PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian v Kilmarnock Pre game thoughts

Billy Whizz
27-04-2018, 09:18 AM
The games just get bigger and bigger. Played the champions elect last week, and tomorrow we have a chance to cement at least 4th place, maybe even finish the day higher up the table, dependent on other weekend results

Reading that McGregor is free from injury, and Allan and Bartley are available again as well. Great to have a strong squad again. Will give Neil a few things to consider. Will he bring Daz back in, to play up against Boyd, if he does, who drops out? Think if Jones is fit for Killie, we need to play with a orthodox right back?
Will Scottie boy come back in, or will he stick with Swanson?

3 points tomorrow, will be a fantastic achievement, and will give us massive momentum, going into 2 tough away matches

Can’t wait!

B.H.F.C
27-04-2018, 09:30 AM
All that matters tomorrow is winning. I really don’t care how we do it, we just need to win.

The work we’ve done since the winter break, to get in to the position we are in, has been incredible and I really don’t want to throw it away.

Anything less than a win and we can forget getting second. I don’t see Hearts doing us any favours tonight and falling 5 or 6 points behind the sheep with 3 games to go would be too much to overturn IMO. On the flip side, Celtic will do us a favour this weekend so we need to make sure we take advantage.

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Personally would play same team as last week no one deserves to be dropped.

lumbo_hfc
27-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Not sure Allan deserves to be dropped either though. McGregor, if fully fit will come in for Whittaker too

Bostonhibby
27-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Win at all costs. I'm hoping maybe Killie's bubble was burst a bit last week, am concerned about Boyd being a problem for us, shouldn't be but he's having some season.

The only issue for me is whether to reintroduce Scott for Danny, I thought Swanson was tremendous last week and if fit deserves to continue, I'd play the same team as started last week introducing Scott / Slivka if it isn't working out, Nice position to be in.

IAmLee
27-04-2018, 10:11 AM

Although everyone played well vs Celtic, they did start getting some success when Sinclair came on and ran at Whitty, I wouldn't like to see him up against Jones who's been way better than Sinclair this season. Daz to come in for Whitty is the only obvious change I would make, Scott/Danny is a hard one, won't be an easy decision for the manager, I'd be tempted to start Scott and give Danny 20 mins.

Joe6-2
27-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Win at all costs. I'm hoping maybe Killie's bubble was burst a bit last week, am concerned about Boyd being a problem for us, shouldn't be but he's having some season.

The only issue for me is whether to reintroduce Scott for Danny, I thought Swanson was tremendous last week and if fit deserves to continue, I'd play the same team as started last week introducing Scott / Slivka if it isn't working out, Nice position to be in.

Definitely this!

Captain Trips
27-04-2018, 10:16 AM
We need 2 or 3 to win this and we are more than capable. Lets face it boyd will score.

Souter96Mac
27-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Get big Daz on Boyd. Last time we played at home he never lost a header or challenge against him, whereas I think Boyd had the better of Hanlon.

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Just win Hibs

Alan62
27-04-2018, 12:16 PM
The Swanson/Allan situation is a great position for the club to be in at this point in the season. Neil Lennon will know which to pick. Personally, while I really enjoyed Swanson's contribution to the game last week, I think Allan is the better player. Happy with either though. While McGregor could well return in the middle of a three at the back, we have a lot of options. I trust our manager to choose the right formation against Kilmarnock and, while they were good against us second half at their place, I'd expect us to win on a pitch where the ball actually rolls and doesn't bounce in a completely different direction to what's expected.

Make no mistake though, if we aren't up for the match, we'll be punished.

RoscoHibby
27-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Get big Daz on Boyd. Last time we played at home he never lost a header or challenge against him, whereas I think Boyd had the better of Hanlon.

Seen boyd on the telly following week commenting on how strong Daz was, with a slightly feart look on his face. Scored a good goal 1st minute but proceeded to be bitched the rest of the game...

Diclonius
27-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn McGeouch Allan

Boyle Kamberi Maclaren

1van Sprou7e
27-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Here Killie have injury problems, anyone got any knowledge of them?

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Here Killie have injury problems, anyone got any knowledge of them?

Mulumbu and Jones missed last weeks game no idea if they have recovered.

worcesterhibby
27-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Just looked on a Killi forum and they are in the dark too. Seemingly no team news at all coming from Clarke.

1van Sprou7e
27-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Reckon both players might be risked unless they are properly injured. If Killie-Hibs lose their season is over

bingo70
27-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Reckon both players might be risked unless they are properly injured. If Killie-Hibs lose their season is over

Their season is over anyway, even if they win tomorrow they’re not overtaking us.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Nervous.

LichtieHibby
27-04-2018, 01:46 PM
I had a Kilmarnock pie from Lidl on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I think we’re *****ed. Sorry.

heretoday
27-04-2018, 01:47 PM
It's a tough game. Aren't they all?

One nil Hibs.

calumhibee1
27-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Same team as last week but Allan in for Swanson. Harsh on Danny as he had a very good game last week but Allan was only out the team through no fault of his own and we need our strongest team out.

Would be tempted to bring Daz in for Whittaker if Jones is fit, if not I’d keep the back 4 as it was.

coldingham hibs
27-04-2018, 02:12 PM
I just hope all the hype over the Celtic game, Rangers Game, Player of the Year nomination & Manager of the Year nomination doesn’t mean we take our eye off the ball as we have done in the past. Killie will be ready and desperate to get back on their impressive run. Absolute 100% focus, attitude & desire required tomorrow.

Jim44
27-04-2018, 03:27 PM
If we go into the game with the same focus and pace as we did against Celtic, I think we will win.

wookie70
27-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Play to our abilities and we win. It has been a long time since we were really poor in a game, hope we can go another 4 without our bubble bursting. If we do we are off to Europe. Win tomorrow and we put huge pressure on the Dandy Dons and the Zombies. Moreover, we will only need to look up the way.

Hibernianinc
27-04-2018, 03:59 PM
For me this is absolutely the game to cement Lennon's credibility as the real deal.

Exactly the sort of games Hibs of old would lose after all the hard work.

3-1 Hibs.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Allan and McGregor back in for Whittaker and Swanson.
Both done well last week but the players they were standing in for are better and have been playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
27-04-2018, 04:10 PM
For me this is absolutely the game to cement Lennon's credibility as the real deal.

Exactly the sort of games Hibs of old would lose after all the hard work.

3-1 Hibs.

Hibs of old wouldn’t even be in the top six never mind battling for second place with four games left.

Albanian Hibs
27-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Allan and McGregor back in for Whittaker and Swanson.
Both done well last week but the players they were standing in for are better and have been playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I am too. Got to play our strongest team.

BegbieHSC
27-04-2018, 04:31 PM
I’d be going for

Marciano

Ambrose Hanlon Porteous

Boyle Mcginn Mcgeough Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi McLaren

I’m saying Porteous over Daz mainly because he’s just back from injury, and frankly Ryan’s a sensation.

27-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Expected to return according to the EEN.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-v-kilmarnock-match-preview-and-probable-teams-1-4731645

Aim Here
27-04-2018, 04:39 PM
I had a Kilmarnock pie from Lidl on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I think we’re *****ed. Sorry.

No worries. It takes place on *our* turf tomorrow, and that means *our* pies. A fortnightly diet of Killie pies will simply leave their mob completely unprepared for what they're going to get on Saturday. They won't know what hit them, at least not until they get the results back from the gastroenterology lab.

Garymcl
27-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Massive game we must get behind the team right from the start and through the 90 minutes we will win if we adapt the same attitude as last week cmon hibbys the team needs our backing again turn up in good voice :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Hibernianinc
27-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Hibs of old wouldn’t even be in the top six never mind battling for second place with four games left.

Agreed. Hibs of old, old then.