PDA

View Full Version : Manager of the Year

muzzando
27-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Lennon up for manager of the year against Brendan Rodgers, Steve Clarke and Jack Ross

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 11:01 AM
I really cant see past Lennon tbh. Fighting for second in the league and a cup semi final is very good in our first season back. Lennon or Clarke should win.

Michael
27-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Lennon, Clarke or Ross are all worthy winners in my opinion.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2018, 11:04 AM
The 4 correct candidates.

Smartie
27-04-2018, 11:06 AM
A decent case can be made for all four tbh, there really isn't much in it, although there are still some significant games to be played.

Hibs finishing second or Celtic failing to win the treble might sway it one way or another.

Coults1875
27-04-2018, 11:09 AM
As much as i would love to see Lenny win it, personally i don't see anyone outperforming what Steve Clarke has done at Kilmarnock. They were in a really bad place when Lee McCulloch left (don't think they had won a game?) and they are now flying high and have caused problems for not only us but the bigoted brothers as well!

27-04-2018, 11:09 AM
The 4 correct candidates.

Absolutely, the correct 4. And IMO you can make a very valid case for all 4. St Mirren have been outstanding and consistent all season. Clarke has done a great job with largely the same squad as was there before he got there. They look a decent team flying now. Lennon - well we all know what he's done to progress us this season, our first back up. And Rodgers - a double treble, even with Celtic's huge financial advantage, is no mean feet.

No doubting Rodgers will get it though (assuming they completed the double treble). And they'll (or Brown & Tierney) win the 2 POTY awards too, I suspect.

Diclonius
27-04-2018, 11:10 AM
It'll be Clarke, though Lennon would be a close second.

Souter96Mac
27-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Surprised maybe Robinson is not up there, but the other four are definitely deserving. Without hibs tinted specs, I'd say Clarke, just for the sheer phenomenonal turnaround he influenced with Killie. In his 25 league games, he's only lost 4 games with I think three of them to Aberdeen.

GlesgaeHibby
27-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Correct 4 candidates, although Robinson at Motherwell has done well in reaching two cup finals as has the Livingston Manager steering his side to 2nd after promotion last year.

SuperAllyMcleod
27-04-2018, 11:22 AM
It will be Rodgers as the vote (and the ceremony) will take place before the end of the season. The assumption will be back to back trebles.

If Celtic fail to win the treble it should be Clark and if Hibs finish second it should be Lennon but it’s too late now.

Same thing happened to Stubbsy - both Cup Finals while in the Championship, winning (the big) one but never won the manager of the year as the ceremony was the week before the final.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-04-2018, 11:24 AM
No Murty?

When's the statement due?

.Sean.
27-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Brendan Rogers shouldn’t be near it. The Motherwell manager should be in instead.

Between Lennon and Clarke for it.

jacomo
27-04-2018, 11:48 AM
A decent case can be made for all four tbh, there really isn't much in it, although there are still some significant games to be played.

Hibs finishing second or Celtic failing to win the treble might sway it one way or another.

:agree: but it’s announced this weekend I think, so final results won’t be in.

Seveno
27-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Rodgers has only won the League Cup this season, to date. Contrary to expections, and their massive player budget, they have not won the League yet. Each of the other managers have a very strong case.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Rodgers has only won the League Cup this season, to date. Contrary to expections, and their massive player budget, they have not won the League yet. Each of the other managers have a very strong case.

But they could have done by the time the awards are given out (Sunday night)

Seveno
27-04-2018, 12:08 PM

The point that I am making is that they haven’t run away with it despite their massive resources. They have gone backwards since last season.

Hibbyradge
27-04-2018, 12:11 PM

Rodgers will win it. Celtic have effectively won the league already. Even if they lose all their remaining games, no-one will catch them.

If you win a double you're the manager of the year, never mind being on course for a treble, and a back to back one at that.

You're right that all 4 managers have done well, but Scottish football would be a laughing stock if a manager who won everything was overlooked for example, for someone who, in Clarke's case, came 5th in the league.

number9dream
27-04-2018, 12:20 PM
All the votes for player & manager awards were cast weeks ago. The shortlist is just the top four, there’s no second round of voting before Sunday.

Eyrie
27-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Clarke turning round the same squad of players that struggled at the start of the season is better management than Rodgers spending his bloated budget to win the treble, which in turn is a bigger achievement than the turnaround that Ross has overseen at St Mirren. I'm pleased Lennon got the other nomination, although with two cup finals Robinson has a good case.

Stewboy
27-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Lennon has been superb, however can’t really argue if Clarke wins it. He didn’t have a pre season with the team and inherited a shambles, fair play to him

Comiston Hibee
27-04-2018, 09:29 PM

As with all these end of season awards complete nonsense they are handed out before the last ball is kicked in the 95th minute (99th if Rangers were in the cup final) of the last game of the season

Comiston Hibee
27-04-2018, 09:30 PM
As with all these end of season awards complete nonsense they are handed out before the last ball is kicked in the 95th minute (99th if Rangers were in the cup final) of the last game of the season

We live in a 24 hr 7days a week society now- why make these decisions so early?