PDA

View Full Version : SPFL Play Offs

Pages : 1 [2]

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Thought Ralston was the best player on the park

Zazu62
Must admit Livy are everything that I hate about Scottish football. They remind me of Falkirk and Hearts

If it gets them into the SPFL can u blame them?

Callum_62
Hopkin has done some job there

Its not pretty but its effective and likely on one of the smallest budgets in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Attendance:5,610

Albanian Hibs
Already is.

https://youtu.be/RkuWrmxN7hg

Clicking on that link just crashed my phone

lord bunberry
Thought Ralston was the best player on the park
I thought Fraser looked useful as well.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:43 PM
I thought Fraser looked useful as well.

Is he the guy Hearts want?

Babyshamble
07-05-2018, 08:43 PM

They'll offer nothing to the premier league.**** club,**** football,**** support.

PatHead
07-05-2018, 08:44 PM

As I said representative of everything bad about Scottish football.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 08:44 PM
1st time I’ve seen any of these teams this season, Dundee Utd have got backwards at a massive rate of knots since last season, although I’m not convinced this tie is over yet

One Day
07-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Must admit Livy are everything that I hate about Scottish football. They remind me of Falkirk and Hearts

That's what went through my mind as I watched the game. Hope to hell they don't get up

hfc rd
07-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Both sides are garbage. I’ll be very shocked if the 11th placed prem team lose In the playoffs

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 08:48 PM
The thought of a club with an average attendance of 1.3k coming up makes me want to greet. Especially if Hamilton stay up.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 08:49 PM

They're already in it

davhibby
07-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Hopkin has done a brilliant job considering they'll probably have the 2nd lowest budget in the league. I think if they come through this they'd beat the premiership team just because they look to have a really strong team spirit. Thistle and County seem quite toothless

we are hibs
07-05-2018, 08:53 PM
If Livingston go up then it's because they deserve too. I don't understand this "they're a tinpot club with no fans and all they do is kick people" thing. It's a nonsense. If they go
up and Dundee United don't it's because they've been the better team and deserved it. For the budget that manager has had to finish 2nd is already a great achievement especially their first season back in the championship

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 08:54 PM
If Livingston go up then it's because they deserve too. I don't understand this "they're a tinpot club with no fans and all they do is kick people" thing. It's a nonsense. If they go
up and Dundee United don't it's because they've been the better team and deserved it. For the budget that manager has had to finish 2nd is already a great achievement especially their first season back in the championship

utterly disrespectful to Livingston fans, any club that takes fans away from the old firm should be applauded :agree:

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 08:54 PM
That **** just looks like a hearts *******. I hope Livi pump them now.

Northernhibee
07-05-2018, 08:56 PM
I can't really tell you who's going to win the play offs, so here's a video of Albert Kidd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Gatecrasher
07-05-2018, 08:56 PM

Agreed no need for the comments regarding their size but their style of football is eye bleeding.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 08:57 PM
I can't really tell you who's going to win the play offs, so here's a video of Albert Kidd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
Thanks for that. It’s really cleared my mind :greengrin

Thecat23
07-05-2018, 09:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/dd42c0b02f2dce207cefb1fcf6b51682.jpg

Willow Flood was raging when he passed the BT Camera man.

Austinho
07-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Would much prefer Dundee United to make it. The longer they stay down, the more trouble they’ll get themselves into. Bigger crowds, a return of the Dundee derby etc - Scottish football needs them far more than it needs Livingston.

bookert
07-05-2018, 09:38 PM

I don't have an issue with the club generally, but the way they went about their business was horrible to watch. First half they were guilty of some horrendous tackles. Granted utd defence were partly authors of their own demise, but crivvens would you want livi in the league with that football philosophy. We already have Hamilton and hearts.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Would much prefer Dundee United to make it. The longer they stay down, the more trouble they’ll get themselves into. Bigger crowds, a return of the Dundee derby etc - Scottish football needs them far more than it needs Livingston.
On a selfish note, Livingston is easier to get to.:greengrin

B.H.F.C
07-05-2018, 09:43 PM
I don't have an issue with the club generally, but the way they went about their business was horrible to watch. First half they were guilty of some horrendous tackles. Granted utd defence were partly authors of their own demise, but crivvens would you want livi in the league with that football philosophy. We already have Hamilton and hearts.

Think people can get a bit precious about playing styles these days. Despite a number of dodgy challenges they managed to score 3 goals away from home in a huge game so they must be doing something right.

It’s the refereeing that is a much bigger issue IMO. If the enforced the laws of the game properly it wouldn’t happen.

FitbaFolkKen
07-05-2018, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hnbj2JypE

:na na::na na::na na:

heretoday
07-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Flood is Jasper Carrot. I don't care what anyone says.

Northernhibee
07-05-2018, 09:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OAthVeXHlBnFK/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hnbj2JypE

:na na::na na::na na:

poolman
07-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Flood is Jasper Carrot. I don't care what anyone says.

Looks like Tintin

ancient hibee
07-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Couldn’t agree less.That’s an argument that has been done to death with Rangers.If you’re good enough you go up if you’re not you don’t .Couldn’t be fairer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Is he the guy Hearts want?

Didn’t the sign him on a pre contract in Jan?

One Day
08-05-2018, 07:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/dd42c0b02f2dce207cefb1fcf6b51682.jpg

Willow Flood was raging when he passed the BT Camera man.

Brilliant

Diclonius
08-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Imagine having Hamilton and Livingston in the top tier next season when we could have Dundee United and Partick.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Imagine having Hamilton and Livingston in the top tier next season when we could have Dundee United and Partick.

Hamilton v Livingston would probably see the smallest attended game in top flight history and no doubt be beamed across the world on a friday night. No thanks. A small country like Scotland needs its biggest clubs. Feel a bit bad saying that as if Livingston were to go up it would be on merit but give me a Dundee derby over that any day. Livingston had 200 fans at Tannadice last night..two hundred.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2018, 08:44 AM
Livingston are a made up team who replaced Meadowbank Thistle. They didn’t get there on merit. They spent way beyond their means to have a squad that beat us in the 2005 League Cup Final. As bad as oldco or Hertz in that respect. Tinpot club.

steve75
08-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Livingston are a made up team who replaced Meadowbank Thistle. They didn’t get there on merit. They spent way beyond their means to have a squad that beat us in the 2005 League Cup Final. As bad as oldco or Hertz in that respect. Tinpot club.

All teams are made up...

2005 was 13 years ago now, time to move on. In that time they've been down to league 1. If they come up it's completely on merit.

Personally would opt for Utd though. I'd turn the Dundee derby on, but probably never watch a Livi game.

Waxy
08-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Dundee utd didnt give a hoot when we went down.

Bishop Hibee
08-05-2018, 08:58 AM
All teams are made up...

2005 was 13 years ago now, time to move on. In that time they've been down to league 1. If they come up it's completely on merit.

Personally would opt for Utd though. I'd turn the Dundee derby on, but probably never watch a Livi game.

Livi were specifically created at the expense of another club to make money for the owner. They should never have been allowed entry to the league. A disgrace. It doesn’t matter to me how long ago it was. I hope Utd pump them.

CropleyWasGod
08-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Livi were specifically created at the expense of another club to make money for the owner. They should never have been allowed entry to the league. A disgrace. It doesn’t matter to me how long ago it was. I hope Utd pump them.

You mean like Celtc? :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 09:06 AM

:agree: Scotland's MK Dons

overdrive
08-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Moshni he is ****

When did Jar Jar Binks sign for United?

Onceinawhile
08-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Hamilton v Livingston would probably see the smallest attended game in top flight history and no doubt be beamed across the world on a friday night. No thanks. A small country like Scotland needs its biggest clubs. Feel a bit bad saying that as if Livingston were to go up it would be on merit but give me a Dundee derby over that any day. Livingston had 200 fans at Tannadice last night..two hundred.

According to Dundee Utd, it was 452. Which isn't bad for 3 days notice imo.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 09:17 AM

For their biggest game since 2004 it's horrendous

G B Young
08-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Hoping Livingston can finish the job in the second leg. It's a much handier away trip for us (I'd love to have seen Livi and the Pars both come up for that reason) and United don't deserve promotion based on their largely dire form for much of the season.

Bristolhibby
08-05-2018, 10:33 AM
When is the second leg?

J

EH54
08-05-2018, 10:36 AM
When is the second leg?

J

Friday

ancient hibee
08-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Nobody else is coming up anyway.Whoever is second bottom will comfortably see off the Champioship side.

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Anybody but Dundee United. Dundee’s Edinburgh City.

PatHead
08-05-2018, 11:12 AM

But it wasn’t 3 days notice. They knew they had a game for a couple of weeks, they just didn’t know if it was in Dundee or Dunfermline.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2018, 11:29 AM

decent numbers for a game live on the tellybox :agree: anyone having a moan at they numbers should maybe have a moan about the home support number first

jgl07
08-05-2018, 01:18 PM
It sounded a lot more than tat. They seemed to outshout the home support for much of the match.

At least Livingston have a proper four sided stadium unlike the two or three sided monstrosities at Hamilton, Falkirk and Inverness. And even Partick?

Onceinawhile
08-05-2018, 01:19 PM
It sounded a lot more than tat. They seemed to outshout the home support for much of the match.

At least Livingston have a proper four sided stadium unlike the two or three sided monstrosities at Hamilton, Falkirk and Inverness. And even Partick?

Aye, that'll be the DBM :faf:

Diclonius
12-05-2018, 10:15 PM
So, who do we want - Partick or Livingston?

Not a fan of Livingston given they are an artificial club playing brutal football, but on the other hand I'd much prefer a drive through to Livingston than public transport to Glasgow. Guess I'm a neutral for this one.