PDA

View Full Version : The last three years

Northernhibee
29-04-2018, 02:12 PM
We must have been fantastic for the neutrals. A charismatic manager, attractive football these last few months, that cup win and that SoL, promotion, the Stokes saga, being part of a league battle that could realistically see the teams 2nd to 4th go into the final game on the same points.

Is there an interesting a team as Hibs just now?

Famous Fiver
29-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Close run thing with the Hearts Stadium thread on here which has been going for years and has a good bit to run yet.

I get popcorn delivered with the weekly groceries, put my feet up, read and enjoy.

where'stheslope
29-04-2018, 02:45 PM
We must have been fantastic for the neutrals. A charismatic manager, attractive football these last few months, that cup win and that SoL, promotion, the Stokes saga, being part of a league battle that could realistically see the teams 2nd to 4th go into the final game on the same points.

I would say its been fantastic for all Hibs fans never mind neutrals!
We are flying at the moment and we could be very hard to stop getting to second!!!!!

mjhibby
29-04-2018, 05:06 PM
It's been just a superb journey from the butcher debacle. I'm just enjoying the ride as every season is different. Hertz woes have made it all the sweeter and its almost as if it was fated to happen after the cup win, promotion then a top four finish. We are definitely in the best shape for many a year but will just enjoy it and come back fired up when the new season starts.
Ggtth.

Jim44
29-04-2018, 06:04 PM

This gives me a glimmer of hope that we can keep this successful blend together for another season. All of the players we fear are on their way out of the club might just reflect on what they are a part of and find it difficult to bail out at this particular time. Let’s face it, none of them would be making major sacrifices by staying on for one more season and possibly going on to greater things.

oneone73
29-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Wonder how many fans of other clubs would describe Neil Lennon as charismatic?

mjhibby
29-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Wonder how many fans of other clubs would describe Neil Lennon as charismatic?

I think talismanic probably a better word though he certainly has a big presence about him and he's made a massive difference in improving Allan and mcgeoch in particular.

southsider
29-04-2018, 08:22 PM
When Neil took the job I thought it was a real statement of intent but he and the team have done better that could ever have hoped for, Neil mate, ER loves you.

BSEJVT
29-04-2018, 08:39 PM
The last 3 years have been an absolutely fabulous time to be a Hibs supporter

Some great results but for guys like me brought up on the Tornadoes, we have also played some wonderful attacking football in bits.

Its probably not a coincidence but most of the really good spells of football we have played in my lifetime have coincided with us having real pace in the team.

Duncan, Sproule and now Boyle and Barker.

Martin has improved no end since he joined and if Barker could improve as much he could turn out to be something special