PDA

View Full Version : Palace NHC

wpj
29-04-2018, 07:34 AM
Happy for Crystal Palace and also Roy Hodgson. A genuine nice guy and good manager who suffered at the hands of the red top tabloids.

One Day
29-04-2018, 07:56 AM
Happy for Crystal Palace and also Roy Hodgson. A genuine nice guy and good manager who suffered at the hands of the red top tabloids.

Always comes across as a genuine guy

jacomo
29-04-2018, 08:09 AM

I’m minded to agree, but the aftermath of that Iceland game showed him up a bit. Should have taken responsibility like a proper leader.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2018, 08:13 AM
He got a lot of really unfair and personal stick when he took over and had proved almost everyone wrong. Good on him.

Sonewhat related but how well has Darren Moore done at West Brom? There fans must be wondering what might have been if they had sacked that cock Pardew sooner.

SChibs
29-04-2018, 08:14 AM
Great fans at palace so I like to see them do well.

LustForLeith
29-04-2018, 08:49 AM
He got a lot of really unfair and personal stick when he took over and had proved almost everyone wrong. Good on him.

Sonewhat related but how well has Darren Moore done at West Brom? There fans must be wondering what might have been if they had sacked that cock Pardew sooner.

I was thinking the same about Moore. In this day and age, especially in the Prwmier, there’s a clamour for a top name manager. He’s proving many of them wrong.

wpj
29-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Yes he has done brilliant at West Brom. There was an article in the evening standard down here suggesting the players didn't show up for Pardew. Personally I think it was his job to have them motivated? I just can't take to Pardew or his philosophy.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Somewhat related but how well has Darren Moore done at West Brom? There fans must be wondering what might have been if they had sacked that cock Pardew sooner.

Too right

4 games and 8 points

iwasthere1972
29-04-2018, 11:37 AM

I think Pardew had the same affect on the West Brom players as Butcher had on Hibs.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Agree with this, a genuinely nice guy let down by his players at the Euros in an Ally MacLeod Argentina sort of way. Really pleased to see him do well and especially at Palace who under him seem to be determined to play open attractive football. I like their fans as well, they have stuck with the team all season and given them tremendous backing, but not in that corporate sanitised sort of way .... you always get the feeling that some clubs in the EPL provide their fans with the banners and flags, but the Palace lads ( and lassies ) seem more like our 'Since 1875'

As mentioned elsewhere, shout out to the lad at West Brom .... forget the Bread man, he does seem to have a magic wand :greengrin