PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ALLAN: "I'VE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE"

RSS Bot
27-04-2018, 06:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8639)

Jack Hackett
27-04-2018, 06:15 PM
He definitely would if he could :deal: :hyper

Pretty Boy
27-04-2018, 06:17 PM
I think he finally gets what we all knew. Hibs are good for him and he's good for Hibs; hopefully we can sort something out.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 06:22 PM
I think he finally gets what we all knew. Hibs are good for him and he's good for Hibs; hopefully we can sort something out.

Bang on, I’m 99% confident he will be here next season.

jacomo
27-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Bang on, I’m 99% confident he will be here next season.

Why are we signing Ali Crawford?

We could have him, SA, Danny Swanson and Fraser Murray all for one attacking midfield slot . Really?

Eyrie
27-04-2018, 06:57 PM

We could have him, SA, Danny Swanson and Fraser Murray all for one attacking midfield slot . Really?

We should send Murray out on loan in the Championship to get regular playing time.

Allant1981
27-04-2018, 07:01 PM

because swanson still has to prove himself and murray is untested

GreenLake
27-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Whatever I thought before, it’s great watching him play and he has been playing really well.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 07:07 PM

McGinn and Swanson I think will be gone.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2018, 07:12 PM

Swanson will be at Easter rd next season no doubt about it

cmcd
27-04-2018, 07:17 PM

I honestly believe Mcginn will be at Easter Road next season

HibbyAndy
27-04-2018, 07:19 PM
I honestly believe Mcginn will be at Easter Road next season

Hope so but can't see it unless he signs a new deal as we won't let him walk for free in a years time

Michael
27-04-2018, 07:21 PM

The Swanson that played against Celtic would be "like a new signing".

keep the faith
27-04-2018, 07:21 PM
This happy and commited Scott Allan is a joy to watch and could be the centre point of our team for the next few years.
Get it signed Scotty!

jacomo
27-04-2018, 07:22 PM

McGinn plays a different role.

If he goes it seems to leave us with a surplus of attacking midfielders and lack of central midfielders.

HibbyAndy
27-04-2018, 07:23 PM
The Swanson that played against Celtic would be "like a new signing".

:agree: Was outstanding , Personal life has been been a hammer blow to his career at hibs but we will see the best of him next season

Gmack7
27-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Scott Allan won't be at Celtic so we must be strong favourites

Vini1875
27-04-2018, 08:50 PM
He speaks very well, like he has given it some thought. Football players don't always appear to be the most articulate. I get the feeling that Scott has considered his work life balance and would consider staying at Hibs even if it meant a bit less money.

Franck Stanton
27-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Heard from a guy at the sellik game that Scott has been offered a 3 year deal. Guy has relative on 1st team coaching staff.c

southsider
27-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Can we ? Still has a year left on Celtic contract has he not ?

ancient hibee
27-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Heard from a guy at the sellik game that Scott has been offered a 3 year deal. Guy has relative on 1st team coaching staff.c
He’s at Celtic for another year.So can’t offer him anything until that’s sorted.

B.H.F.C
27-04-2018, 10:11 PM

It’s what Celtic get that will be the stumbling block. Peter Lawell isn’t the easiest to deal with.

If Allan was out of contract he’d be here without a doubt.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 10:33 PM
Deep intake of breathe. Scotty wants to be here, we want Scotty to be here. It will happen.

keep the faith
27-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Deep intake of breathe. Scotty wants to be here, we want Scotty to be here. It will happen.

He certainly does want to stay 😊

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IGOkQ3PNhs4

BegbieHSC
28-04-2018, 12:29 AM
I’m not gonna lie - I couldn’t get over him trying to manufacture a move to the Huns, and at that Dundee away game at the start of the season I cheered whenever a hard tackle was put in, and booed when he was on the ball.

Now I’m so delighted that he’s back, and playing great football for us. He seems to have matured a lot since 2015, and be an even better player than he was before. It’s brilliant that he’s happy too. Hope you’re here for the long hall, Scotty. **** the Huns!

jgl07
28-04-2018, 12:41 AM
McGinn plays a different role.

If he goes it seems to leave us with a surplus of attacking midfielders and lack of central midfielders.

What is the difference between a 'central midfielder' and an 'attacking midfielder'?

I know the difference between an 'attacking midfielder' (e.g. Scott Allan) and a 'defensive midfielder' (e.g. Marvin Bartley). I also know the difference between a 'central midfielder' (e.g. John McGinn) and a 'wide midfielder' (e.g. Martin Boyle). There are also 'box to box' midfielders and 'playmakers'.

OK if McGinn and McGeouch depart and Allen is signed full time and joined by Crawford with Danny Swanson stays, does this mean that the team is unbalanced? It all depends on the system used. Does Lennon shoehorn players into a rigid system or does he use the players at his disposal to their best effect. I suspect the latter. In any event, Hibs are not short of defensive midfielders with Marvin and Efi Ambrose available,

Hibs could go into next season with a midfield consisting of: Marvin Bartley, Vykintas Slivka, Scott Allen, Ali Crawford, Danny Swanson plus Martin Boyle. Maybe Brandon Barker could even be back as another wide midfielder?

The players needed by Hibs depends on the system used. Surely a coherent team could be crafted from that personnel?

Manchester City go with one striker (Aguero or Jesus), two attacking midfielder (number 10s) (David Silva and De Bruyne), two wide midfielders (Sterling and Sane), one defensive midfielder (number 8) (Fernandinho). Add in a back four and a goalkeeper and you have a team.

Hibs have generally played with twp strikers but this may npt be the case next season depending if Kamberi and Maclaren come back and of Simon Murray returns?

Maybe it is too soon to start picking holes in Hibs recruitment strategy?

Lago
28-04-2018, 11:40 AM
Absolutely a great interview, superb.

The Spaceman
28-04-2018, 11:55 AM
Scott wants to be here and we want him here - we are the only club that has clicked for him and he knows it. I would be amazed if he isn't in a Hibs strip this time next year and think we will see him stroll it in midfield for us for a few seasons yet!

jacomo
28-04-2018, 12:03 PM
What is the difference between a 'central midfielder' and an 'attacking midfielder'?

I know the difference between an 'attacking midfielder' (e.g. Scott Allan) and a 'defensive midfielder' (e.g. Marvin Bartley). I also know the difference between a 'central midfielder' (e.g. John McGinn) and a 'wide midfielder' (e.g. Martin Boyle). There are also 'box to box' midfielders and 'playmakers'.

OK if McGinn and McGeouch depart and Allen is signed full time and joined by Crawford with Danny Swanson stays, does this mean that the team is unbalanced? It all depends on the system used. Does Lennon shoehorn players into a rigid system or does he use the players at his disposal to their best effect. I suspect the latter. In any event, Hibs are not short of defensive midfielders with Marvin and Efi Ambrose available,

Hibs could go into next season with a midfield consisting of: Marvin Bartley, Vykintas Slivka, Scott Allen, Ali Crawford, Danny Swanson plus Martin Boyle. Maybe Brandon Barker could even be back as another wide midfielder?

The players needed by Hibs depends on the system used. Surely a coherent team could be crafted from that personnel?

Manchester City go with one striker (Aguero or Jesus), two attacking midfielder (number 10s) (David Silva and De Bruyne), two wide midfielders (Sterling and Sane), one defensive midfielder (number 8) (Fernandinho). Add in a back four and a goalkeeper and you have a team.

Hibs have generally played with twp strikers but this may npt be the case next season depending if Kamberi and Maclaren come back and of Simon Murray returns?

Maybe it is too soon to start picking holes in Hibs recruitment strategy?

Really?

Hate to break it to you but we are not Man City.

Personally, if offered a choice of Dylan or Scott next season, for our team in this league, I would prefer Dylan.

keep the faith
28-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Really?

Hate to break it to you but we are not Man City.

Personally, if offered a choice of Dylan or Scott next season, for our team in this league, I would prefer Dylan.

Not me. Scott Allan wins us points and would be my no 1 priority for next season. I would of course love us to keep Dylan though.

Joe Baker2
28-04-2018, 05:54 PM
fingers crossed for next season.

WhileTheChief..
28-04-2018, 05:58 PM
I was lucky enough to be in hospitality today.

After the game he was talking about some banter between McGinn, McGeough and himself and said he couldn’t wait until next season.

He’ll be our player soon enough.

jeffers
28-04-2018, 06:02 PM
I was lucky enough to be in hospitality today.

After the game he was talking about some banter between McGinn, McGeough and himself and said he couldn’t wait until next season.

He’ll be our player soon enough.

Great news ! I thought he was superb in his first spell, but imo he's a more rounded player now. He works hard for the team, isn't as guilty as trying the miracle pass as often and has added some goals to his game. I really hope he's with us next season.