Coults1875
01-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Gone apparently!

Northernhibee
01-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Statement? :hyper

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Meh. They're bottle merchants. The lot of them.

Their form changed when staunch Jimmy became assistant for a spell but they reverted to type soon after. Crunch end of the season and panicking.

We'll beat them. Whether that gets us 2nd or 3rd remains to be seen. Hopefully the former

As for Murty. He seems nice. Hence he'd never have been accepted there anyway. Been well and truly hung out to dry here for the failings way above his head

Peevemor
01-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Will they bring Uncle Wallie back for 3 matches?

we are hibs
01-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Heard Stuart McCall for last 3 games. Surely
not?

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Who on earth would they have for the last three games if this is true? I'm not surprised though, the club has made his position untenable

Onceinawhile
01-05-2018, 08:40 AM
Disappointing if true. That being said, it's difficult to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Interesting to see who comes in for the final three games. I'd imagine it won't be their next permanent manager.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Who on earth would they have for the last three games if this is true? I'm not surprised though, the club has made his position untenable

Gerrard?

TelaStella
01-05-2018, 08:42 AM
The guy who’s effectively been in charge for pretty much all season walks with 3 games left -no statement. Hibs sell more tickets for their home supporters- uproar. Harsh on Murty seemed a decent enough guy who I’m sure will still have a decent career as a coach/manager. God knows what this will do for his confidence though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Disappointing if true. That being said, it's difficult to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Interesting to see who comes in for the final three games. I'd imagine it won't be their next permanent manager.

Miller? If they've got rid of Murty or he's walked without them trying to keep him then Miller and Wallace are vindicated in their criticisms?

Gatecrasher
01-05-2018, 08:52 AM
I feel sorry for him, he's effectively been thrown under the bus by his employers and pushed into a job he didn't want to do in the first place. Hopefully he finds somewhere that treats him with a bit more respect.

That being said he Rangers train wreck continues.

ToffeeCabbage
01-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Jimmy Nichol for the last 3 games I reckon. Last ditch attempt to save 2nd but they've no chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 08:53 AM
The guy who’s effectively been in charge for pretty much all season walks with 3 games left -no statement. Hibs sell more tickets for their home supporters- uproar. Harsh on Murty seemed a decent enough guy who I’m sure will still have a decent career as a coach/manager. God knows what this will do for his confidence though.

He might feel he needs to prove a point and go one to much better things? Certainly had a decent rep prior to this and he's not exactly done terrible. He'll make a good SPFL manager for Dundee, Hamilton or similar. For some reason I could see him at Dundee UTD sooner rather than later.

Onceinawhile
01-05-2018, 08:55 AM
He might feel he needs to prove a point and go one to much better things? Certainly had a decent rep prior to this and he's not exactly done terrible. He'll make a good SPFL manager for Dundee, Hamilton or similar. For some reason I could see him at Dundee UTD sooner rather than later.

What about the Vatican?

worcesterhibby
01-05-2018, 08:56 AM
I hope he has walked and wasn't pushed. If he was pushed they will have lined up someone for the last three games..if he walked then they still need to get it sorted.

Hopefully It's Joey Barton ! lol

number9dream
01-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Sacked or broken and walking away before it was time to discard him?

Johansson & Nicholl or a very short-term s.o.s - whoever it is, here's hoping they keep Halliday at left-back until the last game of the season...

Onceinawhile
01-05-2018, 08:58 AM
I hope he has walked and wasn't pushed. If he was pushed they will have lined up someone for the last three games..if he walked then they still need to get it sorted.

He's still banned from football.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-05-2018, 08:59 AM

I hope he was pushed

He deserves compensation and a pay off for the way they’ve treated him

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Well done Murty. Get as far away from that cesspit as you can. Seems a good, honest chap who tried his best. Definitely not Rangers class.

Jim44
01-05-2018, 09:04 AM
It remains to be seen if his removal/resignation, and the appointment of a baby-sitter will have a positive effect on team morale and the last three games. I wonder also whether the fracas with Miller and Wallace will blow over.

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 09:13 AM
According to Phil Mac G B (I know, I know) the Murtster was told to keep out of the dressing room at half time on Sunday and Jimmy Nicholl took over.

Jim44
01-05-2018, 09:17 AM
According to Phil Mac G B (I know, I know) the Murtster was told to keep out of the dressing room at half time on Sunday and Jimmy Nicholl took over.

If that’s the case, you might think he would have walked before today. Still, I suppose he was putting the ball in their court and squeezing the remainder of his contract fee out of them.

Deansy
Does this make the Hun the first club in Scottish Football to be looking for a caretaker-manager to replace their caretaker-manager until they find a manager ??

ian cruise
What about the Vatican?

I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing here but I don't follow?

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 09:19 AM
I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing here but I don't follow?

Hun song "follow, follow" has the line "Dundee, Hamilton, ftp in the vatican". :rolleyes:

FilipinoHibs
01-05-2018, 09:24 AM
According to Scotsman.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 09:26 AM
According to Scotsman.

Shocking way to be treated imo. At least he'll get a pay off i'd have thought. What a ****my club they are.

Jones28
01-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Not sure if this is good or bad news - whatever it is it's definitely funny and another reason to laugh at Rangers :aok:

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Hun song "follow, follow" has the line "Dundee, Hamilton, ftp in the vatican". :rolleyes:

I genuinely didn't know that, I need to listen more (actually maybe not, their song book is bad enough). Living out this way it's all a bit like white noise to me now.

I knew I was having a whoosh moment, just wasn't sure what it was. Ta.

Smartie
01-05-2018, 09:32 AM
I can't believe the sense of excitement I get these days as I anticipate a "club statement".

Even the sacking of a caretaker manager will contain a certain comedy value.

sauzee1966
01-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Statement due soon according to Jim White .. Bad news if true

if he goes on Gardening leave it will become like a branch of Dobbies after McCoist, the bread man, Pedro and now Murty.....and Possibly Gerrard by February when they are sitting 5th!!

I would get the cash in his pocket before he walks out the door or he will get nowt.

hibbyfraelibby
01-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Beeb reporting he has left the managers role not that he has left the Thes. Probably reverted to his substantive role in the Development set up.

Ozyhibby
01-05-2018, 09:47 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/e7c40ac384de240d9fb006f1a8a534b1.jpg

The Pointer
01-05-2018, 10:02 AM

Who would tell him to keep out the dressing room? Surely that's the manager's domain completely and he and his assistants would have told whoever to beat it.

jacomo
01-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Beeb reporting he has left the managers role not that he has left the Thes. Probably reverted to his substantive role in the Development set up.

After the way they’ve humiliated him, how is that tenable?

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
After the way they’ve humiliated him, how is that tenable?

I agree

jonty
01-05-2018, 10:10 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/e7c40ac384de240d9fb006f1a8a534b1.jpg

:faf:

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Statement's out:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-88/

Nicholl & Johansson caretakers.

Hibs Class
01-05-2018, 10:12 AM
GRAEME MURTY has this morning been relieved of his duties as manager of Rangers.

Jimmy Nicholl and Jonatan Johansson will take charge of the team for the three remaining matches of the season.

Rangers are grateful to Graeme, who did not hesitate when asked last October to become interim manager after the departure of Pedro Caixinha and then, at the turn of the year, when he was offered the role as manager until the end of the season.

Graeme has had to contend with difficult and challenging circumstances but conducted himself in a thoroughly professional manner. He will take some time to consider his options, which include returning to his role at the Rangers Academy.

Jimmy Nicholl and Jonatan Johansson have already started preparing the team for the match against Kilmarnock on Saturday and they will be in place for the two remaining fixtures, against Aberdeen and Hibernian.

The club hopes to be in a position to comment further on the managerial situation in the near future.

Deansy
01-05-2018, 10:23 AM
GRAEME MURTY has this morning been relieved of his duties as manager of Rangers.

Jimmy Nicholl and Jonatan Johansson will take charge of the team for the three remaining matches of the season.

Rangers are grateful to Graeme, who did not hesitate when asked last October to become interim manager after the departure of Pedro Caixinha and then, at the turn of the year, when he was offered the role as manager until the end of the season.

Graeme has had to contend with difficult and challenging circumstances but conducted himself in a thoroughly professional manner. He will take some time to consider his options, which include returning to his role at the Rangers Academy.

Jimmy Nicholl and Jonatan Johansson have already started preparing the team for the match against Kilmarnock on Saturday and they will be in place for the two remaining fixtures, against Aberdeen and Hibernian.

The club hopes to be in a position to comment further on the managerial situation in the near future.

God I hope so - Hun-statements have fast become 'Still Game's closest rivals !!

Thecat23
01-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Jimmy Nicholl 😂😂😂😂 this just gets better and better!

FilipinoHibs
01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Statement's out:

Breaking open my finest Bordeaux to drink while reading this.

FilipinoHibs
01-05-2018, 10:33 AM

You would think players won't be arsed as many gone in the summer and season written off. They won't be answering to these two jokers come the summer. Think good for us. Makes Saturday's game even bigger as Huns likely to be easy meat for us and Dons.

bingo70
01-05-2018, 10:41 AM

If Steven Gerrard is taking on the job surely taking a role in the last 3 games is a great way for him to assess his squad with no real pressure or accountability.

Find that really strange appointing caretakers for the last 3 games when they’ve apparently got their next manager lined up ready to go.

Steven79
01-05-2018, 10:42 AM
If Steven Gerrard is taking on the job surely taking a role in the last 3 games is a great way for him to assess his squad with no real pressure or accountability.

Find that really strange appointing caretakers for the last 3 games when they’ve apparently got their next manager lined up ready to go.

I very much doubt he's stupid enough to take the job as he won't be given the funds to beat Celtic so will be on a hiding to nothing.

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Not sure if this is good or bad news for us. Murty's had a couple bad defeats, in particular against Celtic, but he has also pulled off some pretty comprehensive victories and I don't see anyone else performing any better with the squad they have.

Nicholl was rank for us as caretaker pre Butcher (and got Cowdenbeath relegated) so hopefully he stays true to form.

iwasthere1972
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Statement's out:

Another statement. Reckon with a few weeks to go they could overtake the Jambos and clinch the Champions League spot.

jonty
01-05-2018, 10:52 AM
looks like someone has hidden the crayons. shame.

WeeRussell
01-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Anyone else read "Murty's a Gooner" and really begin to wonder :greengrin

Shame.. but it'll take more than a sacking to turn them round before they play us.

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Anyone else read "Murty's a Gooner" and really begin to wonder :greengrin

Shame.. but it'll take more than a sacking to turn them round before they play us.

No new manager bounce either. Don't want to be complacent but I think Saturday at Pittodrie is the 2nd place decider.

The Green Goblin
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM

No "beggars belief". I'm disappointed.

Crazyhorse
01-05-2018, 12:17 PM
Statement's out:

Nicholl & Johansson undertakers... hopefully

Eyrie
01-05-2018, 12:40 PM
No "beggars belief". I'm disappointed.

I'm concomitant with your disappointment.

Smartie
01-05-2018, 12:49 PM

This particular fan shares your disappointment.

jgl07
01-05-2018, 12:51 PM

He is taking over at Fleetwood!

ancient hibee
01-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Clearly trying to make him quit his u20 job so they don’t have to pay him compo.If they’d sacked him from that he would have a wrongful dismissal case.

AgentDaleCooper
01-05-2018, 01:32 PM
So the man in charge of rangers' last management job was at cowdenbeath. Sound :aok:

Scorrie
01-05-2018, 01:40 PM
The Rangers have had more managers this season than goals they’ve scored in OF games...

bod
01-05-2018, 01:42 PM
i think miller & the grass will start the last 3 games for them

iwasthere1972
01-05-2018, 01:53 PM
He is taking over at Fleetwood!

Rumours.

sadtom
01-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Whoever gets the gig. They cant polish a turd.
But they can dress it in an orange Hummel top.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Whoever gets the gig. They cant polish a turd.
But they can dress it in an orange Hummel top.

:faf:

FilipinoHibs
01-05-2018, 02:08 PM

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 02:09 PM
So the man in charge of rangers' last management job was at cowdenbeath. Sound :aok:

He also lead Bayern Munich at half time but :wink:

overdrive
01-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Hopefully he has a similar record as Rangers caretaker manager as he did as Hibs caretaker manager!

Edit: and hopefully he is replaced with a permanent manager who is as big a balloon as the one who took over from him at ER!

Aritch
01-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Rumours.

No, it's all true.

Northernhibee
01-05-2018, 03:35 PM

It's a perfectly cromulent statement.

Northernhibee
01-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Rumours.

10/10

Ozyhibby
01-05-2018, 04:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/1b4d49895ef2f90d663761b94fda769a.jpg

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-05-2018, 04:52 PM
He's still banned from football.

Perfect credentials to replace Craig Levein then.

1van Sprou7e
01-05-2018, 04:56 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/1b4d49895ef2f90d663761b94fda769a.jpg

Paddy Power trying too hard

Not like them...