PDA

View Full Version : Pump The Hearts.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 09:28 PM
I’m now convinced we will hand them a doing. Hearts are so bad it’s frightening. Hibs will go at them and they will fold If we score first and then we’ll get 2 or 3 more.

I’m sick of the negative pish when talking about derbies, now is a different time and I can’t see any other outcome than hibs win.

There I said it 😁

jabis
27-04-2018, 09:30 PM
I concur.

hibsbollah
I just said it on another thread. We're going to give them a right royal pumping. Timid negativity can go **** itself :aok:

Hibbyradge
Steady.

They care nothing about 4 of their last 5 games.

They're looking to gub us.

They haven't lost at tiny for yonks and we haven't won there for a lot longer.

we are hibs
27-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Wait, I thought everyone on here wanted hearts to win these days :rolleyes:

Jack Hackett
27-04-2018, 09:31 PM
I’m now convinced we will hand them a doing. Hearts are so bad it’s frightening. Hibs will go at them and they will fold If we score first and then we’ll get 2 or 3 more.

I’m sick of the negative pish when talking about derbies, now is a different time and I can’t see any other outcome than hibs win.

There I said it 😁

I said earlier that we're due them a proper spanking. Soon come!

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Dont bank on it. They have deliberately thrown their last two fixtures to ensure our rivals get as many points as possible. When we go there the double deck bus and the remnants of the Berlin Wall will be slung across their goal as they proceed to kick us off the park...

FilipinoHibs
27-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Steady.

They will be up for it against us. On a tight pitch and with Levein’s tactics unless we score early could be another 0-0.

IGRIGI
27-04-2018, 09:34 PM
The derby is more than a final for them, it's all or nothing for Levein, lose that and he goes the way of the caveman.

DarlingtonHibee
27-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Think they will kick us off the park to avoid defeat.

Eesti
27-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Dont bank on it. They have deliberately thrown their last two fixtures to ensure our rivals get as many points as possible. When we go there the double deck bus and the remnants of the Berlin Wall will be slung across their goal as they proceed to kick us off the park...

They have thrown **** all. They are rubbish, simple as that. I think Lennon will have the team in the right head space to win it but for me, the Killie game is the key to a fantastic end to the season.

SirDavidsNapper
Anyone who thinks we will hammer them is blinkered. They will go all out to beat us. Its the one thing they have left. Yes man for man for man we are miles better but they still knocked us out the cup

K.Marx
Lots will naturally approach any derby at tynecastle with trepidation because our record there is absolutely honking. Last win was 5 years ago and that’s during a recent period of us having the upper hand overall. We are so obviously miles ahead of hearts as a football team but we need to show that a week on Wednesday and not be drawn into another stuffy battle.

rcarter1
27-04-2018, 09:40 PM
The derby is more than a final for them, it's all or nothing for Levein, lose that and he goes the way of the caveman.

Lennon will hopefully work out a way of using that aspect to our advantage. But agree with those saying that we will face a different team to the one that just played Rangers and Aberdeen.

Kilmarnock First!

Sir David Gray
27-04-2018, 09:42 PM
They do seem to be a totally different side at home compared with how they play away but if we play anwhere close to how we did last week, we should win comfortably.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Lets face it this is just what we expected from the Yams, two inept performances which will no doubt be followed by a right royal pumping by Celtic next Sunday ..... that will be followed by a battling fighting kick everything that moves performance against Hibs in an attempt to stop us making Europe and save Levin's job.

What a pathetic club they are ... we absolutely define them.

WeeRussell
27-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Anyone who thinks we will hammer them is blinkered. They will go all out to beat us. Its the one thing they have left. Yes man for man for man we are miles better but they still knocked us out the cup

Most of the what you say is true.. but we could still well hammer them.

They are very, very poor right now.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 09:47 PM
There’s no point in worrying about this game. They were lucky to scrape into the top six, they will be lucky to restrict us to three goals. Forget about how things used to be and look at how things are now. Easiest game of the post split fixtures.

southsider
27-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Compliance officer should review Hertz thugs tonight. They were brutal .

Jack Hackett
27-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Compliance officer should review Hertz thugs tonight. They were brutal .

Double the number of fouls, but the same number of bookings. Some of the stuff Dallas let slide was pure caveman.

DC_Hibs
27-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Calm yersel and also realise that whether we are all positive or negative will have no bearing upon the outcome of this game contrary to popular internet fan belief.

Maybe have a look at our recent games at Tynecastle as a good marker for how this one will go then hope that our players can rise above Levein's anti football tactics, perform better than they have there of late and get us any win.

Steve-O
27-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Steady.

2013 wasn’t that long ago considering how many games we’ve had there since.

Though I tend to agree we’re getting ahead of ourselves - we haven’t won there by more than a single goal in 19 years!

One Day Soon
27-04-2018, 09:58 PM
No, **** it. I'm with the Bed Dryers. We're going to hump them.

flash
27-04-2018, 10:00 PM
When did Hertz last lose at home?

hibbysam
27-04-2018, 10:00 PM

If they try and beat us we will pump them. If they park 11 men in their box on that 5 a side pitch the may hold out. Levein hasn’t tried to beat anyone, ever. This is a completely different Hibs to the one in the cup game.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Irrelevant. We’ll destroy them.

Diclonius
27-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Hearts don't give a **** about any game except the one against us. They're saving their energy.

We haven't won at Tynecastle for almost five years, including during 9 in a row. Let's focus on one game at a time eh.

green with envy
27-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Lennon will hopefully work out a way of using that aspect to our advantage. But agree with those saying that we will face a different team to the one that just played Rangers and Aberdeen.

Kilmarnock First!

... and Aberdeen Second.:thumbsup:

ehf
27-04-2018, 10:15 PM
A lot will depend on who is appointed to "referee" the derby; have a horrible feeling it will be Craig U N Thomson.

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2018, 10:17 PM
A lot will depend on who is appointed to "referee" the derby; have a horrible feeling it will be Craig U N Thomson.

My money is on Clancy.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Steady.

All the more reason we are due to turn them over.

calumhibee1
27-04-2018, 10:25 PM
They do seem to be a totally different side at home compared with how they play away but if we play anwhere close to how we did last week, we should win comfortably.

Their pitch is a full penalty box and then some smaller than Easter Road by area. About 5 metres shorter (just imagine how far into the stand 5m from the goals is to get a good idea just how big a difference that is) and about 4 metres narrower (again, imagine 4 metres from the side of the pitch, you'd be back about 6 rows into the stand). They're absolutely chronic and if we played them at any other stadium in Scotland we would comfortably beat them, but Tynecastle hands them and their style of play an absolutely huge boost.

We can definitely beat them at Tynecastle, but I think it's the one game between now and the end of the season where we need to give up on playing football and get the big men in. I'd go:

Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
Whittaker

McGinn

Kamberi
Maclaren

Narrow, powerful and full of height and strength. You'll not play them off the park at their *****hole of a stadium, it's just not possible. The whole place is literally designed for anti-football (and funnily enough has no potential for that to change - enjoy watching that turgid style forever Jumbos!)

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Folk seriously worrying that Porter will have then up for it?

We have Neil Lennon, we have pace, we have goal scorers, we have arguably the best midfield in Scotland, we have our own cup finals!

Stop ****ting yourself over a derby, we are miles ahead an will win it. Folk talking like Tynecastle is a place to fear 😂😂

DC_Hibs
27-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Just because others aren’t giving it the fake bravado doesn’t mean they are worried or Sh1 tting it.

Pi ss MYself emoji

Real Emerald
27-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Their pitch is a full penalty box and then some smaller than Easter Road by area. About 5 metres shorter (just imagine how far into the stand 5m from the goals is to get a good idea just how big a difference that is) and about 4 metres narrower (again, imagine 4 metres from the side of the pitch, you'd be back about 6 rows into the stand). They're absolutely chronic and if we played them at any other stadium in Scotland we would comfortably beat them, but Tynecastle hands them and their style of play an absolutely huge boost.

We can definitely beat them at Tynecastle, but I think it's the one game between now and the end of the season where we need to give up on playing football and get the big men in. I'd go:

Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
Whittaker

McGinn

Kamberi
Maclaren

Narrow, powerful and full of height and strength. You'll not play them off the park at their *****hole of a stadium, it's just not possible. The whole place is literally designed for anti-football (and funnily enough has no potential for that to change - enjoy watching that turgid style forever Jumbos!)

Spot on, that’s why they’ve had consistently good results at Tinycastle compared to away from home for years. They build teams to be physical and direct at home but can’t translate that into wins away from home on proper sized pitches. They are a one dimensional bunch of clogging hoofing hackers that are clueless on a full size pitch.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Just because others aren’t giving it the fake bravado doesn’t mean they are worried or Sh1 tting it.

Pi ss MYself emoji

Fake bravado? I fully believe we will take at least 2 off them but hopefully 3 or 4.

Hearts are ***** and Hibs this season are a different animal.

jacomo
27-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Just you watch them put everything into the derby.

Jambo CHEATS... negative, low intensity football against the other 4, blood and thunder against us.

Nothing to play for except hurting us.

Big team aye?

27-04-2018, 10:48 PM
We are the strongest we have been all season and they are near enough the weakest they have been.

The will go into the Celtic game thinking they can do the same as they did before at Tynecastle and will lose comfortably with their 3rd abject performance in a row. They'll be on a losing streak so hopefully we will help them to keep it going.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 10:50 PM

Jambo CHEATS... negative, low intensity football against the other 4, blood and thunder against us.

Big team aye?

Just you watch us when Kamberi slots home the 3rd 😁 They will crack and Potter will be hounded.

Onion
27-04-2018, 11:00 PM

Big team aye?

If anything defined their Obsession, this is it. They will throw matches, rest players, go through the motions of playing games simply to have a chance of competing against us. Big team :rotflmao:

Deansy
27-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Player-for-player we are obviouly by far the better team but in the last derby they dragged us down to their level for the first 45 minutes so we must avoid that if we're going to win !. I don't only just want us to win but I want us to win well, give them the gubbing they've managed to avoid so far - Berra & Co won't be able to handle the likes of Barker/Allan running at them so our players should be prepared for some typical Jambo 'tackles' (assaults) as that's the only way they know how and plus they'll be 'Under orders' from Potter !

But by Christ, we are due them a doing .........................

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2018, 12:01 AM
If we score 3 goals and win I'll get a tattoo of Neil Lennon. Not happening. A goal in it either way, same as every game there.

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Heart 0 1 Hibs FT from Tynecastle.

Oscar T Grouch
28-04-2018, 06:01 AM
If we score 3 goals and win I'll get a tattoo of Neil Lennon. Not happening. A goal in it either way, same as every game there.

We want photaes of it after we gie them a 0-4 drubbing at the pink library 😉👍🏻

Thecat23
28-04-2018, 06:29 AM

Hee hee, I know a good tattoo shop! You may regret posting this 😁

Keith_M
28-04-2018, 06:46 AM
If Hibs win 5-1, then never mind Lennon, I'd happily get a tattoo of Levein on my tadger!

IGRIGI
28-04-2018, 07:14 AM
I read that Hearts haven't won a game this season in which they've fallen behind, score first and it's ours.

huggie1875
28-04-2018, 07:36 AM

I don't know but I do know its time they did:agree:

Baw187
28-04-2018, 07:38 AM
We’ve got more going forward now and they are really keek. Also our night game record against them is almost flawless (the 0-0 that should have been 0-1 aside).

K.Marx
28-04-2018, 07:45 AM

Rocky

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGeough
Whittaker

McGinn

Kamberi
Maclaren

Although it’s obvious tynecastle is a narrower pitch, I disagree that having a narrow set up with our less technical players is the way to beat them. This is how we end up getting dragged into turgid battles which suits them entirely.

When Celtic and Aberdeen teams have gone to tynecastle and pumped them, it’s largely with the help of their wide players. Forrest/Sinclair/Roberts etc for Celtic. McGinn/Hayes for Aberdeen. I would love to see us go there and start with Boyle and Barker. Hearts defence is vulnerable to pace, we should put it in the side with abundance.

The last time we beat them there we had a young Alex Harris out wide and he tore them a new one. Imagine what Boyle and Barker could do 😎

Zazu62
28-04-2018, 07:57 AM
I wouldn’t start barker. He would get kicked about 20 times in the first half an hour and taken off injured

Bluto
28-04-2018, 08:14 AM
I wouldn’t start barker. He would get kicked about 20 times in the first half an hour and taken off injured

I’m pretty certain Barker acquired his injury at that sh*tehole having come on as a second half sub, lasting barely ten minutes before being chopped and limping off. Start him, use him as an impact sub it makes little difference, if you’re a wide player with pace or a playmaker in the middle then you are targeted by the thugs and bullies of that pub team regardless.

Hibbyradge
28-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Fake bravado? I fully believe we will take at least 2 off them but hopefully 3 or 4.

Hearts are ***** and Hibs this season are a different animal.

We'll score 4?

Have Hearts lost by more than 2 all season?

Hibrandenburg
28-04-2018, 08:26 AM
I'll take a 1-0 win now. Anything more is a bonus and anything else a disaster.

calumhibee1
28-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Although it’s obvious tynecastle is a narrower pitch, I disagree that having a narrow set up with our less technical players is the way to beat them. This is how we end up getting dragged into turgid battles which suits them entirely.

When Celtic and Aberdeen teams have gone to tynecastle and pumped them, it’s largely with the help of their wide players. Forrest/Sinclair/Roberts etc for Celtic. McGinn/Hayes for Aberdeen. I would love to see us go there and start with Boyle and Barker. Hearts defence is vulnerable to pace, we should put it in the side with abundance.

The last time we beat them there we had a young Alex Harris out wide and he tore them a new one. Imagine what Boyle and Barker could do 😎

I just don’t see where the space is to use Boyle and Barker on a pitch that is probably as close to a 7 a side pitch as it is to a proper 11 a side pitch.

As an aside, I wonder why football pitches are allowed to be different dimensions. Weird thing to allow variations on. Can you imagine Andy Murray going out early doors every US open cause he wasn’t used to the extremely narrow courts of Flushing Meadows :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
28-04-2018, 09:11 AM
We'll score 4?

Have Hearts lost by more than 2 all season?

Yeah Celtic humped them 4-1 this season. Hibs Aberdeen Celtc and the huns have all beaten them by 2 goals. A few others have score a couple against them. They have the 2nd tightest defence in the league but going on last nights show they look tired and there for the taking!

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 09:15 AM

Fed up with this kinda chat.

They got thumped in their last two games cause they’re crap. Stop giving them that excuse, they’re using it themselves as a kinda comfort blanket.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Anyone who thinks we will hammer them is blinkered.

Eh? Anyone who has seen anything of Hibs or a Hearts this season will know that we will thump them.

Did you watch their game last night? Watch it again without the blinkers and you’ll come round to our way of thinking!

SirDavidsNapper
28-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Eh? Anyone who has seen anything of Hibs or a Hearts this season will know that we will thump them.

Did you watch their game last night? Watch it again without the blinkers and you’ll come round to our way of thinking!

When did we last pump them at Tynecastle? At ER i think we would

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 09:29 AM
I'm actually amazed at the level of fear and negativity still hanging on amongst some of the supporters on here. There should be only one set of fans dreading this fixture... and it ain't us

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Donkeys ago.

Completley irrelevant though. How many times did we play them at Tynie with Levein in charge and a bunch of kids in their midfield?

Cup game could easily have gone our way and we were cheated out of the 3points last time round.

The arrogance of Levein to think that he can chuck in a couple of 17 year old laddies to go up against our midfield is mind boggling.

We’ll smash them. Might even end them as a club :na na:

Hibs07p
28-04-2018, 09:35 AM
My money is on Clancy.

I reckon Clancy's being kept for the Huns game.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-04-2018, 09:36 AM
If you can bring yourself to read the Paulo Sergio thread on clownback the majority make it quite clear they want to bring him back just to beat us, no wonder they will never win anything again, absolute roasters.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 09:42 AM
If you can bring yourself to read the Paulo Sergio thread on clownback the majority make it quite clear they want to bring him back just to beat us, no wonder they will never win anything again, absolute roasters.

Not one of them recognising the fact that his team was still being paid for with 'other peoples money' and was the last throw of a club on the brink of bankruptcy

Hibrandenburg
28-04-2018, 09:49 AM
If Hibs win 5-1, then never mind Lennon, I'd happily get a tattoo of Levein on my tadger!

Just get the 5-1, at least that would fit :wink:

Pagan Hibernia
28-04-2018, 10:05 AM
They will be up for it against us. On a tight pitch and with Levein’s tactics unless we score early could be another 0-0.

We scored early last time and it still ended 0-0

SirDavidsNapper
28-04-2018, 10:18 AM
For as pish as they are they're unbeaten at the pbs this season and knocked us out the cup there. I think I've seen us hammer them once there around 20 years ago. We might win but it'll be tight.

calumhibee1
28-04-2018, 10:40 AM
For as pish as they are they're unbeaten at the pbs this season and knocked us out the cup there. I think I've seen us hammer them once there around 20 years ago. We might win but it'll be tight.

Exactly. I’m all for bravado and confidence but we won’t pump them, id put my house on it. We can definitely beat them, but it’ll be tight and it won’t be pretty on a 7 a side pitch with the surface of Saughton Park.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Being confident is fine but folk thinking we are are going to go and hump them 3, 4, 5 nil is just dreamland stuff. Bookmark this thread and read it again after the game.

snooky
28-04-2018, 10:51 AM
I've never been a fan of pre-match sabre-rattling.
Let's just be quiet and clinical and if we get the result we want, that's when we can wave our swords.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Hee hee, I know a good tattoo shop! You may regret posting this 😁Honestly mate, more likely to be you who regrets this thread. When did we last score 3 there? 4-4 derby?

Fuzzywuzzy
28-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Most teams tend to try and shut down mcginn. Wouldn't surprise me if they try to give him a extremely rough ride to the extent of injury. Some of their players will be away and not particularly give a **** about a red.

Hermit Crab
28-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Honestly mate, more likely to be you who regrets this thread. When did we last score 3 there? 4-4 derby?

Yep, before that it was Dec 1999 0-3.

hibsbollah
28-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Honestly mate, more likely to be you who regrets this thread. When did we last score 3 there? 4-4 derby?

Why would cat or anyone else who's predicting we are going to gub them, 'regret' saying so? It's just a prediction, it's not like the hearts players are going to print it out and stick it to the dressing room wall as motivation :faf:

They are gash. Demotivated badly out of form. We are playing the best football I've seen us play, and we're going for a European place. We're obvious favourites.

Thecat23
28-04-2018, 11:25 AM

I don’t get the theory that because we haven’t done them over for years it won’t ever happen again! The gulf in the two sides is massive. Ok the pitch could be an issue but we are and I think will go there and take at least 2 or 3.

Eyrie
28-04-2018, 11:29 AM
I don’t get the theory that because we haven’t done them over for years it won’t ever happen again! The gulf in the two sides is massive. Ok the pitch could be an issue but we are and I think will go there and take at least 2 or 3.

It could equally be argued that if we haven't done them over for years then it's long overdue.

And I agree that the current gulf makes that far more likely.

Gordy M
28-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Why would cat or anyone else who's predicting we are going to gub them, 'regret' saying so? It's just a prediction, it's not like the hearts players are going to print it out and stick it to the dressing room wall as motivation :faf:

They are gash. Demotivated badly out of form. We are playing the best football I've seen us play, and we're going for a European place. We're obvious favourites.

Totally agree�� said it before, easy to be negative, if you are wrong then obviously we have won and won well. If you are negative beforehand you can say .....ah i told you we wouldnt scud them. No lose situation in some folks eyes. Jeez if hibs.net cant be a place where we can say we will thump them, a place where green tinted glasses should be the 'norm', then what chance have we got?? 3 nil hibs��.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Hearts didn't lie down to anyone. They are just utter pish. I have no doubts that on top of their pishness they have probably downed tools a bit as they have nothing to play for but come derby Day they will be completely up for it. It really is the only match that will really matter to the players and fans for the rest of the season. I fully expect that Celtic will pump them as well and most likely Kilmarnock too. Hopefully it will be a run of five defeats to end the season

makaveli1875
Too much over confidence , we havnt won there for years . They havnt lost there in a while . They are mince but it wont be easy .

dchibs

A ***** on a *****.

WeeRussell
28-04-2018, 11:41 AM
When was the last time we won the Scottish cup?

southern hibby
28-04-2018, 11:47 AM
For years it’s been a case of Persevere and we did to the greatest footballing day of most of our lives. But ( for me at least ) it’s now a case of believe, since NL has come in its now a case of him getting amazing effort and results from our team. He’s making the players Believe and I do too.

We will absolutely demolish that Hertz team.

GGTTH

Thecat23
28-04-2018, 11:50 AM
It could equally be argued that if we haven't done them over for years then it's long overdue.

And I agree that the current gulf makes that far more likely.

Exactly, they really are due a turning over and I feel the team we have just now could do just that.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 12:00 PM
I hope the players are more confident than you lot on here!!

A total gubbing is on the cards for them!

CorrieHibs
28-04-2018, 12:14 PM

Agreed!

They're only in the top 6 to beat us. That's what their season has come down to.

No chance they'll play as badly as they have. They'll be fighting for every ball and using all the tricks in the book.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Agreed!

They're only in the top 6 to beat us. That's what their season has come down to.

No chance they'll play as badly as they have. They'll be fighting for every ball and using all the tricks in the book.

... and there's every chance they will. No chance they're suddenly gonna be good enough to turn us over. They are s****, no if's, but's or maybe's. We know it, they know it... and if they decide the only way they can compete is by going down the hard man route, they risk finishing the game with less than a full team and more space on the pitch for us

NZ Green
28-04-2018, 05:02 PM
I think its the state of the pitch that makes it hard to score at Tynie, I was surprised when they said they were upgrading the turf for next season as thats why their home record is so good.

neil7908
28-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Our defence will need to be better than today but equally going forward they should be very, very afraid of our forward line.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 06:06 PM
If we play like we did today against Hearts it’ll be 7-0 for us.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Our defence will need to be better than today but equally going forward they should be very, very afraid of our forward line.

Why? Killie are a damn sight better going forward than hertz. Hoofs forward are a lot easier to defend than what we had face today

tynehibs
28-04-2018, 06:29 PM
If we are 5-0 up with minutes to play .... Anyone want them to score ???

truehibernian
28-04-2018, 06:30 PM

Nope, I'd want a couple more :greengrin 0-7 please :aok:

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Nope, I'd want a couple more :greengrin 0-7 please :aok:

Seen that... Want more :greengrin

Famous Fiver
28-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Their match against us season defining for them.

However, I'm pretty confident.

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Their match against us season defining for them.

However, I'm pretty confident.

The only thing that will define their season will be the utter #dugsh**e they've made of it on and off the pitch. The unlikely event of them getting a result against us will not change that

Onceinawhile
28-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Just need a win don't care by how many.

CathroMustStay
28-04-2018, 08:48 PM
Just need a win don't care by how many.

is the correct answer.

Hermit Crab
06-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Still think we'll "pump" them?

Mikey
06-05-2018, 01:07 PM

It wouldn't matter how they played today you'd still be running scared.

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2018, 01:09 PM

He's right though

Mikey
06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
He's right though

BBC stats suggest that Celtic created 17 chances, and it aint finished yet. I'd take half of that on Wednesday.

IGRIGI
06-05-2018, 01:11 PM
People soiling themselves over a Hearts team that just got pumped off of a Celtic team that was on the piss in Tenerife :faf:

Mikey
06-05-2018, 01:14 PM
BBC stats suggest that Celtic created 17 chances, and it aint finished yet. I'd take half of that on Wednesday.

And the 18th chance goes in.......

Hermit Crab
06-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Running scared? I'm referring to the arrogance of some who are saying we will hump them, you know fine well thats what I'm on about.

Col2
06-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Hearts played well for 25 mins. Once Celtic equalized they fell out of it. 2nd half Hearts didn’t create one chance. Celtic strolled it in 1st gear.

Attitude from us needs to be 100% as they will be up for it. However you can’t hide the fact that they are dog **** in midfield. Berra and Lafferty are decent players but Cowie and Callaghan in midfield va McGinn and Allan. Please.

Borderhibbie76
06-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Running scared? I'm referring to the arrogance of some who are saying we will hump them, you know fine well thats what I'm on about.You do tho have a habit of soiling yourself on here pre-derbies mate?? We won't hump them I agree but absolutely nothing to fear

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

banarc7062
06-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Totally agree.

K.Marx
06-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Lafferty was subbed off injured (albeit not a serious looking one). Must make him a doubt for Wednesday. He’s barely laid a glove on us this season but is capable of a moment of magic as shown today so would prefer him to miss it.

Mikey
06-05-2018, 01:25 PM
People soiling themselves over a Hearts team that just got pumped off of a Celtic team that was on the piss in Tenerife :faf:

Nah, Just some sadcase who had to go back to page 5 to find this thread to try and prove a point.

18 chances and 3 goals shipped. Nuff said.

Keith_M
06-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Is it my imagination, or did Hearts just lose yet again today? They've now played the same number of games as us and are twenty points behind.

The fact they actually scored one goal away to Celtc doesn't exactly fill me with worry

hibbyfraelibby
06-05-2018, 01:38 PM

I'll take an og😁

therealgavmac
06-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I'll take an og😁

OG by Marvin...... but he celebrates it running in front of the Wheatfield giving it the 5-1 sign :greengrin

LichtieHibby
06-05-2018, 02:08 PM
I'll take an og😁

Could we not just hold up one hand and the middle finger in the other?! Says it all to me if a little rude 😉

snooky
06-05-2018, 02:33 PM
The thing is, the more times we beat them the bigger the head of steam that gets built up for the day when they get a result. Like after the Geebsie goal game when it was our time to release the pressure.
If they win this week, it'll be like winning the Champions League to them.

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 02:39 PM
The thing is, the more times we beat them the bigger the head of steam that gets built up for the day when they get a result. Like after the Geebsie goal game when it was our time to release the pressure.
If they win this week, it'll be like winning the Champions League to them.

What if they get to half time at 0-0? Is that Europa league or World Cup style celebration?

Sir David Gray
06-05-2018, 03:41 PM
What if they get to half time at 0-0? Is that Europa league or World Cup style celebration?

Guard of honour. :agree:

Thecat23
06-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Yep!! Why???

iwasthere1972
06-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Hope we do and that as many Hearts supporters stay behind at full time as last season (about 200) to clap and thank their team on getting 6th spot.

Ronniekirk
06-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Yep!! Why???

The long grass and every other trick they can think of to stop us playing football I assume is Hermits point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
06-05-2018, 06:32 PM

Fireworks from Queen Anne's erse. You heard it here first.

silverhibee
06-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Fireworks from Queen Anne's erse. You heard it here first.

Jobbies

SirDavidsNapper
06-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Wednesday is Hearts cup final. We ken it, they ken it Patsy.....

We define them. If they beat us it'll be bake sales galore in Gorgie over the summer. Red, white and blue bunting out the lot

we are hibs
06-05-2018, 06:54 PM
The main difference between now and last time we went to Tynie is that we now have a centre forward who's physical presence will get us up the park and a poacher alongside. I always feel like we need Boyle to have a good game at Tynie as he's the key to our attacking play on such a narrow pitch. Our midfield 3 is far superior to their one but it was the same in January and we were poor.

HibbyAndy
07-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Craig Thompson , Steven Naismith with his dirty hand tactics , Long grass , Outrageous refereeing decisions or not , Hearts STILL won't be good enough to beat hibs on Wednesday night , We own them in Derbies, And fine well they ****ing know it !

Hermit Crab
10-05-2018, 05:33 AM
i’m now convinced we will hand them a doing. Hearts are so bad it’s frightening. Hibs will go at them and they will fold if we score first and then we’ll get 2 or 3 more.

I’m sick of the negative pish when talking about derbies, now is a different time and i can’t see any other outcome than hibs win.

There i said it ��

:faf:

Hermit Crab
10-05-2018, 05:39 AM
Oh how a few must be feeling a tad embarrassed with their posts on this thread. Hibs shat it at tynecastle...again. We were going to score 3 or 4 though.

We have a better record at Ibrox ffs.

marinello59
10-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Oh how a few must be feeling a tad embarrassed with their posts on this thread. Hibs shat it at tynecastle...again. We were going to score 3 or 4 though.

We lose against hearts and you react by taking potshots at your fellow fans for having confidence in our team?
Sad, sad stuff.

matty_f
10-05-2018, 06:19 AM

Congratulations. You must be feeling great this morning.

Baader
10-05-2018, 06:23 AM

Well done you. :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 06:23 AM
We lose against hearts and you react by taking potshots at your fellow fans for having confidence in our team?
Sad, sad stuff.

To be fair, a few of the posters who expected us to spank them were having a pop at the ones who were saying it’ll be a tough game, won’t be a doing etc. Can’t really blame folk for turning round and saying I told you so after having people give it the “hope the players don’t have your attitude” “thank god you don’t play for/manage Hibs then” type posts. There was even folk saying that those who were saying it’ll be a tough game were running scared.

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2018, 06:25 AM

Yep, dunno why people make these laughable predictions and condensed those who disagree, I hope they aren't putting money on it. Always going to be close, they were never going to let us win easy.

Scottie
10-05-2018, 06:30 AM

Pathetic again from you Hermit. Easy to be wise after the event. Hope you enjoyed your victory last night btw. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Pathetic again from you Hermit. Easy to be wise after the event. Hope you enjoyed your victory last night btw. :rolleyes:

Not really being wise knowing we’d never pump hertz by 3 or 4at Tynecastle, its madness to predict we would though, as there is never anything in these games at that ****hole.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Not really being wise knowing we’d never pump hertz by 3 or 4at Tynecastle, its madness to predict we would though, as there is never anything in these games at that ****hole.

:agree: it’s just a big game of British bulldogs every time over there.

jeffers
10-05-2018, 07:39 AM

Absolutely. There is having confidence, but some of the comments beforehand amaze me. Our record there is terrible, even our two previous games there this season were one draw, one loss and zero goals scored. Obviously what we as fans say beforehand has no impact on the result, but I wish some posters would think before coming out with nonsense about us pumping them.

Gordy M
10-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Jeez imagine hibs fans on a hibs fans website 20 points clear of their rivals predicting we would spank them.....imagine the horror. FFS get a grip. We should see things through green tinted glasses and be confident. I certainly dont feel silly and come the next game il be telling the hearts fans i know we will thump then too. Its what supporters do isnt it???

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Jeez imagine hibs fans on a hibs fans website 20 points clear of their rivals predicting we would spank them.....imagine the horror. FFS get a grip. We should see things through green tinted glasses and be confident. I certainly dont feel silly and come the next game il be telling the hearts fans i know we will thump then too. Its what supporters do isnt it???

If people want to say that then go ahead. But by the same token, fans are entitled to be more logical about their predictions rather than predicting a 5 goal spanking without being told they’re running scared etc.

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2018, 08:18 AM

We have a better record at Ibrox ffs.Hate to admit it HC but u r correct...yet another insipid display over there...becoming Far too regular

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 08:43 AM

I genuinely think you will have enjoyed that last night. I think if Lennon plays Hamie and Dylan we would have. But hey ho he didn’t we lost. But a rolling about emoji over Hibs getting beat m, aye crack on.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 08:44 AM

Maybe you should go back to posting on Kickback as you have an account there right? You did tell us this a while ago. I know your a hibs fan but is that why you defend Hearts at any given time in case they ban you over the road?

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 08:48 AM
For me seeing this Hibs side this season and pumping The Rangers at Ibrox and seeing how bad Hearts were I thought a doing was on the cards because we are good enough on our day to do it. I apologise now for thinking we’ll pump the Huns Sunday as well.. how dare me!!

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 09:10 AM
For me seeing this Hibs side this season and pumping The Rangers at Ibrox and seeing how bad Hearts were I thought a doing was on the cards because we are good enough on our day to do it. I apologise now for thinking we’ll pump the Huns Sunday as well.. how dare me!!

I never thought we would hump them as they were treating last night as their cup final. Beating Hibs is all Levein cares about and despite them being pish this season, they have never really been humped.

However I did think we would get at least a draw last night and deep down I really thought we would win.

We live to fight another day, we move on.

HibeeHibernian4
10-05-2018, 09:12 AM

In what world have we ‘pumped’ Rangers at Ibrox this season?

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 09:18 AM
I never thought we would hump them as they were treating last night as their cup final. Beating Hibs is all Levein cares about and despite them being pish this season, they have never really been humped.

However I did think we would get at least a draw last night and deep down I really thought we would win.

We live to fight another day, we move on.

Yep, Its frustrating because they are crap. One game doesn’t change it. If we lost to say County it wouldn’t make them a good side. Hibs were poor last night that’s why we lost imo. Not because Hearts were any good. To stupid errors from us cost the team.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Who were the last team we pumped 3 or 4 nil?

Diclonius
10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
The last time we gave Hearts a "doing" at Tynecastle (i.e. a win by more than one goal) was last century. We have a fundamental problem with winning games over there and last night's tactics didn't help.

Once we start winning there more regularly (i.e. more than once every five years) I'll be optimistic about doing them. It doesn't happen and despite our improved approach to this fixture in the last few years it's something we have to work on.

CathroMustStay
10-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Sad, sad stuff.

A cretinous action indeed!

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Not surprised nobody has answered this, i cant remember either?

SideBurns
10-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Not surprised nobody has answered this, i cant remember either?

Killie at Rugby Park. But the last time we did it to Hearts at Tynie was in 1999 when they couldnae get the ball from Sauzee or Latapy. I'm never confident going there, and dont get the overconfidence felt by some fans - it ignores the history (recent and much older) of this fixture.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Killie at Rugby Park. But the last time we did it to Hearts at Tynie was in 1999 when they couldnae get the ball from Sauzee or Latapy. I'm never confident going there, and dont get the overconfidence felt by some fans - it ignores the history (recent and much older) of this fixture.

I nearly said the Killie game, but to be honest although we won 3-0, Rocky made some great saves and the woodwork saved us too if my memory is right.

While we won 3-0 it certainly did not feel like we pumped them that night.

Aye the 3-0 game at tynie was a night to remember, what a performance, bloody 19 years ago now, i suppose we were due them a pumping.:greengrin

SideBurns
10-05-2018, 08:16 PM
I nearly said the Killie game, but to be honest although we won 3-0, Rocky made some great saves and the woodwork saved us too if my memory is right.

While we won 3-0 it certainly did not feel like we pumped them that night.

Aye the 3-0 game at tynie was a night to remember, what a performance, bloody 19 years ago now, i suppose we were due them a pumping.:greengrin

Agreed BH - the Killie result was brilliant but flattering; the Millennium Derby on the other hand, every Jambo should've walked out relieved that their record home defeat was still only 7-0 😁

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Sad, sad stuff.

Yeah just like the pot shots taken at me saying I was running scared and that I'm a hearts fan...

If folk give it out they have to be able to take it.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 05:00 PM

You'll find I said that we were never going to pump them, Look at our record there. I cant believe folk thought we'd go there and score 4 or 5.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Maybe you should go back to posting on Kickback as you have an account there right? You did tell us this a while ago. I know your a hibs fan but is that why you defend Hearts at any given time in case they ban you over the road?

What has an account on kickback got to do with me posting on here? I don't defend them all the time, I'm just fair when it comes to discussions. Hearts have lost one game at home all season and this was their cup final. There was absolutely no danger we were going there and pumping them. Our record there speaks for itself. Shat it again.

Keith_M
11-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Really? You enjoy taking potshots at fellow Hibbies after we lose a derby?

That is really low, no wonder people call you a Yam.

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah just like the pot shots taken at me saying I was running scared and that I'm a hearts fan...

Exactly. Folk were full of bravado and calling people out for saying it’ll be a tough game - “glad the players don’t have your attitude” sort of comments. It’s no surprise that folk want to go back and point out they were right rather than just being a *****bag.

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Really? You enjoy taking potshots at fellow Hibbies after we lose a derby?

That is really low, no wonder people call you a Yam.

Plenty were willing to take potshots at fellow Hibbies for being *****bags for not subscribing to the 5 or 6-0 patter.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:13 PM
What has an account on kickback got to do with me posting on here? I don't defend them all the time, I'm just fair when it comes to discussions. Hearts have lost one game at home all season and this was their cup final. There was absolutely no danger we were going there and pumping them. Our record there speaks for itself. Shat it again.

You post a lot of stuff I fully agree with but you do go overboard with defending Hearts. Our record is poor there but because what was at stake and the season we’ve had under NL I fully expected a 0-3. We never played our best 11 on the night imo and as you know two bad errors cost us.

But to come on laughing because you were correct and I was wrong to have faith in my team was poor. If you can’t see that you sometimes are over defending Hearts that’s why you are having trouble understanding it.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:14 PM

I never once called you a Hearts fan btw.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Plenty were willing to take potshots at fellow Hibbies for being *****bags for not subscribing to the 5 or 6-0 patter.

Listen it wasn’t bravado, I fully believed in our team to go get that kind of result. Way folk were saying was why should we be scared of them? Many they won since 2012 compared to us?

Don’t need to be a ****bag but we should be full of belief we can go and turn them over.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2018, 05:23 PM

Nobody can tell me the last time we pumped any team, yet we were going to our greatest enemy, who we've not pumped in 18 years there, and we were going to hammer them?

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Nobody can tell me the last time we pumped any team, yet we were going to our greatest enemy, who we've not pumped in 18 years there, and we were going to hammer them?

Does it mean it will never happen though? This season Hibs have played brilliant football and been very unlucky to not give a team a doing. With the way Hearts have been playing even at home they haven’t done much.

You and HC were correct though didn’t happen so yeah well done lads 👍🏼

K.Marx
11-05-2018, 05:32 PM
I think people just underestimate how different a proposition hearts at tynecastle in a derby are, to say hearts away at Aberdeen. They are literally two completely different teams. We on the other hand struggle to adapt to the small pitch and intensity. You always get the best version of Hearts and the worst version of us. Been happening for umpteen years. Stubbs and Lennon haven’t managed a victory there so maybe need to bring back wee Pat Fenlon 🤪

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Does it mean it will never happen though? This season Hibs have played brilliant football and been very unlucky to not give a team a doing. With the way Hearts have been playing even at home they haven’t done much.

You and HC were correct though didn’t happen so yeah well done lads 👍🏼

I certainly am not looking for thanks, especially for predicting something that anyone with half a brain could see.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:34 PM
I certainly am not looking for thanks, especially for predicting something that anyone with half a brain could see.

And the constant digs carry on 😂😂

Stay classy G.

Ronniekirk
11-05-2018, 05:35 PM

You and HC were correct though didn’t happen so yeah well done lads [emoji1360]

Celtic are the only team to beat them since they returned to the revamped stadium that's why I didn't think we would hump them but agree we didn't play Right team and it was their Cup Final
But for what was at stake for us its the overall performance as s team that pissed me off Slipping and Sliding didn't help settle Team in early onslaught which we must of known would come
Thought I was over it till started posting about it again

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:36 PM
I think people just underestimate how different a proposition hearts at tynecastle in a derby are, to say hearts away at Aberdeen. They are literally two completely different teams. We on the other hand struggle to adapt to the small pitch and intensity. You always get the best version of Hearts and the worst version of us. Been happening for umpteen years. Stubbs and Lennon haven’t managed a victory there so maybe need to bring back wee Pat Fenlon 🤪

Don’t even joke about that 😂

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 05:36 PM

If you live in the real world you'd never predict Hibs to pump Hearts at Tynecastle. Can't believe the bookies had us odds on.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Celtic are the only team to beat them since they returned to the revamped stadium that's why I didn't think we would hump them but agree we didn't play Right team and it was their Cup Final
But for what was at stake for us its the overall performance as s team that pissed me off Slipping and Sliding didn't help settle Team in early onslaught which we must of known would come
Thought I was over it till started posting about it again

The slipping was frustrating can see why Lennon got so angry as well. Still don’t know though why he’d play that line up but it is what it is. I think and still think Hibs are a far better side than the performance they put on and the doing that some think will never happen will happen.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:40 PM
If you live in the real world you'd never predict Hibs to pump Hearts at Tynecastle. Can't believe the bookies had us odds on.

They rightly had us favourites because of the 20 point gap. That was the real world by the way. They’ve one what?... 2 or 3 derbies in 12 or 13 games.

HibbyAndy
11-05-2018, 05:44 PM
They rightly had us favourites because of the 20 point gap. That was the real world by the way. They’ve one what?... 2 or 3 derbies in 12 or 13 games.

I would have had us odds on too ...1 defeat in 17 and aiming for 2nd place , And miles and miles ahead of hearts in the league.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 05:48 PM
I would have had us odds on too ...1 defeat in 17 and aiming for 2nd place , And miles and miles ahead of hearts in the league.

Correct Andy and that’s why Hibs were favs. But that means we don’t live in the real world!

lyonhibs
11-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Always keep expectations on the down low for games at Tynecastle for the very reason we saw on Wednesday. Didn't think it would happen to a Lennon team but seems like getting out fought and out thought at that dump can happen to any Hibs team.

Some of the " told you so chat" is ***** patter though

tynehibs
11-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Presume you lumped on hertz at 7/2 then ?

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Presume you lumped on hertz at 7/2 then ?

You presume wrong.

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Hearts have lost 1 game at home. Our away derby record is a shocker. They already beat us at tynecastle this season. Bookies wrongly priced Hibs and cleaned up with those who backed them.

Thecat23
11-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Hearts have lost 1 game at home. Our away derby record is a shocker. They already beat us at tynecastle this season. Bookies wrongly priced Hibs and cleaned up with those who backed them.

They didn’t wrongly back us though even though we lost Hibs were strong favourites due to our league position. If WBA beat Man City would that mean the bookies priced that wrong?

They went with the form team which was Hibs. You claim to try be fair yet you are taking away what our away record this season has been. As I said I feel you over defend Hearts a lot of the time and because of it some thought you were a jambo. Surely that must set alarm bells ringing?

Hermit Crab
11-05-2018, 09:19 PM
They didn’t wrongly back us though even though we lost Hibs were strong favourites due to our league position. If WBA beat Man City would that mean the bookies priced that wrong?

They went with the form team which was Hibs. You claim to try be fair yet you are taking away what our away record this season has been. As I said I feel you over defend Hearts a lot of the time and because of it some thought you were a jambo. Surely that must set alarm bells ringing?

I’m impartial when it comes to Hibs/hearts. Were alarm bells not ringing about your predictions when you said kenny miller would sign for us for about 5 seasons in a row?