PDA

View Full Version : Lennon getting the rangers told again

we are hibs
28-04-2018, 04:45 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2566281/neil-lennon-hibs-rangers-ticket-allocation/

NEIL LENNON has taken a swipe at Rangers over the Easter Road ticket row.

The Hibs boss says his club were RIGHT to cut Rangers’ allocation for their final-day clash.

And he mocked the Ibrox club’s “crass” and “irresponsible” response.

Rangers will get fewer than 1,500 tickets for the May 13 clash at Easter Road as Hibs concentrate on having as many home fans there as possible.

Chief executive Leeann Dempster made the decision to sell South Stand tickets to Hibs fans after they sold out their three other stands.

That led to a stinging statement from Ibrox chiefs this week, claiming the move was a security risk, but Lenny isn’t having any of it.

He said: “It was a bit crass, really. They didn’t even get the day right for a start — but they do like a statement!

“We will do what we have to do and what’s best for our club.

“And our allocation at Ibrox isn’t exactly chock-full. We could do with more Hibs fans going there but we only get 800-1,000 in a stadium of 48,000.

“We get one or two per cent.”

Asked if the Rangers statement was irresponsible, Lennon replied: “Yes. I’m not aware of any violence or unbecoming behaviour around Easter Road in my two years here.

“I don’t know what they are talking about. I just didn’t think it was worded correctly from a club of that standing, but it didn’t surprise me.

“Celtic had a big crowd here last weekend and it didn’t affect us, but what it does is give the Hibs fans more of a chance to come and see us in the last game of the season.

“There is a big demand for tickets, which is great, and the club have used their prerogative to meet it.”

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2018, 05:19 AM
Well said Neil

We’re not pushovers anymore - on or off the pitch

lyonhibs
28-04-2018, 05:37 AM
I wonder if Traynor works weekends...........................

Fife-Hibee
28-04-2018, 05:39 AM
Brilliant Neil 💚

Captain Trips
28-04-2018, 05:47 AM
I wonder if Traynor works weekends...........................

Haha

IGRIGI
28-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Bobby Brown - My prerogative , has to be given an airing pre match vs the Thes.

HH81
28-04-2018, 05:57 AM
There is just so much sense in what he says. The rangers statement was an embrassement which everyone knows including their fans.

Jim44
28-04-2018, 06:07 AM
A voice of reason among a sea of seethe on FF:

Personally, I didn’t like our statement and it’s not the first time with this board who for me get the tone wrong too often, the peak of bad P.R being the Derek McInnes statement.

It’s a huge game for Hibs, as it is for us, and I think if they feel they can pack the stadium with their own fans to gain an advantage then that’s not a surprising move for any club to make. It’s frustrating and disappointing for us, but Hibs need to do what’s best for their team and club. Just as we’ll do what’s best for us, and yes we should keep this in mind the next time they visit Ibrox.

However, there was no need to put that thought in a statement and the cheap pop at safety wasn’t necessary (if they have genuine concerns speak to the Hibs board directly and security/police) and like the McInnes statement just makes us look ‘playground’ rather than the massive institution we are.

Ilovehibs
28-04-2018, 06:26 AM
Well Done Neil Lennon. A perfect response to another ridiculous and provocative statement by The Rangers.

Lennon says it as it is and sticks up for us while still maintaining a reasonable tone.

Thank you Neil.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Had to try explain to a hun that they would not be able to give us less tickets than they currently do

Had to get the finger puppets out...

Hibee Mac
28-04-2018, 06:43 AM
See what makes me laugh is the bitterness of them all. "Oh just wait till the next home game we'll keep this in mind"...

What are you going to do? Just not sell us any tickets at all? Cause it's not like they can reduce our allocation any more than it already is.

Keith_M
28-04-2018, 07:00 AM
See what makes me laugh is the bitterness of them all. "Oh just wait till the next home game we'll keep this in mind"...

What are you going to do? Just not sell us any tickets at all? Cause it's not like they can reduce our allocation any more than it already is.

Actually, they probably could.

The ruling on how many tickets you need to give to away teams for league matches is extremely vague and likely to be interpreted by the SPFL in the same manner the SFA did with with Mr Glib and Shameless & the 'Fit And Proper Person' rule.

green day
28-04-2018, 07:15 AM

The ruling on how many tickets you need to give to away teams for league matches is extremely vague and likely to be interpreted by the SPFL in the same manner the SFA did with with Mr Glib and Shameless & the 'Fit And Proper Person' rule.

You are right - however, even that plays into our hands.

Can you imagine the negative press these muppets would get if they decided to stop Hibs getting the paltry (900) number we get at the moment?

I imagine that the SPFL would be compelled to step in, as action like that from the Huns would potentially result in other teams doing similar.

They have painted themselves into a corner on this, but whatever the outcome, its not going to be bad for Hibs.

renato
28-04-2018, 08:05 AM
You are right - however, even that plays into our hands.

Can you imagine the negative press these muppets would get if they decided to stop Hibs getting the paltry (900) number we get at the moment?

I imagine that the SPFL would be compelled to step in, as action like that from the Huns would potentially result in other teams doing similar.

They have painted themselves into a corner on this, but whatever the outcome, its not going to be bad for Hibs.

Yep. If they halved our allocation to 450, we’d retaliate by giving them exactly the same number for ER next time they come.

What a bunch of muppets.

hibsbollah
28-04-2018, 08:11 AM
There's another way to look at all this. An escalating war of tit for tat on ticket provision that ends in a virtual ban on away fans could benefit us, in that we could almost sell out ER for the hun (at currant levels of demand), so we make room for even more of our own fans, and we finally rid ourselves of sectarianism in one fell swoop.

Yes, it would be hard on the regular fans who enjoy travelling to Ibrox, but if what I read on here is anything to go by, most of us hate the experience anyway?

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2018, 08:20 AM
There's another way to look at all this. An escalating war of tit for tat on ticket provision that ends in a virtual ban on away fans could benefit us, in that we could almost sell out ER for the hun (at currant levels of demand), so we make room for even more of our own fans, and we finally rid ourselves of sectarianism in one fell swoop.

Yes, it would be hard on the regular fans who enjoy travelling to Ibrox, but if what I read on here is anything to go by, most of us hate the experience anyway?

A full stadium of our own against them would be great. It certainly would give us an advantage on the park.

Hibernian Verse
28-04-2018, 08:21 AM

I personally do not enjoy any away ground as much as I do Ibrox. It may have something to do with pumping them every time we visit.

Hibrandenburg
28-04-2018, 08:23 AM
If the Huns ban Hibs fans from Ibrox then that will surely reduce the Hun fans attending to. Most of these bams don't attend the football for football, if there's nobody there to intimidate then where's the fun in that for them?

B.H.F.C
28-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Don’t hate going to Ibrox at all. Possibly the best away day in the league and it’s superb beating them through there. The Rangers have got it in them to get in to some tit for tat ticket reduction though. Clowns.

neil7908
28-04-2018, 08:30 AM
I'd love to see other clubs in Scottish football follow our lead.

The fact we are even talking about this being an issue is a sign of how desperate they are.

Interesting to note that today was the deadline for King to purchase the the remaining shares and, surprise surprise, it's been missed.

JimBHibees
28-04-2018, 08:37 AM
I'd love to see other clubs in Scottish football follow our lead.

The fact we are even talking about this being an issue is a sign of how desperate they are.

Interesting to note that today was the deadline for King to purchase the the remaining shares and, surprise surprise, it's been missed.

Big news wonder what the Record are saying about that.

BegbieHSC
28-04-2018, 09:50 AM
FF has broken me...

See below for Hun rage...

“..more Hibs fans going there but we only get 800-1000 in a stadium of 48,000.”
If Lennon is going to chastise our board for getting the date wrong , then he should check his own facts before correcting others .
A man driven by religious hatred , who has an outright hatred of our club that he sees as an embodiment of Protestantism . Just like many others in this country“

“He's a degenerate bigot who is utterly obsessed with all things Rangers. He talks about us more than his own wee diddy club.”

“I think Kilmarnock will win today, unless they’ve not downed tools! I suppose Lennon thinks it was just exuberance when Hibs fans ran on the pitch at Hamden and assaulted Rangers players!”

JeMeSouviens
28-04-2018, 09:54 AM

If the clubs can’t agree an allocation, the spfl board can impose one. I’d guess they’d stick with the 900 in an easily segregated corner?

Hibernian Verse
28-04-2018, 09:55 AM
FF has broken me...

See below for Hun rage...

“..more Hibs fans going there but we only get 800-1000 in a stadium of 48,000.”
If Lennon is going to chastise our board for getting the date wrong , then he should check his own facts before correcting others .
A man driven by religious hatred , who has an outright hatred of our club that he sees as an embodiment of Protestantism . Just like many others in this country“

“He's a degenerate bigot who is utterly obsessed with all things Rangers. He talks about us more than his own wee diddy club.”

“I think Kilmarnock will win today, unless they’ve not downed tools! I suppose Lennon thinks it was just exuberance when Hibs fans ran on the pitch at Hamden and assaulted Rangers players!”

Wait so what facts is he supposed to be checking?

They really are morons.

cabbageandribs1875
28-04-2018, 09:59 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2566281/neil-lennon-hibs-rangers-ticket-allocation/

NEIL LENNON has taken a swipe at Rangers over the Easter Road ticket row.

The Hibs boss says his club were RIGHT to cut Rangers’ allocation for their final-day clash.

And he mocked the Ibrox club’s “crass” and “irresponsible” response.

Rangers will get fewer than 1,500 tickets for the May 13 clash at Easter Road as Hibs concentrate on having as many home fans there as possible.

Chief executive Leeann Dempster made the decision to sell South Stand tickets to Hibs fans after they sold out their three other stands.

That led to a stinging statement from Ibrox chiefs this week, claiming the move was a security risk, but Lenny isn’t having any of it.

He said: “It was a bit crass, really. They didn’t even get the day right for a start — but they do like a statement!

:hilarious the statement kings

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Loving the Rangers just now. The only time they don't make a statement is when one is needed and that is when the players cross the touchline.

hibbie02
28-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Big news wonder what the Record are saying about that.

A Statement has been released apparently!

stu in nottingham
28-04-2018, 10:23 AM
A voice of reason among a sea of seethe on FF:
'However, there was no need to put that thought in a statement and the cheap pop at safety wasn’t necessary (if they have genuine concerns speak to the Hibs board directly and security/police) and like the McInnes statement just makes us look ‘playground’ rather than the massive institution we are.'

They need putting in a massive institution.

Onceinawhile
28-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Wait so what facts is he supposed to be checking?

They really are morons.

Ibrox has a capacity of over 50,000 I assume that's what he's getting at.

dchibs
28-04-2018, 11:13 AM
A full stadium of our own against them would be great. It certainly would give us an advantage on the park.

I would hate for some of them not to able to go to ER as they give us somebody to laugh at.

ancient hibee
28-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Is there anywhere else in the world that religion would be dragged into a row about tickets?

Wee Effen Bee
28-04-2018, 12:14 PM
That MMA bout a while ago between The Pope and Ian Paisley? Ended up a draw when it was pointed out they were actually fighting for the same imaginary being and s/he couldn’t support either of them. 😁

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Maybe The Rangers need assurances that we are not going to send their fans bullets through the post.

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2018, 01:00 PM
I would hate for some of them not to able to go to ER as they give us somebody to laugh at.

Haha, fair point. On the flip side it would be refreshing to not to have to listen to their pishy tunes.

Diclonius
28-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Imagine Hibs v Rangers at ER with NO Rangers fans. That would be amazing.

28-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Nah

Dashing Bob S
28-04-2018, 02:05 PM

Ban em from everywhere until they wash out their sectarian mouths with soap.

Moulin Yarns
28-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Haha, fair point. On the flip side it would be refreshing to not to have to listen to their pishy tunes.

The tunes are not too bad, easy to whistle along to, it is the words they tend to sing that is the problem.