PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875 - Display Update

Since1875Hibs
29-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Over £2,500 has been donated in the past fortnight which will allow us to put on a display in the Famous Five stand on the last game of the season vs. The Rangers.

Overall costs came in slightly below expectations, therefore we have decided to donate £150 each to both Dnipro Appeal and Leith Links - two worthy causes.

Donations continue to be welcomed, appreciated and needed. If you wish to still make a donation, please do so as this will support our plans for next season and beyond.

Finally, we are in need of some man power on the day of the match between 8am - 10am. Further details will be shared next week.

Thanks again for your support.

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

SChibs
29-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Over £2,500 has been donated in the past fortnight which will allow us to put on a display in the Famous Five stand on the last game of the season vs. The Rangers.

Overall costs came in slightly below expectations, therefore we have decided to donate £150 each to both Dnipro Appeal and Leith Links - two worthy causes.

Donations continue to be welcomed, appreciated and needed. If you wish to still make a donation, please do so as this will support our plans for next season and beyond.

Finally, we are in need of some man power on the day of the match between 8am - 10am. Further details will be shared next week.

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

Great stuff. I'd have volunteered to help but I'm on holiday. Before anyone pipes up I did consider changing the dates when the top 6 fixtures came out!

Callum7
29-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Any hints as what I could be? :hyper

guthrie01
29-04-2018, 10:11 PM
For reference how much did the Hibs go marching on display cost ?

Deansy
29-04-2018, 10:50 PM

'Wish you were here ?' for the poor ticketless Huns forced to watch it on TV

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2018, 10:56 PM

I bet a few who went to Parkhead today wish Celtic had cut their allocation too

Pretty Boy
29-04-2018, 11:33 PM

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

Great gesture, well done:aok:

Austinho
30-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Just need one for the derby now. “The Hearts were broken. Thank you, thank you” :greengrin

Mixu62
30-04-2018, 01:06 AM
"Believe THIS, beggars" or something similar

Viva_Palmeiras
30-04-2018, 05:15 AM

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

Great effort all round!
Just wondering re the surplus is the aim to cover costs and not keep surpluses for the next banner? I guess as long as folks are aware that other great causes get supported in the event all is good.
only reason I asked is the update continued to request donations for next season and beyond - that's in effect what the surplus could have been?

mglancy23
30-04-2018, 05:53 AM
When the 3rd Hibs goal pops in reveal the "statement incoming?" Banner

HibeeHibernian4
30-04-2018, 09:59 AM
For reference how much did the Hibs go marching on display cost ?

They said it was around £800 iirc.

FranckSuzy
30-04-2018, 10:02 AM

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

Thank you so much! Loving your work :thumbsup:

Aim Here
30-04-2018, 10:09 AM

Nah. It'd be a bit crap to have a big end-of-season display for an excellent season to be about the opposition, whether it's Rangers, Hearts or any other team.

The display should be about Hibs; any mention of other, teams, if there is one, should be in passing (e.g. the Scottish Cup final scoreline or something).

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Nah. It'd be a bit crap to have a big end-of-season display for an excellent season to be about the opposition, whether it's Rangers, Hearts or any other team.

The display should be about Hibs; any mention of other, teams, if there is one, should be in passing (e.g. the Scottish Cup final scoreline or something).

Yup. Should be all about Hibs and no-one else

bigwheel
30-04-2018, 10:14 AM
These guys are the "Time For heroes" team...I think we can trust them to make the right choice...look forward to it..

calumhibee1
30-04-2018, 10:16 AM
They said it was around £800 iirc.

Makes you wonder just how good this one could be!

Since1875Hibs
30-04-2018, 11:05 AM
We have no intention of giving attention to attention seekers like The Rangers. Our efforts will be focused on what matters, Hibernian.

Hibbyradge
30-04-2018, 11:34 AM
We have no intention of giving attention to attention seekers like The Rangers.

I hope you don't think this is dissension, but maybe you could mention that we're in contention although that might increase the tension and that's no good for my hypertension, so I can understand if there's apprehension about changing your usual convention.

:greengrin

ano hibby
30-04-2018, 11:42 AM
We have no intention of giving attention to attention seekers like The Rangers. Our efforts will be focused on what matters, Hibernian.

Well said 👍

007 Mickey Weir
30-04-2018, 11:51 AM

Great to hear!!

GreenCastle
30-04-2018, 12:02 PM
These guys are the "Time For heroes" team...I think we can trust them to make the right choice...look forward to it..

One of the most iconic banners ever.

Loved the Hibs go marching on and Natural Order ones.

Looking forward to this.

Should aim for a full stadium display next season - would be an ER first but would need to be a sell out game.

NZ Green
30-04-2018, 02:42 PM
A simple 'Thank You' is my bet. Look forward to seeing it whatever it says.

HTD1875
30-04-2018, 03:03 PM

GGTTH

SINCE 1875

Great stuff lads

Carheenlea
30-04-2018, 03:20 PM
How many pyros can you buy for £2500....? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
30-04-2018, 03:53 PM
I hope you don't think this is dissension, but maybe you could mention that we're in contention although that might increase the tension and that's no good for my hypertension, so I can understand if there's apprehension about changing your usual convention.

Read this in the style of the Jamaican and get your next hit record!

speedy_gonzales
30-04-2018, 04:49 PM

Read this in the style of the Jamaican and get your next hit record!

Aye, to be fair it's got a bit of the $hāggy about it, Mr Bombastic!

H18 SFR
30-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Time for heroes 2!

WhileTheChief..
30-04-2018, 05:34 PM

You can be whatever you want to be, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise :wink:

erin go bragh
30-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Wear green and be a Hibby 😂

Since1875Hibs
04-05-2018, 12:26 PM
£150 sent to the PayPal accounts of Leith Links and Dnipro Kids.

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
04-05-2018, 01:26 PM

GGTTH

Received :thumbsup: Many thanks :aok:

andybev1
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM

clever :agree:

i think something that includes thr genius that is Lennon might be on it or msaybe his image with a message about the team.
Looking forward to seeing it though.

StevieC
04-05-2018, 03:59 PM
GGTTH

Ross, I got notification today of the payment arriving in the Dnipro Kids account ..

bingo70
04-05-2018, 04:09 PM
See the guys who do this for the Aberdeen have thrown (a perfectly understandable) strip and are refusing to do any more.

Sounds like their board aren’t the most cooperative so maybe a well done to hibs as well for showing common sense and allowing this kind of thing to go ahead.

calumhibee1
04-05-2018, 05:12 PM
I wonder how difficult it would be to install one of they things where a flag gets raised from down in the crowd up from the roof of the stand? Like the Dortmund one with the binoculars?

RyeSloan
04-05-2018, 05:16 PM
See the guys who do this for the Aberdeen have thrown (a perfectly understandable) strip and are refusing to do any more.

Sounds like their board aren’t the most cooperative so maybe a well done to hibs as well for showing common sense and allowing this kind of thing to go ahead.

What’s happened with the Aberdeen lot?

Future17
05-05-2018, 07:56 AM
What’s happened with the Aberdeen lot?

https://www.invernessreds.co.uk/red-army-display-cancelled/