PDA

View Full Version : The penalty incident

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 04:53 PM
What happened there? He seemed to give it, then the killie players went mad at the linesman and the ref changed his mind. It was very strange.

calumhibee1
28-04-2018, 04:54 PM
What happened there? He seemed to give it, then the killie players went mad at the linesman and the ref changed his mind. It was very strange.

That was pretty much it. To be fair (and it’s easy to say now we’ve won) but I think he eventually got the decision correct.

overdrive
28-04-2018, 04:56 PM
I think he misunderstood the linesman. I don’t think he was going to give it but the linesman has obviously said something through the earpiece. The linesman was shaking his head as if to say ‘no penalty’ from the get go though. Strange.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 05:01 PM
That was pretty much it. To be fair (and it’s easy to say now we’ve won) but I think he eventually got the decision correct.
I’m down the other end so I couldn’t really see if it was a penalty or not. I thought the ref made a few strange decisions today. I actually thought the first killie penalty shout was a penalty.

O'Rourke3
28-04-2018, 05:03 PM
Stonewall. Flo was tripped. Clearer than the one on Jones from my seat in the west.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
28-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I’m down the other end so I couldn’t really see if it was a penalty or not. I thought the ref made a few strange decisions today. I actually thought the first killie penalty shout was a penalty.

Just seen it on Alba, don’t think it was a pen for Killie.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Just seen it on Alba, don’t think it was a pen for Killie.
:agree: Just seen it as well.

Allant1981
28-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Stonewall. Flo was tripped. Clearer than the one on Jones from my seat in the west.

nope it wasnt, watch it on tv, looked like it in real time though

hibeg
28-04-2018, 05:15 PM

Didn't think it was a pen from upper FF, looked like Flo tripped himself. We will see later on Alba no doubt

SChibs
28-04-2018, 05:17 PM
I didn't think it was a pen. I think the ref misunderstood the linesman who was giving offside. Jones one not a pen either imo.

iwasthere1972
28-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Didn't think it was a penalty from where I sit behind the goals in the FF. Was surprised when ref pointed to penalty spot.

LithgaeHibby
28-04-2018, 05:28 PM
The ref seemed to be making up the rules as he went along. Decided to restart the game with a bounce ball!

California-Hibs
28-04-2018, 05:31 PM
It was a stonewaller guys, watching on HibsTV. Reply confirmed it, absolutely insane how he didn't point to the spot!!

JimBHibees
28-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Didn't think it was a pen from upper FF, looked like Flo tripped himself. We will see later on Alba no doubt

Agree from my view in ff upper never a pen.

JimBHibees
28-04-2018, 05:34 PM
It was a stonewaller guys, watching on HibsTV. Reply confirmed it, absolutely insane how he didn't point to the spot!!

That the jones one you are talking about.

we are hibs
28-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Kamberi' was a stonewall pen. I was in line with it

Allant1981
28-04-2018, 05:42 PM

pretty sure he tripped up

TRC
28-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Stone wall pen on Flo boys clipped his heels.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 05:44 PM
I think he got two penalty decisions wrong. The one with Jones early in the first half and the other with Kamberi in the second half. I felt they were both penalties.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 05:47 PM
I think he got two penalty decisions wrong. The one with Jones early in the first half and the other with Kamberi in the second half. I felt they were both penalties.
I’ve just watched the Jones one and it wasn’t a penalty. I thought it was at the game as well.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 05:50 PM
I’ve just watched the Jones one and it wasn’t a penalty. I thought it was at the game as well.

I missed the JJ incident on Alba, will need to see it again.

Bad Habits
28-04-2018, 05:54 PM
The Jones decision was correct, dived.

Ringothedog
28-04-2018, 05:57 PM

Right in front of me ours was theirs wasn’t.

California-Hibs
28-04-2018, 06:12 PM
That the jones one you are talking about.

No, Kamberi

Leith Green
28-04-2018, 06:13 PM
The Kamberi one was never a penalty to be honest , was right in front of me in the famous five and was quite simply not a penalty in a million years..

matty_f
28-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Kamberi had his heels clipped. Definite penalty.

speedy_gonzales
28-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Two things, firstly Kamberi was a penalty, secondly, why did no Hibs players contest the subsequent dropped ball in the box?

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Penalty. Absolutely no doubt

Keyser Sauzee
28-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Just watched it on Alba and the Killie defender gets a touch on the ball, defo not a penalty.

Allant1981
28-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Penalty. Absolutely no doubt

nope it wasnt

greenlex
28-04-2018, 07:00 PM
The ref sees the player clipping Kamberi and gives the pen. How can the linesman overturn it from his angle? It was a pen. No saying he tripped him deliberately but he did make contact before he’s near the ball. Ref was in a great position. Baffled how he changed his mind. He was poor all game.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 07:07 PM
nope it wasnt

What greenlex says. They only had 2 camera angles, both from behind, and it's a clip all day long

The ref sees the player clipping Kamberi and gives the pen. How can the linesman overturn it from his angle? It was a pen. No saying he tripped him deliberately but he did make contact before he’s near the ball. Ref was in a great position. Baffled how he changed his mind. He was poor all game.

Allant1981

the ref didnt give the penalty though, the ref was also a fair bit behind with players in front of him

Jack Hackett
the ref didnt give the penalty though, the ref was also a fair bit behind with players in front of him

He did

Allant1981
28-04-2018, 07:08 PM
He did

didnt look like it at the time so apologies if i missed it, i didnt think it was a penalty at the time bit havent seen it since

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 07:11 PM
didnt look like it at the time so apologies if i missed it, i didnt think it was a penalty at the time bit havent seen it since

There's lots of opinions on the incident... I just believe mine is the correct one :greengrin :wink:

Allant1981
28-04-2018, 07:11 PM
There's lots of opinions on the incident... I just believe mine is the correct one :greengrin :wink:

😁

Feed McGraw
28-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Penalty, said it at the match - saw it confirmed on tv.

emerald green
28-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Watched it on Alba. Kilmarnock defender clips Kamberi, from behind, bringing him down in the box. Clear penalty.

Cammy
28-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Watched it on Alba. Kilmarnock defender clips Kamberi, from behind, bringing him down in the box. Clear penalty.

:agree:
Definitely a penalty, clearly shows the defender clips Kamberi on Alba.

Spike Mandela
28-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Defender was cute, running alongside and leaving his left leg in a bit longer than necessary then acting all innocent.

Definite trip and penalty for me.

CentreLine
28-04-2018, 08:09 PM
But what about the Killie “4th” goal? I just couldn’t see what the infringement was. Was someone offside?

greenlex
28-04-2018, 08:27 PM
But what about the Killie “4th” goal? I just couldn’t see what the infringement was. Was someone offside?
Boyd clearly offside trying to poke home Rockys save.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Boys was clearly offside. I must admit I didn’t notice it the game despite being right in line with it.

Rocky
28-04-2018, 08:39 PM

I don't think being in line with it was the best angle to judge - I'm at south end of west which I appreciate is miles from incident but it looked to me that Flo's leg went across Killie guy and tripped himself.

Bizarrely when it got given I said to my boy I didn't think it was a pen, yet when ref changed his mind I was livid..

givescotlandfreedom
28-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Jones dived a he does most weeks.
Kamberi's was a blatant penalty. Heels clipped and a push in the back to make sure.

Crab apple
28-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Clear penalty. Robertson loves the attention and bottom line today he just wasn't very good at his job. I thought first half Killie got away with a lot and were overly physical. In years gone by we would have rolled over. This is a very different team.

AlbertK86
28-04-2018, 09:13 PM

Agree ... was right in front of us. Definitely a penalty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Cracking game today and so many incidents to discuss. I can’t believe anyone seeing it again on tv thinks it’s a penalty.

The left back gets his toe to the ball and knicks it away before any contact is made with Kamberi. He comes from Flo’s blind side.

Not a penalty. I think the Sportscene analysis will show that tomorrow too

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2018, 09:38 PM
If it was the other end I don’t think we’d have had much argument

The fact there are Hibees defending that useless excuse for a ref is baffling

Monts
29-04-2018, 12:22 AM
I thought it was a penalty at the time, and having seen it again, I still do.

Pete
29-04-2018, 12:56 AM
Not a penalty.

Players like him are an octave above our game but Others might have given that

It’s on the iPlayer if anyone wants to slow it down.

One Day Soon
29-04-2018, 01:13 AM
A stonewall penalty. That doesn't help The Statement FC though so not given.

Deansy
29-04-2018, 01:37 AM
Thought Kamberi's was a penalty at the time, albeit perhaps a soft one - watched the replay and in slo-mo and it's a definite penalty - Killie-player clipped his heel !

One Day
29-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Two things, firstly Kamberi was a penalty, secondly, why did no Hibs players contest the subsequent dropped ball in the box?

Said the same thing

weecounty hibby
29-04-2018, 07:32 AM
[/B]

Said the same thing

Cos they, like everyone else in ER including the ref, had no idea what was going on!

RoYO!
29-04-2018, 07:37 AM
Cracking game today and so many incidents to discuss. I can’t believe anyone seeing it again on tv thinks it’s a penalty.

The left back gets his toe to the ball and knicks it away before any contact is made with Kamberi. He comes from Flo’s blind side.

I've only seen it at the game. But surely, even if you contact the ball, then trip the player a penalty can still be given. You have impeded his ability to get to the ball. Or was this all one action?

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 08:03 AM
I thought it looked like the defender gets his foot in first and nicks the ball away and then kamberi kicks his heel causing him to trip.

Hibee Mac
29-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Neither are penalties in my eyes. The worst shout is the JJ one which is a complete dive.

HibbyAndy
29-04-2018, 08:16 AM
So why did Jones not get booked for a blatant dive ?!

eastcoasthibby
29-04-2018, 08:25 AM
He was awful ...no involvement in decision with Jones penalty claim, involved crucially in Kamberi penalty claim, allowed a late challenge by Jones on Stevenson 2 yards from him to go with no action, and watched on as did ref as Boyd jumped into our centre halfs everytime he went for a highball .....what do they get paid for .. inept, blinkered and from same training school as most others ...they all need to go to summer camp to learn their jobs !!!

The_Sauz
29-04-2018, 07:08 PM

The Killie player was nowhere near the ball, not sure what game you were watching :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
29-04-2018, 07:11 PM
So why did Jones not get booked for a blatant dive ?!

Same answer to why did the ref just stand there and let Kris Boyd shout at him for a good while in the aftermath of their penalty decision

The ref was incompetent

jgl07
29-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Didn't think it was a penalty from where I sit behind the goals in the FF. Was surprised when ref pointed to penalty spot.

But initially he didn't point to the spot. Then after consulting with the linesman he appeared to change his mind only to change his mind back.

I was surprised that it was ever given, to be honest.

Tyler Durden
29-04-2018, 08:54 PM
The Killie player was nowhere near the ball, not sure what game you were watching :rolleyes:

The left back won the ball. As I predicted, the Sportscene footage makes this 100% clear. You should maybe watch it

FastEddieFelson
29-04-2018, 09:13 PM
mental that folk don't think that was a penalty. do you think it was a dive?

either way, the ball from allan to make the chance is incredible.

Cammy
29-04-2018, 09:19 PM
The left back won the ball. As I predicted, the Sportscene footage makes this 100% clear. You should maybe watch it

Even with the magnification on Sportscene it definitely is NOT 100% clear. What is clear is the defender clipping Kamberi, still should have been a penalty.

whiskas
29-04-2018, 09:39 PM
It looked like a stonewaller at the time, having seen the replays there’s an element of doubt. What was clear though was that it was badly handled by the ref. Made it up as he went along

Hibbyradge
29-04-2018, 09:50 PM

He won the ball.

poolman
29-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Penalty for me

Mind you, doesn't matter

We won 😀

The_Sauz
30-04-2018, 04:46 AM
The left back won the ball. As I predicted, the Sportscene footage makes this 100% clear. You should maybe watch itYou were right and I'm just a blind old fart :greengrin

Jack Hackett
30-04-2018, 05:27 AM
I haven't seen Sportscene yet... So it's still a penalty :greengrin

Speedy
30-04-2018, 06:38 AM

I'm not sure he "won the ball", he did get a faint touch on it though so it's a bit of a grey area.

Bishop Hibee
30-04-2018, 06:46 AM
The close up on Sportscene showed there was a touch by the defender so no penalty. What I will say is that fat tub of lard of a linesman and the referee looked like they guessed.

Northernhibee
30-04-2018, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure he "won the ball", he did get a faint touch on it though so it's a bit of a grey area.

If he got a touch on it it's anything but a
grey area.

Allant1981
30-04-2018, 07:06 AM
seen it a few times now, didnt think it was a penalty at the time and still dont think it was, not that we would have been complaining if it has been given!

Speedy
30-04-2018, 07:15 AM
If he got a touch on it it's anything but a
grey area.

The touch was so faint it didn't redirect the ball. It was effectively still in Kamberi's possession had he not been tripped.

To me, that's a grey area.

Hibbyradge
30-04-2018, 07:44 AM
The close up on Sportscene showed there was a touch by the defender so no penalty. What I will say is that fat tub of lard of a linesman and the referee looked like they guessed.

The ref gave the penalty.

The linesman said that the defender got a touch.

There was no guessing.

CockneyRebel
30-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Was at the game and though it was a pen but just watched a recording of Sportscene this morning and it shows clearly that the defender got a toe to the ball before Kamberi went down over the defender's leg. The pundits agreed it was the correct decision but they had already seen the slow mo replay.

overdrive
30-04-2018, 08:41 AM

I was looking at the linesman in the gap between the tackle and the referee blowing his whistle and he was always shaking his head as if to say no penalty. I’m not quite sure why the ref gave it after appearing to initially not give it.

WeeRussell
30-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Excellent decision to be fair. It wasn’t until they slowed it down on sportscene and shown the the touch on the ball that I changed from stone waller to definitely no pen.

Credit where it’s due, as I like many others do a lot of complaining about decisions.

FitbaFolkKen
30-04-2018, 12:37 PM
I thought it looked like the defender gets his foot in first and nicks the ball away and then kamberi kicks his heel causing him to trip.

That’s exactly as I saw it, not a pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
30-04-2018, 12:51 PM
The ref gave the penalty.

The linesman said that the defender got a touch.

There was no guessing.

Did he give it though? It looked to me like he didn’t give it, he then looked towards the linesman and then he gave it. Someone suggested that he misinterpreted what the linesman has said, and changed the decision after that. That seems the most likely explanation to me. After seeing it a few times I’m still not sure whether it was a penalty or not.

Fife-Hibee
30-04-2018, 01:32 PM
The ref pointed to the spot. The linesman who had a better view signalled to the referee that it wasn't a penalty and rightfully so and the referee listened. Credit to both of them tbf.