PDA

View Full Version : If we didn't beat Celtc

Hulk1875
29-04-2018, 12:06 AM
I didn't think that Celtic game was a must win, I did fancy us picking up at least a point. But after The 2 games of we didn't win it would be 3 behind the rangers and 6 behind Aberdeen,

Diclonius
29-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Keep in mind that Aberdeen effectively finish the season early after their game with us, given their last two games are against the OF. Therefore, if we pick up six points in our last three games we'll be third at least.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Keep in mind that Aberdeen effectively finish the season early after their game with us, given their last two games are against the OF. Therefore, if we pick up six points in our last three games we'll be third at least.

I wouldn’t bet against Aberdeen taking points in those games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
29-04-2018, 12:31 AM

Or beating us next week!

Sir David Gray
29-04-2018, 12:41 AM

Aberdeen will get nothing from the Old Firm as per usual.

Their record against both halves is honking.

If we win next weekend we'll finish above them.

pacorosssco
29-04-2018, 01:50 AM

They are due a win over huns and game v celtic who will rest players for cup final

Onceinawhile
29-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Celtic get the league trophy that day. No chance Aberdeen are winning at Celtic park.

Diclonius
29-04-2018, 10:16 AM
They are due a win over huns and game v celtic who will rest players for cup final

The OF could play 11 traffic cones and Aberdeen would still find a way to lose.

overdrive
29-04-2018, 10:19 AM
I think we need to at least draw against Aberdeen and win our other two games to get 2nd.

Wilson
29-04-2018, 10:46 AM
I didn't think that Celtic game was a must win, I did fancy us picking up at least a point. But after The 2 games of we didn't win it would be 3 behind the rangers and 6 behind Aberdeen,

Killies performance against us makes their showing against Aberdeen all the more disappointing.

Hearts have nothing to offer in any games except they will make an effort in the derby.

It goes to show we really can't count on favours from elsewhere. Winning all our own games is all we can do.

snooky
29-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Killies performance against us makes their showing against Aberdeen all the more disappointing.

Hearts have nothing to offer in any games except they will make an effort in the derby.

It goes to show we really can't count on favours from elsewhere. Winning all our own games is all we can do.

If we win our remaining games I would be more than pleased no matter how other results pan out. It's been a fantastic season for us.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-04-2018, 11:00 AM
If we win our remaining games I would be more than pleased no matter how other results pan out. It's been a fantastic season for us.

:agree: Exactly. Second or third would be great but if we finish fourth it's still been a great season in the league.

Nicho87
29-04-2018, 03:48 PM
I'm going to predict
Aberdeen
Aberdeen 2-1 Hibs
Aberdeen win v sevco
Lose at celtic

Sevco
Win v Killie
Lose at sheep
Lose at hibs

Hibs
Lose at sheep
Draw at tynie
Win v sevco

Aberdeen. 74
Hibs. 69
Sevco. 68

If we could take a point against the sheep we would go in to derby having to win to have a shot at second on the final day and it coming down to goal difference

B.H.F.C
29-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Aberdeen will get nothing from the Old Firm as per usual.

Their record against both halves is honking.

If we win next weekend we'll finish above them.

They’ll lose at Parkhead. There is a more than fair chance that even they could take something from The Rangers though. Therefore, we cannot lose to them next week. If we do I don’t think we’ll catch them. A point isn’t a disaster. Win and I think we’ll finish above them.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2018, 03:56 PM
They’ll lose at Parkhead. There is a more than fair chance that even they could take something from The Rangers though. Therefore, we cannot lose to them next week. If we do I don’t think we’ll catch them. A point isn’t a disaster. Win and I think we’ll finish above them.

Week before the cup final, Celtic will want all their big guns match fit for the final

HibsNutter
29-04-2018, 04:00 PM
We are capable of beating Aberdeen and will set up to do so but a draw would be a good result. Would keep us three points behind with a goal or two in it. If we can win our next two and Celtic beat Aberdeen we will finish second.

Nutmegged
29-04-2018, 04:01 PM
I fancy Aberdeen to beat the huns, they've been badly exposed for what they are and the Dons are due a result, I think the least we'll get at Pittodrie is a draw

IGRIGI
29-04-2018, 04:04 PM
I think the win vs Celtic was needed to have a chance at 2nd seeing as Killie and Hearts are doing us no favours vs the sheep and the Thes.

Get at least a draw at Pittodrie and I'd have us as favourites for 2nd.

hibee1875
29-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Week before the cup final, Celtic will want all their big guns match fit for the final

Celtic players who didn't start today -

Simunovic
Roberts
Armstrong
Kouassi
Griffiths
Dembele
Sinclair
Biton

They have so much strength in depth that a weakened team should still have enough to see off Aberdeen. And there will be squad players playing for final places.

H18 SFR
29-04-2018, 04:06 PM

The have recovered from the cup exit with wins against Killie and Hearts.

Makes me think they might get over the line into second leaving us to take care of Rangers.

Tug Wilson
29-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Game against Aberdeen is so hard to call. They are obviously the best team of the 3 we have still to play. We will do well to get any points from that game.

So we could see us with 65 and Aberdeen with 71 and only 2 games to go. We would have to Tynecastle and win and then beat The Rangers in the last game and hope Aberdeen lose both games against the Uglies. We would both be on 71 and GD would decide. Trouble is that The Rangers are likely to beat Killie and will, in this scenario, have also beaten Aberdeen and be on 71 points with much better GD.

Therefore if we lose to Aberdeen then we are going to be lucky to even get 3rd.

SChibs
29-04-2018, 04:42 PM

If we win out last 3 games that would be 5 wins from 5 top 6 fixtures. It's probably happened before but can anyone confirm?

JimBHibees
29-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Game against Aberdeen is so hard to call. They are obviously the best team of the 3 we have still to play. We will do well to get any points from that game.

So we could see us with 65 and Aberdeen with 71 and only 2 games to go. We would have to Tynecastle and win and then beat The Rangers in the last game and hope Aberdeen lose both games against the Uglies. We would both be on 71 and GD would decide. Trouble is that The Rangers are likely to beat Killie and will, in this scenario, have also beaten Aberdeen and be on 71 points with much better GD.

Therefore if we lose to Aberdeen then we are going to be lucky to even get 3rd.

Not convinced at all with that. Simply Killie are better.

ancient hibee
29-04-2018, 04:58 PM
If Killie play against Rangers like they did yesterday they have every chance.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Celtic players who didn't start today -

Simunovic
Roberts
Armstrong
Kouassi
Griffiths
Dembele
Sinclair
Biton

They have so much strength in depth that a weakened team should still have enough to see off Aberdeen. And there will be squad players playing for final places.

Rodgers said that Armstrong would be fit to play next week against Hearts

Mibbes Aye
29-04-2018, 05:04 PM
If we win out last 3 games that would be 5 wins from 5 top 6 fixtures. It's probably happened before but can anyone confirm?

Did Celtc not do it last season?

I can't remember if there was a predictions thread at the start of this season but I'd be astonished if many thought it would be quite as successful as this - with three games remaining we are guaranteed fourth and have a credible chance of second.

Tremendous first season back

Mibbes Aye
29-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Just looking at the table and if Saint Johnstone beat Motherwell next weekend and then they both win their remaining games, they will finish on more points than HOMFC currently have, albeit in the bottom half.

HOMFC have Celtc and us at home, and Killie away. If the above scenario unfolded, the vagaries of goal difference come into it but they would want three points to be certain of finishing 'ahead' of Motherwell and Saints, though two would probably see them clear of Saints. By the same token they could easily take a point or nothing from their run-in.

HOMFC finishing bottom of the top six and out-pointed by the seventh and eight-placed teams? Make it so :agree: :greengrin

wookie70
29-04-2018, 05:59 PM
I think Aberdeen will take at least a point from the Thes. Their record isn't that bad at home against them according to be mate who is a Dons fan. I think everything is down to us. Win the last three and the rest should take care of itself. I doubt the Thes will win all three and if we beat the Dons it is in our hands in terms of finishing above them. We have to be very confident in the two games outwith the Dons game given how we have played this year and particularly as we have found form and have some movement and goalscorers. We are a totally different side since Stokes was emptied and we actually have strikers that play up front and move around.

jacomo
29-04-2018, 07:12 PM

A few folks struggling with the top six format here.

If we win our remaining games we finish 2nd!

Sir David Gray
29-04-2018, 07:23 PM
A few folks struggling with the top six format here.

If we win our remaining games we finish 2nd!

Not necessarily.

Aberdeen could win their other two games and finish 2nd on goal difference.

Pete
29-04-2018, 07:26 PM
If we win our remaining games we’re guaranteed to finish in the European places. At least third.

O'Rourke3
29-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Thought the thread title was a play on the song last week e.g. If we didn't beat the Celtc we'd be Dons/Huns :faf:

hibby6270
29-04-2018, 10:57 PM
If Killie play against Rangers like they did yesterday they have every chance.

True but remember, yesterday Killie still had something to play for (4th place was still possible if they won) so were up for the fight. Now that 4th is out of their reach, they might take their foot off the pedal.
Ourselves, Aberdeen and The Rangers are still in a dogfight for how 2nd, 3rd and 4th will end up, so there should be more “fight” from all 3 until it’s settled. There’s no doubt we definitely are up for it!!

jacomo
29-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Not necessarily.

Aberdeen could win their other two games and finish 2nd on goal difference.

Ok fair point. I’d take that as a very honourable defeat.

But we’ve almost closed the gap on goal difference too.

spike220
29-04-2018, 11:02 PM
My auntie would be my uncle....

hibbysam
30-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Ok fair point. I’d take that as a very honourable defeat.

But we’ve almost closed the gap on goal difference too.

We have closed the gap. If we beat Aberdeen then we have a better goal difference than them. They’d then have to beat rangers and Celtic by more than we beat hearts and rangers. Unlikely.

Ronniekirk
30-04-2018, 07:31 AM
True but remember, yesterday Killie still had something to play for (4th place was still possible if they won) so were up for the fight. Now that 4th is out of their reach, they might take their foot off the pedal.
Ourselves, Aberdeen and The Rangers are still in a dogfight for how 2nd, 3rd and 4th will end up, so there should be more “fight” from all 3 until it’s settled. There’s no doubt we definitely are up for it!!

I thought the fixtures disadvantaged us as it was likely every team who we were playing would have something to play for whereas as you say Killie now may give some young players there chance and Celtic will rest players for the final
But we have risen to the challenge and it's brought the best out of us so far
The only wee concern now is the three games in a week and injuries and any suspensions But to date we have handled that as well

hibee1875
30-04-2018, 07:42 AM
I thought the fixtures disadvantaged us as it was likely every team who we were playing would have something to play for whereas as you say Killie now may give some young players there chance and Celtic will rest players for the final
The only wee concern now is the three games in a week and injuries and any suspensions But to date we have handled that as well

Who's suspended?

Only injury concern is Dylan but that's just a case of getting him comfortable in his mask

Ronniekirk
30-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Who's suspended?

Only injury concern is Dylan but that's just a case of getting him comfortable in his mask

No one that I know for Aberdeen game Mcginn picked up another booking but haven't checked to see if anyone is one booking away from a suspension
Anyone know if someone is

Ozyhibby
30-04-2018, 08:36 AM
No one that I know for Aberdeen game Mcginn picked up another booking but haven't checked to see if anyone is one booking away from a suspension
Anyone know if someone is

The only way we can have suspensions now is if we have red cards.
Sevco have Morelos and McCrorie suspended against us.

euro Hibby
30-04-2018, 09:31 AM
celtic still have a cup final so they will not lift the foot of the gas......they want the treble. Killie I think will not want to let the season finish without a bang and another beating of Rangers
at Ibrox would be just dandy ! Play to our form..2nd place is ours.........

Borderhibbie76
30-04-2018, 09:47 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't think Killie will fade away...they have had a great season and won't want to finish on a low

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
05-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Just looking at the table and if Saint Johnstone beat Motherwell next weekend and then they both win their remaining games, they will finish on more points than HOMFC currently have, albeit in the bottom half.

HOMFC have Celtc and us at home, and Killie away. If the above scenario unfolded, the vagaries of goal difference come into it but they would want three points to be certain of finishing 'ahead' of Motherwell and Saints, though two would probably see them clear of Saints. By the same token they could easily take a point or nothing from their run-in.

HOMFC finishing bottom of the top six and out-pointed by the seventh and eight-placed teams? Make it so :agree: :greengrin

Step one achieved (and in some style!)

Next step is Tuesday evening, with both Saints and Motherwell playing away.

Wilson
05-05-2018, 08:43 PM
Don't think Killie will fade away...they have had a great season and won't want to finish on a low

Wrong.

Borderhibbie76
05-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Wrong.By all accounts they were extremely unlucky today...but it obviously gives you pleasure digging out old posts

Mibbes Aye
06-05-2018, 03:54 PM

I missed a step but HOMFC didn't, going down to Celtc today.

'Mon the Saints and Motherwell on Tuesday night :greengrin

Wilson
06-05-2018, 04:17 PM
By all accounts they were extremely unlucky today...but it obviously gives you pleasure digging out old posts

Aye, but not much :aok:

Mibbes Aye
08-05-2018, 08:55 PM

I missed a step but HOMFC didn't, going down to Celtc today.

'Mon the Saints and Motherwell on Tuesday night :greengrin

Game on!!!

I read some posters saying they're not bothered about where HOMFC finish.

I disagree. I look forward to them struggling to finish 'seventh' or 'eighth' and consoling themselves they are 'top six'.