PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Murty thrown to the garbage

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Celtic have just released a statement from Brendan Rodgers stating that he feels sorry for his The Rangers counterpart stating that the club (The Rangers ) have treated him with disrespect and have thrown him to the garbage.

I was just wondering if my fellow posters have any views on this topic as no doubt Graeme Murty had a difficult job not helped by a couple of poor results or does anyone really care about The Rangers as that is the sort of employee relations we have come to expect from them. We are still awaiting a statement from them re the Miller/Wallace fiasco and they refused to speak to the media (BBC) yesterday after yet another Old Firm pumping.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
30-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Celtic have just released a statement from Brendan Rodgers stating that he feels sorry for his The Rangers counterpart stating that the club (The Rangers ) have treated him with disrespect and have thrown him to the garbage.

I was just wondering if my fellow posters have any views on this topic as no doubt Graeme Murty had a difficult job not helped by a couple of poor results or does anyone really care about The Rangers as that is the sort of employee relations we have come to expect from them. We are still awaiting a statement from them re the Miller/Wallace fiasco and they refused to speak to the media (BBC) yesterday after yet another Old Firm pumping.

GGTTH
It’s quite uncomfortable watching him. He’s completely out of his depth, he’s been undermined by the board as well. I thought he was going to start crying after the cup game with Celtic. He would be better walking away now.

jacomo
30-04-2018, 01:11 PM
The Rangers have undermined him twice - First with Dave Kings statement, then with leaking Gerrard’s name to the media.

The dressing room fall out from their cup tie could have been handled better too.

Poor behaviour as usual from this grubby club.

CropleyWasGod
30-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Devil's advocate.....

Is it really any of Celtic's business to be going public about this?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

MyJo
30-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Seems like a reasonable guy but way out of his depth in the job.

Doesn't give the huns an excuse to treat him the way they have though. Despicable club from top to bottom and it shows with every action and statement they make.

stantonhibby
30-04-2018, 01:20 PM
I don't think Celtic have actually released a statement about this......Rodgers was asked about Murty on talk sport this morning.

JeMeSouviens
30-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Devil's advocate.....

Rodgers was asked about Gerrard in an interview on Talksport and said he felt it was disrespectful to Murty to talk much about it while he is in the post.

The Leith Dutch
30-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Devil's advocate.....

Probably less damaging to The Rangers "credibility" than one of their own press releases......

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Guys,

Maybe got a wee bit ahead of myself there. Celtic FC still celebrating . Statement straight from the horses mouth Brendan Rodgers on Talk Sport. Please accept my apologies. Apologies also to Celtic FC.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
30-04-2018, 01:31 PM
I feel sorry for Murty, he seems a decent guy.

He's way out his depth but not many people in his position would have turned down such a big opportunity if it was offered to them. The Rangers board have thrown him under a bus twice lately and both right before games v Celtic. Is it a stretch to say they are trying to get him to walk?

He's better away from the toxic atmosphere around Rangers and I'm sure he'll realise that in time.

CropleyWasGod
30-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Rodgers was asked about Gerrard in an interview on Talksport and said he felt it was disrespectful to Murty to talk much about it while he is in the post.Gotcha... and the OP has clarified :)

TelaStella
30-04-2018, 01:47 PM
I don’t think you couldn’t feel sorry for Murty. Every week it becomes increasingly obvious that he himself doesn’t actually want to be there and who can blame him? The guys the U20’s coach with no experience of first team management whatsoever- very similar to Kenny McDowall case couple years back. He has no option of leaving or stepping down having his hands tied by D King yet the board feel obliged to come out and publicly embarrass him whenever they see fit, just as somebody mentioned above after the semi final I thought he was gonna burst into tears anaw very odd to see. On the long term though I really feel Rangers have had their time. It’s been over 5 years since the whole admin fiasco and just look at where they’ve come.. the only thing the club seems good for now is giving the rest of the county a laugh at yet another embarrassing episode of the banter years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
30-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Statement from Traynor, please.

I'll get the popcorn.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-04-2018, 02:01 PM
The men in suits ( dare I say bowler hats too) behind the scenes are now the experts in the " everyone else's fault" blame game. I suppose that it is a crumb of comfort for them that it is one title that they have been able to wrest from Celtc.

JimBHibees
30-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Devil's advocate.....

Absolutely not. Seems a cheap shot. Did Rangers speak to any press yesterday after the game or was it only the BBC?

Waxy
30-04-2018, 02:09 PM
I reckon no one really wants to be at the rangers but are just all using them for a paycheck.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Always thought he seemed an okay guy in the wrong job but if you swim with the sharks ..........

Actually meant if you swim in the sewage.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

neil7908
30-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Anything that might encourage them to put out another statement can only be viewed in a positive light.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Absolutely not. Seems a cheap shot. Did Rangers speak to any press yesterday after the game or was it only the BBC?
On Sportscene yesterday they said that no one from The Rangers was available for comment. This may be something to do with the long running dispute between The Rangers and the BBC each blaming the other over something long forgotten about.

Danderhall Hibs
30-04-2018, 02:42 PM
On Sportscene yesterday they said that no one from The Rangers was available for comment. This may be something to do with the long running dispute between The Rangers and the BBC each blaming the other over something long forgotten about.

They never talk to the bbc but yesterday they decided not to talk to anyone.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds about right from the Masters of Castle Greyskull.

Northernhibee
30-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Guys,

Maybe got a wee bit ahead of myself there. Celtic FC still celebrating . Statement straight from the horses mouth Brendan Rodgers on Talk Sport. Please accept my apologies. Apologies also to Celtic FC.

GGTTH
A disallowed goal in the Scottish Premiership Statements league.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 02:57 PM
A disallowed goal in the Scottish Premiership Statements league.
Hands up totally my fault cannae even blame Rocky this time !

madhatter
30-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Feel really quite sorry for him. He seems like a decent guy that has been well and truly thrown in at the deep end - doesn't help that the board at The Rangers enjoy tying weighs to his feet constantly even though he can't swim to start with!

Genuinely horrified at the treatment of him. He is the fall guy and I think they planned to use him as such - they knew they were miles off Celtic.

If I was him, if by some miracle (disaster) he got offered the job, I'd tell them where to shove it. He's better of learning his trade elsewhere.

Jim44
30-04-2018, 04:51 PM
I’m warming to the idea of Gerard grasping the poisoned chalice. He might very well make a go of it, but the journey is going to be interesting at worst and hilariously enjoyable at best. Popcorn sales will escalate in the next few months.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 04:53 PM
I’m warming to the idea of Gerard grasping the poisoned chalice. He might very well make a go of it, but the journey is going to be interesting at worst and hilariously enjoyable at best. Popcorn sales will escalate in the next few months.
The Rangers the gift that keeps on giving!

Off the bar
30-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Might be the wrong thread for this but what's the story with Carlos Pena, Tom English in his BBC column aludes to him heading back to hunbrox in disgrace from his loan club after pissing in a fountain?
Going back to Ibrox has to be the wrong choice for him because they've not got a pot to piss in let alone a fountain!

tamig
30-04-2018, 05:04 PM

GGTTH
He’s been hung out to dry by that bunch of crooks. They conduct themselves terribly. Bunch of sheisters.

Captain Trips
30-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Steven Gerrard "Managing the Garbage"?

Neil Lennon "Taking out the Garbage"

Smartie
30-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Sevco have hilariously low levels of resilience.

Every setback, every single little thing that doesn't go their way seems to cause an implosion, a total meltdown.

How often have they appeared to be getting on the right track and then before you know what has happened they are in crisis again?

It doesn't matter who they get in as manager, until everyone to do with that club from the board right through to the fans can learn to weather a few blows without destroying themselves then they will be doomed to continually fail.

Long may it continue.

Captain Trips
30-04-2018, 05:11 PM

Every setback, every single little thing that doesn't go their way seems to cause an implosion, a total meltdown.

How often have they appeared to be getting on the right track and then before you know what has happened they are in crisis again?

It doesn't matter who they get in as manager, until everyone to do with that club from the board right through to the fans can learn to weather a few blows without destroying themselves then they will be doomed to continually fail.

Long may it continue.

Do not let them get wind of such sense.

tamig
30-04-2018, 05:14 PM

Long may it continue.
Their big mistake was the approach they took post liquidation. Millions wasted unnecessarily on wages hoovering up a load of out of contract Premiership players to get them through the lower leagues. Not an ounce of humility. They could have started from scratch building gradually but their arrogance and sense of entitlement would never allow that. A lot of bother ahead.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Might be the wrong thread for this but what's the story with Carlos Pena, Tom English in his BBC column aludes to him heading back to hunbrox in disgrace from his loan club after pissing in a fountain?
Going back to Ibrox has to be the wrong choice for him because they've not got a pot to piss in let alone a fountain!
Apparently got to go into rehab before returning to his parent club for alcohol issues cutting short his loan period increasing the burden on The Rangers payroll.

The Rangers the gift that keeps on giving.

Dashing Bob S
30-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Would like us to issue a statement saying that we don't give a **** about any statements issued by other clubs.

Off the bar
30-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Apparently got to go into rehab before returning to his parent club for alcohol issues cutting short his loan period increasing the burden on The Rangers payroll.

Ooft

jgl07
30-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Seems like a reasonable guy but way out of his depth in the job.

Doesn't give the huns an excuse to treat him the way they have though. Despicable club from top to bottom and it shows with every action and statement they make.

If he had come out with the usual crap aimed at the knuckle draggers, he would would have been treated better.

Pagan Hibernia
30-04-2018, 05:38 PM
I can’t think of any redeeming features of that club other than they are now a very welcome source of laughter and league points. Nice marble staircase too, but that’s it.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2018, 05:39 PM

He was caught pishing into a fountain at his team's hotel.

EH54
30-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Their big mistake was the approach they took post liquidation. Millions wasted unnecessarily on wages hoovering up a load of out of contract Premiership players to get them through the lower leagues. Not an ounce of humility. They could have started from scratch building gradually but their arrogance and sense of entitlement would never allow that. A lot of bother ahead.

My thoughts too

Seveno
30-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Anyone that takes that job should know what is coming. I have no sympathy for any of The Rangers managers.

lord bunberry
30-04-2018, 05:58 PM

Is this the guy that blew his nose on a pair of Rangers shorts on his way in to his new clubs stadium?

Dashing Bob S
30-04-2018, 06:05 PM

Fake news. It was actually the fountain that pissed on him for wearing a Hun strip.

emerald green
30-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Murty comes across as a decent man, so not suited to Mordor.

Jim44
30-04-2018, 06:15 PM
It would appear that Murty will still be there for their last three games. I can’t imagine that they will be in a particularly positive frame of mind and even allowing for a wee psychological boost from Gerrard signing a contract, the timing couldn’t be better for us to take advantage of their chaos. Killie might even do us a favour as well.

BILLYHIBS
30-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Is this the guy that blew his nose on a pair of Rangers shorts on his way in to his new clubs stadium?
Dunno, sounds about right as followed Caixinha to Mexico and probably had zero respect for the club.

Off the bar
30-04-2018, 06:23 PM

The very same, although in his defence he was probably pished

Famous Fiver
30-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Was he at their POTY do last night?

He could have got the Paul Gascoigne prize for buffoonery.

wpj
30-04-2018, 06:40 PM

Could possibly fill a hole at Hearts? Locke would definitely be interested. Also, can pish on the plaza at the new tinycastle. As good as a fountain? Who knows.

Onion
30-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Strikes me as a reasonable guy, which straight away makes him unsuitable for the Sevco job.

Sevco Board and fans love to beat up their own just as much as the opposition. They are unhinged, unable to make long term rational decisions, love playing the victim and completely consumed by Celtic getting 10 in a row. Other than the Yams total obsession with Hibs, have you seen a club so obviously blinded by one single issue. Stopping Celtic has them tied on knots.

MyJo
30-04-2018, 06:59 PM
If he had come out with the usual crap aimed at the knuckle draggers, he would would have been treated better.

:agree: sad but all too true.

I also can't see Steven Gerrard subscribing to their particular brand of bulls**t either. If he doesn't turn them around immediately he will be labelled a taig sympathiser and rounded on without mercy just like they have done with Murty.

ancient hibee
30-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Seems very logical to replace an under 20 coach with an under 18 coach.When he fails they'll probably be looking at primary 7.

Crazyhorse
30-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Very true. He even noted that they were very lucky to win on their last visit to ER. Honestly describing reality doesn't go down too well with that support, the majority of whom resemble a weird out-group hating cult at the best of times.
A bit like many jams they want to be pandered to, told they are simply the best, that there is a natural order and they are superior to everyone else.

mjhibby
30-04-2018, 08:39 PM
It would appear that Murty will still be there for their last three games. I can’t imagine that they will be in a particularly positive frame of mind and even allowing for a wee psychological boost from Gerrard signing a contract, the timing couldn’t be better for us to take advantage of their chaos. Killie might even do us a favour as well.

I was thinking the exact same.

Deansy
30-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Which is against league rules - I await them being charged with 'Bringing the game into disrepute' with bated breath ..................... :faf:

RoYO!
30-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Feel really quite sorry for him. He seems like a decent guy that has been well and truly thrown in at the deep end - doesn't help that the board at The Rangers enjoy tying weighs to his feet constantly even though he can't swim to start with!

Genuinely horrified at the treatment of him. He is the fall guy and I think they planned to use him as such - they knew they were miles off Celtic.

If I was him, if by some miracle (disaster) he got offered the job, I'd tell them where to shove it. He's better of learning his trade elsewhere.

Thrown in the deep end, without any water in the pool...

Tomsk
30-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Anyone that takes that job should know what is coming. I have no sympathy for any of The Rangers managers.

Me too. Not an ounce of sympathy. I wanted him to fail completely in the most abject and humiliating manner imaginable -- I'm not now going to feel sorry for him.

jacomo
30-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Me too. Not an ounce of sympathy. I wanted him to fail completely in the most abject and humiliating manner imaginable -- I'm not now going to feel sorry for him.

He’s handled the job with more dignity than most of them.

Caixihna seemed confused so I’ll give him a pass, but both magic hat and McCoist were unbearable pricks.

Of course I want Murty to fail, but I don’t wish him any ill will personally. He seems alright to me.

Dashing Bob S
30-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Go Murtz! Hope he stays to relegate the Huns next season then wins the champions league the season after next for Hibs against Neil Lennon’s Barcelona.

Tomsk
30-04-2018, 10:43 PM
He’s handled the job with more dignity than most of them.

Caixihna seemed confused so I’ll give him a pass, but both magic hat and McCoist were unbearable pricks.

Of course I want Murty to fail, but I don’t wish him any ill will personally. He seems alright to me.

With respect, I fail to see the difference. Whether the Huns manager conducts himself with Ghandi-like dignity or makes a complete Iain Paisley of himself is immaterial. He took the blue boaby, just like Fat Sally, and Walter, and Souness, and Jock Wallace, and all the other Staunchco acolytes. He knew what he was taking on. He knew what the club is about. He's supposed to be a decent guy. How? He dropped his shorts and bent over for cash. It's beneath contempt. He deserves our disgust not sympathy.

ian cruise
30-04-2018, 10:45 PM

I was under the impression he wasn't given much choice, story I was told at the time was he got the phone call saying he's what is happening rather than him actively seeking the job. Think he was quite happy with his under
20s job.

Hibrandenburg
30-04-2018, 11:02 PM
I feel sorry for Murty, he seems a decent guy.

He's way out his depth but not many people in his position would have turned down such a big opportunity if it was offered to them. The Rangers board have thrown him under a bus twice lately and both right before games v Celtic. Is it a stretch to say they are trying to get him to walk?

He's better away from the toxic atmosphere around Rangers and I'm sure he'll realise that in time.

He who sups with the devil will need a long spoon.

Deansy
30-04-2018, 11:16 PM
With respect, I fail to see the difference. Whether the Huns manager conducts himself with Ghandi-like dignity or makes a complete Iain Paisley of himself is immaterial. He took the blue boaby, just like Fat Sally, and Walter, and Souness, and Jock Wallace, and all the other Staunchco acolytes. He knew what he was taking on. He knew what the club is about. He's supposed to be a decent guy. How? He dropped his shorts and bent over for cash. It's beneath contempt. He deserves our disgust not sympathy.

Ditto - not as if Murty can claim ignorance of what they're about when every game they play, their 'support' (each and everyone a banjo-player) loudly proclaims to the world exactly what it believe in and supports !

Greenfly
30-04-2018, 11:21 PM
I can’t think of any redeeming features of that club other than they are now a very welcome source of laughter and league points. Nice marble staircase too, but that’s it.

Releasing Darren McGregor when they did was very kind of them.

hibbyfraelibby
01-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Pales into insignificance with the incident when a player took a dump in the marble bath at iBrokes a few years back.