PDA

View Full Version : Steve Clarke Snubs The Rangers

Newcastlehibby
27-04-2018, 08:27 AM
According to the Daily Ranger in the BBC gossip column.
Excellent news.
Clearly a man with common sense and principles.

Fife-Hibee
27-04-2018, 08:29 AM
According to the Daily Ranger in the BBC gossip column.
Excellent news.
Clearly a man with common sense and principles.

Still waiting for them to release a statement about it.

The Rangers that is.

Hibernian Verse
27-04-2018, 08:32 AM
It beggars belief. We arra peepul how dare he.

cabbageandribs1875
27-04-2018, 08:34 AM
this particular manager of that particular club will now be called a taig papish so and so..., no surrender etc etc etc watp

danhibees1875
27-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Statement o'clock - they're going to pip Hearts to the Statement title. :hyper

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Would assume Clarke will go down south at the end of the season given his experience there and the job he is doing at Killie.

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 08:44 AM
So they can't attract a manager from Kilmarnock or Aberdeen, ticket allocation cut by Hibs and continuously dismantled by Celtic. That's the reality that the Rangers fans are struggling to accept. They just aint that relevant anymore.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Would assume Clarke will go down south at the end of the season given his experience there and the job he is doing at Killie.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. He’s from the Ayrshire area, and he seems to be enjoying being back home close to his family. It’s inevitable that he’ll go eventually, but I think he might still be there next season.

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 08:49 AM
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. He’s from the Ayrshire area, and he seems to be enjoying being back home close to his family. It’s inevitable that he’ll go eventually, but I think he might still be there next season.

Maybe so would assume he is still ambitious and think his head will be turned when English probably championship clubs start offering him possibilities.

hughio
27-04-2018, 08:50 AM

Has made his money I hear.

Thecat23
27-04-2018, 08:50 AM

This is what I think as well. He’s put himself back in the window and a bigger club will take him.

iwasthere1972
27-04-2018, 08:55 AM
How dare he. The brass neck. Turning down the best job in football. Traynor away to get some new crayons. Statement expected soon.

No surrender.

Elephant Stone
27-04-2018, 08:59 AM
No surprises there, he seems like a switched on guy.

Dashing Bob S
27-04-2018, 09:00 AM
So they can't attract a manager from Kilmarnock or Aberdeen, ticket allocation cut by Hibs and continuously dismantled by Celtic. That's the reality that the Rangers fans are struggling to accept. They just aint that relevant anymore.

Yes but a statement should get them all back onside.

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Maybe Clarke needs to wake up and realise Rangers are the people and the most successful and quintessentially British club in the whole wide world. Why would anyone turn them down?

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2018, 09:08 AM
It beggars belief that Steve Clarke would not have had the comcomitant desire to join this particular club where succulent lamb is served daily.

ballengeich
27-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Whit skool did he go tae but?

Geo_1875
27-04-2018, 09:16 AM
Maybe Clarke needs to wake up and realise Rangers are the people and the most successful and quintessentially British club in the whole wide world. Why would anyone turn them down?

I must disagree there. They have done well in their 6 short years of existence but hardly the most successful club in the world.

Their 3 consecutive promotions from the bottom league back to .......... WHAAAAAAT, you mean they didn't even skoosh through the leagues.

:wink::wink::wink:

J-C
27-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Seemingly he's a Celtic man through and through, he'll either be on Celtic's radar or heading back south with his reputation intact after what happened to him at WBA and Reading, he always had a fantastic rep as a coach at Chelsea.

IGRIGI
27-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Another trhaitor to the protestant cause.

Bostonhibby
27-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Cannae just be Steve Clarke, anyone else in the modern world fancy snubbing Sevco? Form an orderly queue.

Craig_HFC
27-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Seemingly he's a Celtic man through and through, he'll either be on Celtic's radar or heading back south with his reputation intact after what happened to him at WBA and Reading, he always had a fantastic rep as a coach at Chelsea.

Most of his family are of the Celtic persuasion (his uncle, Jim Clarke, played for them) but Steve Clarke is/was a Killie fan from childhood.

Captain Trips
27-04-2018, 10:14 AM
I like SC always have I think he will go down south I also think he is comfortable being an assistant and would still do that again if the right job came up.

Stonewall
27-04-2018, 10:15 AM

My friend (Celtic fan) was at school with Clarke and says he was a Kilmarnock fan.

Joe6-2
27-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Still waiting for them to release a statement about it.

The Rangers that is.

They will deny any inrterest

Captain Trips
27-04-2018, 10:21 AM
If I thought I was decent manager and supported Sevco I wouldnt go there just now. Very good chance of winning nothing and just being another who came and went. If they are serious their manager in order to win the league every signing has to work out fully as expected and other clubs have to falter.

They aint winning it next season and their fans will think they should.

Steven79
27-04-2018, 10:27 AM

It beggers belief that he would turn down such a job but if he's not upto it then he was never good enough in the first place.

WE ARE THE PEEEEEPLE

No surrender!!!

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 10:31 AM
The man is obviously a tarrier sympathiser.

Captain Trips
27-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Statement:

"We are currently in talks with several top drawer candidates just on the off chance Mr Murty gets punted (he has our full backing today). We have spoken to several particular mangers some whom are at no club in particular. We have our crayons ready for whoever is ready to sign to take us onto the next level whatever that is. A club of proud history any new manager will be able to spend 10 to 15 seconds reading about it all. It would begger belief if we cannot attract a manager of high calibur

Just remember WATP etc etc"

KerPlunk
27-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Steve Clarke on radio just now and stated categorically that there had been no contact from Sevco.
Sound familiar ?? Jabba and his goblins trying to stoke the fires of stupid Hundom, they’ve got ST’s to shift after all.......repeat of the McInnes saga.....
Beggars belief, so it does. :agree:

SuperAllyMcleod
27-04-2018, 11:18 AM
Nice to see The Huns try to unsettle Killie’s management team on the day before they play us. I can only assume that it’s a long term plan to do so before they play them.

HibbySpurs
27-04-2018, 11:21 AM
If true this shows just what a poisoned chalice this job is.

Shame really...... :faf:

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Nice to see The Huns try to unsettle Killie’s management team on the day before they play us. I can only assume that it’s a long term plan to do so before they play them.

Hopefully they try and make Killie their new biggest rivals instead of us

matty_f
27-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Anyone considering the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing. They can't compete with Celtc, that's the reality of the current landscape in Scottish football. No team can realistically challenge them for some time - the gulf that's there just now is huge and it's only going to get bigger.

At best, one team might get lucky and challenge on a one-off season but the likelihood of that happening is low.

Rangers can't attract players that would get into Celtc's team, they simply can't afford them.

What they can do is pay over the odds to players who would be earning more than their talent deserves to make it look like they're competing with Celtc.

Celtc can sign a player like Sinclair, for example, on the grounds that he knows he'll win the league, has a good chance of winning cups, and will get Champions League football. What Celtc get is a player that could probably get £10-20k/week more at somewhere like Everton or West Ham or that, but they want to achieve the leagues etc. Essentially, Celtc are able to get better value.

Rangers, on the other hand, have a harder sell - no CL football, criticism for not beating Celtc, etc. So they only really have the salary to sell the club - so they get players who might get £5-10k/week less in England, so they get less value for money.

It's barrie.

J-C
27-04-2018, 12:27 PM
My friend (Celtic fan) was at school with Clarke and says he was a Kilmarnock fan.

He may well be, just going by what I was told re his family, Killie fan or not I think his family's Celtic persuasion may stop him going there.

Baker9
27-04-2018, 12:28 PM
How dare he. The brass neck. Turning down the best job in football. Traynor away to get some new crayons. Statement expected soon.

No surrender.

And the cry is just surrender
Surrender then you'll die

Keith_M
27-04-2018, 12:38 PM
It Beggars Belief!

Stonewall
27-04-2018, 12:53 PM
He may well be, just going by what I was told re his family, Killie fan or not I think his family's Celtic persuasion may stop him going there.

Quite possibly.

Onceinawhile
27-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Anyone considering the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing. They can't compete with Celtc, that's the reality of the current landscape in Scottish football. No team can realistically challenge them for some time - the gulf that's there just now is huge and it's only going to get bigger.

At best, one team might get lucky and challenge on a one-off season but the likelihood of that happening is low.

Rangers can't attract players that would get into Celtc's team, they simply can't afford them.

What they can do is pay over the odds to players who would be earning more than their talent deserves to make it look like they're competing with Celtc.

Celtc can sign a player like Sinclair, for example, on the grounds that he knows he'll win the league, has a good chance of winning cups, and will get Champions League football. What Celtc get is a player that could probably get £10-20k/week more at somewhere like Everton or West Ham or that, but they want to achieve the leagues etc. Essentially, Celtc are able to get better value.

Rangers, on the other hand, have a harder sell - no CL football, criticism for not beating Celtc, etc. So they only really have the salary to sell the club - so they get players who might get £5-10k/week less in England, so they get less value for money.

It's barrie.

If Steve Clarke stays with Killie and improves his squad next season, there's a chance it could be them who challenge celtic for the league. They're averaging 2 points a game under Clarke which would take them to 76 over a full season. For reference, Celtic are only on 75 just now.

Eyrie
27-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Statement:

"We are currently in talks with several top drawer candidates just on the off chance Mr Murty gets punted (he has our full backing today). We have spoken to several particular managers some whom are at no club in particular. We have our crayons ready for whoever is ready to sign to take us onto the next level whatever that is. A club of proud history any new manager will be able to spend 10 to 15 seconds reading about it all. It would begger belief if we cannot attract a manager of high calibur

Just remember WATP etc etc"

Sevco have spoken to Lennon!

Allant1981
27-04-2018, 06:31 PM
If Steve Clarke stays with Killie and improves his squad next season, there's a chance it could be them who challenge celtic for the league. They're averaging 2 points a game under Clarke which would take them to 76 over a full season. For reference, Celtic are only on 75 just now.

sorry but there is no team in scotland that will challenge celtic for the league

Sir David Gray
27-04-2018, 06:32 PM

If only they could end the season in 4th, I reckon that may just finish them off.

Betty Boop
28-04-2018, 06:37 AM
According to Steve Clarke there was no contact whatsoever re the Rangers job.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Just signed a new deal at Killie, great bit of business for them:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44728306

Stranraer
05-07-2018, 02:23 PM

:agree: I think this is inevitable, especially if Killie are top 6 at Christmas

Mikey
05-07-2018, 02:30 PM
If they start the season well he'll be a candidate for one of the early sackings down south. He could easily be away by September.

The_Horde
05-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Just signed a new deal at Killie, great bit of business for them:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44728306

Strange they've not mentioned if there's any extension to the length of time. Seems they've just gave him more money?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2018, 04:29 PM
If they start the season well he'll be a candidate for one of the early sackings down south. He could easily be away by September.

Arguably, he may have taken them as far as he can already.

SirDavidsNapper
05-07-2018, 04:41 PM
I think Rangers will be sniffing around Clarke by Christmas

Stevie Reid
05-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Strange they've not mentioned if there's any extension to the length of time. Seems they've just gave him more money?

Yeah I think that's exactly what's happened. Improved rather than extended.

oneone73
05-07-2018, 06:10 PM
Yeah I think that's exactly what's happened. Improved rather than extended.

Maybe to improve the compensation when he goes.

Sammy7nil
05-07-2018, 06:50 PM

I thought his mum and dad are getting on and he wants to be near by. As for him being a sellick man I would have thought with his dour depressing persona he was made for the Rangers.