ref in the 2-2 comeback game at the PBS in 2016 which led to the money-spinning replay which led to that day in May.

eastcoasthibby
02-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Its a flinkin awful decision to give him this fixture, paranoia or no paranoia, he has only been decent because he was under scrutiny and had a refereeing career to look after !! after this game he has nothing to lose ....so watch this space for a finale from him in the realms of the cup final ..... ..

Daydreamer
02-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Its a flinkin awful decision to give him this fixture, paranoia or no paranoia, he has only been decent because he was under scrutiny and had a refereeing career to look after !! after this game he has nothing to lose ....so watch this space for a finale from him in the realms of the cup final ..... ..

Exactly, he has been OK the last 6 years but I would not be surprised if he had a swansong to ****** us up.

WeeRussell
02-05-2018, 04:44 PM
If our current hibs team don’t beat that sorry shower next week, it won’t be Craig Thomson’s fault.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2018, 04:52 PM
If our current hibs team don’t beat that sorry shower next week, it won’t be Craig Thomson’s fault.

Nail on head mate.

IGRIGI
02-05-2018, 05:00 PM
If I was Lennon I'd drop a few comments into the pre match press conference.

That cheating **** Thomson needs telt to be in line.

The Green Goblin
02-05-2018, 05:17 PM
I’m more worried about getting Kevin Clancy for the huns game.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2018, 05:22 PM
I’m more worried about getting Kevin Clancy for the huns game.

John Beaton on Saturday

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2018, 05:31 PM
My assumption has always been that he's not a cheat, just hugely incompetent. (Paul) Hanlon's razor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor) in action.

hibby_bry
02-05-2018, 05:38 PM
He's actually been fine since that final. Think he realised he couldn't keep getting away with shafting us.

He’s actually not.

emerald green
02-05-2018, 05:57 PM
I don't care how "fine" Thomson has been refereeing Hibs matches since that awful cup final. I'll never forgive him for the way he completely failed to officiate fairly during that cup final.

SideBurns
02-05-2018, 06:26 PM

It might be - you could argue it was the ref's fault we didnae beat them at New Year. I'd agree with the opinions expressed that he has been ok for us since the 2012 final though - which just further convinces me that he cheated that day (though it was so blatant I don't need any persuasion).

where'stheslope
02-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Naw! Its just an excuse, if they do!!!!!

DTS
02-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Yes Thomson was absolutley murder in a game 6 years ago, all things considered since then I think he’s been one of the best consistent refs we’ve had in decency years. Collum, Beaton and Madden would have been 10x worse

Kato
02-05-2018, 07:26 PM

true

Kato
02-05-2018, 07:30 PM
My assumption has always been that he's not a cheat, just hugely incompetent. (Paul) Hanlon's razor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor) in action.

No need to assume anything - statistical analysis proved he cheated us over a number of years.

nonshinyfinish
02-05-2018, 07:41 PM
No need to assume anything - statistical analysis proved he cheated us over a number of years.

Link?

Purple & Green
02-05-2018, 07:42 PM

So much so the evening news picked up on a straight 8 game losing run when he reffed.

I think we’ve had him 3 times in the last two years. There’s precious little evidence that he’s suddenly become a competent referee.

Purple & Green
02-05-2018, 07:47 PM
He's one of the officials charged with assigning refs to fixtures. It's his going away present to himself.

Do they still give the refs choice of matches when they stand down? It doesn’t sit well that he has been assigned that the last home match at tynecastle.

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Do they still give the refs choice of matches when they stand down? It doesn’t sit well that he has been assigned that the last home match at tynecastle.

Don’t know if they still do but it always reminds me of Bobby Tait, one of the old school Hun refs, playing well over the injury time on his last game at Ibrox. During which, Kilmarnock got the winner. :greengrin

Kato
02-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Link?

Sorry bud, can't find it. It was on a blog page on this very site and showed the number of reds, yellows, pens and fouls awarded against us by him was way out of kilterstat"statistical with his peers. Very comprehensive and unarguable. Didn't surprise me but a few "they're incompetent, not corrupt" types on here had to eat their words. Maybe someone else can find the link.

JimBHibees
02-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Here it is

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Absolute can't of a man.

Kato
02-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Here it is

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

Thank you.

monktonharp
02-05-2018, 10:41 PM
The one and only Craig Thomson

Think he’s been ok for us of lateyou worry me

where'stheslope
03-05-2018, 06:02 PM
The problem with statistics is your only looking at one team!
If you did the same statistics for other teams you would probably find that there are more picked on teams than you think.
The only way to appease fans would be to let them pick the ref for each game, and it would be no surprise that the one they pick would be in line for a binning!!!
The truth is that Scottish referees are probably the worst we've had for years, and there is no way of ever getting back a Tiny Warton who would hardly be up with play but could always seem to get the right decision and no back chat from players!!!

Diclonius
03-05-2018, 06:04 PM
If he is retiring he can do whatever the **** he wants on Wednesday. Worrying.

Don't see why he'd pick the derby though - I don't think he's so much of a Hearts fan as a Hibs hater. Kinda like S****l.

Kato
03-05-2018, 06:40 PM
The problem with statistics is your only looking at one team!

I don't think you read it properly.

03-05-2018, 06:48 PM
He cheated in the final. We would have still lost but I don't think the score would have been as big had he not had his hand in it. How he got anywhere near that final was unbelievable.

Other than that, I don't really think he's a cheat just an utterly incompetent referee.

jeffers
03-05-2018, 06:54 PM
He cheated in the final. We would have still lost but I don't think the score would have been as big had he not had his hand in it. How he got anywhere near that final was unbelievable.

Other than that, I don't really think he's a cheat just an utterly incompetent referee.

The thing is, if he had sent off Black for his assault on Griffiths we may well have won that day. The same referee who deemed Fletcher's tackle on Berra was a straight red........