PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Terry Butcher

KSA Hibee
27-04-2018, 06:34 AM
I would personally like to thank Terry for becoming our Manager when he did.

I think if he hadn’t we would not be the club we are today .... I didn’t even bother watch the penalty shoot out with Hamilton that fateful day when we went down .... I just knew the writing was on the wall for us.

The club was on its knees and simply put I was falling out of love with the team I had supported for nearly 50 years.

Today we are unrecognisable as the same club .... from top to bottom, the teams on and off the field, but most importantly us the fans are all in a far stronger place, with a smile and with genuine pride for our club.

The wee teams victory last night sealing a league and cup double once again got me beaming with pride for Hibernian FC.

So Terry, if you are reading this by any chance a genuine thank from me and for what you did as a manager for our club .... you also took me to the depths of despair and the upward rise since you thankfully bu@@ered off has been some of the best years supporting my team ... and GIRUY by the way. :na na::na na::na na:

The Spaceman
27-04-2018, 06:47 AM
From those lows our star has risen rapidly to where we are now. I think, because those lows weren't actually that long ago, it has made us all appreciate these highs (which have been very high) all the more and really take it all in. We are in a great place as a club and this has been my favourite time as a Hibs supporter for sure.

Peevemor
27-04-2018, 06:48 AM

I think if he hadn’t we would not be the club we are today .... I didn’t even bother watch the penalty shoot out with Hamilton that fateful day when we went down .... I just knew the writing was on the wall for us.

The club was on its knees and simply put I was falling out of love with the team I had supported for nearly 50 years.

Today we are unrecognisable as the same club .... from top to bottom, the teams on and off the field, but most importantly us the fans are all in a far stronger place, with a smile and with genuine pride for our club.

The wee teams victory last night sealing a league and cup double once again got me beaming with pride for Hibernian FC.

So Terry, if you are reading this by any chance a genuine thank from me and for what you did as a manager for our club .... you also took me to the depths of despair and the upward rise since you thankfully bu@@ered off has been some of the best years supporting my team ... and GIRUY by the way. :na na::na na::na na:

I don't think so. Leeann Dempster was appointed when we were still in with a shout for a top six spot. I think it's pretty safe to say that Butcher wouldn't have lasted long under Dempster regardless of whether we were relegated.

The entire sturcture of the club has been changed by Leeann, with the backing of the board STF/RP, the idea being that managers, coaches and other staff can come and go but the machine carries on relatively unaffected.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2018, 06:51 AM
I’ll never thank Butcher for anything. Toxic man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
27-04-2018, 07:02 AM
If Butcher hadn't come along we could have started the rebuild from a better base. We are where we are in spite of him rather than in any way because of him. His antics after the Hamilton game and his behaviour towards a distraught Jason Cummings where those of a bully.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't think his 'tough love' might have been what we needed but it didn't work and his refusal to show any willingness to compromise cost us dear.

Carheenlea
27-04-2018, 07:10 AM
I was one who who celebrated when he got him, and believed the hype that this was the man for Hibs, along with Malpas and Mersella - the dream team.
Then as soon as Butcher pulled that stupid face during the press shoot at his unveiling, I knew it was a mistake.

Centre Hawf
27-04-2018, 07:13 AM
If Butcher hadn't come along we could have started the rebuild from a better base. We are where we are in spite of him rather than in any way because of him. His antics after the Hamilton game and his behaviour towards a distraught Jason Cummings where those of a bully.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't think his 'tough love' might have been what we needed but it didn't work and his refusal to show any willingness to compromise cost us dear.

What did he do to Jase?

Bishop Hibee
27-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Butcher is a footballing dinosaur. I’d rather thank the 2000 fans who turned up outside Easter Road to protest at the mess our club had become. This definitely helped focus minds at the top at Hibs and along with Dempster’s good work, started us along the road to the place we are now.

Is It On....
27-04-2018, 07:26 AM

I think that The Butcher was booted out by LD rather than bu@@ered of? A bit like his next, and probably final, "management" gig at Newport. Out of interest, does the KSA in your name imply you work in the Gulf?

Peevemor
27-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Butcher is a footballing dinosaur. I’d rather thank the 2000 fans who turned up outside Easter Road to protest at the mess our club had become. This definitely helped focus minds at the top at Hibs and along with Dempster’s good work, started us along the road to the place we are now.

Minds were already focused and Dempster's appointment had been announced months beforehand, heralding the wind of change that would be sweeping the club.

Pretty Boy
27-04-2018, 07:35 AM
What did he do to Jase?

Ignored him.

Jason was distraught at missing the penalty and Thomson and Craig were trying to console him. Butcher stormed into the managers room shouted something along the lines of 'it's not my fault I have to work with inferior players with no bottle' (making sure the players heard) and slammed the door shut. That came from someone in the dressing room at the time.

A good manager would have had the arm right around the shoulder especially of a player he had chucked in at the deep end in desperation in the 1st place.

Tug Wilson
27-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Think the OP was being sarcastic.

We really have no idea where we would be if TB had not been instrumental in our relegation.

All we can do is celebrate where we are now. Enjoy it while we can.

Which according to JKB is until next season when they get their squad revamped, Levein's passing masterclasses start to show results, their new pitch induces outbreaks of Barca style magic ...

Aw well. We can look back on this season with fond memories.

Dalianwanda
27-04-2018, 07:45 AM
From the moment i saw his terrible presentation on motivation I had a bad feeling. Thoughts of the guy turns my stomach. He gets no thanks from me (though I get your point 😉)

PapillonVert
27-04-2018, 07:46 AM
I don't think so. Leeann Dempster was appointed when we were still in with a shout for a top six spot. I think it's pretty safe to say that Butcher wouldn't have lasted long under Dempster regardless of whether we were relegated.

The entire sturcture of the club has been changed by Leeann, with the backing of the board STF/RP, the idea being that managers, coaches and other staff can come and go but the machine carries on relatively unaffected.

:agree:

The story of how Butcher confidently turned up to a meeting with Leeann after we were relegated to (as he thought) discuss what budget he would have in the Championship only to be unceremoniously and promptly shown the door still brings a smile to my face.

snooky
27-04-2018, 08:04 AM
From the moment i saw his terrible presentation on motivation I had a bad feeling. Thoughts of the guy turns my stomach. He gets no thanks from me (though I get your point 😉)

:agree: That presentation told me everything I needed to know about The Butcher Boy.
:sick::

KSA Hibee
27-04-2018, 08:22 AM
I think that The Butcher was booted out by LD rather than bu@@ered of? A bit like his next, and probably final, "management" gig at Newport. Out of interest, does the KSA in your name imply you work in the Gulf?

It does indeed .. cover Saudi and Bahrain

KeithTheHibby
27-04-2018, 08:36 AM
I’ll never thank Butcher for anything. Toxic man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Even if Butcher had kept us up he would have still been emptied. The club was moving in a different direction with Dempster and George Craig joining the club. Butcher wouldn’t have lasted so I won’t be thanking him for **** all.

Austinho
27-04-2018, 08:56 AM
I think Dempster would have turned us around in a similar fashion if we hadn’t been relegated, but the difference is how galvanised the fans are now. A new found confidence from being expected to win for the past 3 years, and winning the cup has really changed the attitude of the fans, and brought back the enjoyment of watching Hibs. I don’t think that would have happened to the same extent if we hadn’t gone down.

we are hibs
27-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Is it weird I hated calderwood more than butcher? Calderwood's attitude towards the club and fans really annoyed me.

marinello59
27-04-2018, 09:14 AM
**** Terry Butcher.
My love for the club never diminished at any point no matter how bad it got. But my dislike of him increases every time is name is mentioned.

ballengeich
27-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Any club wanting to win the Scottish Cup should make Terry Butcher their manager. As both ICT and we have proved, once you're rid of him the next boss provides a day of glory.

eezyrider
27-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Had nothing to do with Butcher. Change was already on the way.

EZ

hibsmad
27-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Is it weird I hated calderwood more than butcher? Calderwood's attitude towards the club and fans really annoyed me.

No, I’m the same.

Calderwood treated us with disrespect. Butcher was just hopeless. I do believe though, despite how wrong he was, that he felt he was doing the best for the club and was proud to be our manager.

Joe6-2
27-04-2018, 10:24 AM

Butcher every time

Captain Trips
27-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Maybe a bit hazy but did TB not tell certain players they would likely not be in his plans going forward quite early on in his tenure only to later have to play these players?

Doh Rae Me
27-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Subbing the sub, just to try and make everyone know who the boss was, was pathetic and damaging imho.
Though he would be good when first appointed but how wrong I was.

KeithTheHibby
27-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Butcher made a total arse of it here which he shouldn't have given his experience. He probably still to this day reckons it was the players fault rather than his.

Calderwood soon realised he didn't want to be here. Not attending Ian Murray's testimonial as a good example.
Both turned out to be pretty bad appointments however Butcher takes top spot given how horrendous his tenure was and the state he left the club in.

Onion
27-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Butcher would seriously take credit for Hibs resurgence if he read this. Don't feed the animals.

lyonhibs
27-04-2018, 09:36 PM
I'd like to thanks Butcher for **** all. The man is a useless Hun trogolydyte, a flat track bully and a ***** football manager.

A stone age retrograde single celled amoeba. A ****ing gob*****.

I hope his next, and all subsequent, *****s are particularly rotund porcupines.

hibsbollah
27-04-2018, 09:42 PM
I have to turn off five live radio as soon as I hear his voice, even now.

IGRIGI
27-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Maybe a bit hazy but did TB not tell certain players they would likely not be in his plans going forward quite early on in his tenure only to later have to play these players?

From what I remember after a defeat he said he would be playing the under 20s the week after, the eventual team sheet was pretty much the same as the week before and he laughed it off.

Think the players then realised they were untouchable no matter how ***** it got.

Weir07
28-04-2018, 05:27 AM
I have to turn off five live radio as soon as I hear his voice, even now.

Yep, soon as I hear him on the radio or see him on tv, I'm reaching for the off button, to think we were in seventh place at the split and still got relagated. Still remember him taking off Hefferan and putting on Tudor Jones with 10 minutes of normal time left of the Hamilton game, thought at the time we'd be in trouble if they scored. Cannot think of one positive thing to say about the man, by far the worst manager in my time watching Hibs.

KSA Hibee
28-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Think the OP was being sarcastic.

We really have no idea where we would be if TB had not been instrumental in our relegation.

All we can do is celebrate where we are now. Enjoy it while we can.

Which according to JKB is until next season when they get their squad revamped, Levein's passing masterclasses start to show results, their new pitch induces outbreaks of Barca style magic ...

Aw well. We can look back on this season with fond memories.

Cheers mate ... perhaps I should have made it more obvious .. the man was and is a co@k for any who thought I was suggesting otherwise.

Stokesy's on fire
28-04-2018, 06:01 AM
He is a Hun roaster and i will be thanking him for nothing! The only manager we have ever had who claimed that conceding a goal is a good thing as it takes away the fear of conceding.

Zazu62
28-04-2018, 06:30 AM

Kevin Thomson was one for sure