PDA

View Full Version : 3 points

Hibbyradge
28-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Anyone think we'll get 3 points at Pitoddrie next week?

jacomo
28-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Sure. We have momentum and beat them well at ER.

Every reason to be confident, although they are pretty formidable on their home turf.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 10:01 PM
A big ask but we can do it, Aberdeen are hard to beat at home. We need to defend better than today though. Hopefully Efe is not up against GMS next week, he ripped him a new one last time, we could do with having Dylan back as well.

one day maybe...
28-04-2018, 10:03 PM
I’ll be in the Dons end sitting on my hands trying hard not to celebrate out loud if we score 🤪

B.H.F.C
We can. We’re a different side to the one that went there in December.

Even though we are behind them, I think it’s more ‘must not lose’ than ‘must win’ because we’ve managed to get six points post split. They play The Rangers and Celtic in their last two games so we just need to make sure they don’t get away from us because they’ll get 3 points maximum from those two games.

Pretty Boy
We’ll give them a game.

I think a draw could be good enough as I can’t see them winning either of their last 2. A draw and beat Hearts and Rangers and we’ll finish above Aberdeen imo.

It’s easy to say that and another thing to actually do any of it but I think we really can’t underestimate how good this Hibs team is. If we had the team we have now since the start of the season we’d already be clear on our win in 2nd.

El Gubbz
A big ask but we can do it, Aberdeen are hard to beat at home. We need to defend better than today though. Hopefully Efe is not up against GMS next week, he ripped him a new one last time, we could do with having Dylan back as well.

Dylan potentially out for the rest of the season for his eye injury is what I’ve heard

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 10:05 PM
I’ll be in the Dons end sitting on my hands trying hard not to celebrate out loud if we score ��

Why not just buy a ticket for the Hibs end? Still about 500 left!

1van Sprou7e
28-04-2018, 10:06 PM

Efe are gms for lunch last time

He was shocking at pittodrie but the whole team was

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Definitely maybe

Folks seem to refer back to the last Pittodrie game (4-1 to them and definitely one to forget) and seem to think that will have a baring on the upcoming match

You simply can’t ignore Aberdeen will have to go up a gear (they’ve only played Killie and Hearts - arguably the easier games in the top 6) and they’re not fancy a hibs team who are in their 3 game in 6 days (us having faced Celtic (2-2) and rangers (1-2) days before. Yes they also had games before the 1st away meeting but they had 48 hours more and far easier opposition

I, in my alcohol state, reckon we’ll do well

Ggtth

one day maybe...
28-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Why not just buy a ticket for the Hibs end? Still abut 500 left!

They’re not on public sale so I presumed season ticket holders would have bought them all up. If they go on public sale I’ll buy for our end

Ryan69
28-04-2018, 10:09 PM

It's definitely possible...but will be a very tough game.

This team...just have something about them though!

Mostteams would buckle....But WE prove strength,guts and determination every week at the moment.
Aberdeen....are no Barcelona!

We lost bad goals today! If we score more....I'm happy with that!

Callum_62
28-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Dylan potentially out for the rest of the season for his eye injury is what I’ve heard

Really - heard he was touch and go for today but wasnt risked

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 10:10 PM
They’re not on public sale so I presumed season ticket holders would have bought them all up. If they go on public sale I’ll buy for our end

Tuesday I think the public sale starts, you'll get one online if you're online sharp.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Same here, thought he was getting a protective mask to enable him to play next week?

Nevi_SOL
28-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Aberdeen 1 - 2 Hibernian
Hearts 1 - 1 Hibernian
Hibernian 3 - 0 Rangers

2nd secured :aok:

ElginHibbie
28-04-2018, 10:13 PM
They are strong at home but do not do well under pressure and this starts their run of 3 high pressure games, lose this and could make them favourites for 4th. They will also be missing McLean which won't help them

We have momentum, know we can beat them and after the last performance there the players will have something to prove (I am sure Lennon will be making that point during the week)

Can we? Of course!

Will we? All I am hoping for is better than last time!

one day maybe...
28-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Tuesday I think the public sale starts, you'll get one online if you're online sharp.

Cheers

Hibbyradge
28-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Aberdeen 1 - 2 Hibernian
Hearts 1 - 1 Hibernian
Hibernian 3 - 0 Rangers

2nd secured :aok:

You've got to bet that now. 😁

Kojock
28-04-2018, 10:45 PM
We can. We’re a different side to the one that went there in December.

Even though we are behind them, I think it’s more ‘must not lose’ than ‘must win’ because we’ve managed to get six points post split. They play The Rangers and Celtic in their last two games so we just need to make sure they don’t get away from us because they’ll get 3 points maximum from those two games.

You can't get three points from two games. It's either 0, 1, 2, 4 or 6

Jonnyboy
28-04-2018, 10:47 PM
You can't get three points from two games.

You can if you lose one of them :wink:

B.H.F.C
28-04-2018, 10:48 PM
You can't get three points from two games.

You sure?

Kojock
28-04-2018, 10:51 PM
You sure?

Doh!! That's why you shouldn't post on an empty head. 😂

Kojock
28-04-2018, 10:53 PM
You can if you lose one of them :wink:

In Tenerife on an all inclusive doesn't bode well for thinking 😂

Ronniekirk
28-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Yes it's going to be a difficult game and Ambrose if pushed out wide is always going to result in teams getting chances
But Lennon has them up for going for Second spot and in that context we need the win I think and we have every chance of doing that
Aberdeen will think the same So could be another high scoring game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Badger
28-04-2018, 11:12 PM

Yes. Hope the players do too.

Austinho
28-04-2018, 11:51 PM
They have Kenny McLean suspended apparently, which is a positive.

Hermit Crab
29-04-2018, 12:16 AM
They have Kenny McLean suspended apparently, which is a positive.

They've got Ryan Christie to play instead of him though.

MWHIBBIES
29-04-2018, 12:23 AM
They've got Ryan Christie to play instead of him though.

Very different players. Like replacing McGeouch with Allan

Hermit Crab
29-04-2018, 12:31 AM
Very different players. Like replacing McGeouch with Allan

Still a more than good enough replacement imo.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Its going to be tough for sure, they have a tremendous home record but then our away record is pretty damned good as well, with Pittodrie last time out being the only real stain on that record .... IMO we had our worst display of the season that afternoon and they had one of their best, I don't think Hibs can be that bad again and I doubt Aberdeen can play any better than they did that day ..... this one is too close to call for me.

A draw might be good enough .... if we can get to the last day of the season needing a win against Sevco to make second that will do for me :thumbsup:

pacorosssco
29-04-2018, 01:39 AM

We can win but a funny game. They will play to not lose but if game tight do we go for it or take draw. We just can't can't lose if want to catch but a draw no disaster. Wish was at er as record there is pony

telford hibbee
29-04-2018, 06:37 AM
lennon said pre match yesterday that the mask for dylans protection only came on friday and dylan wasnt comfortable with it yet. Dont know if that means he will get comfortable with it in time or just not happy to wear it.

IGRIGI
29-04-2018, 06:54 AM
We're definitely capable but I would take a draw now as I think that would be enough to finish above them as their arse will collapse as per usual against the Thes and Celtic.

That leaves winnable games against Hearts and Rangers which if won gets us 2nd.

erin go bragh
29-04-2018, 08:27 AM
Lennon had said pre match . They were waiting on a mask for Dylan. So sounds like he should be available for the Aberdeen game .

givescotlandfreedom
29-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Aberdeen are bottle merchants. If we look like turning the screw for second they will fold.

Hibee Mac
29-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Lennon had said pre match . They were waiting on a mask for Dylan. So sounds like he should be available for the Aberdeen game .

He said on the radio before the game that the mask arrived that morning/day before and Dylan wasn't comfortable wearing it yet so it wasn't risked.

So IMO he'll be out the rest of the season unless he feels totally comfortable playing 100% in it

green day
29-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Form guide going into the match v sheep -

Pish, dont know why its so small, but we are at the top last ten matches !!

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-04-2018, 08:44 AM
We’ll give them a game.

I think a draw could be good enough as I can’t see them winning either of their last 2. A draw and beat Hearts and Rangers and we’ll finish above Aberdeen imo.

It’s easy to say that and another thing to actually do any of it but I think we really can’t underestimate how good this Hibs team is. If we had the team we have now since the start of the season we’d already be clear on our win in 2nd.

I genuinely think we’d be challenging for 1st if we’d had this team from August

erin go bragh
29-04-2018, 08:44 AM
He said on the radio before the game that the mask arrived that morning/day before and Dylan wasn't comfortable wearing it yet so it wasn't risked.

So IMO he'll be out the rest of the season unless he feels totally comfortable playing 100% in it
Right mate . I must have heard an earlier interview.
No the best news but we managed fine yesterday without him .
Was a bit surprised that Swanson didn’t start but in Lennon we trust .

Dashing Bob S
29-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Could easily or lose two out of our three games (think the worst that can happen v Hearts is a draw) but could equally win all three. This is what makes such an intriguing end to the season.

Not convinced of this lazy 'A'deen bottle merchants' tag. They didn't bottle it in the cup semi last season when we ought to have won - they hung in there and ground out a result. They've folded against Celtic home and away and the Huns at Ibrox, but Motherwell excepted, they tend to blow hot and cold rather than totally capitulate in big games. If we solely rely on them bottling it, we could be in for a disappointment. We, on the other hand, are notorious for underperforming at Pittodrie.

makaveli1875
29-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Aberdeen have a good team , i think we have the players to beat them though . Jamie and Flo are a handful and SJM and Allan were unplayable at times yesterday . 3-1 hibs