PDA

View Full Version : 18min applause yesterday

GreenT
29-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Didn't see anything on site about this. What was it about?

macca70
29-04-2018, 11:58 AM
For the lady that was being stretchered out the west stand and the efforts from all that were helping her

eastterrace
29-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Didn't see anything on site about this. What was it about?

They wee applauding the paramedics who worked on the woman who had a heart attack in the West lower

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
29-04-2018, 11:59 AM
I wondered what it was all about as well.

Just Alf
29-04-2018, 12:00 PM
this helps explain it...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?330424-West-Stand-Incident

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2018, 12:01 PM
17410 people recognising the heroes who saved a woman's life in front of tgeir eyes by not giving up and proving if ever we need to the our NHS staff are wonderful. Ps the stewards and firstaiders who were first resonders training kicked in was probably crutial.

iwasthere1972
29-04-2018, 12:02 PM
I must admit that I didn't have a clue what it was about either but I clapped anyway.

gaz1875
29-04-2018, 12:02 PM
And rightly so, fantastic performance off and on the pitch yesterday. The medics should get lead out to get applauded at half time against the huns :top marks

GreenT
29-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Thanks for that. Being in the West Lower didn't see anything happening

29-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Lovely touch and fair play to the Kilmarnock fans for joining in.

Well done to the stewards and medics. Heroes. Hope the woman is making a speedy and full recovery.

CMurdoch
29-04-2018, 01:25 PM
It was a class effort from all concerned.
Worked on the lady for almost 20 minutes including round after round of CPR.
I thought she was a goner and was very uncomfy that the game continued throughout.
The club and supporters should put something together to recognise the stewards and paramedics who saved this woman's life in such public circumstances.
Any update on the ladies condition?

Babyshamble
29-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Saw it happening.awful.was on the way home listening to tam Cowan.they always have a team of the day.he said it should go to the paramedics at Easter Rd.👍

CMurdoch
30-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Does anyone have an update on the lady concerned's condition?

pollution
30-04-2018, 05:42 PM
I must admit that I didn't have a clue what it was about either but I clapped anyway.

Not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek?

Sir David Gray
30-04-2018, 05:47 PM

Not sure it is.

There's so many applauses these days and many of them aren't well publicised so people don't know about them but still join in because it's the right thing to do.

ruthven_raiders
30-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Don't think it was tongue in cheek, I was in West upper didn't have a clue what was happening and never clapped. Usually I keep an eye out on here for minutes applause requests...but didn't know of any for the match.
If I had of known I most certainly would have joined in. Glad to hear that she got immediate help and hope she is recovering in hospital.

lord bunberry
30-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Not sure it is.

There's so many applauses these days and many of them aren't well publicised so people don't know about them but still join in because it's the right thing to do.
I was in that position. The first I heard about the lady collapsing was when I read it on here. I also applauded thinking it was arranged and I just hadn’t heard about it.

hibby6270
30-04-2018, 05:55 PM

Don’t think so. As I said earlier, those around me had no idea what it was for. Vast majority didn’t join in but one or two did, even though they weren’t sure why. As SDG says, a minutes applause is quite a regular event these days and usually most fans know when and why it’s going to occur. The stadium announcer sometimes even announces it’s going to happen.

In Saturday’s case it was spontaneous and unexpected by many and those who didn’t participate were by no means being discourteous to what was happening out of their view.

Sir David Gray
30-04-2018, 06:00 PM
I was in that position. The first I heard about the lady collapsing was when I read it on here. I also applauded thinking it was arranged and I just hadn’t heard about it.

I think most people in the west stand would have been in that position (I'm assuming that's where you sit) unless you were right next to the incident.

From my view from the east stand, it really was quite distressing watching it unfold, particularly when the CPR started.

iwasthere1972
30-04-2018, 06:11 PM

As I said, I didn't know what the clapping was for. I'm sure that I wasn't the only one. Normally I would read something on here beforehand so just thought that I had missed it. Had no idea what was going on in the stadium so no it wasn't tongue in cheek.