PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Should Hibs change the ticket process for high demand games?

Diclonius
30-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Let's fire this poll up once again after another fun-filled rush for derby tickets - hopefully someone can get the results of this poll over to LD for further consideration.

Does the ticketing system work as it is for games like these where not everyone is guaranteed a seat? Should we replace it with something else, or bring back the loyalty points system?

H18 SFR
30-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Let's fire this poll up once again after another fun-filled rush for derby tickets - hopefully someone can get the results of this poll over to LD for further consideration.

Does the ticketing system work as it is for games like these where not everyone is guaranteed a seat? Should we replace it with something else, or bring back the loyalty points system?

Happy to reply, I don't like it as I had to take a day off work again to get them. Thankfully I got them, I simply can't get online due to my job.

davcar
30-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Only way fairer than current system is LP based on attendance only

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Personally I dont think a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty it rewards ability to spend and is socially inequitable.

My own view is all away games should have a pre registration process where every who wants to register for a ticket is included before the tickets go on sale. Each registration is allocated a randomly generated number within a number range and then just like ERNIE tickets are allocated randomly by the computer on single ticket per registration basis.

My_Wife_Camille
30-04-2018, 05:15 PM
A points system should be in place but they should stay away from term like ‘loyalty’ because there’s just too many different interpretations of what ‘loyalty’ actually is.

Go back to the previous points system but award points only for attending matches and call them Attendance Points so there’s no daft discussions about whether or not someone who spends money in the club shop is deserves points for being a ‘loyal’ customer.

tamig
30-04-2018, 05:19 PM
I think the online system can be a bit frustrating but it works ok imo. Would prefer some kind of tiered loyalty system though like we used to have. With points only based on match attendance as mentioned above.

Fife-Hibee
30-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Yes. We should release a statement demanding more seats! :grr:

In all seriousness though, I think the current way is fine. Yes, it's chaotic. But it really is a case of first come, first serve. I think there are too many implications involved when it comes to favouring one set of fans over another based on how many games they attend in general, as it potentially discriminates against people with lower incomes who perhaps can't afford a ST or to attend away games.

Hermit Crab
30-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Yes it should be reviewed. A points system called ticket points should be introduced. Calling them loyalty points makes it seem a bit Uber fanish.

marinello59
30-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Keep it as it is now, every ST holder has an equal chance.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2018, 05:32 PM
I was lucky today, I've been unlucky in the past.

I think it needs changed. Either bring back a simplified points based system or make high demand games a ballot. An actual lottery has to be better than a lottery that depends on what server queue you get stuck in.

Ozyhibby
30-04-2018, 05:34 PM

I agree and I missed out today.
They could do with improving the system on the website though. When I go Tynecastle I don’t care where I sit. There must be a better way of queuing digitally as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
30-04-2018, 05:35 PM
I was lucky today, I've been unlucky in the past.

I think it needs changed. Either bring back a simplified points based system or make high demand games a ballot. An actual lottery has to be better than a lottery that depends on what server queue you get stuck in.

I could live with a lottery system as well. So long as all our new season ticket holders are all treated equally with those of us who have had one for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
30-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Lottery/ballot would be my preference.

Baldy Foghorn
30-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Personally I dont think a loyalty scheme rewards loyalty it rewards ability to spend and is socially inequitable.

My own view is all away games should have a pre registration process where every who wants to register for a ticket is included before the tickets go on sale. Each registration is allocated a randomly generated number within a number range and then just like ERNIE tickets are allocated randomly by the computer on single ticket per registration basis.

Whit????

wookie70
30-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Yes. We should release a statement demanding more seats! :grr:

I think there are too many implications involved when it comes to favouring one set of fans over another based on how many games they attend in general, as it potentially discriminates against people with lower incomes who perhaps can't afford a ST or to attend away games.

Those in the exutive seats have their own loyalty scheme" where ability to afford is the main criteria. The away ticket scheme is arguably an elite scheme as not that many fans will have the time to go to every away game or not care about losing the money if they cant go. The singing section have their own scheme or did last year based on ability to sing in .certain area of the ground. Those camping out had a scheme last year. Supporters buses seemingly had one. We have had Lots of loyalty schemes in the last year apart from the only one that makes sense. Going to away games and being rewarded with priority for high demand away games.

Since90+2
30-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Whilst Hibs are seeing record season ticket sales they are not going to implement something that could slow sales down.

We can argue on here till we are blue in the face whether that's right or wrong but it's not going to change regardless.

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Just what it says Baldy. Just because you can afford to go to every game home and away, Scotland or Europe and have "loadsamoney" doesnt make you any.more loyal than some less well off supporter who spends what he or she can out of a limited income but gets to go to gsmes less often because its better food on the table, lecky in the meter and rent paid.

Premium bond analogy is maybe way over your head perhaps.

Beefster
30-04-2018, 06:17 PM
Just what it says Baldy. Just because you can afford to go to every game home and away, Scotland or Europe and have "loadsamoney" doesnt make you any.more loyal than some less well off supporter who spends what he or she can out of a limited income but gets to go to gsmes less often because its better food on the table, lecky in the meter and rent paid.

I tried that argument at the Maserati showroom but it didn’t wash.

Billy Whizz
30-04-2018, 06:17 PM

He rode the fastest milk cart in the West

TO would love you for that idea!

Winston Ingram
30-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I wonder why I even bother trying for the Hearts games at Tynecastle now. Online today, sat in the queue from 11.50am and got nowt.

We must be one of the few clubs without a loyalty points system and have no idea why we got shot of it.

Hibby70
30-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Selling at 12pm is certainly an improvement on 9am weekday for most but I'd like to see tickets going on sale at the weekend instead.

That way I can access from home rather than work and get my iPad, phone, laptop and WOPR lined up ready to go.

Then at least if I fail I can have a game of global thermonuclear war to cheer me up.

Baldy Foghorn
30-04-2018, 06:22 PM

I make sacrifices to watch Hibs, why should I go in a random draw. Utter madness.

Your post is insulting

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2018, 06:26 PM
He rode the fastest milk cart in the West

TO would love you for that idea!

Simple data base program.

Hiber-nation
30-04-2018, 06:29 PM

I'm struggling to think of a response to this post as it's so far away from reality. Right up there with the daftest things I've read on here.

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2018, 06:42 PM
I make sacrifices to watch Hibs, why should I go in a random draw. Utter madness.

Your post is insulting

Hows this for another analogy.

Theres a single glass of whisky left in a bottle on the table. There are four guys wanting to drink it but one guys says "I'm an alcoholic and I drink more than anyone else round this table whether I can affordit or not so I deserve first dibs on that last glass in the bottle"

Just because you are obsessed, fanatical and addicted you really need to get your fix defore everybody else.

Baldy Foghorn
30-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Don't know why my post deleted.

Guy is clearly at it.

The alcohol "analogy" is crass

BroxburnHibee
30-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Don't know why my post deleted.

Guy is clearly at it.

The alcohol "analogy" is crass

Come on Baldy you've been around here long enough to know that's not on.

If you're not happy with a particular post then report it. I see nothing else above worth deleting personally but other admins might disagree.

Pretty Boy
30-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Every time we have the same arguments and no one ever changes their minds. It just goes round and round in circles.

The away ST looks after those who go to every away game and with no loyalty scheme in place and discussion about it well off the table it's about the best compromise we can have. Those who commit to that are looked after at Tynecastle, Ibrox and so on.

I'm not sure the management of the free for all sales can't be managed better though. I think some clarity on how many tickets actually make it to the sale would be a good start.

My_Wife_Camille
30-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Hows this for another analogy.

Theres a single glass of whisky left in a bottle on the table. There are four guys wanting to drink it but one guys says "I'm an alcoholic and I drink more than anyone else round this table whether I can affordit or not so I deserve first dibs on that last glass in the bottle"

Just because you are obsessed, fanatical and addicted you really need to get your fix defore everybody else.
It’s not really a good analogy though. You’d need to add the bit where one of the guys had still turned up to the pub every week for the previous few years when nobody else would, paying his money to keep them operating while drinking pint after pint of flat, pishy, uninspiring lager out of nothing more than a desire to support the pub during its toughest times. Meanwhile the other three had been nowhere to be seen for years and just wanted to show up when the good bevvy was back on the menu.

hibbyfraelibby
30-04-2018, 07:06 PM
It’s not really a good analogy though. You’d need to add the bit where one of the guys had still turned up to the pub every week for the previous few years when nobody else would, paying his money to keep them operating while drinking pint after pint of flat, pishy, uninspiring lager out of nothing more than a desire to support the pub during its toughest times. Meanwhile the other three had been nowhere to be seen for years and just wanted to show up when the good bevvy was back on the menu.

Touche MWC! To follow your train of thought though the guy never went to different pubs either whereas the others would see what the same brand of beer tasted like in a different brewery's house.

Eyrie
30-04-2018, 07:07 PM

Excellent response.

wookie70
30-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Isn't The Rangers system not too dissimilar to this. If you want Cup Tickets including finals you have to agree to go into the ballot for every game and then the money is taken off your account if you are drawn out of the hat. Not sure if away games for them are the same.

bod
30-04-2018, 07:49 PM

No,can’t keep chopping & changing because folk miss out

OxoHibby
30-04-2018, 07:55 PM
I think the online system can be a bit frustrating but it works ok imo. Would prefer some kind of tiered loyalty system though like we used to have. With points only based on match attendance as mentioned above.

Agree with the tiered loyalty system but not attendance only. Some can't make it every week but are hibbies and contribute in other ways like shareholding or hsl and get nothing in return

Brooster
30-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Its fine the way it is. All season ticket holders get the same chance.

tamig
30-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Agree with the tiered loyalty system but not attendance only. Some can't make it every week but are hibbies and contribute in other ways like shareholding or hsl and get nothing in return

Awarding points for signing up to HSL was the death knell for the previous scheme.

wookie70
30-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Touche MWC! To follow your train of thought though the guy never went to different pubs either whereas the others would see what the same brand of beer tasted like in a different brewery's house.

They just stopped drinking and not investing in their local until they got a product they wanted. They would probably have went nuts if the local shut but weren't going to put themselves out to buy a few pints when the pub needed them. Pubs are actually a reasonable analogy because the local pub has went downhill or worse been swallowed up by the pub giants like Wotherspoons because the local pubs weren't supported by anyone outside the hardcore regulars.

I hope it doesn't happen but if we fall from grace next year or thereafter the fans who have had season tickets for years and who have seen us through thick and thin will mostly still be there regardless of league position and style of play. The fans who only go to games when it is likely they will see Hibs winning will drift off pretty quickly. Great to have them here while the goings good and hopefully some will stay for when the weather isn't fair but most will go back to what they did before. Look at our neighbours next year if you want proof.

The core away support at Hibs isn't that big and certainly not as big as the away end at Tiny holds. Everyone going to 6-10 away games would probably be guaranteed a ticket if they were at any of the clubs similarly sized to ours. I think the club knows those fans won't abandon ship so they see no advantage in rewarding that loyalty and rather reward those who are joining/new/need incentives to stay. No different to a credit card company or broadband supplier in many ways. I'll not swap my teams and I doubt I'll stop going if health and money permits but that kind of favoritism to those not onboard yet makes me move phone, fuel and broadband suppliers almost every year. The suppliers are always asked to match what a newcomer would get and if they say no I'm off. Much more difficult to do that with Hibs who feel like family to me.

EH54
30-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Isn't The Rangers system not too dissimilar to this. If you want Cup Tickets including finals you have to agree to go into the ballot for every game and then the money is taken off your account if you are drawn out of the hat. Not sure if away games for them are the same.

I know for Rangers most ST holders would get 7-8 away games a year with there ST if they are in the scheme problem with us doing this is most would then get a ticket every week and it becomes what's already in place an away ST due to allocation and amount of people who would sign up imo

Carheenlea
30-04-2018, 09:58 PM
A simple loyalty points system that identifies the most regular travelling Hibs supporters and those most regular attendees are given the first opportunity for the most in demand games.
Been argued to death, it’s not returning any time soon, but the fact remains that nobody has come up with a better plan. Not one.

Kojock
30-04-2018, 10:19 PM

Your post is insulting

The fans who want a loyalty scheme are guys like you and I who go to nearly every away game and must number around 500 - 750 however we are up against the other 12500 or so fans who don't want to or are unable to go to away games but want a chance to attend the "big" away games who don't won't a loyalty scheme as it reduces their chances of a ticket. Your farting against thunder mate.

davhibby
30-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Every time we have the same arguments and no one ever changes their minds. It just goes round and round in circles.

The away ST looks after those who go to every away game and with no loyalty scheme in place and discussion about it well off the table it's about the best compromise we can have. Those who commit to that are looked after at Tynecastle, Ibrox and so on.

I'm not sure the management of the free for all sales can't be managed better though. I think some clarity on how many tickets actually make it to the sale would be a good start.
The Away ST basically forces those who try to go to all the games into agreeing to give other clubs money whether they can go or not because there's a good chance of missing out on the big games now. It's a total farce. Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts all have points based away ticketing systems that work well yet we have a free for all every time there's a game with a big demand.

Kojock
30-04-2018, 10:30 PM

And that's exactly what a season ticket does. If you can't afford the upfront season ticket cost but can get the money to attend every home game as it comes around then you have no chance of getting an away ticket before a season ticket holder.

Hermit Crab
30-04-2018, 11:12 PM

They shouldn't get the same chance as those who go to all or most games. Didn't see us sell out Dundee, Motherwell, Hamilton or Ross County etc. Just the "big" away matches.

Brooster
30-04-2018, 11:16 PM
They shouldn't get the same chance as those who go to all or most games. Didn't see us sell out Dundee, Motherwell, Hamilton or Ross County etc. Just the "big" away matches.

In your opinion.

Hermit Crab
30-04-2018, 11:18 PM
In your opinion.

Yes, of course.

HH81
01-05-2018, 12:04 AM
The Away ST basically forces those who try to go to all the games into agreeing to give other clubs money whether they can go or not because there's a good chance of missing out on the big games now. It's a total farce. Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts all have points based away ticketing systems that work well yet we have a free for all every time there's a game with a big demand.

Hibs have made it clear on several occasions so I never understand why people still go on about this.

Their aim is to get as many season tickets sold as possible if sales were to drop due to different tier levels for away games then people may not renew. Their stance is get as much home ones sold as possible to help pay the bills.

Away tickets do not make Hibs money.

HibeeHibernian4
01-05-2018, 12:11 AM
Hibs have made it clear on several occasions so I never understand why people still go on about this.

Their aim is to get as many season tickets sold as possible if sales were to drop due to different tier levels for away games then people may not renew. Their stance is get as much home ones sold as possible to help pay the bills.

Away tickets do not make Hibs money.

If people would actually pack in buying a season ticket over not having quite as much of a chance for tickets at big away games, I'd question whether they should've bothered having a season ticket in the first place with that level of fickleness.

There are maybe 1,000 Hibs fans who go every week and should be getting priority for in demand away games, that would leave just under 3,000 tickets left for other ST holders to go for. That is not asking for a lot, it is basic fairness. Fans of clubs such as Aberdeen and Hearts are in genuine disbelief that we don't have one. But I suppose that's the remnants of the Roseburn being half full for some of our recent derbies. Where were the queues of fans then eh?

Hermit Crab
01-05-2018, 12:20 AM
If people would actually pack in buying a season ticket over not having quite as much of a chance for tickets at big away games, I'd question whether they should've bothered having a season ticket in the first place with that level of fickleness.

There are maybe 1,000 Hibs fans who go every week and should be getting priority for in demand away games, that would leave just under 3,000 tickets left for other ST holders to go for. That is not asking for a lot, it is basic fairness. Fans of clubs such as Aberdeen and Hearts are in genuine disbelief that we don't have one. But I suppose that's the remnants of the Roseburn being half full for some of our recent derbies. Where were the queues of fans then eh?

Brought this up before mate, I've been at Ibrox when there was 300 of us in that corner. No idea where everyone was like.

Barney McGrew
01-05-2018, 05:20 AM
Hibs destroyed the loyalty points system when - with the best intentions - they decided to give out a load if you signed up for HSL, which I think devalued it massively. On top of that, Leeann had her head swayed by a couple of people who threatened to cancel their season tickets because they perceived the system as flawed.....the one mistake I think she’s made since she started with us.

I can’t see how anyone can really argue against a points system. It could look after those who regularly follow the club home and away, which is probably around 800-1000 (tel:800-1000) supporters, with plenty tickets left for those who want to go odd games here and there for most games. In reality, it’s only for six games a season max that it would come into play.

The away ST was a great introduction for those who could commit to going every week, but I know quite a few guys who are not in the scheme but attend probably 80% of away games every season who missed out on Tynecastle and also people who have only been to two away games all season (Tynie x 2) who got one. That hardly seems fair.

Brooster
01-05-2018, 06:36 AM
Brought this up before mate, I've been at Ibrox when there was 300 of us in that corner. No idea where everyone was like.

I was there too but I realise that things change and Hibs must give every season ticket holder an equal chance of getting a ticket for every away game. It's discrimination otherwise.

Jones28
01-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Loyalty points (or matchday points or I'm better than you points) are surely the best way to do this.

The club have gone as far as they can to ensure people are able to buy season tickets with monthly DD's etc - what else is there?

This whole pub analogy shows that there is no other viable alternative.

Jimmy goes to games week in, week out, spends lots of time and money following the team and misses out on a ticket for Hearts away because of a randomly assigned number in a lottery? Nah. Doesn't cut it for me.

Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club, it stands to reason that people that buy them should be given first dibs over people who pick and choose.

ian cruise
01-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Loyalty points (or matchday points or I'm better than you points) are surely the best way to do this.

The club have gone as far as they can to ensure people are able to buy season tickets with monthly DD's etc - what else is there?

This whole pub analogy shows that there is no other viable alternative.

Jimmy goes to games week in, week out, spends lots of time and money following the team and misses out on a ticket for Hearts away because of a randomly assigned number in a lottery? Nah. Doesn't cut it for me.

Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club, it stands to reason that people that buy them should be given first dibs over people who pick and choose.

I think the lottery idea was for season ticket holders only, not any fan who wants to participate so its still meeting the above criteria.

It's unfortunate but inevitable that we're going to have season ticket holders miss out on the big away games due to the allocation vs our current season ticket numbers. There's no answer that please all as loyalty points may mean those who go to more away games win but those who can't/don't aren't giving any less money to the club, and away days like this might be enough to keep them coming back if/when our form does dip.

While I appreciate it's frustrating I just happy we've a team so many are desperate to see and hope this continues to be the case for many seasons to come.

Speedy
01-05-2018, 07:28 AM

There's about as much chance of that happening as Hibs buying all the tickets then selling them off in a silent auction to the highest bidder.

Unfortunately life isn't socially equal, the best Hibs can do is reward fans based on the support they provide to the club.

Mantis Toboggan
01-05-2018, 07:45 AM
There can't be many teams of our size that don't have a points scheme of some description? Seems only fair to reward the diehards.

Steven79
01-05-2018, 07:53 AM
At the very least they need to change the way we buy tickets for Tynecastle to simply "Lower" or "Upper" (Hearts take the piss with that but that's for another thread) as when you are trying to get tickets you need to try every section and could end up with rubbish tickets purely because you don't want to risk trying again and getting booted out.

It's not much to ask and would simplify the process rather than having to try every bloody section till you find one free.

Alan62
01-05-2018, 08:23 AM
The loyalty argument is a strong one. It is also divisive. I'm lucky. When the split came round I thought, 'I'm going to go to all five games'. Three of those were already paid for on my season ticket, Aberdeen was guaranteed and I got lucky yesterday with a Hearts ticket. But, I also had the cash £56 in tickets alone + beers, travel, food, etc. to take in the additional games. Not every season ticket holder can afford to do this. Does that then mean that Hibs supporters who can't afford to go to every game should never get a chance to go to Tynecastle? Should the guy who goes home and away always be in the queue ahead of everyone else?

There are so many different ways of looking at this. The current system adds an element of randomness which I actually quite like. I also don't mind the notion of a ballot. Frankly it would be a lot easier than you think to organise and I couldn't see any problems for the ticket office. In fact, quite the opposite. No queue of folks in their sleeping bags outside, no constantly ringing telephones, just a simple case of batching up the tickets ready for collection and the money already in the bank. It could also allow for options like family and mates groupings to stay together rather than just randomly allocate single tickets all over the place.

I terms of effort it would also be really easy. The week before the draw, you'd log in to your account, specify your preferences (ie random single ticket, stay in a group etc), enter your bank details and wait until the draw took place. No scrabbling around on ticket day. At 12.01, you'd get an email saying either you got your ticket or you didn't. Then you'd pick up your ticket or have it posted. What could be easier than that?

InchHibby
01-05-2018, 08:43 AM

I agree, only change I would make would be not to be able to choose your seats, it’s too time consuming, take the seats your given.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Hibs destroyed the loyalty points system when - with the best intentions - they decided to give out a load if you signed up for HSL, which I think devalued it massively. On top of that, Leeann had her head swayed by a couple of people who threatened to cancel their season tickets because they perceived the system as flawed.....the one mistake I think she’s made since she started with us.

I can’t see how anyone can really argue against a points system. It could look after those who regularly follow the club home and away, which is probably around 800-1000 (tel:800-1000) supporters, with plenty tickets left for those who want to go odd games here and there for most games. In reality, it’s only for six games a season max that it would come into play.

The away ST was a great introduction for those who could commit to going every week, but I know quite a few guys who are not in the scheme but attend probably 80% of away games every season who missed out on Tynecastle and also people who have only been to two away games all season (Tynie x 2) who got one. That hardly seems fair.

Spot on. What I can't understand is those saying if you go every week, you shouldn't be ahead of the queue.

Points system is fair, plain and simple. No agenda, just rewarding those that attend Ross County, Inverness, QotS etc....

Brooster
01-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Spot on. What I can't understand is those saying if you go every week, you shouldn't be ahead of the queue.

Points system is fair, plain and simple. No agenda, just rewarding those that attend Ross County, Inverness, QotS etc....

Its discrimatory against folk who cant go every week. Why should you get a ticket for the derby ahead of someone who couldnt go to Dundee for example?

bigwheel
01-05-2018, 09:12 AM
I'm an advocate of a loyalty system, and would do reasonably well out of it...that said, as it only affects about 6-8 games a season, I don't think it is a major issue for us and can understand why it is low down the ER priorities...

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Its discrimatory against folk who cant go every week. Why should you get a ticket for the derby ahead of someone who couldnt go to Dundee for example?

Really?

Brooster
01-05-2018, 09:51 AM
Really?

You didnt answer the question.

TiaMaria
01-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Agree. Any kind of ballot would have its own problems i.e. only one member of a family getting a ticket!:

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 09:52 AM
You didnt answer the question.

It was a stupid question Brooster. Has your stance changed on the matter now?

Brooster
01-05-2018, 10:02 AM
It was a stupid question Brooster. Has your stance changed on the matter now?

Im all for everyone getting an equal chance for every game.

Diclonius
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM

The current system is discriminatory against people who can't get time off work for weekday afternoons when tickets go on sale, who aren't as internet-savvy (i.e. will only open one browser instead of as many as humanly possible), who don't have prior experience buying high-demand match tickets online (and know the best time to log on etc), who don't have enough Hibs-supporting pals or connections to be a member of the singing section or a HSC (who get priority access to tickets) or who aren't pals with someone who has an away season ticket that they don't always use.

Unless it's a ballot you're going to discriminate against someone, and I reckon priority for people who have been to more away games is better than priority for all the factors listed above.

flash
01-05-2018, 10:11 AM
After away season tickets it should be à ballot for all season ticket holders.
Otherwise the season ticket is diluted.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Im all for everyone getting an equal chance for every game.

You weren't before?

Brooster
01-05-2018, 10:21 AM
You weren't before?

Yes I was. But it wasnt such an issue until recently. A few years back anyone could get a ticket for the derby right up until kick off. I would still like to know why you should get a ticket before someone who couldnt make it to Dens for example.

Hermit Crab
01-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Yes I was. But it wasnt such an issue until recently. A few years back anyone could get a ticket for the derby right up until kick off. I would still like to know why you should get a ticket before someone who couldnt make it to Dens for example.

With the points system thats exactly what happened though. If someone couldn't make Dens or couldn't be bothered because it was on Tv then they would have fell behind on points. If someone goes to every game then they deserve a ticket ahead of some Johnny come lately. I take it you're against the AST as well since you think everyone should be given the same chance despite the fact some will not have been to an away game this season?

Brooster
01-05-2018, 10:30 AM
With the points system thats exactly what happened though. If someone couldn't make Dens or couldn't be bothered because it was on Tv then they would have fell behind on points. If someone goes to every game then they deserve a ticket ahead of some Johnny come lately. I take it you're against the AST as well since you think everyone should be given the same chance despite the fact some will not have been to an away game this season?

Yes I am actually but thats another point. Thats your view and I appreciate that but I dont share your sense of entitlement.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 10:32 AM

Your branch was getting tickets last season before others?

Brooster
01-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Your branch was getting tickets last season before others?

Thats in the past but yes we got a small number before demand started outstripping supply.

My_Wife_Camille
01-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Exactly this. And if it was a regular who genuinely couldn’t make Dens as a one off then they’d have enough points to make sure they are still looked after.

What brooster doesn’t seem to realise is there’s a difference between a regular who can’t make the odd game and a day tripper who has no intention of going unless it’s a ‘big’ game

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Thats in the past but yes we got a small number before demand started outstripping supply.

In the past fine but where was equality there? Suited you at the time I guess

Brooster
01-05-2018, 10:43 AM
In the past fine but where was equality there? Suited you at the time I guess

Suited us and suited Hibs at the time but not now. Times change and I understand that significantly more people want tickets therefore Im happy to go to ballot or online sales like everyone else. You obviously feel differently....I have no qualms with your stance.

flash
01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Johnny come lately and day trippers are two of the descriptions used in this thread to describe Hibs supporters by other Hibs supporters.
That's nice.

Carheenlea
01-05-2018, 11:01 AM
If our travelling support was such that we sold out every away game then that’s the time to look at ballots. As it stands, despite seeing home attendances and Season Tickets rocket, the travelling support is pretty much what it’s always been. Everyone wants to go to Tynecastle, of course they do, but those who support the club on the road most regularly should be ahead of those who travel less so when it comes to the more attractive fixtures. Not so much about entitlement but more about the club looking after it’s most loyal supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
If our travelling support was such that we sold out every away game then that’s the time to look at ballots. As it stands, despite seeing home attendances and Season Tickets rocket, the travelling support is pretty much what it’s always been. Everyone wants to go to Tynecastle, of course they do, but those who support the club on the road most regularly should be ahead of those who travel less so when it comes to the more attractive fixtures. Not so much about entitlement but more about the club looking after it’s most loyal supporters.

Nutshell....:aok:

danhibees1875
01-05-2018, 11:02 AM
For me, the overriding argument for a ballot option is that the club have came out and said they do not currently wish to have a loyalty points system.
The pro's and con's of a loyalty points system could be debated no end I'm sure, but if the club don't want to introduce it (and I think their reasoning in not wanting to dilute the value of a ST is a fair one) then a ballot system would seem a fairly logical step to counteract 13,000 people overloading the system for a lottery.

I done it for the cup game and sat for an hour in front of my screen watching a blue circle go round. I'm busier this week and so didn't even try for a ticket, I'd have put my name forward for a lottery/ballot though.

.Sean.
01-05-2018, 11:03 AM
On one hand I think there absolutely should be a points scheme where those who attend the vast majority of away games including the unfashionable trips like Motherwell on a Wednesday, Killie at half 12 on a Sunday etc are looked after for Tynecastle when there is high demand

On the other hand you’re lucky if I missed 5/10 away games between 2006 and the start of last season, I now need to work certain weekends and do callouts so it’s impossible to make as many away games as I used to, I have only been to 8 away games this whole season. In the past though I’ve been to Ibrox and Celtic Park countless time when we’ve took a couple hundred fans for fear of a drubbing and been to Tynecastle numerous occasions when we’ve barely sold half the Roseburn. I initially missed out on a ticket for the Scottish Cup derby there this year and I was raging that I would be missing out and there would be folk there who never usually go or people that haven’t held a season ticket anywhere near as long as I had had the exact same chance of a ticket as me, as I felt my loyalty through the years of us being pish was being forgotten about. I then realised I hadn’t attended as many away games this year so perhaps there were others more rewarding of a ticket than me this time. Luckily I got a ticket anyway.

Bottom line is no matter what we have in place people are going to moan as you can’t define loyalty as one specific thing. I’ve realised that people’s circumstances change and one supporters loyalty is different from another’s loyalty even though they have the exact same passion and desire to support the club.

So basically, I dinny really have an answer as to how Hibs work the ticket process, I’m just glad I’m one of the lucky ones this time in getting a ticket on that shambles of a system :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2018, 11:10 AM
On one hand I think there absolutely should be a points scheme where those who attend the vast majority of away games including the unfashionable trips like Motherwell on a Wednesday, Killie at half 12 on a Sunday etc are looked after for Tynecastle when there is high demand

On the other hand you’re lucky if I missed 5/10 away games between 2006 and the start of last season, I now need to work certain weekends and do callouts so it’s impossible to make as many away games as I used to, I have only been to 8 away games this whole season. In the past though I’ve been to Ibrox and Celtic Park countless time when we’ve took a couple hundred fans for fear of a drubbing and been to Tynecastle numerous occasions when we’ve barely sold half the Roseburn. I initially missed out on a ticket for the Scottish Cup derby there this year and I was raging that I would be missing out and there would be folk there who never usually go or people that haven’t held a season ticket anywhere near as long as I had had the exact same chance of a ticket as me, as I felt my loyalty through the years of us being pish was being forgotten about. I then realised I hadn’t attended as many away games this year so perhaps there were others more rewarding of a ticket than me this time. Luckily I got a ticket anyway.

Bottom line is no matter what we have in place people are going to moan as you can’t define loyalty as one specific thing. I’ve realised that people’s circumstances change and one supporters loyalty is different from another’s loyalty even though they have the exact same passion and desire to support the club.

So basically, I dinny really have an answer as to how Hibs work the ticket process, I’m just glad I’m one of the lucky ones this time in getting a ticket on that shambles of a system :greengrin

A fair and reasonable post :aok:

Cardinal G
01-05-2018, 11:14 AM

Good points about affordability. I live in Gateshead and have season ticket but just can't afford away games , if I could I would. Does that make me any less loyal, no. Personally current system suits me, I have a family member who applies for our group, got cup tickets and for next Wednesday so we were lucky. If a loyalty scheme came in I wouldn't get a sniff as I can't afford away games. So selfishly it suits me but it's not ideal for all which is why I would endorse a random ballot scheme.

davhibby
01-05-2018, 11:33 AM

What about the people that can't afford £400 for a season ticket? The current system discriminates against them because they can't manage the money for every home game upfront. Every argument involving money means that there will be people who can't afford certain things.

CropleyWasGod
01-05-2018, 11:34 AM
What about the people that can't afford £400 for a season ticket? The current system discriminates against them because they can't manage the money for every home game upfront. Every argument involving money means that there will be people who can't afford certain things.Can't they take advantage of the payment plan?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
01-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Can't they take advantage of the payment plan?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Only if they qualify for the credit agreement.

HibeeHibernian4
01-05-2018, 12:10 PM
I think this needs to be explained one more time for some people who are being obtuse (whether accidentally or deliberately is another matter). At the moment, Hibs' away attendance for a typical SPFL Premiership match ranges between 750-1500, with more going if we're doing well or it's a nearby ground (eg Dunfermline).

If we brought loyalty points back in, no season ticket holder would be 'shut out' of attending a match at Tynecastle. We are given 3,800 tickets, so if the 1,000 who go to almost every away game are given first refusal, that leaves 2,800 tickets for the rest of our support to go for - you could even introduce a ballot at that point if fans didn't mind.

We have a hardcore away Hibs support of about 800 fans, probably pushing on 1,000 at the minute because of how entertaining this season has been so far. To give them priority would not be to the detriment of other fans who never, or very rarely, go to a Hibs away game. It would be reducing their chances of getting a ticket by roughly a third.

So, if you still are claiming that "loyalty points stops season ticket holders being able to buy tickets for Tynecastle", you are either misinformed or lying. The only grounds where this could be the case are Ibrox and (at a stretch) Parkhead, grounds that - until recently - we would struggle to remotely sell out. If Hibs could fight to increase our allocations at these two grounds (by using the leverage of cutting their allocation in the South), then there wouldn't be a single ground in the country that would be a 'closed shop'.

The Modfather
01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Why on these type of threads are there only ever two types of Hibs fans? Those that go to all away games and those that only go to Tynecastle/Ibrox/Parkhead, with nothing in between.

Geo_1875
01-05-2018, 02:08 PM
I think this needs to be explained one more time for some people who are being obtuse (whether accidentally or deliberately is another matter). At the moment, Hibs' away attendance for a typical SPFL Premiership match ranges between 750-1500, with more going if we're doing well or it's a nearby ground (eg Dunfermline).

If we brought loyalty points back in, no season ticket holder would be 'shut out' of attending a match at Tynecastle. We are given 3,800 tickets, so if the 1,000 who go to almost every away game are given first refusal, that leaves 2,800 tickets for the rest of our support to go for - you could even introduce a ballot at that point if fans didn't mind.

We have a hardcore away Hibs support of about 800 fans, probably pushing on 1,000 at the minute because of how entertaining this season has been so far. To give them priority would not be to the detriment of other fans who never, or very rarely, go to a Hibs away game. It would be reducing their chances of getting a ticket by roughly a third.

So, if you still are claiming that "loyalty points stops season ticket holders being able to buy tickets for Tynecastle", you are either misinformed or lying. The only grounds where this could be the case are Ibrox and (at a stretch) Parkhead, grounds that - until recently - we would struggle to remotely sell out. If Hibs could fight to increase our allocations at these two grounds (by using the leverage of cutting their allocation in the South), then there wouldn't be a single ground in the country that would be a 'closed shop'.

3 points here.

1. If Hibs have a hardcore away support of about 800 fans, where were they when we were selling 200-300 tickets for Ibrox and Parkhead?

b. Reducing someone's chances of success by a third is surely to their detriment?

And finally, can I be an uberfan like you please?

Barney McGrew
01-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Why on these type of threads are there only ever two types of Hibs fans? Those that go to all away games and those that only go to Tynecastle/Ibrox/Parkhead, with nothing in between.

That's the problem that not having a points system creates. A points scheme would absolutely cater for exactly those who fall into that category.

Hermit Crab
01-05-2018, 02:22 PM
3 points here.

1. If Hibs have a hardcore away support of about 800 fans, where were they when we were selling 200-300 tickets for Ibrox and Parkhead?

The clubs rise in the 5 years has put a good few hundred on the away support.

b. Reducing someone's chances of success by a third is surely to their detriment?

No, you look after the fans who turn up every week, not those that cant be bothered to go to Dingwall but will go to Tynecastle.

And finally, can I be an uberfan like you please?

Thats enough of that, no need.

There should be some sort of ticket points system.

Geo_1875
01-05-2018, 03:04 PM
The clubs rise in the 5 years has put a good few hundred on the away support.

No, you look after the fans who turn up every week, not those that cant be bothered to go to Dingwall but will go to Tynecastle.

There should be some sort of ticket points system.

Yes, the club has had some turnaround in the last 5 years but that is is reflected in the huge number of season ticket holders. Do we just tell them thanks but your not as special as these other season ticket holders?

Daydreamer
01-05-2018, 03:58 PM
This idea of a ballot is nonsense. Why should a kid in the Lower FF have the same chance as someone who has paid full whack. Why should it just be a ballot for the Hearts game ?? i know someone who is in the ballot system at The rangers and next season he's coming out. how many of the people who want a ballot are going to give their bank details to the Ticket office to get a ticket for Ross County away?

davhibby
01-05-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes, the club has had some turnaround in the last 5 years but that is is reflected in the huge number of season ticket holders. Do we just tell them thanks but your not as special as these other season ticket holders?

They get in to all the home games which is what they pay for. Realistically probably anything over 4 away games in a season would give you a very good chance of getting derby tickets. Nothing to do with telling people they are "more special" than others, just rewarding those that go to other away games with a better chance of big game tickets

The Leith Dutch
01-05-2018, 10:16 PM

:aok:

LeithMike
02-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Johnny come lately and day trippers are two of the descriptions used in this thread to describe Hibs supporters by other Hibs supporters.
That's nice.Agree. It's quite ironic that the same posters are probably contributing to the 'dot count' threads and taking great pride in our increased attendances and encouraging more johnny come latelys to come along and sell out ER but they can 'do one' if they want a ticket for Tynecastle.

We can't, and shouldn't have it both ways, increased attendances but the same entitlement to tickets.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blaster
02-05-2018, 05:35 AM

Define ‘loyalty’? In your eyes loyalty seems to be current loyalty ie those who have attended most regularly this or last season.

Where do I sit in your loyalty? I’ve been a season ticket holder for 35 years, used to attend almost every away game until 10 years ago and now make half a dozen or so per season. Been to liege and Brussels to watch us in Europe too. I think both scenarios are loyalty

I’m lucky that I’ve almost always managed to get a ticket for tynecastle and in my eyes I think I deserve the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder. That includes many times when we have failed to sell our allocation and when the team has been rubbish

There will never be a solution which suits everyone unfortunately

Carheenlea
02-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Define ‘loyalty’? In your eyes loyalty seems to be current loyalty ie those who have attended most regularly this or last season.

Where do I sit in your loyalty? I’ve been a season ticket holder for 35 years, used to attend almost every away game until 10 years ago and now make half a dozen or so per season. Been to liege and Brussels to watch us in Europe too. I think both scenarios are loyalty

I’m lucky that I’ve almost always managed to get a ticket for tynecastle and in my eyes I think I deserve the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder. That includes many times when we have failed to sell our allocation and when the team has been rubbish

There will never be a solution which suits everyone unfortunately

There are thousands like you - great Hibbies who have backed the club for years buying STs and supported the club home and away in good times and bad. Proper fans who don’t have to justify their loyalty to anyone.
The most loyal fans currently though are the ones who are there every week supporting the team through what has been a fabulous season. I don’t think it’s right that a lot of them miss out on Tynecastle when there are enough tickets to cater for those most regular fans. Ibrox and Celtic has allocations smaller than our regular away support so it’s a given that lots will miss out.
The guys might not be as regular in the future, or be as loyal as some when things take a turn for the worse, who knows?, but ultimately the main objective of any loyalty scheme is to ensure the most regular fans on a given season are catered for when demand is high.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2018, 07:04 AM
So many other clubs have a loyalty scheme and have no issues with how it works or folk saying “I’m more loyal than you” or “I was loyal 10 years ago so entitled to tickets now”.

Every other scheme, call it loyalty or match points or any other name you want, rewards the folk that support the club by attending games, including all the “non-glamorous” ones. That reward is to ensure these fans don’t miss out when it comes to matches when demand outstrips supply.

It seems so straight forward, like the previous scheme up until points were added for HSL subscribers, and personally think the club need to be looking at it again, which I know won’t happen unfortunately.

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 09:20 AM
So many other clubs have a loyalty scheme and have no issues with how it works or folk saying “I’m more loyal than you” or “I was loyal 10 years ago so entitled to tickets now”.

Every other scheme, call it loyalty or match points or any other name you want, rewards the folk that support the club by attending games, including all the “non-glamorous” ones. That reward is to ensure these fans don’t miss out when it comes to matches when demand outstrips supply.

It seems so straight forward, like the previous scheme up until points were added for HSL subscribers, and personally think the club need to be looking at it again, which I know won’t happen unfortunately.

Other clubs have "loyalty" schemes and have the same problem as Hibs.

West Ham have a points scheme and if you have enough points you get a ticket for an away game. If you don't have enough points you don't get a ticket and you won't get a ticket for that game next season either. Many people have been West Ham season ticket holders for 25 years and follow them to Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester but have never qualified for a ticket for Stamford Bridge and they accept that they never will as the guys at the top of the points will always be at the top of the points. Even when they die the ticket is kept going by friends and family just to keep the points total.

Now how would Hibs attract new season ticket holders if their main selling strategy was "See every home game but you'll NEVER get a ticket for Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz Away."?

Cardinal G
02-05-2018, 09:31 AM

West Ham have a points scheme and if you have enough points you get a ticket for an away game. If you don't have enough points you don't get a ticket and you won't get a ticket for that game next season either. Many people have been West Ham season ticket holders for 25 years and follow them to Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester but have never qualified for a ticket for Stamford Bridge and they accept that they never will as the guys at the top of the points will always be at the top of the points. Even when they die the ticket is kept going by friends and family just to keep the points total.

Now how would Hibs attract new season ticket holders if their main selling strategy was "See every home game but you'll NEVER get a ticket for Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz Away."?

Similair down here with Sunderland and Newcastle, when you can't make a game others are quick to use your lotalty number to go, it's a win win in a way as they are guaranteed a ticket if your high enough up the points ladder and you get the point so those at top will always remain whether they go or not, is it fair,no.

Bringing one in from scratch would be a minefield with people feeling disadvantaged for various reasons.

This season I missed out on the bigot sisters away both times also for christmas derby but was lucky for cup one and next week, it's not a perfect system I know but it works to a degree, as long as you accept your not going to be lucky everytime and in a way over the season more of us get a chance to go to the odd big away game as oppossed to select few.

Carheenlea
02-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Have a two season rolling system, with the previous season always dropping off leaving the maximum point tally anyone can accrue being two seasons of full points. Folk starting out have the same chance to amass points as someone going for 40 years.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Have a two season rolling system, with the previous season always dropping off leaving the maximum point tally anyone can accrue being two seasons of full points. Folk starting out have the same chance to amass points as someone going for 40 years.

Correct, which I think was part of the original scheme that we had

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 09:41 AM

So everyone starts with a clean slate, zero points. Assuming Hibs are playing well and we get our now normal 3,000 travelling fans. We have a free for all for the first game at Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz away with the "winners" also getting a loyalty point which puts them ahead in the queue for the next one, and the next one, and the next one, ad infinitum. That won't cause any arguments.

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2018, 09:51 AM
So everyone starts with a clean slate, zero points. Assuming Hibs are playing well and we get our now normal 3,000 travelling fans. We have a free for all for the first game at Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz away with the "winners" also getting a loyalty point which puts them ahead in the queue for the next one, and the next one, and the next one, ad infinitum. That won't cause any arguments.
Been mentioned before, you don’t award points for CAT A games where demand vastly outstrips demand.

Personally, I think football should be totally restructured as a sport. They should take away the goals for a start because needing to score goals discriminates against clubs that can’t afford good strikers I also think all football fans in the country should be put into a draw to determine what team they get to support so all teams have an equal fan base because the current system clearly discriminates against teams from small towns who don’t have the population to attract more fans and money.

Carheenlea
02-05-2018, 09:55 AM

We don’t take numbers like that for most away matches. I’ve highlighted before how we have seen fantastic home attendances and a spike in ST sales never seen before, but our travelling support is pretty much what it’s always been. We were taking similar sized away crowds when we were struggling, and would see occasional big ones depending on how important a certain game was. With that in mind, the size of our regular travelling support should be relatively easy to manage.

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Been mentioned before, you don’t award points for CAT A games where demand vastly outstrips demand.

Personally, I think football should be totally restructured as a sport. They should take away the goals for a start because needing to score goals discriminates against clubs that can’t afford good strikers I also think all football fans in the country should be put into a draw to determine what team they get to support so all teams have an equal fan base because the current system clearly discriminates against teams from small towns who don’t have the population to attract more fans and money.

So a ticket for a Category A game is a raffle prize for those who attend all other away games? Well if I "win" a ticket for Ibrox and pay out my money to attend I want this reflected in my loyalty points total. Why should someone who went to watch Hibs at Motherwell or Kilmarnock but didn't have to watch us pump The Rangers be considered as much a supporter as us 900 hardy souls who endured a tirade of sectarian abuse and a rain of piss?

Carheenlea
02-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Folk are throwing around suggestions, but the sensible thing to do is to maybe have some dialogue with clubs who operate a satisfactory system and take advice from them in the workings of a points scheme. We don’t need to look too far, by all accounts Hearts operate a sound system without too much fuss.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Folk are throwing around suggestions, but the sensible thing to do is to maybe have some dialogue with clubs who operate a satisfactory system and take advice from them in the workings of a points scheme. We don’t need to look too far, by all accounts Hearts operate a sound system without too much fuss.

Which I think is very similar, if not the same, as the one we had in place

Carheenlea
02-05-2018, 10:10 AM

Well, there you go..

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 10:12 AM

Which worked perfectly well until ...............

Diclonius
02-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Pretty resounding fan opinion in favour of the loyalty points system again then. Any chance of someone making LD aware of this?

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Pretty resounding fan opinion in favour of the loyalty points system again then. Any chance of someone making LD aware of this?

With the proviso that it is called an Away Ticket Purchase Scheme not mentioning loyalty anywhere in the title as that implies that people actually attend the game rather than just purchase a ticket to maintain their points total.

Onceinawhile
02-05-2018, 10:22 AM
This idea of a ballot is nonsense. Why should a kid in the Lower FF have the same chance as someone who has paid full whack. Why should it just be a ballot for the Hearts game ?? i know someone who is in the ballot system at The rangers and next season he's coming out. how many of the people who want a ballot are going to give their bank details to the Ticket office to get a ticket for Ross County away?

I have an adult Season ticket in the FF lower and pay less than someone in the east or west. So would it be fair for me to get into it? What about concessions?

The minute we start telling home season ticket holders they aren't as special as a different group of home season ticket holders we open up a can of worms and it all goes to pot.

The loyalty points idea makes sense, but if we all start at nil and season ticket holders get x amount of points, then the first away game is either Rangers, Celtic, or Hearts, what do we do? We're back to luck of the draw and then the fans who get lucky are ahead of everyone else for future sales as they'll have more LP's.

This also causes the old "I want to buy tickets for Hampden, but my mates in the bracket below me" problem where folk either can't get seats together so don't go, or moan, whine and complain for so long the system gets scrapped.

Northernhibee
02-05-2018, 10:24 AM
No matter which system we have there will be a large group of unhappy people. Keep it as it is imo.

BroxburnHibee
02-05-2018, 10:31 AM

You could always email her yourself.

ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

Beefster
02-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Yet, when we had a points system, all we had was folk moaning about it.

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 11:25 AM

Are you trying to cause an argument?

ian cruise
02-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Are you trying to cause an argument?

There are plenty of posts on here with people who aren't in favour of a points system for various reasons, I'm not sure why this is the only post you've picked up on?

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 11:33 AM
There are plenty of posts on here with people who aren't in favour of a points system for various reasons, I'm not sure why this is the only post you've picked up on?

You too? :wink:

I thought we had all reached an agreement that points systems are wonderful and the way forward then it all went tits up.

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2018, 12:08 PM
So a ticket for a Category A game is a raffle prize for those who attend all other away games? Well if I "win" a ticket for Ibrox and pay out my money to attend I want this reflected in my loyalty points total. Why should someone who went to watch Hibs at Motherwell or Kilmarnock but didn't have to watch us pump The Rangers be considered as much a supporter as us 900 hardy souls who endured a tirade of sectarian abuse and a rain of piss?
Well no, the point is that the people who go to Motherwell or Kilmarnock or other less glamorous games are rewarded by getting first dibs on the bigger games. If you didn't go to those games against Killie or Well then you wouldn't have enough points to go to Ibrox to get pished on in the first place.

Eyrie
02-05-2018, 12:10 PM

People will always complain when something doesn't suit their own particular circumstances regardless of how fair it is to everyone else.

Disappointingly Dempster decided it was easier to ditch the scheme than it was to decide which complaints were reasonable and look at how to solve them. For example the 100 points for HSL was a major error but could have been resolved by including it in the 2 year rolling points total so that it would drop out and not be replaced.

I've been a walk up and accepted that I'm behind the season ticket holders in the queue. I'll be a season ticket holder next year and have no problem being behind those who trek to Dingwall or spend a wet Wednesday evening at Dens if I want a ticket for the PBS.

Jones28
02-05-2018, 12:13 PM
That's nice.

The day trippers one is bizarre, who the **** would want to spend a night in Dundee or Aberdeen?

WhileTheChief..
02-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Why do you feel entitled to a reward?

You make it sound like going to Ross Co or Inverness is a chore!

Presumably you’re going to these games through choice and might even enjoy yourself.

Why should you be rewarded for that?

No need to answer, I get it.

Those of you who ‘always go’ think you should be able to always go in perpetuity and stuff anyone else right?!

Keep things as they are or go for a lottery. The concept of rewarding someone who travels to away games is ridiculous.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2018, 12:48 PM

Presumably you’re going to these games through choice and might even enjoy yourself.

Those of you who ‘always go’ think you should be able to always go in perpetuity and stuff anyone else right?!

Keep things as they are or go for a lottery. The concept of rewarding someone who travels to away games is ridiculous.

I think your last sentance is more ridiculous than what you are saying is ridiculous. But then I’m someone that does it every week.

Yes it’s my choice but it’s also done at expense and sacrifice.

I have the away season ticket but I still happen to think the loyalty scheme would be better. It would benefit more people and not just necessarily away from home. We will have close to 15k season tickets next year. For derbies, games against The Rangers and Celtic where demand is high, loyalty points could be used to reward folk who can’t afford or can’t commit to to a season ticket but attend regularly by giving them a priority window. Likewise, it then helps those folk when it comes to cup finals for instance.

The club are always quick to tell us how much of a difference our support can make to the team. So why shouldn’t they ‘reward’ that in some way, shape or form? I suppose at this moment in time it could be easy for them to take it for granted but it was only the season before last that we were regularly playing to crowds of 7-8k.

WhileTheChief..
02-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Sacrifice?! Really?

Poor wee lamb. Or was it your child?!

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Sacrifice?! Really?

How are you supposed to have a discussion with this?

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Well no, the point is that the people who go to Motherwell or Kilmarnock or other less glamorous games are rewarded by getting first dibs on the bigger games. If you didn't go to those games against Killie or Well then you wouldn't have enough points to go to Ibrox to get pished on in the first place.

But I would if I bought a ticket for Motherwell or Kilmarnock. I wouldn't have to actually bother going to the game, I'd get my "loyalty" points either way. So I might not be as "loyal" as everyone thinks.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Sacrifice?! Really?

No need to be a knob about it. Folk were having a decent debate until u popped up

Keith_M
02-05-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm in favour of Loyalty Points, as long as they're only awarded for actually attending a game and/or buying a Season Ticket. The problem with them was mostly the very vocal minority that abused the club and it's employees because they didn't agree with the concept.

You're never going to have a single system that will please everybody, as there will always be (pretty stupid) complaints like 'but I wanted to sit with my mates'

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2018, 02:05 PM
But I would if I bought a ticket for Motherwell or Kilmarnock. I wouldn't have to actually bother going to the game, I'd get my "loyalty" points either way. So I might not be as "loyal" as everyone thinks.
Maybe not, but this is exactly why I said the term 'loyalty' should be dropped and the name changed. If you have enough extra money that you want to buy tickets for a game you wont go to in order to cheat the system then good for you. It's no different to people buying season tickets just to secure cup final tickets. The odd person will always cheat any system if they can.

Keith_M
02-05-2018, 02:07 PM

Would you actually do that, or are you just being facetious?

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 02:14 PM
The odd person will always cheat any system if they can.

It's not cheating, it's manipulation.

Would you actually do that, or are you just being facetious?

Not being facetious as it's done at other clubs to guarantee tickets for big away games. Might be done at Hibs but I don't know anybody that does.

Smartie
02-05-2018, 02:28 PM
The loyalty system we had was fine until the HSL fiasco, then we decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.

The current system does the job too.

One of the downsides of having a decent team is that every now and then demand will outstrip supply for tickets. Those missing out will be pissed off and blame various factors including the distribution system whether it is fair or not.

I'll be missing the game next week, I'd have liked to have gone. Them's the breaks. Some folk need to see the bigger picture about the significance of not attending a game of football.

happiehibbie
02-05-2018, 02:41 PM
we bit of subject I like the points system but a question I have is how dis celtic fans get tickets for the game at ER ?

WhileTheChief..
02-05-2018, 02:42 PM
No need to be a knob about it. Folk were having a decent debate until u popped up

The same one that crops up after big game ticket scramble.

No need to go calling folk names about it.

mutley
02-05-2018, 02:44 PM
There certainly in no simple solution to this. Our support is growing at a vast rate, and the popularity of attending our games has incresed since the SC win and promotion.

So far we have exceeded last years ST sales from same time last year, and I have no doubt we will smash the overall total we had for this season. It's basic maths, that when we only get 900 tickets for the likes of ibrox, 14,000 people scrambling for these tickets then there will be 13,100 that can't get one.

Is there a fair system? That question in itself is subjective, because what seems fair to one, is unfair to another. Should it be the case of " I go every week so I should top the list " or " I can never get a ticket, so I should be first next time"

It's swings and roundabouts, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

No, I do not know the best solution to this, and wouldn't know where to start, however, whatever system is finally chosen, we should stick with it, be that Loyalty points, or firsr come first served.

Problems araise when a group of fans complain its unfair and should be changed, so the club changes it, THEN another group of fans, which is now affected, complain that its unfair and should be changed, then the cycle contnues.

As harsh as it sounds, not everyone is going to be able to go to all away games, (eventhough Tynecastle has the capacity of 400,000), and I thoik that it has to be understood, that sometimes you will be lucky, and sometimes not.

Since90+2
02-05-2018, 02:48 PM
It's not cheating, it's manipulation.

Not being facetious as it's done at other clubs to guarantee tickets for big away games. Might be done at Hibs but I don't know anybody that does.

2 of my mates who are Hearts fan bought tickets for a game last year (might have been Ross County) to give them enough loyalty points to qualify for Derby tickets. It probably wouldn't happen that often but you would certainly get some fans doing so.

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2018, 02:49 PM
The same one that crops up after big game ticket scramble.

No need to go calling folk names about it.

If folk want to discuss/debate it then that’s up to them.

If you don’t want to then what’s the point in posting what you did?

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 02:53 PM
we bit of subject I like the points system but a question I have is how dis celtic fans get tickets for the game at ER ?

Celtc have a ballot before the season starts and ST holders know which away games they are attending, or not, before a ball is kicked.

worcesterhibby
02-05-2018, 03:02 PM
For example the 100 points for HSL was a major error .

I disagree. The club has to have some way of connecting with Hibs fans who for many and varied reasons, live a long way away from Edinburgh. I make about 4-6 trips to ER a year, plus away games in Dundee, cos my daughter lives there, which costs me about £300 + a trip so I'm spending more in two matches than a season ticket holder who lives in Edinburgh spends in a whole season just to get to the matches. I also subscribe to HibsTV and HSL and buy plenty of stuff from the shop. People who get to go to ER every week are very lucky...I wish I could, but I can't. Why is someone who lives on Lorne Street and saunters up to most matches on their day off from work...so much more deserving than me ?

With HSL payments and Hibs TV you can easily spend more with Hibs than someone who just buys a season ticket. There are more ways of supporting the club than just being lucky enough to go to most matches.

We should actually force everyone to be miked up and those that routinely abuse the players should be the ones at the bottom of the list for hard to get tickets !:greengrin

davhibby
02-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Celtc have a ballot before the season starts and ST holders know which away games they are attending, or not, before a ball is kicked.

Celtic have a points system based on how many away games you go to.

SneakersO'Toole
02-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Another loyalty points debate going exactly the same as the other dozen or so threads. :rolleyes:

In none of the threads to date have I read that perhaps Leeann has played a blinder keeping things the way they are. Would our ST sales be as high this season or next (if what is being expected transpires) if a loyalty points system was in place? Its a matter of conjecture but I suspect strongly the answer would be no. A resounding no at that. For many, ticket 'priority' for the high demand games is a big selling point of a ST. It obviously doesn't give guarantee's but it gives you a fair crack at the whip.

I think Leeann has known this from the start and that is why things are where they are. And what Hibs fan would judge her for this given that ST sales beat previous records this year and are expected to be surpassed again next year.

Would we as a support sacrifice potentially thousands of additional ST sales and the enormous benefits this brings for the introduction of a loyalty points system which, whatever way you dress it up, caters for the few rather than the many across the broader support.

guthrie01
02-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Another loyalty points debate going exactly the same as the other dozen or so threads. :rolleyes:

In none of the threads to date have I read that perhaps Leeann has played a blinder keeping things the way they are. Would our ST sales be as high this season or next (if what is being expected transpires) if a loyalty points system was in place? Its a matter of conjecture but I suspect strongly the answer would be no. A resounding no at that. For many, ticket 'priority' for the high demand games is a big selling point of a ST. It obviously doesn't give guarantee's but it gives you a fair crack at the whip.

I think Leeann has known this from the start and that is why things are where they are. And what Hibs fan would judge her for this given that ST sales beat previous records this year and are expected to be surpassed again next year.

Would we as a support sacrifice potentially thousands of additional ST sales and the enormous benefits this brings for the introduction of a loyalty points system which, whatever way you dress it up, caters for the few rather than the many across the broader support.

Well said, Leeann has already confirmed loyalty points will not be coming back so I think it’s pointless bringing back the same debate.

Geo_1875
02-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Celtic have a points system based on how many away games you go to.

That must be new then because they used to have a ballot of ALL season ticket holders for ALL away games during the summer break and everybody knew which games they had tickets for. There was then a huge amount of trading as their supporters clubs needed to know if they could get enough tickets to run a bus.

Going even further back they used to allocate tickets to supporters club branches who ran their own ballot. Maybe Hibs should try that.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2018, 04:01 PM

Do you really believe our season ticket sales would drop by thousands if there was a loyalty scheme in place?

Steven79
02-05-2018, 04:34 PM
That must be new then because they used to have a ballot of ALL season ticket holders for ALL away games during the summer break and everybody knew which games they had tickets for. There was then a huge amount of trading as their supporters clubs needed to know if they could get enough tickets to run a bus.

Going even further back they used to allocate tickets to supporters club branches who ran their own ballot. Maybe Hibs should try that.

With the split how would they know who they were playing?

Since90+2
02-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Do you really believe our season ticket sales would drop by thousands if there was a loyalty scheme in place?

Probably not thousands but if 700 less people bought a season ticket thats about £250,000.

I appreciate I'm just plucking a figure but it's not inconceivable and that's what Hibs will be looking at.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Probably not thousands but if 700 less people bought a season ticket a thats about £250,000.

I appreciate I'm just plucking a figure but it's not inconceivable and that's what Hibs will be looking at.

We’re getting in to things that aren’t factual, so appreciate my opinion could be pish as well, but I genuinely don’t think there would be close to that number of people not buying. Apart from anything else, not buying a season ticket would leave you open to missing games at ER the way it’s going. Never mind worrying about away tickets.

Just Alf
02-05-2018, 04:52 PM
We’re getting in to things that aren’t factual, so appreciate my opinion could be pish as well, but I genuinely don’t think there would be close to that number of people not buying. Apart from anything else, not buying a season ticket would leave you open to missing games at ER the way it’s going. Never mind worrying about away tickets.If things go well we may need attendance/loyalty points for a ticket a ER!

:D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HibeeHibernian4
02-05-2018, 04:57 PM
The same handful of accounts on here being deliberately stubborn and obtuse about loyalty points.

If you give the 1000 Hibs fans who go every week first refusal of Tynecastle tickets, there are still c.3000 tickets available. There is no closed shop, stop pretending otherwise.

Look, if you're just doing it because you benefit from there being no loyalty points, fine. But there's no point pretending there's actually valid reasoning to not bringing a scheme in.

WhileTheChief..
02-05-2018, 05:35 PM
You could equally say that Hibs have made their decision re the loyalty points scheme so there’s no point discussing it?

The club obviously feels it has a valid reason for not bringing it in.

It’s the usual voices calling for change. They want a system that guarantees them a ticket and screw everyone else.

Thankfully the club doesn’t share their point of view for now but I guess it might change in the future.

My_Wife_Camille
02-05-2018, 05:50 PM
You could equally say that Hibs have made their decision re the loyalty points scheme so there’s no point discussing it?

The club obviously feels it has a valid reason for not bringing it in.

It’s the usual voices calling for change. They want a system that guarantees them a ticket and screw everyone else.

Thankfully the club doesn’t share their point of view for now but I guess it might change in the future.
The usual voices have already guaranteed themselves a ticket with an AST

B.H.F.C
02-05-2018, 05:58 PM
If things go well we may need attendance/loyalty points for a ticket a ER!

:D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It sounds mental on the face of it to suggest that.

But we will likely have 14-15k season ticket holders next year. Probably closer to 15k. Take off away tickets, hospitality, segregation in some cases then it doesn’t leave that many tickets available. Particularly against Hearts you could be talking about under 1000. A loyalty scheme then helps regular walk up supporters who can’t afford or can’t commit to a season ticket.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Thanks for condescending response, but you get it:aok:

Kojock
02-05-2018, 06:22 PM

That's not true and well you know it, your branch got 37 tickets for the first game at Parkhead this season where demand well outstripped supply. Didn't hear anything about discrimination then.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2018, 06:23 PM
The usual voices have already guaranteed themselves a ticket with an AST

Exactly this.

As long as the AST is in place I’m catered for. So if my attitude was ‘screw everyone else’ then I wouldn’t be contributing to this thread.

However, I happen to think there are other benefits to having a loyalty scheme. Do I think those that travel every single week should get priority? Absolutely and I stand by that. But a loyalty scheme, if run correctly, can cater for that and reward other elements of the support as well such as giving them priority for high demand home games, cup finals etc as I’ve mentioned in other posts.

Brooster
02-05-2018, 08:10 PM
That's not true and well you know it, your branch got 37 tickets for the first game at Parkhead this season where demand well outstripped supply. Didn't hear anything about discrimination then.

You still mumping about that? You need to get over yourself.

Kojock
02-05-2018, 08:33 PM
You still mumping about that? You need to get over yourself.

Get over myself ?? You come on and knowingly tell mistruths about the number of tickets your club received then post about fair systems and discrimination. Pot, kettle.

Jones28
02-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Probably not thousands but if 700 less people bought a season ticket thats about £250,000.

Why on earth would people not buy a season ticket if the scheme came back?

Anyway, we're hypothesising an irrelevant issue - LD has said it's not coming back so that's that.

Speedy
02-05-2018, 10:29 PM
Why on earth would people not buy a season ticket if the scheme came back?

Anyway, we're hypothesising an irrelevant issue - LD has said it's not coming back so that's that.

I've certainly spoken to people who have said that. For many people, there is no financial benefit to a season ticket (missing 2 or 3 games through holiday/work/whatever) means it's cheaper to pay as you go.

The same handful of accounts on here being deliberately stubborn and obtuse about loyalty points.

If you give the 1000 Hibs fans who go every week first refusal of Tynecastle tickets, there are still c.3000 tickets available. There is no closed shop, stop pretending otherwise.

Look, if you're just doing it because you benefit from there being no loyalty points, fine. But there's no point pretending there's actually valid reasoning to not bringing a scheme in.

Personally, I'd agree with this approach.

Although I get the argument that it causes grief amongst fans, for ticketing staff and could mean people not renewing.

If someone goes to the vast majority of games then it seems fair to me they'd get first refusal over someone (like me for example) who doesn't.

Jones28
02-05-2018, 10:40 PM
I've certainly spoken to people who have said that. For many people, there is no financial benefit to a season ticket (missing 2 or 3 games through holiday/work/whatever) means it's cheaper to pay as you go.

Personally, I'd agree with this approach.

Although I get the argument that it causes grief amongst fans, for ticketing staff and could mean people not renewing.

If someone goes to the vast majority of games then it seems fair to me they'd get first refusal over someone (like me for example) who doesn't.

Taking this season as an example - and going in to next - it would be madness to not get a season ticket if you were planning to come to most games with the club brining in a ticket buy-back scheme. Guaranteed seats for big games with the option to sell them back to the club is surely a no brainer?

Since90+2
03-05-2018, 05:36 AM
Taking this season as an example - and going in to next - it would be madness to not get a season ticket if you were planning to come to most games with the club brining in a ticket buy-back scheme. Guaranteed seats for big games with the option to sell them back to the club is surely a no brainer?

The buy back scheme will really only be useful for games against Hearts , Rangers and Celtic and these are games people will likely not miss. It's the games against Hamilton , Ross County ect that they would be missing id suggest.

Barney McGrew
03-05-2018, 06:00 AM
One other thing Hibs should put an end to - concessions should only be able to buy concession tickets for places like Tynecastle or Ibrox. It would mean that those season tickets would be more likely to be used correctly - and stop people buying tickets for non season ticket holders for those games.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2018, 06:24 AM

I agree, a ballot for tickets.

Since90+2
03-05-2018, 07:21 AM
One other thing Hibs should put an end to - concessions should only be able to buy concession tickets for places like Tynecastle or Ibrox. It would mean that those season tickets would be more likely to be used correctly - and stop people buying tickets for non season ticket holders for those games.

I would have thought it was already the case they could only buy concessions? If that's true it definitely needs changed.

Barney McGrew
03-05-2018, 07:24 AM
I would have thought it was already the case they could only buy concessions? If that's true it definitely needs changed.

Nope. Concessions can buy full adult tickets for those games.

seanshow
03-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Good point about the concession tickets, it would mean some extra IT work by Hibs and the ticket site though.
I presume when you logged in to buy an away ticket the other drop down menus would be greyed out, leaving only the concessions ticket available. Buying over the phone the staff would have to check the buyers account and allocate the concessions ticket.
Not impossible though and a good idea imo.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Good point about the concession tickets, it would mean some extra IT work by Hibs and the ticket site though.
I presume when you logged in to buy an away ticket the other drop down menus would be greyed out, leaving only the concessions ticket available. Buying over the phone the staff would have to check the buyers account and allocate the concessions ticket.
Not impossible though and a good idea imo.

Although they would do, is take them in to ER to upgrade them unfortunately

Speedy
03-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Although they would do, is take them in to ER to upgrade them unfortunately

In theory, we could also have different definitions of concessions to other clubs

Beefster
03-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Nope. Concessions can buy full adult tickets for those games.

Now that is a complete nonsense but I suspect Hibs don't want to impact the sale of those STs, given the entire lower tier is put aside for them (I think/assume).

HibeeHibernian4
03-05-2018, 12:30 PM
I agree, a ballot for tickets.

Good idea, let's do a ballot for Motherwell away, or Dundee away, or Ross County away too.

What's that? Only the same 10% of our season ticket holders actually ever go to those games? Never mind then...

My_Wife_Camille
03-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Good idea, let's do a ballot for Motherwell away, or Dundee away, or Ross County away too.

What's that? Only the same 10% of our season ticket holders actually ever go to those games? Never mind then...
Spot on.

Scouse Hibee
03-05-2018, 01:02 PM

No, just for the big games, don't need one for the others, do keep up.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-05-2018, 01:21 PM

It is so straight forward, I dinnae understand how some folk can't see it.

Jones28
03-05-2018, 06:06 PM
The buy back scheme will really only be useful for games against Hearts , Rangers and Celtic and these are games people will likely not miss. It's the games against Hamilton , Ross County ect that they would be missing id suggest.

Either way, they make their tickets available, someone wants to buy them, they exchange money via the club. The club still gets the money from the initial purchase of the season ticket, the supporter who can't attend may or may not get their money back if the ticket is not purchased and a different punter uses the seat. The only person losing out is the person with the ST who doesn't go to the game if they don't "sell" their ticket.

Jones28
03-05-2018, 06:07 PM

Would it be a big tombola? Would certainly make it more of a spectacle.

Kojock
03-05-2018, 06:10 PM
It is so straight forward, I dinnae understand how some folk can't see it.

They do see it, but they don't want a system that reduces their chances of getting a ticket for the "big" games.

jgl07
03-05-2018, 07:40 PM

The biggest problem is when tickets go on sale everyone tries to go online at once. This leads to chaos and system crashes.

Use loyalty points to spread demand. It works pretty well at Manchester City. There are usually half days windows for each band of loyalty points. It means you can get online without major queues that usually happen with Hibs.

mca
03-05-2018, 08:11 PM
The biggest problem is when tickets go on sale everyone tries to go online at once. This leads to chaos and system crashes.

Use loyalty points to spread demand. It works pretty well at Manchester City. There are usually half days windows for each band of loyalty points. It means you can get online without major queues that usually happen with Hibs.

Recently was reading a story about some American Team who had a smaller ground than they needed..

They introduced a Point a Dollar.. for every Dollar you spent meant you would get a Loyalty Type point..

Anything from buying Tickets and Merchandise to Food and beer also investing in the team, Selling back your ticket to sponsoring the ball and Mascots and players boots sponsor etc etc

Just Scan your Card and collect points..

They had people spending money online and in the shops regularly just to break through certain points barriers..

Quite a lot of fans were getting into Debt because of it mind you..

it was interesting but i can't find the article and it also says that community groups were having BBQs and Topless car washes and cake sales etc...