PDA

View Full Version : The Derby inNew Orleans

deekster
29-04-2018, 06:54 PM
As the headline says anyone watched live Scottish football in New Orleans before? Going to be there and hope to see the match.

wpj
29-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Was there in 95 and recall a couple of Irish bars that showed "soccer" sorry but can't recall the names. As a side try to check out a bar called the Abbey. We called it the Abyss, it never closes and doesn't even have a door just a thick curtain, 24/7 opening all year round.

s2hart
30-04-2018, 12:48 AM
A few years back I went to a bar called Finn McCools, I called ahead asking if they were showing our game against old Co in the Scottish Cup, they said they were going to record it, kicked off about 7am so I went along at 9am to watch only to be told they forgot to record it! Anyway great bar, really friendly locals, stayed until late afternoon before heading back for the Mardi Gras celebrations. It might be worth a try, it's a taxi ride from the French Quarter. http://finnmccools.com

DarrenSQH
30-04-2018, 11:50 AM
A few years back I went to a bar called Finn McCools, I called ahead asking if they were showing our game against old Co in the Scottish Cup, they said they were going to record it, kicked off about 7am so I went along at 9am to watch only to be told they forgot to record it! Anyway great bar, really friendly locals, stayed until late afternoon before heading back for the Mardi Gras celebrations. It might be worth a try, it's a taxi ride from the French Quarter. http://finnmccools.com

Was about to recommend there. I just used the Hotel Wifi and Hibs Tv for the St Johnstone game this year. Never seen Scottish football on in a bar tough. Premiership was on everywhere.

Going back in September so If you do find any Scottish football playing then let me know where.

deekster
30-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Cheers guys. I was going to try Finn McCools anyway.
Will let you know how I got on

calumhibee1
30-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Would folk recommend New Orleans? Always quite fancied it.