PDA

View Full Version : Premiership promotion/relegation

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 05:19 PM
So, who do we want to go up/down for next season? We already know St Mirren will be in the Premiership but the other spots remain inconclusive.

Personally, hope Hamilton get automatically relegated - been saying that for years now. Non-existent fans and a half-finished stadium. Of the three clubs in the playoffs, Dundee Utd were one of my home teams growing up and would like to see a return of the Dundee derby, which is always good entertainment. Otherwise, happy with Livingston or Dunfermline. Of the other teams battling relegation I would probably pick Partick over Ross County - always enjoy a trip to the Highlands and would keep the league geographically diverse (given we'll already have at least four clubs from the west next season).

guthrie01
01-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Hamilton/Partick down, Dunfermline up

RoscoHibby
01-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Ross co and Hamilton down, livi up for me.

ancient hibee
01-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Ross County down -nobody else up.St Mirren to go back down next season-ICT to come up.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Pray to god Livi dont go up. Another team with 2k home fans in a 10k stadium

SteveHFC
01-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Hamilton/Partick down, Dunfermline up

This.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Hamilton/Ross County down. Pars up

The_Sauz
01-05-2018, 05:56 PM
It's not Livingston's fault they were forced to build a 10k all seated stadium by the SPL just to accommodate the OF fans should they get to the premier league :agree:

Onceinawhile
01-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Dunfermline to come up please. Easily accessible and a cracking bridie.

The_Horde
01-05-2018, 06:01 PM
It's not Livingston's fault they were forced to build a 10k all seated stadium by the SPL just to accommodate the OF fans should they get to the premier league :agree:

This.

Also, they DID have decent crowds at one point.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 06:03 PM

Im still bitter 😉

Sir David Gray
01-05-2018, 06:08 PM
I don't see how it's going to be anyone other than Ross County or Partick Thistle who go down automatically.

Given that Ross County and Partick Thistle play each other on Friday, Hamilton and Dundee will both end this weekend at least 4 points clear of automatic relegation. They would have to be very unlucky to go down when they're 4 points clear with 2 games left.

My preference would be for Partick Thistle to go down automatically and for Ross County to stay up in a play off as I enjoy my trips up to the Highlands.

hfc rd
01-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Dunfermline up

Dundee & Ross County down

One Day
01-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Dunfermline to come up please. Easily accessible and a cracking bridie.

Would like them to come up. always a good away day

james62
01-05-2018, 06:33 PM
I appreciate many would like to see Ross County get relegated in place of a team that plays somewhere easier to get to, however I'm sure anyone that's been to an away game in Dingwall would agree it's a great day out and would like to see them stay up.

MWHIBBIES
01-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I appreciate many would like to see Ross County get relegated in place of a team that plays somewhere easier to get to, however I'm sure anyone that's been to an away game in Dingwall would agree it's a great day out and would like to see them stay up.

I've been, 8 hours I'm never getting back. Relegation please

sauzee=legend
01-05-2018, 06:47 PM
County Down and take Hamilton with them.
Dunfermline to come up, always a good day out over there and always seem to have a cracking away support too.
An as mentioned before..... the Bridie 👍🏻

Sir David Gray
01-05-2018, 06:57 PM

Yep it's a hell of a drive but it's a lovely part of the world I really enjoy going up there and hope they stay up.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 07:00 PM
Yep it's a hell of a drive but it's a lovely part of the world I really enjoy going up there and hope they stay up.

I hope they go down for a long time
Offer nothing as a club to the Premiership, and never will do

Sir David Gray
01-05-2018, 07:03 PM
I hope they go down for a long time
Offer nothing as a club to the Premiership, and never will do

I would argue that they offer no less than Hamilton, possibly even a little bit more.

iwasthere1972
01-05-2018, 07:05 PM

Great day out! Not when I went. Night match. Left work at lunchtime and got back to Edinburgh at 2am after watching us get beat 1-0 when the Butcher was in charge. The hotel we went to just outside Dingwall was alright. Laid on sandwiches so not all bad. Prefer a trip to Dunfermline.

My_Wife_Camille
01-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Hamilton and Ross County to go down and anybody but United up will do me

Jones28
01-05-2018, 07:20 PM
County and Accies to go down with either Dunfermline or United to come up.

Please not Livingston - tin pot team with a meccano stadium.

EastCalderHibby
01-05-2018, 07:52 PM
This.

Also, they DID have decent crowds at one point.

also like a home game for me 10 mins away c mon the lions

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Livingston's average attendance is 1.3k. We don't need that broadcast on Sky.

jgl07
01-05-2018, 08:37 PM

And what are the others? Please enlighten us.