PDA

View Full Version : What a game that was

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Absolutely thrilling stuff. This team never stops delivering the goods. Fair play to killie for their part in a great game.
What a great time it to be a hibs fan.
:nlgwa

gazzag70
28-04-2018, 04:48 PM
It was a real thriller where both teams played their part. A game I think we would have lost in the past but Neil Lennon has installed a winning mentality in this team.GGTTH!!

Stuart93
28-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Was a great game, our defence were awful at times today though, won't get away with it next week.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 04:51 PM
When they scored at the end I had my head in my hands, it wasn’t until everyone around me started cheering. My nerves are shredded :greengrin

Hibee Mac
28-04-2018, 04:55 PM
I think I went through every emotion possible at some point during that game

Hibs Class
28-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Really enjoyed the game today. A lot of good football and decent goals from both teams. Just about to watch it again on Alba.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-04-2018, 05:30 PM
I’m exhausted - was going to watch on Alba but I may leave it until tomorrow. [emoji4][emoji1184]

neil7908
28-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Sensational. We are building something really special at this club, I just hope the players see that and give us another year together.

If so I really believe we can accomplish something incredible.

Joe Baker2
28-04-2018, 05:57 PM
great outcome today but some awful defensive mistakes too.

bingo70
28-04-2018, 05:57 PM
great outcome today but some awful defensive mistakes too.

Some brilliant attacking play too.....

Mr White
28-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Great entertainment and a good result in the end!

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2018, 05:59 PM
As said the defence probably had its poorest game since 1-4 at Pittodrie. However, there's so much fight, belief, pace, fitness and a real goal threat in this Hibs side that we now have the ability to ride such lapses.

neil7908
28-04-2018, 06:03 PM
As said the defence probably had its poorest game since 1-4 at Pittodrie. However, there's so much fight, belief, pace, fitness and a real goal threat in this Hibs side that we now have the ability to ride such lapses.

True, big difference now is that we have the players going forward to really punish teams.

Allan, Kamberi and McLaren have been huge players for us since joining.

Keith_M
28-04-2018, 06:07 PM
I don't mind defensive mistakes if we were to win every game 5-3.

Fuzzywuzzy
28-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Just watching on alba. Killie players arguing at half time and boyd trying to settle things down. What happened?

matty_f
28-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Just watching on alba. Killie players arguing at half time and boyd trying to settle things down. What happened?

Jones said he wanted first dibs on the pies and Boyd lost the plot.

RossScott1991
28-04-2018, 06:17 PM
Scored a good goal, but i thought Whittaker was very poor today. Thought we should have brought Marv on to give bit physical presence in middle of the park late in 2nd half.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Jones said he wanted first dibs on the pies and Boyd lost the plot.

:faf:

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Scored a good goal, but i thought Whittaker was very poor today. Thought we should have brought Marv on to give bit physical presence in middle of the park late in 2nd half.

He didn’t have his best game, but what was funny was the guy in the East in section 44 who was giving him dogs abuse. When he scored all his mates were laughing at him, he then said that Whittaker must’ve been listening to him.

erin go bragh
28-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Never had the pleasure to watch our famous five but today’s the closest to one of their games .
Brilliant entertainment .

Famous Fiver
28-04-2018, 07:44 PM
I think the Aston Villa loanee was getting the blame for not tracking back a couple of times. I think it was Dicker laying into him. Boyd was acting as peacemaker. Clarke missed it, he was too busy making a beeline for the referee.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Bizarre as it sounds I didn’t think it was a great game until about 10 minutes into the 2nd half. I thought the 1st half was really scrappy and disjointed with loads of niggly fouls and a fussy ref. Killie seemed quite keen to break up play as well. I thought we huffed and puffed but just couldn’t get going albeit we scored a very good goal.

Then for the last 35 minutes it just went mental and if we had won 10-9 it probably would have reflected the end to end nature of the game and the chances created. Whittaker and Boyds goals were different class, Allan’s pass for Kamberis goal was superb, penalty claims, disallowed goals, missed chances, McLarens predatory strike and Barkers goal to round it off. It was 3 games entertainment in half an hour.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Bizarre as it sounds I didn’t think it was a great game until about 10 minutes into the 2nd half. I thought the 1st half was really scrappy and disjointed with loads of niggly fouls and a fussy ref. Killie seemed quite keen to break up play as well. I thought we huffed and puffed but just couldn’t get going albeit we scored a very good goal.

Then for the last 35 minutes it just went mental and if we had won 10-9 it probably would have reflected the end to end nature of the game and the chances created. Whittaker and Boyds goals were different class, Allan’s pass for Kamberis goal was superb, penalty claims, disallowed goals, missed chances, McLarens predatory strike and Barkers goal to round it off. It was 3 games entertainment in half an hour.

Quite a contrast to the 3 mins of entertainment in the 3 hours of hertz in the last week :lolyam:

B.H.F.C
28-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Sounds mental when we scored 5 goals, but I didn’t actually think e played that well! I thought we missed the calmness of McGeough.

Our finishing in the second half was clinical though. Whittaker’s goal was absolutely brilliant, the pass and the finish. Having seen it back it was even better than I thought at the time.

hibsfan7
28-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Game of the season

MGmick
28-04-2018, 09:44 PM

That pretty much sums up the game I saw on Alba. Great result.

Bishop Hibee
28-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Fantastic entertainment. We were the better team but Killie never gave up. I personally can’t remember being at a game we won 5-3. Great time to be a Hibby. Bring on the Dons!

Topographic Hibby
28-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Clarke missed it, he was too busy making a beeline for the referee.
Couple of shots on Alba of Clarke in 2nd half in directors box, one showing him on phone to a coach on the bench. BBC Teuchter commentary is utterly impenetrable - what was his beef? The no award for the penalty? :dunno:

Eyrie
28-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Couple of shots on Alba of Clarke in 2nd half in directors box, one showing him on phone to a coach on the bench. BBC Teuchter commentary is utterly impenetrable - what was his beef? The no award for the penalty? :dunno:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43936839

Killie boss Steve Clarke revealed he had been sent to the stands at half-time by ref Don Robertson.
"I had a little chat with the referee at half-time and he decided that I'd over-stepped the mark and asked me to watch the second half from upstairs," he said.

NAE NOOKIE
29-04-2018, 12:42 AM
As has been mentioned I also thought the first 55 minutes was kind of scrappy with neither team getting a grip on the game, but ye gods what a last 35 minutes, if football is meant to be part of the entertainment business then that is exactly what they are talking about, two teams absolutely going for it with great goals and 22 fully committed players.

It wasn't our best display of the season, we were too undisciplined at times for that to be the case with players giving the ball away too often and some poor defending ..... but it sure as hell was one of our most entertaining games with the team just refusing to back down to some industrial challenges and a few setbacks. Fair play to Killie, I doubt we've had a harder game all season, but that makes the fact we were able to win it scoring 5 goals in the process all the more impressive.

That 90 minutes was worth every bloomin' penny :aok:

renato
29-04-2018, 06:11 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43936839

Yet again Clarke gives us absolutely no credit at all. I wonder what he was complaining about anyway?

ACLeith
29-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Yet again Clarke gives us absolutely no credit at all. I wonder what he was complaining about anyway?

Can only think it was the dive by Jones early on that the ref got right. No one can take anything away from what he has achieved this season but lighten up man

Heisenberg
29-04-2018, 06:40 AM

I’ve found he tends to be very complimentary before the game but afterwards gives the opposition very little credit. He’s done well at Killie but not manager of the year for me.

Pretty Boy
29-04-2018, 06:46 AM
I’ve found he tends to be very complimentary before the game but afterwards gives the opposition very little credit. He’s done well at Killie but not manager of the year for me.

I agree re manager of the year.

It makes a mockery of the award to give it to a guy who led his team to a 5th place finish. Rodgers is on course for another treble albeit with a massive financial advantage, Lennon has led a newly promoted team to at least 4th albeit a team that has continued to operate as a premiership club and Ross has take a team of relegation candidates to champions in 18 months.

Clarke has done a very good job but his acheivement is the least of the 4 imo.

Joe6-2
29-04-2018, 07:12 AM
Anyone know if Alba showing the game again? Caught the last twenty minutes last night, admittedly an exciting twenty minutes!!

Jack Hackett
29-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Anyone know if Alba showing the game again? Caught the last twenty minutes last night, admittedly an exciting twenty minutes!!

Someone stated on another thread that it would be available on the iPlayer for 7 days

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Sounds like I missed a fantastic game, my lad was texting me updates for every goal. Had to make a choice to miss either the Celtic or Killie game due to other commitments in Liverpool, turned out to both be cracking games!

jakedance
29-04-2018, 08:17 AM
Superb. That’s what you pay your money for. We were our worst enemy at times but chuffed to see us score 5. Stevenson was my man of the match, just ahead of Scott Allan. We’ll need to play better at Aberdeen.

Credit to Killie. Clarke has done an amazing job there. It will be interesting to see what he can do when he has the chance to bring in some more of his own players.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2018, 08:17 AM

You should watch Alba more often. I'm actually begining to pick up lots of phases and words I understand. Who would have though for example the the gaelic for skipper is skipper and the gaelic for Hearts is fuds...

Eyrie
29-04-2018, 11:32 AM
You should watch Alba more often. I'm actually begining to pick up lots of phases and words I understand. Who would have though for example the the gaelic for skipper is skipper and the gaelic for Hearts is fuds...

I think the Gaelic for Midlothian must be "nonny" given how often we hear "Hearts nonny".