PDA

View Full Version : BT Sports Scottish football

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 09:00 PM
I have to say I absolutely love it. It’s not your normal two bland pundits sitting in a studio trying not to rock the boat, it’s a group of guys who say it like it is. None of the usual cliches and talking the game down. Well done BT.

bingo70
27-04-2018, 09:01 PM
I have to say I absolutely love it. It’s not your normal two bland pundits sitting in a studio trying not to rock the boat, it’s a group of guys who say it like it is. None of the usual cliches and talking the game down. Well done BT.

Great fun tonight especially.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Great fun tonight especially.
It was. The good thing is it’s got the potential to be like that or better every time. I’ve lost count of the amount of times there’s been serious arguments on that show. I love it.

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Sutton and Stewart are decent pundits. Even McCoist is being a bit more outspoken these days.

Mantis Toboggan
27-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Very much so. It's not as stuck up as the sky coverage and is so much better for it. Was the same with the sadly cancelled European Football Show.

Hiber-nation
27-04-2018, 09:17 PM
It's excellent. Even Coisty made a point of praising Hibs tonight.

bingo70
27-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Very much so. It's not as stuck up as the sky coverage and is so much better for it. Was the same with the sadly cancelled European Football Show.

Compare that with sky interviewing Andy Walker for the big games and it’s night and day.

Scottie
27-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Unfortunately let down by that clown Stephen Craigan. (The Andy Walker of BT Sport)

Apart from that BT Sports coverage is excellent

Billy Whizz
27-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Unfortunately let down by that clown Stephen Craigan. (The Andy Walker of BT Sport)

It’s probably more a “fans production”

Craig_HFC
27-04-2018, 09:19 PM
I hope we punt Sky and give all the rights to BT in the next TV deal.

They actually give a **** about Scottish football and don’t treat it as if it’s a nuisance & only there to fill a gap between English games like Sky do.

bingo70
27-04-2018, 09:22 PM

He’s alright I think.

Don’t agree with everything he says but he gives his opinion, talks positively and passionately about our game and is generally pretty good humoured (is that even a phrase or did I just make it up?)

Stubbs is normally an excellent pundit too but he could say anything and I’d say he’s an excellent pundit.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 09:25 PM
He’s alright I think.

Don’t agree with everything he says but he gives his opinion, talks positively and passionately about our game and is generally pretty good humoured (is that even a phrase or did I just make it up?)

Stubbs is normally an excellent pundit too but he could say anything and I’d say he’s an excellent pundit.
I agree about Craigan, I don’t agree with him most of the time, but he supports the game up here and he adds to the entertainment. Some of the videos with him slide tackling Sutton are really funny.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 09:42 PM

They actually give a **** about Scottish football and don’t treat it as if it’s a nuisance & only there to fill a gap between English games like Sky do.
Same here. All the games on bt would be great for Scottish football.

southsider
27-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Mikey Stewart is great and he hates CL with a real passion. Had a go tonight at Sutton for supporting CL.

Nicho87
27-04-2018, 10:00 PM
I have to say I like listening to mccoist always high praise of hibs and a likeable character. Sutton I just find hilarious. Stewart is great purely cause he hates levein

B.H.F.C
27-04-2018, 10:06 PM

BT want it to themselves. Sky don’t want to lose the Old Firm games. So whatever happens, even Doncaster should be able to get a much improved deal. It’s up for renewal this year apparently.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 10:09 PM
BT want it to themselves. Sky don’t want to lose the Old Firm games. So whatever happens, even Doncaster should be able to get a much improved deal. It’s up for renewal this year apparently.
For the he good of Scottish football I hope bt wins. It will be sad to lose one of our own in Luke Shanley though. Great guy who is a hibee through and through.

California-Hibs
27-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Love it too, its great!

B.H.F.C
27-04-2018, 10:15 PM
For the he good of Scottish football I hope bt wins. It will be sad to lose one of our own in Luke Shanley though. Great guy who is a hibee through and through.

Much better for the armchair fans if BT win as their coverage is far superior. But at their end of the day, if sky offer a superior financial package then that is what really benefits the game - as long as there is a fair distribution of the cash.

calumhibee1
27-04-2018, 10:28 PM
BT is streets ahead when it comes to Scottish football. :agree:

CathroMustStay
27-04-2018, 11:39 PM
BT's coverage of Scottish fitbaw is miles better than Sky Sports.

stoneyburn hibs
28-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Bt are bamming it up. It's romantic to think that they give a **** more than Sky.
Next.

overdrive
28-04-2018, 12:30 AM
Did I hear Craigan right tonight? He said he was a massive hun? Not really a surprise but why say that on TV?

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Did I hear Craigan right tonight? He said he was a massive hun? Not really a surprise but why say that on TV?
Thought his eyes were too close together.

eastcoasthibby
28-04-2018, 06:41 AM
Craigan is the weakest link and comes away with some crap, he shows too much bias, not a fan of his at all.

Pretty Boy
28-04-2018, 06:42 AM
Far superior to Sky, they actually seem to care.

I don't ubderstand why it seems so important that we have a joint TV deal, we should see if BT want it exclusively anf what they would pay for it. It might even start a bidding war and get us more money.

Col2
28-04-2018, 06:52 AM
It’s superb coverage.

Lots of decent pundits, great game coverage, lots of time before and after and they discuss wider Scottish football topics. Miles ahead of sky and they have properly invested and committed to making it work.

hibee_girl
28-04-2018, 08:58 AM

No, he was teasing Sutton for knowing what season Lafferty scored 15 goals for Rangers. He said it’s cos ‘he’s a massive rangers fan’

overdrive
28-04-2018, 09:03 AM
No, he was teasing Sutton for knowing what season Lafferty scored 15 goals for Rangers. He said it’s cos ‘he’s a massive rangers fan’

Ah, I walked in just as it was said and I thought he said “I” rather than “he”

we are hibs
28-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Can't stand it when Butcher's on. His "sense of humour" when commentating gets on my tits.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 09:09 AM
^^ “ Sorry Steven, I called it wrong, you’re alright really” :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
28-04-2018, 10:37 AM

I agree, he’s full of himself and will happily take 500 words to say what he could have said in 50.

As for that accent, it’s like listening to finger nails scraping a blackboard.

Craigan and Glenn Hoddle are the most annoying people on TV and I immediately look for the mute button whenever I hear them - thank god for radio commentary while watching BT.

bingo70
28-04-2018, 10:40 AM
I agree, he’s full of himself and will happily take 500 words to say what he could have said in 50.

As for that accent, it’s like listening to finger nails scraping a blackboard.

Craigan and Glenn Hoddle are the most annoying people on TV and I immediately look for the mute button whenever I hear them - thank god for radio commentary while watching BT.

Neither are a patch on Mark Lawrenson

ToffeeCabbage
28-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Neither are a patch on Mark LawrensonLawrenson is abysmal and has the worst patter going. Saying that nobody beats Garth Crooks for me in the poor pundit parade. Absolute whopper. Big fan of the BT coverage though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Charlie Nicholas on Soccer Saturday is the worst, constant shouting in that weegie accent gets on my two bob bits, always a bonus when he gets a 0 0 draw to watch.

Elephant Stone
28-04-2018, 12:21 PM
BT’s coverage is miles ahead of Sky’s. Less of Butcher and Craigan and it would be perfect.

RyeSloan
28-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Lawrenson is abysmal and has the worst patter going. Saying that nobody beats Garth Crooks for me in the poor pundit parade. Absolute whopper. Big fan of the BT coverage though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can’t believe Lawrenson still gets air time but it’s mercifully few and far between now.

Sadly Danny Murphy seems to have replaced him some what and at least Lawrenson sounded half awake. Dour doesn’t even begin to describe Danny.

As for the OP, BT coverage is pretty good and as others have said is particularly strong in terms of the time they give to the build up features and analysis.

Greentinted
28-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Can’t believe Lawrenson still gets air time but it’s mercifully few and far between now.

He’ll be getting wheeled out for the World Cup to dazzle us with his incisive analyses and scintillating chat...

DavieRoy
28-04-2018, 06:06 PM
The thing for me is BT don’t do anything during the week, that for me is as much part of the coverage than the matchdays. If they don’t have a live game one week, then you might not see or hear any Scottish material for weeks. That is part of the coverage for me.

Sky have Sky Sports News and the On Demand service with interviews and classic games to download. Hopefully they do more of that. Their Edinburgh Derby day stuff was brilliant.

BT have mixed it up, both should be in for the rights which is positive. Sky pay the majority of the current deal, so it balances out. They pay 2/3 of the current deal to BT 1/3. That is investment.

lord bunberry
28-04-2018, 06:18 PM
The thing for me is BT don’t do anything during the week, that for me is as much part of the coverage than the matchdays. If they don’t have a live game one week, then you might not see or hear any Scottish material for weeks. That is part of the coverage for me.

Sky have Sky Sports News and the On Demand service with interviews and classic games to download. Hopefully they do more of that. Their Edinburgh Derby day stuff was brilliant.

BT have mixed it up, both should be in for the rights which is positive. Sky pay the majority of the current deal, so it balances out. They pay 2/3 of the current deal to BT 1/3. That is investment.
The derby stuff was excellent. Having a good hibee like Luke Shanley working for sky is a real bonus.