PDA

View Full Version : Hibs double winning youth team

Diclonius
26-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Anyone reckon 6 or 7 of them well get awarded senior contracts ala last time? Obviously Porteous, Fraser Murray and Shaw have featured more than a few times for the first team but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a contract on the back of these performances?

frazeHFC
26-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Hats off to those that went. Superb support 👏 great night and some outstanding performances (particularly Porteous)

Joe6-2
27-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Fantastic achievement

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Anyone reckon 6 or 7 of them well get awarded senior contracts ala last time? Obviously Porteous, Fraser Murray and Shaw have featured more than a few times for the first team but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a contract on the back of these performances?

Porteous, Shaw, Fraser Murray for sure. A few others may beed a year out on loan at L1 or Championship to develop more first. New "reserve" set up might suit them better.

Unseen work
27-04-2018, 03:18 PM
What was obvious to me is that’s a Porteous is far too good for that level. He won every single header with ease and looked like a man compared to the Aberdeen players.

Fraser Murray impressed by doing what he showed us in the first team - an eye for goal and can take a man on or play a creative pass.

Stirling was another one that impressed by his composure and range of passing. Happy to see he wasn’t scared to do one touch passing either and he is a big laddie.

Mackie also impressed me and seems like he is quite similar to Stevenson. Another one who looks like he has put a lot of time into the gym.

banarc7062
27-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Congratulations boys on a job very well done. GGTTH:flag:

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 04:09 PM
I think out the 09 team only a couple are playing now (Wotherspoon and Booth). The step up is massive, if we get 3 we will be doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgl07
27-04-2018, 04:10 PM
I think out the 09 team only a couple are playing now (Wotherspoon and Booth). The step up is massive, if we get 3 we will be doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You missed out Kurtis Byrne who is with Linfield.

Jack Hackett
27-04-2018, 06:44 PM
What was obvious to me is that’s a Porteous is far too good for that level. He won every single header with ease and looked like a man compared to the Aberdeen players.

Fraser Murray impressed by doing what he showed us in the first team - an eye for goal and can take a man on or play a creative pass.

Stirling was another one that impressed by his composure and range of passing. Happy to see he wasn’t scared to do one touch passing either and he is a big laddie.

Mackie also impressed me and seems like he is quite similar to Stevenson. Another one who looks like he has put a lot of time into the gym.

Really impressed with the boys physique. Pure athlete.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Dabrowski is a very decent keeper for his age as well.

monktonharp
27-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Dabrowski is a very decent keeper for his age as well. I was there too and the goalie got down well to prevent a couple of tricky ones in the bottom corners. he did very well. I think a few of these boys will make the grade no probs. Porteous is ready for first team football, now!

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Will they be displaying the trophy at half time going around the pitch in a wee tractor like thing that they used to do in the olden (glory) days against Killie ?

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2018, 06:52 AM
A big well done to every member of the Development Squad and their Management Team a brilliant achievement in winning the League and an excellent performance in the Cup Final against a very good Aberdeen team.

GGTTH 🏆🏆