PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon = incredible job he has done & will continue to do at Easter Road

CathroMustStay
28-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Current record = P89 W47 (52.8%) D27 (30.3%) L15 (16.9%)

*2017/18 = P35 W18 D11 L6 Pts 65 GD +17 (00/01 season = P35 W18 D11 L6 Pts 65 GD +29)*

After 35 league games, we have 5 points more than we did in Mogga's 1st season, 9 more than Mogga's 2nd season, 15 more than Yogi's 1st season, 23 more than Fenlon's 2012/13 season, 31 more than our last top flight campaign (Butcher = :sick:) & an astonishing 38 more than 2011/12 under Calderwood/Fenlon!

As a newly promoted side, we've secured a top 4 finish with 3 games spare. Also 19 points ahead of Levein's diet-hun mediocrities! #NaturalOrder :lolyam:

If we can finish top 3 (Sevco 4th :wink: ) with 67+ points, it would outline our club's best league season for 43 years when Eddie Turnbull's men finished second ahead of Jock Stein's Lisbon Lions, who were going for 10IAR!

Long may Lenny reign over Easter Road & let's sell every last ticket for the Sevco game!

:nlgwa

Ryan69
28-04-2018, 07:55 PM

*2017/18 = P35 W18 D11 L6 Pts 65 GD +17 (00/01 season = P35 W18 D11 L6 Pts 65 GD +29)*

After 35 league games, we have 5 points more than we did in Mogga's 1st season, 9 more than Mogga's 2nd season, 15 more than Yogi's 1st season, 23 more than Fenlon's 2012/13 season, 31 more than our last top flight campaign (Butcher = :sick:) & an astonishing 38 more than 2011/12 under Calderwood/Fenlon!

As a newly promoted side, we've secured a top 4 finish with 3 games spare. Also 19 points ahead of Levein's diet-hun mediocrities! #NaturalOrder :lolyam:

If we can finish top 3 (Sevco 4th :wink: ) with 67+ points, it would outline our club's best league season for 43 years when Eddie Turnbull's men finished second ahead of Jock Stein's Lisbon Lions, who were going for 10IAR!

Long may Lenny reign over Easter Road & let's sell every last ticket for the Sevco game!

Like him or loathe him...Lennon is a winner!

I wouldnt swap him for Mourinho tobe honest!

Eesti
28-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Cant remember in my time supporting Hibs that Ive had so many weekends feeling superb after Hibs games. Been following Hibs since 1978. Was not particularly fussed about Lennon being appointed. Its the best thing thats happened to the club.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2018, 08:00 PM
When you put it like that he’s alright I suppose.

Alan Stubbs done a fantastic job at Hibs and the support network in place for the manager now is second to none. Neil Lennon has taken us on to another level though. I have had doubts along the way, I thought we weren’t particularly good to watch last season but it was effective, we had a wee sticky spell this season and I said he had questions to answer. He has more than answered them, the run of form we are on, the points we have won and the performances we are putting in are as good as I have ever seen from Hibs.

He’s a winner and he demands his players are winners. It’s a great time to be a Hibs fan and Neil Lennon is a huge part of that. Great manager and a great guy.

adhibs
28-04-2018, 08:31 PM
We should be offering him a fortune in the summer to sign up long term.

Johnny Clash
28-04-2018, 10:23 PM

Totally agree with that. The longer we can keep Neil at the club the stronger we’ll become.

jacomo
29-04-2018, 08:18 AM

He’s already signed one extension to his contract.

Lenny seems to understand where we are in terms of finances. Like any other ambitious manager, he will want to see us do all we can to put together the strongest possible squad - and I’m sure we will do that.

Ozyhibby
29-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Hasn’t he just signed a new deal this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
29-04-2018, 01:06 PM
God I hope he stays and we can challenge the Hoops. Fed up with them monopolising everything.

Johnny Clash
10-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Let’s not forget these facts posted 12 days ago!!

jax67
10-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Cant remember in my time supporting Hibs that Ive had so many weekends feeling superb after Hibs games. Been following Hibs since 1978. Was not particularly fussed about Lennon being appointed. Its the best thing thats happened to the club.

This. Just change 1978 to 1972. Love Lennon!!

One Day Soon
10-05-2018, 11:57 AM
This. Just change 1978 to 1972. Love Lennon!!

We're incredibly lucky to have him.

scoopyboy
10-05-2018, 02:03 PM
One of the things for me that is upsetting NL is the difference between 2nd and 5th in terms of money that was to be reinvested in his budget.

He knew of this prior to the split, very quickly the possibility of 5th was put to bed so it came down to 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Now it is 4th and this could make the difference between him signing Kamberi for example and not getting him.

I think a realisation struck home last night at full time with him.

Stranraer
10-05-2018, 02:39 PM
We'll never have another manager with that passion and drive. I think we're very fortunate to have him at the helm.

lyonhibs
10-05-2018, 02:56 PM
One of the things for me that is upsetting NL is the difference between 2nd and 5th in terms of money that was to be reinvested in his budget.

He knew of this prior to the split, very quickly the possibility of 5th was put to bed so it came down to 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Now it is 4th and this could make the difference between him signing Kamberi for example and not getting him.

I think a realisation struck home last night at full time with him.

With the vastly increased takings on a weekly basis from ticket sales, increasing (albeit gradually) HSL contributions and all the other revenue streams that I'm sure will be up on last season - hospitality, club shop (though not sure how that works with the folk running it) etc I don't think the difference in prize money between 2nd and 4th (whilst no doubt sizeable and a pain in the arse to not have the chance to get the higher amount) will leave us massively hamstrung or weak players in the summer transfer window.

I understand there's other places that that money has to go as well as the manager's transfer budget but I'm looking forward to the summer transfer window for a change. I think we'll keep at least 1 of Kamberi and MacClaren.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 03:57 PM
I hope he gets a huge reception on Sunday.

He's not handled it greatly and I'm not sure questioning players professionalism is the right way to go about things but it's nice to see a Hibs manager not satisfied with 4th. He made an error last night, that's interview and tactics imo, but he's been great for us and deserves a bit backing.

Both Lennon and the players have made it a memorable 1st season back and I'll be giving them the ovation their work deserves on Sunday. Of course there will be a bit disappointment that we couldn't get over the line to finish 2nd but for most of the time I've supported Hibs 4th would have been seen as a great achievement rather than a failure so it's all relative.

Gerard
10-05-2018, 06:29 PM
I think we must do everything that the club is able to do to keep NL as the HC

Joe Baker2
10-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Souter96Mac
10-05-2018, 06:42 PM
He got over emotional last night, and I think it was more a message to the board if anything to back him in summer. I for one love his must win attitude. We're only one point off having the highest points total in a season in my lifetime. For too long we've either had an outright rubbish side (pre-relegation), or even when we had a decent side, we didn't have a strong enough mentality. We now have this. Yes last night was disappointing, but we've had an incredible season. We've beaten the Huns twice so far, hearts twice, aberdeen convincingly, beating and also matching celtic on numerous occasions. We've made a cup semi final, and finished 4th in a tough league, which hopefully should grant us Europe. There's certainly been a lot more ups and than downs this season, and I'd take this again any season. Hope Neil stays.

weecounty hibby
10-05-2018, 06:56 PM
I hope he gets a huge reception on Sunday.

He's not handled it greatly and I'm not sure questioning players professionalism is the right way to go about things but it's nice to see a Hibs manager not satisfied with 4th. He made an error last night, that's interview and tactics imo, but he's been great for us and deserves a bit backing.

Both Lennon and the players have made it a memorable 1st season back and I'll be giving them the ovation their work deserves on Sunday. Of course there will be a bit disappointment that we couldn't get over the line to finish 2nd but for most of the time I've supported Hibs 4th would have been seen as a great achievement rather than a failure so it's all relative.

Agree with all of that. He has been good for Hibs and Hibs have been good for Neil. Hope he stays around for a few years yet

CathroMustStay
10-05-2018, 07:23 PM

WestCoastHibby
10-05-2018, 10:49 PM
This post has just made me feel all warm and fuzzy. As someone brought up in Kilwinning I've supported Hibs all my days. Yes I can't go to many games but always been my team and they have done fantastically well under Lennon. He was hurting last night and the media are like flies on ***** today about his outburst but Neil can be proud of his achievements with this team GGTTH

ekhibee
10-05-2018, 11:24 PM
He got over emotional last night, and I think it was more a message to the board if anything to back him in summer. I for one love his must win attitude. We're only one point off having the highest points total in a season in my lifetime. For too long we've either had an outright rubbish side (pre-relegation), or even when we had a decent side, we didn't have a strong enough mentality. We now have this. Yes last night was disappointing, but we've had an incredible season. We've beaten the Huns twice so far, hearts twice, aberdeen convincingly, beating and also matching celtic on numerous occasions. We've made a cup semi final, and finished 4th in a tough league, which hopefully should grant us Europe. There's certainly been a lot more ups and than downs this season, and I'd take this again any season. Hope Neil stays.
This. Best post on the matter.

tonyrougier123
11-05-2018, 12:09 AM

I think your spot on with this post! Neil lennons vison of hibs is exactly the same as mine.its alright to question why we bother sometimes,ive done it for years but you go again and he will take the media attention on himself with his comments.the board has to back him get his top targets ,the mans a born winner and a gem of a manager.if youd told me id write this two years ago id have said nae danger.back him with everything!! Nlgawa

JimBHibees
11-05-2018, 06:00 AM

Great post Neil has done a brilliant job this season.