View Full Version : Kris Boyd freekick

Callum_62
28-04-2018, 04:21 PM
Wow

If Messi or Ronaldo scored that it would be talked about for ages

Absolute beast of a strike

Beefster
28-04-2018, 04:22 PM
It was a pearler to be fair to the hefty prick.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Cracking goal from a cracking player.

Fair play to him.

SirDavidsNapper
28-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Boyd was excellent to be fair. Fat bassa

iwasthere1972
28-04-2018, 04:31 PM
Just what do they put in these Killie pies?

Could tell it was going in from my vantage point in the FF. Great that he scored a couple yet came away with nothing. He'll be gutted for The Rangers.

28-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Fat hun mattress salesman.

Nice strike tho. A few folk in the east cheered sarcastically thinking it was ballooned wide only for it to curl in.

Scott Allan Key
28-04-2018, 04:34 PM
He got all his weight behind that. Fat, beetroot headed ****.

gazzag70
28-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Pains me to say it but he really is a quality striker even though he is overweight his eye for a goal is superb.

Jack
28-04-2018, 04:35 PM
I almost clapped.

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2018, 04:36 PM
I almost clapped.

I did, great strike.

Jim44
28-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Could this clinch player of the year award?

cleanyman
28-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Quality player.

Should have made a move as called for by my fine self in December :greengrin

neil7908
28-04-2018, 04:38 PM
It was a phenomenal strike. Like the OP said if Ronaldo scored that it would be all over social media.

I don't enjoy saying it but he was brilliant today, gave our defence a real test and could have had a hat trick.

iwasthere1972
28-04-2018, 04:39 PM
I almost clapped.

Me too. Strange but thought that's a quality strike.

The Harp Awakes
28-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Stunning goal. You won't see better. Fair play to him. Killie are a decent side and good crac with their supporters in the pub before and after the game. Total entertainment today.

Albanian Hibs
28-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Thought it took a deflection or two

Diclonius
28-04-2018, 04:42 PM
I did, great strike.

As did I.

Just lost out for goal of the match to Barker.

Austinho
28-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Enough of the Boyd praise please! Fat pr*ck left with egg on his face after another of his weird celebrations running over to the Hibs fans.

Hibee Mac
28-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Seemed like the wall were badly positioned from where I was sitting.

Nonetheless, magnificent strike and a cracking free kick.

Callum_62
28-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Enough of the Boyd praise please! Fat pr*ck left with egg on his face after another of his weird celebrations running over to the Hibs fans.

He really doesn't bother me - much more banter than an odious character

hibee92
28-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Never a foul and f*** Kris Boyd

RoscoHibby
28-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Couldn't tell what it was like from the east, either deflected or a beauty from marcianos reaction. Still, **** um, fat twat.

Diclonius
28-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Agree. Plays the pantomime villain well.

Hibeewilly
28-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Never a foul and f*** Kris Boyd

Correct...... never a free kick but great strike

JohnMcM
28-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Could and perhaps should? Maybe even goal of the season?

calumhibee1
28-04-2018, 04:53 PM

Agreed. Good player and seems a decent enough guy.

jacomo
28-04-2018, 04:54 PM
It was a phenomenal strike. Like the OP said if Ronaldo scored that it would be all over social media.

I don't enjoy saying it but he was brilliant today, gave our defence a real test and could have had a hat trick.

Enjoy it, let’s hope he keeps his scoring form in the remaining games.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2018, 04:54 PM
It was a great goal.

I really can't hate Boyd. He plays up to the huns a bit but he seems an ok guy and he's been a great striker at this level for years.

CapitalGreen
28-04-2018, 04:55 PM

His celebration is done to wind up fans like you and it looks like he succeeded.

Still a great player despite his lack of pace, I think he’s now scored 4 in his previous 3 visits to Easter Road.

Heisenberg
28-04-2018, 05:00 PM

I think he’ll win it. Clarke has got him playing very well again, outstanding goalscorer at this level.

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Absolute peach of a strike, I don't think any keeper is saving it.

He was a real handful today, he missed two great chances (two free headers) and had one chopped off for offside (although I think Whitty may have got the final touch).

IGRIGI
28-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Can make fun of his weight and all but I admire the way he is still banging in the goals.

He's more pantomime villain rather than out and out dickhead.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Some goal. Did it deflect on the way in?

we are hibs
28-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Thought it took a big deflection

hibby6270
28-04-2018, 05:40 PM
From the West it looked as though it was flying well wide. It was postage stamp stuff indeed.
Will be interesting to see on highlights if it swerved?

Ilovehibs
28-04-2018, 05:42 PM

Spot on mate

Sir David Gray
28-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Brilliant strike, absolute belter that was fit to win any game.

Just a shame he was on the losing side today. :greengrin

speedy_gonzales
28-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Absolute peach of a strike, I don't think any keeper is saving it.

When it comes off the inside of the upright, no keeper is saving it!

Joe Baker2
28-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Hate to say it, but Boydo's a goal scorer. Despite his lardy arse he's a threat.

neil7908
28-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Spot on mate

Nah. He's a bit of an ejit but guys like him make football interesting. And I don't care what you think of him personally, that was a hell of a free kick.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Our 2nd goal was far better

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Our 2nd goal was far better

All our goals were far better because they were ours.

Waxy
28-04-2018, 06:02 PM
I was right behind it in the east. Thought it was going wide but it swerved very late.Unstoppable.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 06:03 PM
A few bitter folk on here!

Nowt wrong with acknowledging a decent strike or a decent player.

I thought Killie were tremendous today and gave us a good game, probably the best game of the season at ER.

We need characters like Boyd in the game. If you get wound up by him or hate him cause he’s ex Rangers that says more about you than him.

DavidDavidGray
28-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Absolutely outstanding free-kick. Thought it was going miles wide aswell but my word

hibbydog
28-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Fat Hun blah blah. I don’t particularly like the guy (and I don’t know why) but I don’t understand why there’s so much hatred towards him.

Can someone give some examples or facts to justify why he is perceived as an enormous bell end?

matty_f
28-04-2018, 06:09 PM
He's a fat mess, but it was a superb free kick.

crash
28-04-2018, 06:13 PM
I was right behind it in the east. Thought it was going wide but it swerved very late.Unstoppable.

Also in the East, I thought it was missing by miles and took a massive deflection off somebody, but most on here are saying it was a great strike. Will watch on Alba, but their camera angle probably wont pick that up.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 06:20 PM

I thought Killie were tremendous today and gave us a good game, probably the best game of the season at ER.

We need characters like Boyd in the game. If you get wound up by him or hate him cause he’s ex Rangers that says more about you than him.

They deserved a draw imo.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Also in the East, I thought it was missing by miles and took a massive deflection off somebody, but most on here are saying it was a great strike. Will watch on Alba, but their camera angle probably wont pick that up.

There is a camera in South upper that will pick up any deflection on the shot.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 06:23 PM

:agree:

Called out Cathro for the clown he was when other pundits were acclaiming the new messiah as well. Proved 100% correct

greenlex
28-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Great free kick. I’m not sure why it was given to be honest.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 06:44 PM
No deflection, just plenty dip and swerve on it.

matty_f
28-04-2018, 06:46 PM
They deserved a draw imo.

We were better than them and deserved the win imho. They put a lot into the game but we were the better side.

One Day Soon
28-04-2018, 06:47 PM
I was absolutely certain it took a massive deflection.

AlbertK86
28-04-2018, 06:48 PM

Has that been confirmed on Alba cos from the east it looked like a massive deflection due to the change off direction..... if not he has got some movement on it and is a fabulous strike.

That said it was never a free kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
28-04-2018, 06:50 PM
After watching on Alba you can see the wall is in a terrible position far too close to the near post. You can also see Marciano screaming at them try to get their attention but it's too late, the whistle blows and we have Boyle (shortest player?) on the edge of the wall running towards the ball looking very unorganised.

Communication was terrible for the goal but still a sweet strike.

One Day Soon
28-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Now seen a fan clip from the Killie end and not only am I even more convinced it was deflected but, worse than that, I think it's their No 6 it deflects off. The guy who should have had a second yellow two or three times earlier and been off.

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Now seen a fan clip from the Killie end and not only am I even more convinced it was deflected but, worse than that, I think it's their No 6 it deflects off. The guy who should have had a second yellow two or three times earlier and been off.

I know we can all view incidents and have a different take on them but not on this instance! There isn’t a Killie player anywhere near touching that ball

I was behind it in the East and it was just an amazing strike - started outside the top corner and came back in.

You have to credit Boyd, he generally scores against us and often goals that you wouldnt really fault our defenders

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 08:02 PM

Correct.

Lancs Harp
28-04-2018, 08:06 PM
It was a great effort.

What quite we were doing at the back for his first goal??? .......answers on a post code. Defensively a shocking goal to concede.

J-C
28-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Watched it on Alba and it took a deflection off a defenders head, Rocky stood watching it as the deflection changed the trajectory.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 08:07 PM
It was a great effort.

What quite we were doing at the back for his first goal??? .......answers on a post code. Defensively a shocking goal to concede.

EH7 5QG

:flag:

Billy Whizz
28-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Watched it on Alba and it took a deflection off a defenders head, Rocky stood watching it as the deflection changed the trajectory.

Did it?
I sit in the East, had a great view, thought it was going high and wide, then went in at Rocky’s far post

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 08:09 PM
It was a great effort.

Stevenson played him onside by tracking his man a bit too far. Arguably McGregor should track Boyd and head it clear but he’ll feel he played him offside. Bit unlucky on Lewis’s part

Lancs Harp
28-04-2018, 08:09 PM
EH7 5QG

:flag:

:greengrin bloody predictive text.

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 08:10 PM

I’ve watched it on Alba and don’t see the ball changing flight. Who do you think it hit?

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 08:13 PM
I’ve watched it on Alba and don’t see the ball changing flight. Who do you think it hit?

Specsavers for J-C. The only thing it hit on it's way into the net was the post!

J-C
28-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Did it?
I sit in the East, had a great view, thought it was going high and wide, then went in at Rocky’s far post
I sit in the east also and had a great view, I firstly thought it took a slight deflection but wasn't sure.

Didn't really see who it was but it looked like a very slight nick off someone, seem to catch Rocky unaware as he just stood there.

Tyler Durden
28-04-2018, 08:16 PM
I think Rocky just was never gonna get there. He could have stood on the post and would’ve struggled to stop it.

Just unbelievable dip on it

greenlex
28-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Scott Allan says Squirrel is claiming it hit his hand.

J-C
28-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Stevenson played him onside by tracking his man a bit too far. Arguably McGregor should track Boyd and head it clear but he’ll feel he played him offside. Bit unlucky on Lewis’s part

Hanlon fast asleep for their 1st, Boyd just walked pay him for an easy header, poor defensively today but thankfully we got 5 good goals.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Certainly didn't see it taking a deflection. Was an absolute peach as far as I can see.

I think the problem people have with boyd is three fold.

1) he scores against us regularly.
2) he's an ex hun.
3) he gives it back when it's dished out and people can't handle that.

Billy Whizz
28-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Certainly didn't see it taking a deflection. Was an absolute peach as far as I can see.

I think the problem people have with boyd is three fold.

1) he scores against us regularly.
2) he's an ex hun.
3) he gives it back when it's dished out and people can't handle that.

I don’t mind him. We dish it out, we need to take it back

Onceinawhile
28-04-2018, 08:28 PM
I don’t mind him. We dish it out, we need to take it back

Agree, but plenty of people think they can go to a stadium and abuse someone for 90+ minutes and get nothing back.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Guys get real!

This is a football fans website.

First of all it was never a free kick.

Secondly, do not call Kris Boyd a fat *******o you are only dicing with death ( remember the buster blood vessel celebrations at Pittodrie).

Lastly, what a beautiful meaty strike took an unlucky deflection past Rocky but credit where credit is due What a strike ! unstoppable beautiful goal.

That is probably the best goal the fat Hun *******o has ever scored bearing in mind in his prime he was a penalty box poacher.

Lastly what a great game a credit to Scottish Football.

As a postscript I would just like to,say I hope that the lady that took unwell in the West Stand makes a full recovery and like most in the ground for the first twenty minutes was more concerned with what was going on in the stands than what was happening on the pitch.

The reaction of the HIBS and Kilmarnock fans when she was carried from the Stadium was a credit to both clubs , Scottish Football and the realisation that there are more important things in life than just a football match.

GGTTH

One Day Soon
28-04-2018, 09:02 PM
I know we can all view incidents and have a different take on them but not on this instance! There isn’t a Killie player anywhere near touching that ball

I was behind it in the East and it was just an amazing strike - started outside the top corner and came back in.

You have to credit Boyd, he generally scores against us and often goals that you wouldnt really fault our defenders

Nope. I was also behind it in the East and there's no way the trajectory it took was solely down to swerve. It definitely deflected off someone.

Lancs Harp
28-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Nope. I was also behind it in the East and there's no way the trajectory it took was solely down to swerve. It definitely deflected off someone.

Adidas Ronaldos can make the ball do anything. They are like visual football boots. Im just surprised a Killie player can afford them, obviously his media work must pay well.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Forget the free kick what were the defence doing with the first goal ? Kris Boyd in splendid isolation with a header that seemed to go through Rocky ???

MartinfaePorty
28-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Forget the free kick what were the defence doing with the first goal ? Kris Boyd in splendid isolation with a header that seemed to go through Rocky ???Stevenson didn't step out to keep the line.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
28-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Deflection or no deflection, we put five past one of the form teams in the league today. :aok:

ancient hibee
28-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Seemed to be total confusion in the wall.Boyle was trying to get Marciano to tell him where to stand.Boyle then charged forward with his hands up,ball might have hit him.A terrific shot and a good performance from Boyd who seems to have mastered making himself invisible to our centre halves.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Seemed to be total confusion in the wall.Boyle was trying to get Marciano to tell him where to stand.Boyle then charged forward with his hands up,ball might have hit him.A terrific shot and a good performance from Boyd who seems to have mastered making himself invisible to our centre halves.
Kris Boyd ran our three central defenders ragged for ninety minutes no mean feat for a man of his passing years and increasing dimensions I propose that he may indeed after all be a worthy contender for Player of the Year helped no doubt by his easy first headed goal and his excellent strike albeit aided by a deflection from his free kick spurred on by the taunting of our fans.

green day
28-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Kris Boyd ran our three central defenders ragged for ninety minutes...spurred on by the taunting of our fans.

And still ended up with no points from 2 top 6 matches. We have 6. **** the fat prick👍

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2018, 11:39 PM
Boyd ran no one ragged. Hanlon lost him once, Daz lost him once, Efe lost him once. He didn't hold it up ever, lost every header, slow as ****, poor first touch. He scored 2 good goals but let's not be silly. Kamberi is much better.

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-04-2018, 11:49 PM
Stevenson didn't step out to keep the line.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkMcGregor played him onside and left him with plenty space, poor defending.

HibernianJK
29-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Sorry but who the **** claps opposition goals no matter how good they are?

Hermit Crab
29-04-2018, 12:21 AM
Sorry but who the **** claps opposition goals no matter how good they are?

Me, whats the problem? I've applauded several good opposition goals at ER.

JohnM1875
29-04-2018, 12:35 AM
I have absolutly no issue with Boyd at all.

We give him pelters and he gives it back when he scores against us. So be it!

Also the free kick was an absolute peach!

One Day Soon
29-04-2018, 01:05 AM
I have absolutly no issue with Boyd at all.

We give him pelters and he gives it back when he scores against us. So be it!

Also the free kick was an absolute peach!

It was an absolute peach of a deflection.

BegbieHSC
29-04-2018, 01:07 AM

Tbf - he probably should! I thought the guy was finished years ago, but obviously not, and that strike proves it, the fat hun bar steward.

One Day Soon
29-04-2018, 01:10 AM
Tbf - he probably should! I thought the guy was finished years ago, but obviously not, and that strike proves it, the fat hun bar steward.

Why, was he trying for the deflection that put an otherwise ballooned free kick on target?

My_Wife_Camille
29-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Why, was he trying for the deflection that put an otherwise ballooned free kick on target?
It’s actually something Boyd does fairly regularly. Hits free kicks at pace at the wall and it goes in off the deflection.

One Day Soon
29-04-2018, 01:14 AM
It’s actually something Boyd does fairly regularly. Hits free kicks at pace at the wall and it goes in off the deflection.

Also known as a fluke. It could go anywhere.

My_Wife_Camille
29-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Call it what you want. It’s something that he does fairly regularly and he gets a decent amount of success from it.

pacorosssco
29-04-2018, 01:48 AM

Imo a fluke is where it takes a deflection or was not intended. He meant to score.

Man Down Under
29-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Sorry but who the **** claps opposition goals no matter how good they are?Some people watch football for the football.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

ToffeeCabbage
29-04-2018, 02:05 AM
Disgustingly good strike. Absolute bullet of a goal. Boyd is a total wind up merchant, but it's all in good jest imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HibernianJK
29-04-2018, 02:34 AM

Just weird to be honest. Couldn’t imagine clapping another team especially if they’ve just scored against Hibs.

andybev1
29-04-2018, 02:39 AM
showing boyle with his arm(s) hitting the ball - surely a deflection.

cabbageandribs1875
29-04-2018, 02:53 AM

i said the boy next to me as soon as it hit the net that i can't remember ever clapping an opposition goal in 45+ years i simply had to give that goal a few claps :agree:

GreenLake
29-04-2018, 06:09 AM
I would like to know if it deflected but if not it was a cracking goal. I feel a bit like he has something to prove to us when he tries to wind up our fans. I wonder if he felt like we should have signed him before Killie did. Either way, he has done well for them and may have done for us. He must be gagging at the thought of the service he would get playing in a Hibs team. His enthusiasm for scoring against us just betrays his admiration and envy for Hibs as a club. I hope he has another season in him as he is entertaining.

ian cruise
29-04-2018, 06:15 AM

Nah as I said on the match thread, Boyd has been hitting free kicks like that on the Scottish leagues for years. He's a panto villain sure but he's a great striker.

One Day
29-04-2018, 06:43 AM
I almost clapped.

I did

eastcoasthibby
29-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Seemed like the wall were badly positioned from where I was sitting.

Nonetheless, magnificent strike and a cracking free kick.

Think your right, Boyle was the defender on that end if the wall and he was always hitting it to that side, bu in saying that I was straight behind it and the ball moved about 2 feet in the last couple of yards ..some.strike though !

we are hibs
29-04-2018, 07:56 AM
His first goal was Awful defending from us, freekick took a deflection and he had a 10 yard start on Darren mcgregor at one point (who himself isn't very quick) and got roasted for pace as he waddled across the park

.Sean.
29-04-2018, 07:59 AM
What a hit. Going against the popular consensus here but I quite like him. He’s a goal scorer, a total poacher who doesn’t pretend to be anything else, takes stick in good spirits and dishes it back. He even comes across quite decent on the tele. For a Hun.

jeffers
29-04-2018, 08:07 AM
I clapped yesterday, turned around and looked at the older man along from me and he was doing the same. I don't mind Boyd at all, he was laughing during the warm when someone near me shouted out he was a fat ****** and was happily chatting to one of the Hibs mascots after the coin toss. His banter with the fans is good natured in my opinion.

SteveHFC
29-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Thought it took a deflection or two
:agree: from my view in east it was going wide until it hit boyles hand as he charged it down

erin go bragh
29-04-2018, 08:40 AM
His first goal was Awful defending from us, freekick took a deflection and he had a 10 yard start on Darren mcgregor at one point (who himself isn't very quick) and got roasted for pace as he waddled across the park
DM is very quick over 10 yards imo . Boyd is slower than a week in the jail .
Our mascot the Leith Lynx would beat Boyd in a race .

percy veer
29-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Agree, but plenty of people think they can go to a stadium and abuse someone for 90+ minutes and get nothing back.

Agree aswell, gets it from 3 stands calling him a fat bas, if people can't take him grinning and running funny when scoring then shame on them, I've watched a few games it's not just us he does this to.

Scottie
29-04-2018, 09:53 AM
What a hit. Going against the popular consensus here but I quite like him. He’s a goal scorer, a total poacher who doesn’t pretend to be anything else, takes stick in good spirits and dishes it back. He even comes across quite decent on the tele. For a Hun.
:agree: Cant forgive him for his Hun tendency's but has been a fantastic goal scorer throughout his career.

HibbyAndy
29-04-2018, 09:57 AM
My the only one who thinks it took a deflection ?..also seemed to hit the middle of the net rather than the top corner

overdrive
29-04-2018, 10:05 AM
It was a cracking goal, defection or not. I think he’s actually developed more to his game in the last season or two rather than just being a poacher as he used to be. I thought he looked finished a couple of years ago when he was at The Rangers.

Killiehibbie
29-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Just weird to be honest. Couldn’t imagine clapping another team especially if they’ve just scored against Hibs.I applauded what was a cracking goal.
I was even sitting in front of a hun at Ibrox who applauded the goal of the season by Stokes in another game that Boyd also scored.

overdrive
29-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I applauded what was a cracking goal.
I was even sitting in front of a hun at Ibrox who applauded the goal of the season by Stokes in another game that Boyd also scored.

Strangely there were folk behind me cheering their 2nd goal as well.

we are hibs
29-04-2018, 10:29 AM
My the only one who thinks it took a deflection ?..also seemed to hit the middle of the net rather than the top corner

It did. Allan said after he match that Boyle said it hit his hand

Diclonius
29-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Worth a punt in the transfer window?

Babyshamble
29-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Kris Boyd is a knob.hun welt.that goal was a peach tho.22 goals this season.fair play to him.

Eyrie
29-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Second time this season I've briefly clapped an opposition goal (other was Hamilton's third).

If the goal is good enough, then I'm a knowledgable enough football fan to recognise that. Anything else is just narrow minded nonsense (insert obligatory but insincere "in my opinion").

29-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Credit where credit is due, it was an absolute cracker. No keeper in the land could have stopped that one.

MB62
29-04-2018, 12:45 PM
He's a fat mess, but it was a superb free kick.

A fat mess that's scored 22 goals this season!
Thank eff he's not slim and not a mess, Killie might have been miles clear in 2nd place.
A great game of football and some very good goals scored too.

jonny
29-04-2018, 12:48 PM
I was speaking to Lewis Stevenson at the kids football this morning (lovely guy who always has plenty time for the kids) and one of my wee boys said to him that Boyd's free kick was a cracker, Lewis's response 'I was moaning at Marciano about that one - he should've saved it' LoL

One Day Soon
29-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Imo a fluke is where it takes a deflection or was not intended. He meant to score.

Of course he meant to score, but not by hitting a free kick that was heading several yards wide until it got a fluke deflection. I think he's a knob - but he scores a lot of goals. All credit to him for that. I'm not crediting him for some Brazilian style free kick that was actually a good bit off target when he struck it until dumb luck intervened and diverted it into goal.

HibbyAndy
29-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Of course he meant to score, but not by hitting a free kick that was heading several yards wide until it got a fluke deflection. I think he's a knob - but he scores a lot of goals. All credit to him for that. I'm not crediting him for some Brazilian style free kick that was actually a good bit off target when he struck it until dumb luck intervened and diverted it into goal.

Exactly