PDA

View Full Version : Finally they confirm it!

Iain G
01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Some wee lad named Lewis Moore has finally admitted that all they get taught at Hearts is that they don't lose to Hibs...good to see it in writing :brokenyam::yamlaugh:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/lewis-moore-hearts-will-be-different-team-against-celtic-and-hibs-1-4732466

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 10:58 AM
I hope we teach exactly the same thing. The number one rule at our club SHOULD be that we don't lose to Hearts.

Smartie
01-05-2018, 10:59 AM
They're not teaching it very well.

Iain G
01-05-2018, 10:59 AM
I hope we teach exactly the same thing. The number one rule at our club SHOULD be that we don't lose to Hearts.

Surely if it was the case it should be that we BEAT Hearts? :agree:

FilipinoHibs
01-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Some wee lad named Lewis Moore has finally admitted that all they get taught at Hearts is that they don't lose to Hibs...good to see it in writing :brokenyam::yamlaugh:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/lewis-moore-hearts-will-be-different-team-against-celtic-and-hibs-1-4732466

They have had a tough four years then at all levels.

davhibby
01-05-2018, 11:23 AM

No, we should be teaching players to win every game. Regardless of who it is

Hibs90
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM
It's quite pathetic that a football clubs ambition is to only beat their rivals, they literally don't care about anything else. Obsession. Not really been working has it? :shhhsh!:

IGRIGI
01-05-2018, 11:39 AM
It's quite pathetic that a football clubs ambition is to only beat their rivals, they literally don't care about anything else. Obsession. Not really been working has it? :shhhsh!:

You would almost say it's the hallmark of a small club.

MyJo
01-05-2018, 11:40 AM
We define them.

It's quite sad really.

Jack Hackett
01-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Going by Moore's comment, the indoctrination is concerned with not losing rather than actually beating us. Circumstances being what they are recently i.e. they couldnae score in a brothel, this now translates to parking a bus and kicking us off the park.

Onion
01-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Without Hibs, Hearts are nothing.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-05-2018, 12:08 PM
They really are a sad little team

Jim44
01-05-2018, 12:08 PM

That’s an unbelievable statement to be responsible for. Ok, register it firmly in your team’s morale DNA but don’t shout it from the rooftops. Long math it jump up to bite him. :jamboclow

Alan62
01-05-2018, 12:16 PM
The poor laddie doesn't come over as the sharpest tool in the box. Not the smartest idea to 'fess up to being not very good at defending when the chances are Dr Football will be playing you there next week.

Iain G
01-05-2018, 12:23 PM
That’s an unbelievable statement to be responsible for. Ok, register it firmly in your team’s morale DNA but don’t shout it from the rooftops. Long math it jump up to bite him. :jamboclow

Also Banderson states "They are a different animal at home and have been for more than a decade"

Trying to turn a bus shelter into a fortress now it seems...:greengrin

jgl07
01-05-2018, 12:53 PM
When will Hearts have the open top bus celebrations for winning the “We knocked Hibs out of the Cup” trophy?

Allant1981
01-05-2018, 12:56 PM
The poor laddie doesn't come over as the sharpest tool in the box. Not the smartest idea to 'fess up to being not very good at defending when the chances are Dr Football will be playing you there next week.

I've known him since he was a young laddie, he isnt daft

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 01:02 PM

If anything he's covering himself for each time Boyle goes past him by admitting upfront that he is 1not a defender but he's doing his best because he was asked to cover the.

Alan62
01-05-2018, 01:02 PM
I've known him since he was a young laddie, he isnt daft

OK. Perhaps that was a tad unfair. Naive. Undoubtedly. Got to feel a little sorry for the lad being played out of position in a poor team is no way to serve your apprenticeship.

jacomo
01-05-2018, 01:12 PM

Doesn’t even make the top five for me. Beating Hearts is a consequence of getting things right at Hibs, not the other way around.

And certainly at under 10s level, coaches should be prioritising skills and love of the game, not tribal rivalry.

GreenLake
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM
The only thing they have left is Hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Glad to see it's serving them well 😂

Deansy
01-05-2018, 01:21 PM

'All-is' really goes into over-drive with his latest piece of Jamboganda -

'They (Hearts) are a different animal at home and have been for more than a decade'

'............................justifiably look forward to visits from Celtic and Hibs in the next eight days'

'For some reason, we’re a different team at home. I don’t know why that is. Everyone has their chest out, ready to go'

'..................... at Tynecastle, Hearts remain formidable opponents'

'They have gone a year without defeat'

'................. a new main stand was constructed'

'............... it remains an impressive statistic'

'All-is' tries to disguise his morale-booster by talking about their dire away-form but he slips-up - no mention of the injuries that only Hearts have had while other clubs haven't, nothing of the dodgy/bent & biased referees who obviously hate Hearts - even the tragedy of being robbed of the services of the French 'David Beckham' - Malaury Martin - doesn't rate a line !. The sole purpose of his article is to remind the Muppets that, thanks to the mind-numbingly, boring, hoof-ball tactics of Potter, it's made the PBS a difficult place for opposing-teams (for both winning and entertainment !) - with only 8 days to go to the derby, it surely can't be long until an 'All-is' gets a daily column ??

Pete
01-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Tough talk trying to make out as if they are part of some dominant culture.

We do our talking on the pitch and they’ve been our bitches for years.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-05-2018, 01:45 PM
According to one fud on laughback they will be signing 9 players and we will be "irrelevant" next season.

Always good for a laugh if you are feeling down on there.

Jack Hackett
01-05-2018, 03:08 PM
According to one fud on laughback they will be signing 9 players and we will be "irrelevant" next season.

Hang on... Didn't they sign 9 in a lump last year?

How did that work out again?

Deansy
01-05-2018, 03:19 PM

'5-1' has been replaced by 'next season' as their new comfort-blanket - a few years down the line, and 'next season' will be replaced by 'One of those days ................' :flag:

HibbyAndy
01-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Aye 9 bang average players like the striker they have got that hasn't scored more than 8 goals in a single season !

matty_f
01-05-2018, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure we've beaten them at all age levels and senior team this season.

Bostonhibby
01-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Always good for a laugh if you are feeling down on there.Are there nine out of contract players who can't run actually available? They have pretty strict new standards now.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

G B Young
01-05-2018, 04:56 PM
And what's this myth about them being unbeaten at Tynecastle all season? Did they not lose to the Pars during their humiliating League Cup 'campaign'? Throw in the fact they've only actually won seven of their 16 home games (including two defeats at Murrayfield) and it's hardly an awesome record.

Jack Hackett
01-05-2018, 05:10 PM
And what's this myth about them being unbeaten at Tynecastle all season? Did they not lose to the Pars during their humiliating League Cup 'campaign'? Throw in the fact they've only actually won seven of their 16 home games (including two defeats at Murrayfield) and it's hardly an awesome record.

Draws count as wins down Gorgie way

Kato
01-05-2018, 05:12 PM

The Edinburgh Evening News will massage in facts or figures to show them in a better light. Every day si another puff-piece by Allis.

Jack Hackett
01-05-2018, 05:24 PM
The Edinburgh Evening News will massage in facts or figures to show them in a better light. Every day si another puff-piece by Allis.

So far up their butts, he can tell what they had for breakfast

Tug Wilson
01-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Had a look at that.

Hearts home record
W7 D7 L2 Pts 28

Hibs home record
W11 D3 L4 Pts 36

Know which one I would want.

eastterrace
01-05-2018, 09:16 PM
I met billy brown on holiday last year and he confirmed that when Jim Jeffries and him signed a player that was the first thing they said , we don’t lose to hibs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

01-05-2018, 09:27 PM
I met billy brown on holiday last year and he confirmed that when Jim Jeffries and him signed a player that was the first thing they said , we don’t lose to hibs.

Sad obsessive wierdos.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Sad obsessive wierdos.

It worked for years

Pagan Hibernia
01-05-2018, 09:32 PM

thats some fortress they’ve got there.

As a hibs fan I’m never confident of winning at Tynecastle but if I was one of them I’d be more worried.

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 09:35 PM
It worked for years

Exactly. Jefferies and Brown never lost to us during their second spell at Hearts, and this mentality would have played no small part in that.

I'd like to think that's what we're already doing now - that and the fact we have a better squad than them should hopefully ensure we remain dominant.

Pagan Hibernia
01-05-2018, 09:47 PM
It worked for years

in derbies yes.

For all their derby success in the past though (and it is in the past!) their record of actual success is poor. Same amount of league titles as us, only one more league cup than the ‘wee team’ and certainly less successful than Aberdeen. Ok they’ve wiped the floor with us in scottish cups but even at that 8 scottish cups in 144 years isn’t exactly great. Yet they go on as if they’re a major superpower. ‘The big team’, ‘The Famous’... is there a club in the world that thinks so much of itself with so little to back it up as that lot?

i made the point after the last derby that they were embarrassing themselves all over social media with their facts and statistics about derbies from years gone by and how not one other club responds to a derby defeat like that. They are a seriously odd bunch.

Sammy7nil
01-05-2018, 09:59 PM
in derbies yes.

For all their derby success in the past though (and it is in the past!) their record of actual success is poor. Same amount of league titles as us, only one more league cup than the ‘wee team’ and certainly less successful than Aberdeen. Ok they’ve wiped the floor with us in scottish cups but even at that 8 scottish cups in 144 years isn’t exactly great. Yet they go on as if they’re a major superpower. ‘The big team’, ‘The Famous’... is there a club in the world that thinks so much of itself with so little to back it up as that lot?

i made the point after the last derby that they were embarrassing themselves all over social media with their facts and statistics about derbies from years gone by and how not one other club responds to a derby defeat like that. They are a seriously odd bunch.

We need to get over this Hearts were dominant for years check our derby record it is sbocking. Yes there is a back story and yes they carrierd a good bit of luck but they had a very strong mental edge many different Hibs teams failed to match.

Pagan Hibernia
01-05-2018, 10:13 PM
We need to get over this Hearts were dominant for years check our derby record it is sbocking. Yes there is a back story and yes they carrierd a good bit of luck but they had a very strong mental edge many different Hibs teams failed to match.

We have got over it. We’re now the ones with the mental edge.

Greenfly
01-05-2018, 10:19 PM
I'm pretty sure we've beaten them at all age levels and senior team this season.

The women's team gubbed them too.

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2018, 04:19 AM
It’s easy to ‘teach’ Hearts beating Hibs when you are massively outspending them using other people’s money as they did for 35 years. It’s less hard to ‘teach’ the same lesson when you are up against a well run and well resourced club on a level playing field.

Their ‘natural order’ supremascist bull is fantasy of their own making. We should be laughing at their delusions - the ridiculousness of which are now being exposed.

JimBHibees
02-05-2018, 06:35 AM

Unfortunately Brown was saying the same thing when he was assistant manager at Hibs also. :greengrin

G B Young
02-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Exactly. Jefferies and Brown never lost to us during their second spell at Hearts, and this mentality would have played no small part in that.

I'd like to think that's what we're already doing now - that and the fact we have a better squad than them should hopefully ensure we remain dominant.

Were they not only there for about a year? Pretty sure they only lasted one full season.

SChibs
02-05-2018, 08:41 AM
I thought their away form was bad this year but I'm surprised to hear it was even worse last year!

FilipinoHibs
02-05-2018, 09:49 AM

The derby gap was opened up during the 30 years of financial doping. Take that out and it is even stevens. Down to quality of player.