View Full Version : Hibs legends game 26/5/18, 2pm at Spartans Academy

30-04-2018, 12:02 PM
An acquaintance of Garry O'Connor has asked if I would help spread the word about the above game, organised to raise funds for GO'C's 2nd Chance Football Academy, which was set up to help kids who can't afford to join youth football clubs.

There will be 6 'legends' (I appreciate that is a word which sparks debate!!) on each team, and players apparently signed up so far are:

Deeks, Boozy, Micky Weir, Jimmy Boco, Alen Orman, Tam McManus, Jamie McCluskey, Scott Bannerman, Ian Murray, Kevin Harper, Ivan Sproule, Garry O'C himself, and (I'm told, though it sounds implausible!) Jimmy O'Rourke. The remainder of each team will be made up of academy players and punters.

Also attending in a non-playing capacity, apparently, are:

Lenny, Sparky, Ryan Porteous, Scott Brown, Alex McLeish and Donald Park.

The teams will be managed by Pat Stanton & Jimmy O'Rourke.

Entrance is £10 for adults, and £5 for kids/OAPs. That's about as much as I know, but I think there is a Facebook page (I'm not on Facebook), there is information on Twitter (I retweeted something last night), and the Academy's website can be found at: www.2cfa.co.uk

Admins - I just assumed this is ok to advertise, but if not please just let me know. I've never met Garry, nor have any involvement with the event!

01-05-2018, 05:55 AM
An acquaintance of Garry O'Connor has asked if I would help spread the word about the above game, organised to raise funds for GO'C's 2nd Chance Football Academy, which was set up to help kids who can't afford to join youth football clubs.

There will be 6 'legends' (I appreciate that is a word which sparks debate!!) on each team, and players apparently signed up so far are:

Deeks, Boozy, Micky Weir, Jimmy Boco, Alen Orman, Tam McManus, Jamie McCluskey, Scott Bannerman, Ian Murray, Kevin Harper, Ivan Sproule, Garry O'C himself, and (I'm told, though it sounds implausible!) Jimmy O'Rourke. The remainder of each team will be made up of academy players and punters.

Also attending in a non-playing capacity, apparently, are:

Lenny, Sparky, Ryan Porteous, Scott Brown, Alex McLeish and Donald Park.

The teams will be managed by Pat Stanton & Jimmy O'Rourke.

Entrance is £10 for adults, and £5 for kids/OAPs. That's about as much as I know, but I think there is a Facebook page (I'm not on Facebook), there is information on Twitter (I retweeted something last night), and the Academy's website can be found at: www.2cfa.co.uk

Admins - I just assumed this is ok to advertise, but if not please just let me know. I've never met Garry, nor have any involvement with the event!

Since there are two Garry O'C threads and someone mentioned this game....I'll give this a bump.

01-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Since there are two Garry O'C threads and someone mentioned this game....I'll give this a bump.

Someone needs to tell him about the website. Spelin is atroshus. 😱

01-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Someone needs to tell him about the website. Spelin is atroshus. 😱

Just looked, it's bad :blushie:
But at least every other line isn't punctuated by f***in', which comes as a surprise after watching that interview.

02-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Just looked, it's bad :blushie:
But at least every other line isn't punctuated by f***in', which comes as a surprise after watching that interview.

I assumed he'd have handed over the website production/ upkeep to someone else tbh! Glad to hear it's devoid of wee sweary words since the whole idea is to help oot bairns...😀