PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Celtc

SirDavidsNapper
29-04-2018, 05:14 PM
How utterly depressing must that be? Just saw a supporters bus emptying and you'd think they'd just been relegated. No party, no singing, no exuberance and no open top bus. Whats the point if you can't celebrate your teams succeess? They will never experience anything like we felt in May 16. Boring bassas

The Spaceman
29-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Whilst I agree they will never feel what we all felt on 21.05.2016, the atmosphere at Celtic Park against The Rangers or on Champions League nights is pretty special - see the Barcelona game c.4-5 years ago (I think!). But agreed regarding domestic trophies - they just expect it, so when they get it its a case of "thank god, no embarrassments".

snooky
29-04-2018, 05:19 PM
How utterly depressing must that be? Just saw a supporters bus emptying and you'd think they'd just been relegated. No party, no singing, no exuberance and no open top bus. Whats the point if you can't celebrate your teams succeess? They will never experience anything like we felt in May 16. Boring bassas

Exactimondo.

Diluted highs must be worse than none.

Elephant Stone
29-04-2018, 05:24 PM

The game finished about 4 hours ago :hilarious Reckon they'll have had an alright day

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 05:47 PM
The game finished about 4 hours ago :hilarious Reckon they'll have had an alright day

Yes but 'alright day' pretty much sums it up. I agree with the O.P.

Winning the europa league or something akin to that would be the only thing that could get close to the 21.05.16 feeling for them.

Jack Hackett
29-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Familiarity breeds contempt

Old, but no less true

Sammy7nil
29-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Yes but 'alright day' pretty much sums it up. I agree with the O.P.

Winning the europa league or something akin to that would be the only thing that could get close to the 21.05.16 feeling for them.

They won the league 6 months ago there was never going to be a wild celebration today after they left the ground.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-04-2018, 06:08 PM
They've got the next few won as well, cannae be much fun. Surely every football fan waits for a David Gray moment, shame most wont experience it, we have, that'll do me.

Vini1875
29-04-2018, 06:17 PM
To be fair if we had won the last seven how exciting would it be. I don't recall wild celebrations after the Championship win it was more relief.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Liv and Man U in EC/CL Finals, Arsenal at Anfield, Hearts at Dens, hard to compete with.

celtic1888
29-04-2018, 06:20 PM
There's no denying we're used to winning but I'd rather that than go through the 90s again tbh.i also hope Hibs get 2nd place if only for Lenny & Griff.

WoreTheGreen
29-04-2018, 06:23 PM
There's no denying we're used to winning but I'd rather that than go through the 90s again tbh.i also hope Hibs get 2nd place if only for Lenny & Griff.

Tug my cap fo patronising prick

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 06:24 PM
They won the league 6 months ago there was never going to be a wild celebration today after they left the ground.

And that all ties in to the point the OP made.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Oh no we were second in the nineties, bolt!

Waxy
29-04-2018, 07:28 PM
It’s not even an achievement. They only win it because they have much more money than everyone else.All they do is make a snorefest out of Scottish football.

heretoday
29-04-2018, 10:14 PM
49 times they have won it.

It must get a bit boring.

The European Cup was something special though.

Babyshamble
29-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Stupid thread.

Babyshamble
29-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Get this pish deleted admins.

JimboHibs
29-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Utter pish unless you support Celtic you'll never know how they feel !!

wpj
29-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Remember being in a pub after the old rangers had won the league. A right bunch of miserable f*****s they were. About 6 of us Hibs fans were more fun with a middle of the table Lexxy Miller season than that shower. Didn't even try to slag us off just zombies even before that became their default. I guess Celtc are the same now.

Pagan Hibernia
29-04-2018, 11:01 PM
I suppose it’s all relative. The more times you achieve something then of course it becomes less special and you have to keep raising the bar to get the buzz again.

personally, 20 years ago it meant a hell of a lot to me when Hibs beat rangers, now it’s getting boring. Same thing. :greengrin

cocteautwin
30-04-2018, 03:30 AM
I suppose it’s all relative. The more times you achieve something then of course it becomes less special and you have to keep raising the bar to get the buzz again.

personally, 20 years ago it meant a hell of a lot to me when Hibs beat rangers, now it’s getting boring. Same thing. :greengrin

All these girls that I can't stop s**gging. I'm bored of it now. Enough!

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Get this pish deleted admins.

You constantly moan about being picked on on here then come out with things like that. It's all opinions.

Hibbyradge
30-04-2018, 09:10 AM

I wouldn't mind a wee shot of getting utterly depressed cos my team was the best in the country every year. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
30-04-2018, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't mind a wee shot of getting utterly depressed cos my team was the best in the country. :greengrin

Lol true. It must be hard winning all those trophys right enough :wink: I suppose on reflection they are just used to winning it. I thought them winning it after a 5-0 win over their local rivals might have been different though and the Celtic fans i saw leaving their bus were maybe just boring! I remember Celtic winning the Scottish cup around 1995 when they were just starting to turn the corner and Tommy Burns was in tears etc. Suppose its all relative