PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Hibernian Verse
29-04-2018, 05:19 PM
On just now. We're on next get it on!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jim44
29-04-2018, 05:26 PM
On the Aberdeen Jambo highlights the commentator said ‘ With a home win against Hearts and home games against Hibs and Rangers coming up, Aberdeen will probably clinch second place. Talk about nailing your colours to the mast, let’s call it bias, I hope he’s eating his words in a couple of weeks time.

Lendo
29-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Just mentioned that Steve Clarke was sent to the stand at half time. Any idea what for??

Since90+2
29-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Just mentioned that Steve Clarke was sent to the stand at half time. Any idea what for??

Arguing with the ref at half time.

Hibbyradge
29-04-2018, 05:37 PM
On the Aberdeen Jambo highlights the commentator said ‘ With a home win against Hearts and home games against Hibs and Rangers coming up, Aberdeen will probably clinch second place. Talk about nailing your colours to the mast, let’s call it bias, I hope he’s eating his words in a couple of weeks time.

I hope he is eating his words, but he's got a point.

Aberdeen will be confident of winning their home games. If they do, they're second.

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 05:41 PM
They'll be getting beat by Celtic. So there's that..

Sir David Gray
29-04-2018, 05:49 PM

He said if they win all 3 home games then 2nd place would probably be theirs.

hibees 7062
29-04-2018, 05:54 PM

Told the ref to f off

rossevenil
29-04-2018, 05:59 PM
Right enough Aberdeen have done so well against Sevco and the tic this season! Hopefully they manage a draw against Sevco though,that would be the best result all round.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-04-2018, 06:03 PM

Turning down the Rangers job.

greenlex
29-04-2018, 06:34 PM
That’s what I heard. At the time I thought no **** Sherlock then realised he probably made that statement before today’s old firm game.

Bristolhibby
29-04-2018, 06:44 PM
I hope he is eating his words, but he's got a point.

Aberdeen will be confident of winning their home games. If they do, they're second.

It still rankles me that they never went down due to “league restructuring” or was it ICT not having a big enough seated ground?

Whatever it was they should have had to taste their medicine.

J

Glory Lurker
29-04-2018, 06:46 PM
It still rankles me that they never went down due to “league restructuring” or was it ICT not having a big enough seated ground?

J

It was Falkirk not having a big enough ground I think. Dons got away with it big time. Complete injustice.

McD
29-04-2018, 06:46 PM

J

Falkirk I think.

iirc, Falkirk were twice denied promotion due to not having a 10k seater stadium.

Green forever
29-04-2018, 07:29 PM

He was raging about the injury time, the board said 1 minute but seemed to play longer. We had a free kick right at the end of the first half that went for a corner and most thought that would be it but the ref played the corner and Clarke was giving it tight to the officials.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Falkirk I think.

iirc, Falkirk were twice denied promotion due to not having a 10k seater stadium.

A rule which was later relaxed, you can now have terraces in the top league providing you have at least 6000 seats.

Vini1875
29-04-2018, 07:40 PM
How could tell if Steve Clarke was in a bad mood, he even tops Potter as the most torn faced, depressing, dour ****?

Babyshamble
29-04-2018, 07:49 PM

That'll be Liam McLeod.big dons fan.not sure he said anything wrong.did you want a hibs fan commentating ?

Thecat23
29-04-2018, 07:54 PM
That'll be Liam McLeod.big dons fan.not sure he said anything wrong.did you want a hibs fan commentating ?

He’s commentating on a game and supposedly meant to be neutral. If he worked for Dons TV that would be fine... But he doesn’t 🙄

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 08:03 PM

J

Was it not us that escaped relegation thanks to league reconstruction? (1990)

Sir David Gray
29-04-2018, 08:08 PM
He’s commentating on a game and supposedly meant to be neutral. If he worked for Dons TV that would be fine... But he doesn’t 🙄

Before this gets to be a bigger story than it should, please refer to my earlier post to see what Liam McLeod actually said.

To be clear, he did not say that they will win all 3 home games, or even that they should.

He just said they have Hibs and Rangers at home following the Hearts match and if they won all 3 then 2nd place would probably be theirs.

Kato
30-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Was it not us that escaped relegation thanks to league reconstruction? (1990)

We didn't finish in a relegation spot.

snooky
30-04-2018, 10:57 AM
IIRC, Aberdeen (or maybe it was Dundee?) was spared relegation once due to Falkirk's ground not being up to standard. Can't remember the year though.

My_Wife_Camille
30-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Falkirk I think.

That was a few years later. Aberdeen didn’t go down because the league was expanded to 12 teams

Motherwell were later spared relegation because of the Falkirk stadium issue

Fife-Hibee
30-04-2018, 11:00 AM

This is exactly what was said and he's right. So lets beat them.

ian cruise
30-04-2018, 11:29 AM

There are lots of commentators and pundits who nail their colours to the mast re:who they support, I generally never find it that bothersome. If or was resulting in them giving an inaccurate and bias view of the game I was watching it would be worse but I've not noticed it massively, a few obvious old firm fans over the years but you know that going in to those matches.

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 11:38 AM

J

And they boast about never having been relegated. Well they finished rock bottom. Same difference.

danhibees1875
30-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Right enough. :aok:

sleeping giant
30-04-2018, 11:40 AM

Was that because there was no relegation that season ?

I'm sure we were saved due to league reconstruction .

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 11:40 AM
That was a few years later. Aberdeen didn’t go down because the league was expanded to 12 teams

Motherwell were later spared relegation because of the Falkirk stadium issue

I always thought Aberdeen stayed up because Brockville didn't meet standards? I'm maybe wrong

weecounty hibby
30-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Totally wrong. The league set up did indeed change that season but we didn't finish in the relegation spot. From memory it was Still Mitten who ended up bottom and were savef

Craig_HFC
30-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Were Motherwell not saved from relegation at one point due to the club who were to be promoted didn't meet the stadium criteria as well?

It was around about the time McFadden was there I think.

EDIT: it was 2002/2003 & it was Falkirk who weren't promoted. More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_Scottish_Premier_League

My_Wife_Camille
30-04-2018, 12:12 PM
I always thought Aberdeen stayed up because Brockville didn't meet standards? I'm maybe wrong
Kind of a mixture of both

The year Aberdeen came bottom the League was expanded from 10 to 12 teams and the top two from Div 1 went up (St Mirren and Dunfermline). There was talk of a play off between Aberdeen and 3rd placed Falkirk but it never materialised

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Kind of a mixture of both

The year Aberdeen came bottom the League was expanded from 10 to 12 teams and the top two from Div 1 went up (St Mirren and Dunfermline). There was talk of a play off between Aberdeen and 3rd placed Falkirk but it never materialised

That clears that up 👍

monarch
30-04-2018, 12:33 PM

There was no relegation that season in order to enable the premier league to increase from 10 to 12 clubs. Hibs finished above what would normally have been the relegation area.

The “Hibs were saved by reconstruction” mantra is a pure urban myth perpetrated by the usual suspects.

Oscar T Grouch
30-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Totally wrong. The league set up did indeed change that season but we didn't finish in the relegation spot. From memory it was Still Mitten who ended up bottom and were savef

You gotta love autocorrect :greengrin

Kato
30-04-2018, 12:52 PM

We were in a relegation spot when reconstruction was announced but had went up a couple of places by the season end.

sleeping giant
30-04-2018, 09:38 PM
We were in a relegation spot when reconstruction was announced but had went up a couple of places by the season end.

Ahh. Cheers.
I thought I was going nuts :-)