PDA

View Full Version : If we lose

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 06:53 AM
I'm hoping that on the last day at Easter Road the fans stay behind the team and give them the send off they deserve after a great season. There's a lot of talk about if we win, which is fantastic, but I'm just a little worried some might find themselves disappointed if we don't clinch 2nd or beat Rangers.

If we'd been offered this scenario to be in the hunt for second and 3 or 6 points off 2nd while still having a good cup run at the start of the season I'm sure almost everyone would have taken that! The Rangers fans will be desperate to spoil our party but regardless of what happens, this team deserves a send off to the season and a thank you for the highs they've given us.

I'm maybe being a bit premature as there is still everything to play for but we're down to very fine margins, let's stick begin the team for these last three games and show what Hibs class really is.

SirDavidsNapper
01-05-2018, 06:57 AM
I'm hoping that on the last day at Easter Road the fans stay behind the team and give them the send off they deserve after a great season. There's a lot of talk about if we win, which is fantastic, but I'm just a little worried some might find themselves disappointed if we don't clinch 2nd or beat Rangers.

If we'd been offered this scenario to be in the hunt for second and 3 or 6 points off 2nd while still having a good cup run at the start of the season I'm sure almost everyone would have taken that! The Rangers fans will be desperate to spoil our party but regardless of what happens, this team deserves a send off to the season and a thank you for the highs they've given us.

I'm maybe being a bit premature as there is still everything to play for but we're down to very fine margins, let's stick begin the team for these last three games and show what Hibs class really is.

I agree. The team deserve it. We wont be losing to Rangers though.

Jones28
01-05-2018, 07:00 AM
If we play the way played to against Celtic we will win. Agree with this, that team deserve a rousing send off.

Ronniekirk
01-05-2018, 07:02 AM
I have hardly missed a last game of the Season in over 50 odd years of going to watch Hibs
Always stayed to the end to clap the Team off the Pitch Even when we had ***** teams
So I will be there no matter what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutley
01-05-2018, 09:16 AM
First season back in the Premiership, I would have been happy with a top 6 finish.

The fact that we are still fighting for 2nd with a real possibility of getting it, AND the chanve of a Euro spot, I for ine will be staying behind after the last game of the season to give the team a well earned cheer.

GGTTH
:flag:

CMurdoch
01-05-2018, 01:07 PM
First season back in the Premiership, I would have been happy with a top 6 finish.

The fact that we are still fighting for 2nd with a real possibility of getting it, AND the chanve of a Euro spot, I for ine will be staying behind after the last game of the season to give the team a well earned cheer.

GGTTH

At the start of the season I thought we had the 4th best squad and that's were we placed at Christmas.
Bringing in Allan, Kamberi and McLaren for Stokes, Murray and Fontaine has improved the team greatly and since the January window closed we have been the second best team in the league. It was very ballsy of Lennon to bucket Stokes and inspired to bring in the players he did. The team at the moment are as good as we can hope for. hopefully we can make the post McGinn transformation and keep it going next season.

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 01:26 PM
At the start of the season I thought we had the 4th best squad and that's were we placed at Christmas.
Bringing in Allan, Kamberi and McLaren for Stokes, Murray and Fontaine has improved the team greatly and since the January window closed we have been the best team in the league. It was very ballsy of Lennon to bucket Stokes and inspired to bring in the players he did. The team at the moment are as good as we can hope for. hopefully we can make the post McGinn transformation and keep it going next season.

ftfy :wink:

MyJo
01-05-2018, 01:33 PM
As it stands, we have guaranteed European Football next season, barring a massive upset in the Scottish cup.

No matter what happens over the next three games we have had a phenomenal season. I would hope every single person in all 4 stands next Sunday will be in their seats until the final whistle regardless of the result on the day and on their feet in appreciation of Lennon and all the players once its all said and done.

It's the absolute least they deserve.

KerPlunk
01-05-2018, 01:56 PM

GGTTH

Don’t forget that 2nd place in League also has the added bonus of entering Europa League in 2nd QR, but ONLY if Celtic win the Cup.

Hermit Crab
01-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Leave at full time, beat the queues in the pub.

Incidentally if we do beat rangers on the last day and clinch 2nd place then I sure hope theres not a pitch invasion... :wink: :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Don’t forget that 2nd place in League also has the added bonus of entering Europa League in 2nd QR, but ONLY if Celtic win the Cup.

Its a shame because in years gone by it was a champions league qualifying spot.

Smartie
01-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Leave at full time, beat the queues in the pub.

Incidentally if we do beat rangers on the last day and clinch 2nd place then I sure hope theres not a pitch invasion... :wink: :greengrin

But if they beat us to secure second I could see them being on the exuberant side and tbh the third world war might just start there............

we are hibs
01-05-2018, 02:42 PM
I'll be there and I'll be staying until the end regardless if we've won or lost. This looks likely to be the last time we will see McGeouch and McGinn in a Hibs shirt, two legends who have played a massive part in our history and I want and hope the Hibs fans will show their gratitude and how much they mean to the fans.

blackpoolhibs
01-05-2018, 02:51 PM
People laughed at anyone who suggested we could finish 2nd, they are the ones being laughed at now. We might not finish there, but we sure as hell gave it a better shot than they gave Lennon credit for or his teams chances. 10/10 Hibs.

Daydreamer
01-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Main point for the last game of the season is to make sure we are playing for something even it is for third. We must take 4 points from the next two games just in case The rangers win there next two. I just hope Killie put in the same effort they did last Saturday.

JeMeSouviens
01-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Main point for the last game of the season is to make sure we are playing for something even it is for third. We must take 4 points from the next two games just in case The rangers win there next two. I just hope Killie put in the same effort they did last Saturday.

Hope Sevco do too! :greengrin

Deansy
01-05-2018, 04:10 PM

Even if we finish 4th there's no danger of Hibees NOT saying thank-you to this team for giving us one of our finest seasons in a long, long time ......................................... and besides, we WILL be celebrating gubbing the Hun !

hibsfan7
01-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Lose to the huns behave

5-0 to hibs

Nevi_SOL
01-05-2018, 07:34 PM
If the team play as the have been playing. I can see us overturning the goal difference between us. We’ve scored 7 goals against the 2 form teams. Regardless I reckon 99% of Hibs fans will be there at the end win, lose or draw

Malthibby
01-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Lose to the huns behave

5-0 to hibs

I'm bringing a spare scarf to throw on the pitch if we don't score 6.

lord bunberry
01-05-2018, 07:55 PM
I think everyone will agree that no matter what happens now it’s been an excellent season. I’ve said it all season, but I think this team is the second best team in the country and it would be a shame if they didn’t finish second. No matter what happens they will get the appreciation they deserve after the rangers game, I’ve no doubt about that. I think that appreciation will come in the form of a pitch invasion after we clinch second place :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
01-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Don’t think it matters what the score will be.

The fans will show their appreciation and the squad will do their lap of honour.

Nothing at all to worry about. I can’t really imagine anyone booing!

TRC
01-05-2018, 08:42 PM
3-2 HIbs David Gray to come of the bench after his long layoff and score a header!! But quite right the team should be applauded for the season they have had!