PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Preston

Not In The Know
26-04-2018, 08:50 PM
On Radio Scotland doing his best to turn Hibs success this season into a negative. Saying all our good players will leave and calling Tom Farmer out if he doesn't invest in the team.

Not even subtle the way hes trying to generate the same negative debate that is happening down Tiny Castle

WoreTheGreen
26-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Non entity who cares

Coco Bryce
26-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Absolute bellend of a man.

Brooster
26-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Pr1ck of a man.

Bostonhibby
On Radio Scotland doing his best to turn Hibs success this season into a negative. Saying all our good players will leave and calling Tom Farmer out if he doesn't invest in the team.

Not even subtle the way hes trying to generate the same negative debate that is happening down Tiny CastlePure envy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

marinello59
Who cares what he says? Best ignored.

hibbydad

Not even subtle the way hes trying to generate the same negative debate that is happening down Tiny Castle

Preston is a disgrace on the radio tonight Determined that Neil Lennon will move on

SouthMoroccoStu
26-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Their bitterness keeps me grounded

Bostonhibby
26-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Preston is a disgrace on the radio tonight Determined that Neil Lennon will move onWhereas doctor football is in for the long haul. Pleasing ☺

SirDavidsNapper
26-04-2018, 08:58 PM

He's hurting like every Jambo is

Libby Hibby
26-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Did he bring up 5-1 by any chance?...the hurt is strong with Preston the Welt

Deansy
26-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Pr1ck of a man.

Nah - he's a prick of a prick !

R'Albin
26-04-2018, 09:05 PM
I get his point to be fair. I'm not confident in Lennon finding us players who can't run with our budget.

WoreTheGreen
26-04-2018, 09:07 PM
I was ones told in football if mangers/ coaches are talking about you don’t worry. Start to worry when they don’t talk about you . Preston not worth comment

Babyshamble
26-04-2018, 09:08 PM

I listened to the game.he spoke highly of both teams.can you please post a link to back up your comments?.cheers

Bostonhibby
26-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Based on what?Doctor football seems to have snapped up the only player who knowingly seems not to be able to run?[emoji6]

Thecat23
26-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Preston is a real prick of a man. He absolutely hates Hibs and anything to do with us. Sooner he’s off air the better.

Pretty Boy
26-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Tbf his glittering medal collection and glorious 15 game managerial career make me take him seriously.

JimBHibees
26-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Maybe he is more annoyed about Hibs reducing Rangers allocation as apparently was a Rangers fan as a kid. More faces than the town clock.

Archie70
26-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Reminds me of chick young saying hibs being second top of the championship and in 2 Cup finals wasn't really a good thing because if we lost them all we would be seen as failures.... Never mentioned those that hadn't reached the finals... He never acknowledged it when we actually had our greatest ever end to the season.

Brooster
26-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Nah - he's a prick of a prick !

More accurate right enough.

HibsNutter
26-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Hearts are of no threat to us right now, only relevant because I want them to win tomorrow and help us out. He will be upset, wee lamb.

26-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Reminds me of chick young saying hibs being second top of the championship and in 2 Cup finals wasn't really a good thing because if we lost them all we would be seen as failures.... Never mentioned those that hadn't reached the finals... He never acknowledged it when we actually had our greatest ever end to the season.

When St Mirren fans invaded the pitch upon winning the league, Chick suggested it was okay because they went back to the stands when they were asked to.

Just Alf
26-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Based on what?

:greengrin

Baader
26-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Preston is a real winner right enough. :faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2018, 09:33 PM
He knows that no good players will leave Hearts because they don't have any to leave.

MagicSwirlingShip
26-04-2018, 09:34 PM

Just doing his best to stir up bad feeling amongst the Hibs support. Tom Farmer won’t have to invest anything as, unlike Hearts, we have several saleable assets that can raise funds.

Bitter Jambo erse.

Jim44
26-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Hearts are of no threat to us right now, only relevant because I want them to win tomorrow and help us out. He will be upset, wee lamb.

There’s not the remotest chance of that happening. If they keep Aberdeen to three goals it will be an achievement.

Captain Trips
26-04-2018, 09:40 PM
He is a cock. The end.

Jones28
26-04-2018, 09:42 PM

Ahhh, stick, wrong end of

horseflesh
26-04-2018, 09:46 PM
Maybe he is more annoyed about Hibs reducing Rangers allocation as apparently was a Rangers fan as a kid. More faces than the town clock.

Absolutely 100% this. I remember him going to school in a Rangers top, always perplexed at him being Hearts now

Deansy
26-04-2018, 09:49 PM

They won't even break sweat tomorrow - there's only one particular game left on their calendar now !

pacorosssco
26-04-2018, 09:57 PM
just a wind up merchant but you would hope those in charge could run more reasoned shoe with better panel. I heard Preston makes 75k a year recommending players. Scary.

26-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Not a fan of Preston but to be fair to him he did have several good things to say about a few of our players.

madabouthibs
26-04-2018, 10:18 PM
I get his point to be fair. I'm not confident in Lennon finding us players who can't run with our budget.
Bear in mind our budget probably doesnt anticipate average gates of 18k. 😁

Viva_Palmeiras
26-04-2018, 10:24 PM
just a wind up merchant but you would hope those in charge could run more reasoned shoe with better panel. I heard Preston makes 75k a year recommending players. Scary.

And there’s my point re him and the then agent Gordon Smith - conflict of interest.

pacorosssco
26-04-2018, 10:27 PM
And there’s my point re him and the then agent Gordon Smith - conflict of interest.

Yes and many more. Agents are games biggest problem. Smith a real snake

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2018, 10:59 PM
There’s not the remotest chance of that happening. If they keep Aberdeen to three goals it will be an achievement.

well i think the jamboids might just pleasantly surprise us tomorrow night :)

pacorosssco
26-04-2018, 11:03 PM

hope so but I just cant see it. season over and players moving.nought to play for.Derby is only rise for them

cabbageandribs1875
26-04-2018, 11:06 PM
hope so but I just cant see it. season over and players moving.nought to play for.Derby is only rise for them

they will win then finally realise on monday what they've done and ask for a replay, which the SPFL will refuse

hibbysam
26-04-2018, 11:16 PM
I had an argument with the tosser on Facebook a few weeks back. Bragging that I pay his wages through the TV licence. Utter tosspot.

wpj
26-04-2018, 11:17 PM
Absolutely 100% this. I remember him going to school in a Rangers top, always perplexed at him being Hearts now

Maybe had the bus fare back then?

Flanny boy
27-04-2018, 12:10 AM
I remember him at school wearing his rangers scarf and he hated hibs back then

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 12:33 AM
I’m shocked the **** went to school. He obviously didn’t pay much attention.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2018, 04:45 AM
He is a cock. The end.

Bell?

Fife-Hibee
27-04-2018, 05:03 AM
He obviously missed the game last night. We have a very impressive youth system in place and I can see a multitude of those players making the cut when the time is right for them.

Like a typical jambo welt however, he believes it's all about splurging out cash in an irresponsible way. Which is why his club now holds the reputation of being an utter gang.

RoxburghHibs
27-04-2018, 05:44 AM

Really I always thought he was a Jambo?

wallpaperman
27-04-2018, 05:59 AM

That's impression he likes to give.

Like a couple of others on this thread, I knew Allan quite well at school and he was certainly a Rangers fan. Don't remember him ever saying he went to any games though because he was so involved in playing just about every day of the week that he likely never had a chance.

I always found Allan a decent guy when we were at school, didn't big himself up too much, and I don't remember him particularly hating Hibs either.

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 06:03 AM

Just playing along with the pantomime Hibs hating yam on the radio. So he hates us on 2 counts as a Rangers fan and his fake Hearts loving Hibs hating persona on the radio. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2018, 06:40 AM
an utter gang.

I've read this phrase on here a few times but, never heard/read it anywhere else, just wondering where it originates from?

SirDavidsNapper
27-04-2018, 06:53 AM

No surprises unfortunately. Their away record has been dire for years.

mjhibby
27-04-2018, 07:02 AM
Preston is a real prick of a man. He absolutely hates Hibs and anything to do with us. Sooner he’s off air the better.

Having met him and Paul Mitchell, the commentator, at a football forum a few years ago he isn't a hibs hater more just a frustrated jambo. He's more an Arab actually and talked more about Dundee utd and hardly mentioned hertz. We are all bias towards our own club. It's the sportsound fault for sending him to hibs games. I'm sure they thinks it's hysterical but it spoils the game. BTW tam mcmanus was very good on the YouTube feed of the youth Cup final. Gave a very balanced commentary I thought and showed Preston how to do it. Hibs class obviously.

mjhibby
27-04-2018, 07:07 AM
He obviously missed the game last night. We have a very impressive youth system in place and I can see a multitude of those players making the cut when the time is right for them.

Like a typical jambo welt however, he believes it's all about splurging out cash in an irresponsible way. Which is why his club now holds the reputation of being an utter gang.

Not sure a lot will break through. History shows only two or three will break through. Porteous obviously and Shaw. Stirling is a big lad for his age and next year will be the test for him though he looks a player. Fraser Murray looks a good player but not being on the bench for the first team a lot suggests he's not going to breakthrough. Possibly the guys out on loan could come back to challenge. We shall see.

Bostonhibby
27-04-2018, 07:07 AM
well i think the jamboids might just pleasantly surprise us tomorrow night :)Their lowest foul and booking count of the season perhaps? An away crowd over 300? Now that would be a surprise!

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2018, 07:36 AM

Like a typical jambo welt however, he believes it's all about splurging out cash in an irresponsible way. Which is why his club now holds the reputation of being an utter gang.He was a co-commentator [emoji38]

I didn't listen to all of the game, but what I did hear was him being very complimentary to both sets of players, particularly Hibs.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
27-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Did he manage to mention the best football academy in the world turning out world class players by the dozen in a fully owned state of the art facility?

Oh wait..........

Hibbyradge
27-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Does it matter in any way what he says?

jacomo
27-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Just playing along with the pantomime Hibs hating yam on the radio. So he hates us on 2 counts as a Rangers fan and his fake Hearts loving Hibs hating persona on the radio. :greengrin

Perhaps he is embarrassed by his former Rangers affiliation?

Self-loathing always makes the seethe worse.

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Having met him and Paul Mitchell, the commentator, at a football forum a few years ago he isn't a hibs hater more just a frustrated jambo. He's more an Arab actually and talked more about Dundee utd and hardly mentioned hertz. We are all bias towards our own club. It's the sportsound fault for sending him to hibs games. I'm sure they thinks it's hysterical but it spoils the game. BTW tam mcmanus was very good on the YouTube feed of the youth Cup final. Gave a very balanced commentary I thought and showed Preston how to do it. Hibs class obviously.

I think what folk are saying is that he isnt a jambo but a rangers fan.

lord bunberry
27-04-2018, 08:11 AM
Not to me. I stopped listening to radio Scotland years ago.

Fife-Hibee
27-04-2018, 08:13 AM
He was a co-commentator [emoji38]

I didn't listen to all of the game, but what I did hear was him being very complimentary to both sets of players, particularly Hibs.

What's your point? He has a habit of missing games, even the ones he's at. :wink:

CraigHibee
27-04-2018, 08:24 AM
he's just a fat bitter jambo *******, doesnt like the fact that we are miles ahead of them in several ways right now and can't stomache that... which is surprising :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
27-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Radio Scotland have done their best to discredit us all this week. I listened in on Tues night as they were meant to be discussing Hibs and what a great season we'd had...all they done was try and sell off all our players and manager. They never have anything remotely decent to say about us

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
27-04-2018, 10:37 AM
He was a co-commentator [emoji38]

Tam performed well as co-comentator. Reckon he has a future in that line rather just radio. Unbiased and fair.

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2018, 10:39 AM
What's your point? He has a habit of missing games, even the ones he's at. :wink:

We must have been crap last night, 'cos he was full of praise for us. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
27-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Tam performed well as co-comentator. Reckon he has a future in that line rather just radio. Unbiased and fair.

I wis talking about Preston. :wink:

JimBHibees
27-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Just heard bits of podcast did Ryan Porteous deserve to be sent off as Rchard gordon was indicating.

Earlydelivery
27-04-2018, 03:23 PM
In my m8ts class at school ... born and bred Hun

Albanian Hibs
27-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Who cares. What an absolute nobody.

Corstorphine Hibby
27-04-2018, 03:32 PM
I had an argument with the tosser on Facebook a few weeks back. Bragging that I pay his wages through the TV licence. Utter tosspot.

The irony being that you don't need a tv licence for BBC radio. That might be lost on him though.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2018, 05:32 PM
I listened to the game.he spoke highly of both teams.can you please post a link to back up your comments?.cheers

He was very positive about both Hibs teams but he did go on to say we could lose Dylan SJM Kamberi and Lennon there is a lot of work for Hibs to do.

His comments are fair but he should really wait until the end of the season.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Just heard bits of podcast did Ryan Porteous deserve to be sent off as Rchard gordon was indicating.

Ryan himself said he should have been sent off.

Sammy7nil
27-04-2018, 05:54 PM

Does it matter what anyone says :greengrin::wink: