PDA

View Full Version : SPFL Play Offs

Pages : [1] 2

PatHead
01-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Dunfermline play Dundee Utd at East End Park tonight. Probably too tight to call though Dundee Utd don't seem to win two games in a row just now.

Anyone know if it is on tv tonight?

Is It On....
01-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Dunfermline play Dundee Utd at East End Park tonight. Probably too tight to call though Dundee Utd don't seem to win two games in a row just now.

Hope The Pars win..

Radium
01-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Champions League so don’t think it will be on TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piqué
01-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Not on TV

http://www.live-footballontv.com

Mikey
01-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Champions League semi final is tonight so it probably can't be on TV.

Aaron
01-05-2018, 03:08 PM

No, I think it is the Play-Off Semi-Final and final on TV

Golden Bear
01-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Can't see it unfortunately, it would have been a good game to watch.

PatHead
01-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Thanks. Couldn't find it anywhere myself.

So who does everyone think will win?

SirDavidsNapper
Would love to see the Pars back up. Good traditional big club

The_Exile
If it's pay at the gate I might take a trip over the bridge for it.

HappyAsHellas
01-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Skunthorpe v Plymouth is on for some reason - is it only Scotland that can''t have games on the same night as champion league? Anyway hoping for a good Dunfermline victory.

Hibby70
01-05-2018, 03:15 PM
If it's pay at the gate I might take a trip over the bridge for it.

Wrap up warm - it's baltic!

HibbyAndy
01-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Mon Dunfermline !

Thecat23
01-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Sometimes worth checking Youtube as they show games.

james62
01-05-2018, 03:18 PM
The play-offs are always good to watch for supporters of teams that aren't in them :agree:

Carheenlea
01-05-2018, 03:19 PM
An attractive, meaningful game of Scottish interest is blacked out in favour of a game that has no relevance whatsoever to Scottish football and our domestic game.

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Livi or Dunfy coming up would be good, the top six in the championship should be in a top league with the big boys imo :)

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 03:22 PM
An attractive, meaningful game of Scottish interest is blacked out in favour of a game that has no relevance whatsoever to Scottish football and our domestic game.

This. Couldn't give a toss about the champions league would rather see this

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Livi or Dunfy coming up would be good, the top six in the championship should be in a top league with the big boys imo :)

Not for me. Livi basically another Hamilton

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 03:23 PM

I suspect the real reason is that no broadcaster is interested in showing it - pretty sure the Champions League rule was scrapped this season.

In any case it's a massive shame - the play-offs are always good entertainment if we're not in them. Hope Dundee Utd go up - one of my home teams growing up.

TelaStella
01-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Should be a good game that. You’d have to feel united would have the quality to get through it but they’ve hardly encouraging this season. Dunfermline aren’t a bad side either and at would would hopefully be a near sold out east end park you might just fancy them.

Michael
01-05-2018, 03:26 PM
'mon the Pars

_hucks_
01-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Skunthorpe v Plymouth is on for some reason - is it only Scotland that can''t have games on the same night as champion league? Anyway hoping for a good Dunfermline victory.

They'll be taking the associated fine on the chin and still coming out ahead. The numbers don't add up for the playoff game here, however.

Waxy
01-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Another game on tonight is the second leg pyramid play off at Spartans against Cove Rangers. Pity it’s a formality but i reckon Cove could beat Cowdenbeath in the final.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 04:00 PM

I’m sure you can manage to wing a ticket😄

Sir David Gray
01-05-2018, 04:04 PM
I think Dunfermline are stick ons for this tie.

Albanian Hibs
01-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Dunfermline to win (hopefully)

Aldo
01-05-2018, 04:20 PM
These next 2 games will define Allan Johnston's season and if it doesn't go well he may find himself out of a job!

lord bunberry
01-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I’d like to see whoever wins this one to go on and get promoted.
Preferably Dunfermline. Hopefully Partick manage to get out the playoff spot as well.

IGRIGI
01-05-2018, 04:27 PM
I hope UTD are down for another season at least.

Callum_62
01-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Not on telly - after this round all playoff games are being shown

HH81
01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Champions League semi final is tonight so it probably can't be on TV.

That rule doesn't apply any more you can show them.

Famous Fiver
01-05-2018, 04:35 PM
I have no real opinion on who wins. I am just glad we are not involved and hopefully won't be for a good few decades.

I don't want another Butcher/Hamilton scenario thank you very much.

G B Young
01-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Be good to see the Pars back up. Always a good, easy away trip and beats having to travel to Dundee four times a season. United also don't deserve to come up after their pretty pitiful season. Favourites for the title and they finished a distant fourth.

GreenPJ
01-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Be good to see the Pars back up. Always a good, easy away trip and beats having to travel to Dundee four times a season. United also don't deserve to come up after their pretty pitiful season. Favourites for the title and they finished a distant fourth.

Dunfermline can afford to remain in the Championship - am pretty sure last time they were up that they confirmed that it was costing them money as they had to change their financial structure to compete (and it didn't work). Utd need to be back up to survive.

Thecat23
01-05-2018, 04:46 PM
That rule doesn't apply any more you can show them.

I think it does, but the so called big teams just pay the fine.

PatHead
01-05-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m sure you can manage to wing a ticket😄

Sure I could but wouldn’t want to be around if they lose.

truehibernian
01-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Dunfermline have a horrendous record v Utd so can only see a Utd win over both legs. I can see United winning both games in fact. The most tricky opponents are Livi who are playing some great football under Hopkin.

As an aside watch for Ryan Williamson - wouldn’t surprise me to see him in a Hibs jersey next season and being first choice right back.

Jack
01-05-2018, 04:55 PM
I saw STV2 are advertising live coverage of the U17 match, sevco v the smellies in the Glasgow Cup or whatever it was last night.

Glad they've got their priorities right.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Sure I could but wouldn’t want to be around if they lose.

It’s only the 1st game. United already pre sold 1,500 tickets for this
Not sure how many tickets Pars have pre sold

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Game is on Pars Tv for overseas viewers
Only £5

overdrive
01-05-2018, 05:05 PM

Nope, got scrapped over a year ago.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1384509-spfl-tv-blackout-on-champions-league-nights-ended-by-epfl/

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Game is on Pars Tv for overseas viewers
Only £5

Dual screen Champions League and playoffs sounds tempting.

gringojoe
01-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Stanton, Fyvie and Keatings against Nicky, The Hun, ma da was a Hun and a Jambo, Clark. Think I'll go for United.

Keith_M
01-05-2018, 05:22 PM
From a totally selfish viewpoint, I hope the Pars come up, as I enjoy away days to Dunfermline.

If they did get promoted, I could see us taking 4-5,000 over there next season.

Roxyhibee
01-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Would be ok to have The Pars back up, but would prefer to have Utd.

Bllx to that pantomime of a club at Livi - took the LC from us in 2004 on a ridiculously colossal wage bill and already in secret administration. Sound familiar.?

lord bunberry
01-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Dual screen Champions League and playoffs sounds tempting.
I wouldn’t. From memory the quality is appalling. It might have improved, but I wouldn’t bet on it. You could hardly make out what was happening most of the time. If I thought it was going to be decent quality I’d rather pay it than watch the champions league.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 06:22 PM

Bllx to that pantomime of a club at Livi - took the LC from us in 2004 on a ridiculously colossal wage bill and already in secret administration. Sound familiar.?

Exactly. As big a buch of cheats as their Maroon pals

stantonhibby
01-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Exactly. As big a buch of cheats as their Maroon pals

Dunfermline have not exactly been squeaky clean when it comes to financial shenanigans.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2018, 06:32 PM

As opposed to Dunfermline who have also been in administration in the past few years?

PatHead
01-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Out of them all it Looks like Dundee Utd are the only ones that haven’t been in administration. They therefore deserve to be in the playoff final.

telford hibbee
01-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Another game on tonight is the second leg pyramid play off at Spartans against Cove Rangers. Pity it’s a formality but i reckon Cove could beat Cowdenbeath in the final.
I see they are using the Aberdeen team bus tonight, it’s parked up at Morrison’s.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Dunfermline have not exactly been squeaky clean when it comes to financial shenanigans.

Dunfermline didn't cheat their way to a cup win against us though

PatHead
01-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Dunfermline didn't cheat their way to a cup win against us though

Though they took the likes of Stevie Crawford from us by offering more wages than they could afford.

hibby rae
01-05-2018, 06:46 PM
I've never been to Tannadice, however I have been to East End Park on a number of occasions and I'm a big fan of their steak bridies so would be happy to sample them again!

sauzee=legend
01-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Always thought 2nd bottom v 2nd top in a one off match in a stadium split 50/50 (basically a cup final) would be a lot better.
Winner takes all!

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Seemingly United turned down the chance to sign Kamberi in January, before we took him on trial

davhibby
01-05-2018, 07:07 PM

It's not been in place since last April. This stage of the playoffs have only been on BT once, the year Rangers were in them

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Though they took the likes of Stevie Crawford from us by offering more wages than they could afford.

Corrwrong...

He was told not in plans and offered good deal from a team close to his heart.

Just for the record I loved him as a player.

Jones28
01-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Seemingly United turned down the chance to sign Kamberi in January, before we took him on trial

That's ok, they got Moshni 😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Corrwrong...

They took Brewster from us, offered more money than Hibs

PatHead
01-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Corrwrong...

The same club who then cut the players wages half way through the season as they couldn’t afford them.

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Ht 0-0

PatHead
01-05-2018, 07:34 PM
They took Brewster from us, offered more money than Hibs

Knew it was someone around then.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Pars down to 10 men, foul on Scott Mcdonald

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2018, 08:37 PM
FT 0-0, advantage dundee united on friday

SquashedFrogg
01-05-2018, 08:37 PM
The same club who then cut the players wages half way through the season as they couldn’t afford them.

Brewster story almost right. Crawford not.

Agree they spent more than they should've though. That's a matter of fact.

PatHead
01-05-2018, 08:52 PM
FT 0-0, advantage dundee united on friday

Not sure they have not missed an opportunity with Dunfermline being down to 10 men for a large portion of the match

cabbageandribs1875
01-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Not sure they have not missed an opportunity with Dunfermline being down to 10 men for a large portion of the match

home advantage should see united through(imo), think that's 14 games now without a win for dunfy against united, united will then unfortunately beat Livi but get beat by the top league team in the final

Danderhall Hibs
01-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Why are they playing the 2nd leg on a Friday night if it’s not on tv?

davhibby
01-05-2018, 10:38 PM
The first leg of the next round is on Monday so they have to

hibbysam
01-05-2018, 11:40 PM
The first leg of the next round is on Monday so they have to

Dundee at home Saturday also.

monktonharp
02-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Why are they playing the 2nd leg on a Friday night if it’s not on tv?

was that not exactly what happened to us, v Falkirk?

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2018, 06:06 AM
was that not exactly what happened to us, v Falkirk?

That was on TV though?

Must be due to Dundee being at home.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2018, 06:40 AM
That was on TV though?

Must be due to Dundee being at home.

1st leg of the next round is Monday so couldn’t really play Saturday/Monday.

One Day
02-05-2018, 07:45 AM
I've never been to Tannadice, however I have been to East End Park on a number of occasions and I'm a big fan of their steak bridies so would be happy to sample them again!

Love a steak bridie

heretoday
02-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Love a steak bridie

Eh've hed some greht pehs in Dundee though.

McSwanky
02-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Eh've hed some greht pehs in Dundee though.

An ingin in an a?

Thecat23
02-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Nope, got scrapped over a year ago.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1384509-spfl-tv-blackout-on-champions-league-nights-ended-by-epfl/

Never knew that, glad they binned it as it was ridiculous.

SirDavidsNapper
02-05-2018, 08:55 AM
6474 attendance at East End last night

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2018, 09:15 AM
1st leg of the next round is Monday so couldn’t really play Saturday/Monday.

Presumably it’s on the telly on Monday then?

hibee_girl
02-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Presumably it’s on the telly on Monday then?

:agree: BT Sports

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2018, 09:29 AM
:agree: BT Sports

:aok: the quarter final scheduling is starting to make some sense.

greenlex
02-05-2018, 09:30 AM

I’m fairly sure their wage bill would still have been less than ours and the blame for me lies purely with us thinking we just had to turn up.

Michael
02-05-2018, 09:40 AM
I’m fairly sure their wage bill would still have been less than ours and the blame for me lies purely with us thinking we just had to turn up.

We were definitely underdogs - Livingston were having a better season in the league.

We had our own financial troubles at the time which didn't help.

greenlex
02-05-2018, 09:52 AM
We were definitely underdogs - Livingston were having a better season in the league.

We had our own financial troubles at the time which didn't help.

Oh I know all that. I distinctly remember the warm up. Our players and coaching staff were carrying on laughing and joking and didn’t looked focused. Contrasting with the Livingston players who were really being put through there paces.
I also saw Davie Hay going round every player in his squad talking to them one on one obviously motivating them whilst Bobby Williamson stood with his arms folded at the side of the park. The mood in the stands was it was in the bag. As you can tell it still pisses me of to this day.

Smartie
02-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Oh I know all that. I distinctly remember the warm up. Our players and coaching staff were carrying on laughing and joking and didn’t looked focused. Contrasting with the Livingston players who were really being put through there paces.
I also saw Davie Hay going round every player in his squad talking to them one on one obviously motivating them whilst Bobby Williamson stood with his arms folded at the side of the park. The mood in the stands was it was in the bag. As you can tell it still pisses me of to this day.

Funny how things like that gnaw at you.

I'm still hacked off at how slack we were in the Aberdeen semi last year. Who knows how often we might get that close to winning the cup again? Take it seriously and do the job properly!

SirDavidsNapper
02-05-2018, 10:02 AM

:agree: Incredibly i remember that vividly too. They were very professional in their warm up whereas we were looked like we here having a kickabout at the park. I'm still gutted about that game all these years later.

G B Young
02-05-2018, 10:43 AM

I definitely didn't think it was in the bag. Livi were a better team than us that season, but I was swayed by the fact we had 40k + fans there into thinking we SHOULD be able to win. Had Scott Brown not knocked the ball too far in front of him when he had an early sight of goal things might have been different, but it turned out a bit like the Hamilton play-off game. Once Livi scored I kind of knew we were beat. Horrible day.

Eyrie
02-05-2018, 11:55 AM
I switched the TV off after they scored their second.

I think that's the only time I've ever not stayed or not watched a Hibs game until the final whistle.

PatHead
04-05-2018, 07:41 PM
1-0 Dunfermline against Dundee United

IGRIGI
04-05-2018, 07:47 PM
If Inverness continue their improvement I think UTD will beat our 3 year stint in the Championship.

PatHead
04-05-2018, 08:04 PM
1-1

Hibs1972
04-05-2018, 08:12 PM
1-1
2-1 Sam stanton

PatHead
04-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Dundee United has to substitute goalie. 2-1 Dundee United Sam Stanton

PatHead
04-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Dundee United won 2-1. Face Livy in next round

SirDavidsNapper
04-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Hope Dundee United come up now. Better for the Premiership. Swap with Hamilton

cleanyman
04-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Come on Livi

No way do I want the mini Hearts going up

Bawbags

PatHead
04-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Come on Livi

Bawbags

How are they the mini Hearts with Stanton and Fyvie in their squad? Who have they got other than Csaba and Billy King? Keatings played for both.

heretoday
04-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Hope Dundee United come up now. Better for the Premiership. Swap with Hamilton

Forza Unehted!!

Gmack7
04-05-2018, 09:15 PM
st mirren and utd for Ross county and Hamilton would be a good exchange

G B Young
04-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Annoying to hear United squeaked a win. Would far rather see the Pars up.

Pete
04-05-2018, 09:35 PM
I still think United have as much chance as Dunfermline have of going up: zilch.

It’s such a tall order if you finish third or fourth because if you do manage to negotiate a pair of crunching two legged ties, you’re a sitting duck for the premier league team.

Livi still have a chance though.

Sir David Gray
04-05-2018, 09:44 PM
I still think United have as much chance as Dunfermline have of going up: zilch.

It’s such a tall order if you finish third or fourth because if you do manage to negotiate a pair of crunching two legged ties, you’re a sitting duck for the premier league team.

Livi still have a chance though.

Under the present format, I'll stick my neck out and say that the 3rd or 4th placed team in the Championship will never be promoted.

Diclonius
04-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Come on Livi

Bawbags

The mini Hearts went bust in 2008. Mon United.

cleanyman
04-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Skacel. 5-1. Houston. Calliing Dundee the wee team. I lived there for 2 years. DU fans are amongst the most deluded I know.

I'm sure there's other links as well

BOOOOOOOOOO

bookert
04-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Well done Sam Stanton, hope you continue to do well.

Pete
04-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Under the present format, I'll stick my neck out and say that the 3rd or 4th placed team in the Championship will never be promoted.

I agree...because it’s by design.

The play off format for the divisions below are more ruthless and exciting but there’s no way the top clubs would have agreed to that

CropleyWasGod
04-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Skacel. 5-1. Houston. Calliing Dundee the wee team. I lived there for 2 years. DU fans are amongst the most deluded I know.

BOOOOOOOOOOBoth teams have reached European semis and finals.

Except for one.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
04-05-2018, 10:43 PM

BOOOOOOOOOO
I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can say that about most clubs. I wouldn't have minded Dunfermline coming up, but would prefer united. Hope lib don't get near it though, as much as I find it easy to get to. It's a soulless club

Danderhall Hibs
04-05-2018, 10:55 PM
A Dundee vs Dundee Utd play off final would be decent.

hibby rae
04-05-2018, 11:40 PM

Pretty sure Hamilton had finished 4th......

overdrive
05-05-2018, 06:17 AM

Finished second. It was really close between them and Dundee and they could have won it on the last day.

Onceinawhile
05-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Finished second. It was really close between them and Dundee and they could have won it on the last day.

We're the play offs not a straight shot between us and Hamilton that year? I don't think the other games came in u til the next season.

renato
05-05-2018, 06:26 AM
I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can say that about most clubs. I wouldn't have minded Dunfermline coming up, but would prefer united. Hope lib don't get near it though, as much as I find it easy to get to. It's a soulless club

The only good thing if Livi make it, though, is the short commute and the fact we’ll be able to take 5k to their stadium, should we so please.

Pretty Boy
05-05-2018, 06:26 AM
We're the play offs not a straight shot between us and Hamilton that year? I don't think the other games came in u til the next season.

Hamilton beat Falkirk 2-1 on aggregate in a semi final.

Falkirk beat QOTS before that over 2 legs.

Del Boy
05-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Mini Hearts?? Wtf??

Hope united get up but big ask.

hibbie02
05-05-2018, 06:31 AM
Not sure how Dundee Hibernian can become Mini-Hearts.... WTF

IGRIGI
05-05-2018, 06:34 AM
Skacel episode, Levein and Houston periods, hilarious "big team" patter over Dundee, they may as well jog out in Maroon.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2018, 07:08 AM

As mentioned by others, they finished 2nd the season they came up after beating us.

Even the 2nd place team has its work cut out. This is the 5th season since the play offs were introduced and we're still the only Premiership team to be relegated through them.

It's so heavily weighted in favour of the Premiership side it's unreal.

A Dundee vs Dundee Utd play off final would be decent.

I still can't see any way that the bottom spots will be filled by Ross County and Partick Thistle.

Del Boy
05-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Skacel episode, Levein and Houston periods, hilarious "big team" patter over Dundee, they may as well jog out in Maroon.

Nonsense. They signed a former Hearts fud who played about 5 games for them and they employed a management team who had previously worked for Hearts! All of this about 8 years ago.
If that’s the criteria you could make a case for just about any team in Scotland to be “mini hearts”.

Glory Lurker
05-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Both teams have reached European semis and finals.

Except for one.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Classic! :greengrin

Northernhibee
05-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Nonsense. They signed a former Hearts fud who played about 5 games for them and they employed a management team who had previously worked for Hearts! All of this about 8 years ago.
If that’s the criteria you could make a case for just about any team in Scotland to be “mini hearts”.

In recent years we've signed Keatings, Cummings, Eckersley and Rheass, employed Billy Brown and won the big cup.

Billy Whizz
05-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Brilliant goal from Stanton, the sort of goal I’d thought he score for Hibs when he was breaking through

BILLYHIBS
05-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Surprised I have no real interest in the play offs but for three long years took up my whole life.

Very poor TV coverage compared to recent seasons.

I don’t really care who goes up or down tbh.

We can only beat what is put in front of us.

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
05-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Come on Livi

Bawbags

I'd class Livi more mini Hearts than United. There were a lot of them in Livi end in League cup final

oneone73
05-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Surprised I have no real interest in the play offs but for three long years took up my whole life.

GGTTH
TV coverage is the same as before. Our quarter finals against Raith weren't televised.

Borderhibbie76
05-05-2018, 08:02 AM

GGTTH3rd v 4th was only shown live on tv theyear Sevco were involved and we finished 2nd....funny that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smartie
05-05-2018, 08:30 AM

GGTTH

I'd have loved to have watched that game last night.

I'm far more interested in Scottish playoffs, especially ties involving clubs like Dunfermline and United than I am interested in most other football.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2018, 08:38 AM
I still can't see any way that the bottom spots will be filled by Ross County and Partick Thistle.

I agree - if Partick had tried to win the game last night there was a bigger chance. Still possible but less likely.

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Hamilton beat Falkirk 2-1 on aggregate in a semi final.

Falkirk beat QOTS before that over 2 legs.

Hamilton just missed out on winning the league that season - they beat someone 10-1 (or 2) on the last day of the season but still missed out.

Sir David Gray
05-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Hamilton just missed out on winning the league that season - they beat someone 10-1 (or 2) on the last day of the season but still missed out.

They beat Morton 10-2.

They needed to win by 8 goals to claw back the goal difference on Dundee but they also needed Dundee to drop points v Dumbarton which they didn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27168757

Danderhall Hibs
05-05-2018, 12:59 PM
They beat Morton 10-2.

They needed to win by 8 goals to claw back the goal difference on Dundee but they also needed Dundee to drop points v Dumbarton which they didn't.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27168757

Mental. Any idea how the SFA investigation into that game went? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
05-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Alloa 3-0 up on agg v raith rovers

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Shame Raith never got through. Really didn’t like going to Alloa, can see it having a long term impact on Raith. Hope Dumbarton win that play off. Tonight Dundee United host Livy in their playoff. Live on tv

PatHead
07-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Live on bt sports1

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Live on bt sports1

🖒 cmon Dundee Hibs

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 06:15 PM
Live on bt sports1

Livvi without their top goal scorer, Ryan Hardie
Think United will get through this tie

PatHead
07-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Livvi without their top goal scorer, Ryan Hardie
Think United will get through this tie

Hope so.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Live on bt sports1
Looking forward to it. I fancy Livingston, but I really can’t see any of them winning the final against the premiership team. Other than St Mirren it’s been a poor quality championship this year.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Hope so.

I’m sure you are🤣

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 06:37 PM
wtf is that pile of utter head-banging crap blasting out of the speakers at tannadice fs, *i'l never moan about oor barry again :rolleyes:

anyway, mon the West Lothian team :agree: though neither team will beat the premiership team anyway imo

* not until next season anyway

Gatecrasher
07-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Livi manager almost forgot what their stadium is called this week.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Has anyone ever seen someone with more freckles than David Hopkin?

greenlex
07-05-2018, 06:39 PM
wtf is that pile of utter head-banging crap blasting out of the speakers at tannadice fs, *i'l never moan about oor barry again :rolleyes:

anyway, mon the West Lothian team :agree: though neither team will beat the premiership team anyway imo

* not until next season anyway
Just a wee bit Sham 69

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Just a wee bit Shan 69

slight alteration :)

PatHead
07-05-2018, 06:46 PM
I'd class Livi more mini Hearts than United. There were a lot of them in Livi end in League cup final

Livy have 3 ex Hearts players in their team.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 06:47 PM
1-0 Livy

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 06:47 PM
goal Livi :cb

FT soon shirly

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 06:48 PM
1-1

PatHead
1-1

hibee_girl
1-1

2 minutes into the game!

PatHead
2 minutes gone

cabbageandribs1875
1-1 jeezo :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 06:49 PM
crap game. no goals for at least 1 minute

what's the odds that's the scoring finished :greengrin

greenlex
07-05-2018, 06:51 PM
crap game. no goals for at least 1 minute

what's the odds that's the scoring finished :greengrin
Cert.

Newry Hibs
07-05-2018, 06:57 PM
So how come livi are doing so well? I thought they had all sorts of bother and a dodgy owner.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Dundee Utd are sheite, they are not coming up for quite a while.

IGRIGI
07-05-2018, 07:01 PM

They lapped the 5-1 nonsense up, fans included.

**** them, hope they rot down there.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Dundee Utd are sheite, they are not coming up for quite a while.

Hopefully

HH81
07-05-2018, 07:05 PM
How can the ref not see that pen. Poor decision.

cabbageandribs1875
****** penalty for the love of god jeezo

lord bunberry
Stonewall penalty there.

Craig_HFC
07-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Tell you what, I love watching these games now that we’re nowhere near them.

flash
07-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Almost every big game in Scottish football has a really bad refereeing decision.
It's simply not good enough.

PatHead
They lapped the 5-1 nonsense up, fans included.

**** them, hope they rot down there.

I know a lot of Arabs and not one of them lapped up 5-1. To a man they despised Skachel who they thought was a wage thief

Onceinawhile
Stonewall penalty there.

For who?

greenlex
07-05-2018, 07:09 PM
For who?
Livi

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Whatever about skacel, I can’t stand Livi, they stole Meadowbank Thistle!

PatHead
07-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Yes should have been a penalty and a red card for Robinson.

superfurryhibby
07-05-2018, 07:12 PM
A classic piece of confused observation from the nugget that is Biscuits. “You can’t win the cup tie tonight but you can certainly lose it”......How the **** do him and Charisma Rankin get paid for this kind of quality insight?

PatHead
07-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Stanton done nothing so far.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Is Sam Stanton playing, not heard his name mentioned once?

hibee_girl
2-1 Utd

PatHead
2-1 United

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 07:14 PM
2-1 Utd.

Since90+2
Would prefer to see Dundee United promoted. Good away trip and the Dundee Derby is always a good advert for Scottish football. Livingston are abit of a nothing club to be honest.

delbert
Stanton done nothing so far.

Apart from setting up the second goal !

PatHead
07-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Great minds think alike. 😀

cabbageandribs1875
Al Bundy in the united dugout

:)

PatHead
Apart from setting up the second goal !

Amazing how often that happens.

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2018, 07:16 PM

He is, does a pass for a deflected og count as an assist?

**** me, it’s Mohsni!

Gatecrasher
Livi's hoofball is brutal, they would get slaughtered in the prem.

blackpoolhibs
Great minds think alike. 😀

First time he's mentioned and he set up the scorer of the 2nd goal. :greengrin

proud_and_green
For me if it's a choice between Livi and Utd, on tonight's showing i'll take Utd every time. Livi a bunch of industrial, rotational fouling, hoofballers with a sheidty support. Just a pity that Hamilton appear to be dragging themselves out of the frame.

andybev1
07-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Looking at their previous games the home team have won every game.

blackpoolhibs
07-05-2018, 07:22 PM
These are two very poor teams, that would add nothing to the top league.

we are hibs
07-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Cracking game

JeMeSouviens
07-05-2018, 07:25 PM
These are two very poor teams, that would add nothing to the top league.

Think Thistle or Accies will win comfortably.

proud_and_green
07-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Doesn't look a particularly huge crowd, anyone any idea of the turnout? I would have thought, it being a big game for the future of both clubs and especially for Utd that there would have been a lot less empty seats.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Half time. Livy lucky to have 11 on the pitch. Two tackles Hearts would have been proud of.

Golden Bear
07-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Livingston are brutal, their game style is obviously modelled on the hertz.

hfc rd
07-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Both teams look very poor. Think the prem team that finishes 11th will comfortably beat either of these two

JimBHibees
07-05-2018, 07:36 PM
That sort of tackle on Stanton just before half time is the sort that should be taken out the game and should be a red card. Unfortunately Scottish refs think it is ok. One that SJM is regularly on the end of. No attempt to play the ball, high and a kick that could injure. No wonder we don't qualify for international tournaments.

proud_and_green
07-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Yep, I don't want them anywhere near the SPL and hopefully they can be joined by Hamilton. Clog dancing hammer throwers.

Glory Lurker
07-05-2018, 07:39 PM
The thought of hearts against livi.... The astros on the International Space Station would have the best seats in the house.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 07:41 PM
Yep, I don't want them anywhere near the SPL and hopefully they can be joined by Hamilton. Clog dancing hammer throwers.

I’d love a ring side seat for Livvi v Hamilton

GlesgaeHibby
07-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Livi are an absolute gang. Hope Utd do it, we don't need any more hoofball hacking merchants in the top league.

Callum_62
07-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Some absolute shocking tackles going in here

proud_and_green
07-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Ring side being the appropriate phrase!

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Be plenty to choose from

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:07 PM

Potter will be thinking he has found his successor

H18 SFR
07-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Moshni is an absolute rock for Utd. McGregor'esq performance.

greenlex
07-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Potter will be thinking he has found his successor
You jest!!!!

Onceinawhile
07-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Doesn't look a particularly huge crowd, anyone any idea of the turnout? I would have thought, it being a big game for the future of both clubs and especially for Utd that there would have been a lot less empty seats.

5,610. 452 livi fans.

Considering it was only confirmed as happening on Friday it's a decent crowd.

GlesgaeHibby
07-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Ralston is playing well, as is their no10 this half.

hibee_girl
07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
2-2

Mr White
07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Utd are terrible defensively. Should never have conceded there.

greenlex
07-05-2018, 08:19 PM
He did well there.:greengrin 2-2

Craig_HFC
07-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Clever finish there.

Been an entertaining game.

Babyshamble
07-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Got the game on the radio.any of them good enough to beat Patrick or Hamilton?

hibee_girl
07-05-2018, 08:21 PM
3-2 Livi

Callum_62
3-2 livi

SteveHFC
Utd :faf:

PatHead
WoW 3-2

Mr White
And again.

Mr White
Got the game on the radio.any of them good enough to beat Patrick or Hamilton?

Doubt it.

Northernhibee
07-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Dundee United are *****.

Onceinawhile

😂😂😂😂

greenlex
He did well there.:greengrin 2-2
And again.:greengrin 2-3

Thecat23
Get in 😂😂

PatHead
Moshni he is ****

Bishop Hibee
07-05-2018, 08:25 PM
WoW 3-2

Don’t rub it in with your nearest and dearest 😉

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2018, 08:25 PM
Dundee United 😂

IGRIGI
07-05-2018, 08:27 PM
****ing pleasing.

Mr White
07-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Willo Flood :faf:

hibee_girl
07-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Utd down to ten men, flood sent off

greenlex
07-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Willow Flood. What a potato head.

Northernhibee
Implosion.

IGRIGI
Flood sent off, ham shank material.

B.H.F.C
Priceless stuff from Willo!

cabbageandribs1875
silly flood

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:30 PM
What a fud Willo Flood is. United have lost it.

IGRIGI
Flood mouthing off to the camera and shoving it away like a cooncil Eminem 😂

IFONLY
Willo Flood.......what a fudbf

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Willo Flood :faf:
He’s an angry little man. Comical stuff as he was walking off :faf:

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 08:32 PM
this has been a great game

SaulGoodman
07-05-2018, 08:33 PM
I love the playoffs

Whenever we're no involved anyway

hibee_girl
07-05-2018, 08:33 PM
this has been a great game

:agree:

Much better than Friday nights game between Partick and Ross County

Northernhibee
07-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Wilko Flood.......what a fud

Bet he doesn't Feelgood right now.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Must admit Livy are everything that I hate about Scottish football. They remind me of Falkirk and Hearts

Mr White
07-05-2018, 08:36 PM
He’s an angry little man. Comical stuff as he was walking off :faf:

I can see the 30 seconds or so from just before his card to him reaching the tunnel becoming quite a popular youtube clip :greengrin

Craig_HFC
07-05-2018, 08:37 PM
I can see the 30 seconds or so from just before his card to him reaching the tunnel becoming quite a popular youtube clip :greengrin

Already is.

https://youtu.be/RkuWrmxN7hg

PatHead
Full time

blackpoolhibs
Sam Stanton been anonymous all game apart from helping the ball on for Utd to score their 2nd goal. Been player of the year for them apparently, but that performance was probably why he wont make it at a higher standard than this.

lord bunberry
I hope so. It seemed to go on forever, :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Advantage Livingston

Bishop Hibee
07-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Can’t stand Livi. Made up tinpot club. Scotland’s MK Dons.

erin go bragh
07-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Would rather have Utd in the premiership with cup legend Keatings , Sam Stanton . Than Livi or Hamilton . Yes their manager is a fud but still bring more to the table than they others. Thistle I dont mind for some reason .

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Sam Stanton been anonymous all game apart from helping the ball on for Utd to score their 2nd goal. Been player of the year for them apparently, but that performance was probably why he wont make it at a higher standard than this.
I thought he was ok. He seemed to be playing quite deep, and looked quite tidy. He was their player of the year, so we shouldn’t judge him on one appearance.