PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Window

Gordy M
01-05-2018, 01:59 PM
With the season ending in the next few weeks, and i assume that June 1st is when the transfer window opens.....any ideas as to who might be arriving/leaving in the summer? We have a few guys on loan and it will interesting to see if any stay? Hoping we can keep McLaren, Kamberi and Barker. Any word if Dylan is going to stay? SJM.....sold in the summer? Or signing a new deal?

Any rumours of players we are looking to sign?

There might be a bit of movement this summer.....or could be a very familiar team to the one we end the season with.

Callum_62
01-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Id be delighted with the team we finish the season with

Doubt that will happen though

bingo70
01-05-2018, 02:20 PM
When does the transfer window close this year?

In England it is just before the season starts, is it the same for us?

Hibee87
01-05-2018, 02:34 PM
I believe it opens in England, for premier league early i.e in about 2 weeks or so, and closed before the season starts.

The last I looked that was just the Premier League in England, no idea about the Scottish one.

IncredibleHibee
01-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Dylan is away imo. I’m not really wanting to think about next season right now tbh as it could be a major rebuild with potentially all our attackers and midfielders in the starting line up (bar the squirrel) leaving

JDHibs
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Im not thinking about the summer yet.

I imagine NL has identified targets, however, with the prize money being £500k more for finishing 2nd than 4th, I hope his and all the players full attention is on that.

That being said, we have an excellent squad at present that doesnt need much work, signing the loan players should be a priority along with McGeouch.

TelaStella
01-05-2018, 03:04 PM
(Serious) has anyone else heard about McGeady possibly coming in? Believable obviously given the Lennon connection but I’d imagine his wages would be frightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
01-05-2018, 03:24 PM
(Serious) has anyone else heard about McGeady possibly coming in? Believable obviously given the Lennon connection but I’d imagine his wages would be frightening.

Tbh i'd rather we loaned barker for another year.

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 03:26 PM

Would be a great signing, can easily accommodate Boyle as he plays on either side.

Michael
01-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Doesn't look anything like the player he was at Celtic - would be a bit disappointed if we went for him.

worcesterhibby
01-05-2018, 03:36 PM
If we can sign up Kamberi and Maclaren and get good money for McGinn, then we should be able to find some solutions to the exit of SJM and Dylan. Remember we have Slivka and Swanson who have hardly played this year, plus Whitts does an excellent job in midfield too. It would be good to see young Murray getting a chance at first team level too. If we brought in someone like Mallan to replace SJM, then our midfield choices would be

Bartley
Whittacker
Swanson
Slivka
Mallan
Murray
Allan (added after..how could I forget Scotty ! DOH!)

That looks more than decent to me

Pagan Hibernia
01-05-2018, 03:43 PM
If we can sign up Kamberi and Maclaren and get good money for McGinn, then we should be able to find some solutions to the exit of SJM and Dylan. Remember we have Slivka and Swanson who have hardly played this year, plus Whitts does an excellent job in midfield too. It would be good to see young Murray getting a chance at first team level too. If we brought in someone like Mallan to replace SJM, then our midfield choices would be

Bartley
Whittacker
Swanson
Slivka
Mallan
Murray

what about Scott Allan?

jeffers
01-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Bartley
Whittacker
Swanson
Slivka
Mallan
Murray

You missed out Scott Allan, I'd be very disappointed if he isn't with us next season. SJM will be a huge loss however.

cmcd
01-05-2018, 04:17 PM
You missed out Scott Allan, I'd be very disappointed if he isn't with us next season. SJM will be a huge loss however.

Am I the only person who thinks Mcginn will stay

Smartie
01-05-2018, 04:21 PM

I get the feeling we'll either keep all of them or none of them, and that includes McGinn and possibly even Lennon.

If someone like Dylan decides the time is right to make a move then all of the loan players and players out of contract may take the chance to move on, as well as McGinn.

But I wouldn't rule out Lennon making a plea to them to stay together as a team and have a big push for one more year - and I wouldn't rule out all of them doing so.

worcesterhibby
01-05-2018, 04:25 PM
what about Scott Allan?

Sorry having a brainfart !

SA has to stay too !

supermcginn
01-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Tbh i'd rather we loaned barker for another year.

Same here! Mcgeady is done

jeffers
01-05-2018, 04:33 PM

I just can't see from his perspective what the benefits would be in him signing a new deal. As much as I'd like to think we could challenge Celtic for the title I just don't see it happening. And we can't afford to let his contact run down and him leave for free.

YanYansen
01-05-2018, 04:33 PM
I get the feeling we'll either keep all of them or none of them, and that includes McGinn and possibly even Lennon.

If someone like Dylan decides the time is right to make a move then all of the loan players and players out of contract may take the chance to move on, as well as McGinn.

But I wouldn't rule out Lennon making a plea to them to stay together as a team and have a big push for one more year - and I wouldn't rule out all of them doing so.

I am literally hanging on to this hope.

As a "home games only" guy, and having missed out on a Tynie ticket, I feel bad that I might only have one more chance to watch this team.

That it might well be them skelping the Huns is some comfort, mind you!

euro Hibby
01-05-2018, 04:37 PM
this is one of those depressing threads where we are losing players before we have lost them. i guess it comes with being a hibby with teams
not allowed to mature because of todays game.

I am sure lennon and his team will cover this.......we did ok without dylan before.

ancient hibee
01-05-2018, 05:44 PM
I just can't see from his perspective what the benefits would be in him signing a new deal. As much as I'd like to think we could challenge Celtic for the title I just don't see it happening. And we can't afford to let his contact run down and him leave for free.

Maybe a large signing on fee and the knowledge he would be leaving at the next close season.

Peevemor
01-05-2018, 05:54 PM
I just can't see from his perspective what the benefits would be in him signing a new deal. As much as I'd like to think we could challenge Celtic for the title I just don't see it happening. And we can't afford to let his contact run down and him leave for free.In the GO'C interview he says that he got a percentage of his transfer fee when he went to Russia which amounted to £300k. If SJM signs say a new 3 year deal with a similar clause, he could potentially end up quids in as a move, next summer, with 2 years left on his contract, would generate a much higher fee than is likely this summer.

jeffers
01-05-2018, 06:17 PM
In the GO'C interview he says that he got a percentage of his transfer fee when he went to Russia which amounted to £300k. If SJM signs say a new 3 year deal with a similar clause, he could potentially end up quids in as a move, next summer, with 2 years left on his contract, would generate a much higher fee than is likely this summer.

True but his agent would probably be telling him if he leaves this summer the buying club will pay less meaning potentially a bigger signing on fee/salary. I guess it boils down to how much he loves it at Hibs against how soon he wants to test himself at a higher level.

J-C
01-05-2018, 06:49 PM
I believe it opens in England, for premier league early i.e in about 2 weeks or so, and closed before the season starts.

The last I looked that was just the Premier League in England, no idea about the Scottish one.

June 9th - 1st Sept in Scotland

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Dylan is away imo. I’m not really wanting to think about next season right now tbh as it could be a major rebuild with potentially all our attackers and midfielders in the starting line up (bar the squirrel) leaving

Not to the sheep I hope, why on earth would he want to go there?

CMurdoch
01-05-2018, 07:51 PM
IMO

Going:
McGinn - the real deal. He is ready to go onto a bigger stage and I think he will go. Hoping for a bidding war.
McGeough - think he is more likely to go than McGinn. Can understand him wanting to strike when he is fit just in case the injury returns.
Barker - think Man City and his agent will have plans for him.

Risk:
Ambrose - under contract but there may be a wee agreement in place to allow him to leave this summer if he gets a better offer.

Staying:
Kamberi - there will be a purchase agreement in his loan deal and if it is no more than £200k i expect he will be signed
McLaren - will hinge on his parent team being relegated. Odds looking good although they won their last game. A fox in the box who Lennon will be keen to sign.
Allan - Celtic don't want him. The penny appears to finally have dropped with him. He will return on loan or permanently if his agent can negotiate a pay off.

In:
Ali Crawford - a good player to get on a free.

Maybe no longer in Lennon's plans
SDG - probably should have left last summer
Simon Murray - did well in the league cup but struggled thereafter. A great goal against Hearts and a grafter but not quite good enough. Will be replaced by Kamberi

Bigger roles next season
Slivka and Swanson

Souter96Mac
01-05-2018, 08:29 PM
IMO

Going:
McGinn - the real deal. He is ready to go onto a bigger stage and I think he will go. Hoping for a bidding war.
McGeough - think he is more likely to go than McGinn. Can understand him wanting to strike when he is fit just in case the injury returns.

Risk:
Ambrose - under contract but there may be a wee agreement in place to allow him to leave this summer if he gets a better offer.

Staying:
Kamberi - there will be a purchase agreement in his loan deal and if it is no more than £200k i expect he will be signed
McLaren - will hinge on his parent team being relegated. Odds looking good although they won their last game. A fox in the box who Lennon will be keen to sign.
Allan - Celtic don't want him. The penny appears to finally have dropped with him. He will return on loan or permanently if his agent can negotiate a pay off.

In:

Simon Murray - did well in the league cup but struggled thereafter. A great goal against Hearts and a grafter but not quite good enough. Will be replaced by Kamberi

Bigger roles next season
Slivka and Swanson

Agree with most of that, other than I think barker will stay and that you could probably add Porteous to the 'bigger role next season'.

J-C
01-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Agree with most of that, other than I think barker will stay and that you could probably add Porteous to the 'bigger role next season'.

I can see McGregor taking a back seat next season as his legs start to go a wee bit, I think he's taking his badges so we may see him do some coaching next season with the youngsters.

Souter96Mac
01-05-2018, 08:38 PM
I can see McGregor taking a back seat next season as his legs start to go a wee bit, I think he's taking his badges so we may see him do some coaching next season with the youngsters.

That's what im thinking. Wouldn't mind seeing Ryan getting slowly put into the first XI

horseflesh
01-05-2018, 08:39 PM

I think he will run his contract down like he did at St Mirren. World will be his oyster

Tug Wilson
01-05-2018, 08:49 PM
IMO

Going:

Risk:

Staying:

In:

Bigger roles next season
Slivka and Swanson

Pretty much agree.

Even though McGinn and McGeough are almost impossible to replace on a like for like basis, I am confident that the Hibs recruitment machine will bring in decent replacements.

I get the impression that Lennon didn't fully trust our recruitment system hence we saw known faces like Stokes come in. Suspect that Kamberi was a product of our recruitment research. Took Lennon a bit of time to be convinced, hence the long trial, but he has to now see that the system works.

horseflesh
01-05-2018, 09:23 PM

I think he will run his contract down like he did at St Mirren. World will be his oyster

Allant1981
02-05-2018, 06:24 AM

really cant see it, im sure talks will have taken place between him/agent and the club, if he isnt going to sign a new deal the club will push for a sale, he is worth far to much to the club to let him go for nowt

J-C
02-05-2018, 07:33 AM

If you've ever met the lad you'll know he'd never do that, he'll either be away down south or he may actually fancy having a crack at Europa and another go at Celtic but he'll not shaft us or St Mirren, not in his nature.

Gordy M
02-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Pretty much agree.

Even though McGinn and McGeough are almost impossible to replace on a like for like basis, I am confident that the Hibs recruitment machine will bring in decent replacements.

I get the impression that Lennon didn't fully trust our recruitment system hence we saw known faces like Stokes come in. Suspect that Kamberi was a product of our recruitment research. Took Lennon a bit of time to be convinced, hence the long trial, but he has to now see that the system works.
I thought i read that Kamberi and McLaren were recommended to Lennon by an ex playing colleague who now coaches in Germany? May be totally wrong but im sure i saw it somewhere.

Big_Franck
02-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Doesn't look anything like the player he was at Celtic - would be a bit disappointed if we went for him.

Agreed, he's brutal. Wouldnt want that wee rat anywhere near Hibs anywyay.

Keeping McLaren and Kamberi is going to be key this summer.

500miles
02-05-2018, 11:47 AM
Same here! Mcgeady is done

He's got 7 goals and 5 assists from the wing for a team who got relegated. That indicates that he's probably still got something to offer at this level.

Smartie
02-05-2018, 12:18 PM
McGeady has been horribly inconsistent in an absolutely awful team.

At times he's looked good, at times he's looked lost.

He'd be a gamble, but Lennon might fancy his chances in getting the best out of him. And he might do much better with a better team around him.

SonOfDavidFrancey
02-05-2018, 03:14 PM
http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/173509232721/hibs-summer-scouting-report-2018

I don’t know who produces this and it’s got a very strange Eastern European bent but it’s kind of interestingly and freshly written (realistic too about SJM’s likely value)

YanYansen
02-05-2018, 03:42 PM
http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/173509232721/hibs-summer-scouting-report-2018

I don’t know who produces this and it’s got a very strange Eastern European bent but it’s kind of interestingly and freshly written (realistic too about SJM’s likely value)

All well and good, but statistics tell nothing of the story of SJM's (non-fiscal) value to Hibs: he is one of the hearts of the club, respected, dignified, and on the park is the sheer will that drives us when we're in the trenches. I'm sorry, but - at the risk of skirting the "British players" cliche - filling half the team with Eastern Europeans with great stats is not what I want to see. See: Slivka's patchy year.

If both John and Dylan go, we will need to replace the "personality" of the team as much as the simple legs on the park.

Agree on Ali Crawford, though - if we get Allan, I don't see the point either. Rather keep Danny around for another year as a more than able deputy.

Hadn't heard the wages thing about McLaren either.

Keyser Sauzee
02-05-2018, 04:03 PM

£3m isn’t a realistic value of SJM, we’ll get around £1m - £1.5m for him in the summer I think.

Michael
02-05-2018, 04:06 PM
£3m isn’t a realistic value of SJM, we’ll get around £1m - £1.5m for him in the summer I think.

If that's all we get then might as well see out his contract. Would be criminal.

southsider
02-05-2018, 04:08 PM
That's what im thinking. Wouldn't mind seeing Ryan getting slowly put into the first XI

Big future and a goal scorer !

Jim44
02-05-2018, 04:11 PM
If that's all we get then might as well see out his contract. Would be criminal.

Exactly. One season with him in the team is worth more than £1m. minus any payback to St Mirren.

Daydreamer
02-05-2018, 04:13 PM
I'm off the opinion that John Mcginn will go for over £3m but after his interview why not offer him a vastly increased contract to sign on for an extra year on top of the year he has left on his contract. I said to the rest of the guys after the game on Saturday which i thought he was immense give him £8k a week for the next two years if he was to sign an extra year