PDA

View Full Version : playing surface

crash
28-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Never seen much comment on our pitch, so I would just like to congratulate the groundsmen on producing an exceptional playing surface this season, the best I have seen in fifty years at Easter Road. Without this it would have been impossible to develop our attractive brand of football throughout a challenging season weather-wise. So well done guys👏
Pity we have to play our next two matches on potato fields.

HibeesLittleHel
28-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Never seen much comment on our pitch, so I would just like to congratulate the groundsmen on producing an exceptional playing surface this season, the best I have seen in fifty years at Easter Road. Without this it would have been impossible to develop our attractive brand of football throughout a challenging season weather-wise. So well done guys👏

This👍

iwasthere1972
28-04-2018, 06:04 PM

I was thinking exactly the same. To say that we are just one home game away from the end of the season, the pitch looks magnificent.

Well done to everyone concerned. I'm sure that the players appreciate playing on it opposed to the plastic pitches and tattie fields that other clubs have.

Golden Bear
28-04-2018, 06:07 PM

I concur.

The playing surface held up well even throughout the winter months so congratulations to everyone involved.

Lago
28-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Just finished watching the game on Alba & both my wife & I commented in unison " the pitch looks fantastic" :agree:

Joe6-2
28-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Pitch looks fantastic, especially this late in the season. even more so when you see the other bare crappy pitches in the league

Onion
28-04-2018, 07:38 PM

Good shout :aok:

Hibby70
28-04-2018, 07:48 PM
The Aberdeen pitch looked ok on Friday night.

Have they relaid their pitch? Was no grass at all the last time I watched a game at pittodrie

CMurdoch
28-04-2018, 07:52 PM

The pitch has been great since Tam became the kit man :wink:

NthCarolinaHibs
28-04-2018, 09:19 PM
The Aberdeen pitch looked ok on Friday night.

Have they relaid their pitch? Was no grass at all the last time I watched a game at pittodrie

Said that in the boozer too..no even Percy Thrower could have made that difference in just a few weeks.. goalmouth looked almost as good as Easter Roads...

JoeT_WasTheBest
28-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Said that in the boozer too..no even Percy Thrower could have made that difference in just a few weeks.. goalmouth looked almost as good as Easter Roads...

They’ve invested in a set of those lamps that we also have. Obviously made a difference to theirs and working on ours too.

RoYO!
28-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Absolutely worth a congratulations from one and all.

It's not a hybrid and we don't use heat lamps- afaik, so an incredible job done!

Forza Fred
28-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Pitch looked superb on Hibs TV last night.

I can’t remember a time when there has been LESS moaning from us on this forum.

Surely their must be SOMETHING we are not doing well and can have a gripe about? :greengrin

EVENTUALLY
29-04-2018, 07:27 AM

It's not a hybrid and we don't use heat lamps- afaik, so an incredible job done!

A small setup was in use and spotted on the night of the last AGM.

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 07:40 AM
A small setup was in use and spotted on the night of the last AGM.

Good to know. The goal mouths looked incredible for this stage of the season.

J-C
29-04-2018, 09:17 AM
It could also be down to only using ER on game days, everything else is done at East Mains.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2018, 09:44 AM

We use lamps...

Wilson
29-04-2018, 09:48 AM
We use lamps...

I love lamp.

Well done to the grounds staff.

stantonhibby
29-04-2018, 09:59 AM
I love lamp.

Well done to the grounds staff.

Brick !