PDA

View Full Version : Dougray Scott

Jim44
25-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Big Hibs fan Dougray Scott on the One Show just now. Wonder if we’ll get a mention. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Big Hibs fan Dougray Scott on the One Show just now. Wonder if we’ll get a mention. :greengrin

Hope not, you never seen him at games unless it's a final or a big derby etc. Part-timer.

Keith_M
25-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Hope not, you never seen him at games unless it's a final or a big derby etc. Part-timer.

TBF, doesn't he live and work outside of Scotland?

Hermit Crab
25-04-2018, 06:12 PM
TBF, doesn't he live and work outside of Scotland?

Lives in London apparently.

JimBHibees
25-04-2018, 06:12 PM

I heard he had an away season ticket. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
25-04-2018, 06:13 PM
I heard he had an away season ticket. :greengrin

Aye, away from Edinburgh, Scotland. :greengrin

bigwheel
25-04-2018, 06:17 PM

used to have a season ticket beside us in the west stand

Keith_M
25-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Oh aye, and if this was ma missus, I would rarely even leave my own home!

https://www.celebheights.com/xr/c/claire-forlani.jpg

Frazerbob
25-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Met him on the Athens trip. Sound guy.

therealgavmac
25-04-2018, 06:33 PM

SRHibs
25-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Wouldn’t want to mess with The Major I’ll take a pass.

Itsnoteasy
25-04-2018, 08:12 PM

Got to disagree with you there.
Wednesday night many moons ago I think Hibs v Dundee, Duffy was there manager after his Hibs stint, I bumped into him West Lower & he chatted away to me at half time. He got asked by Amanda, who was in charge of hospitality to go inside for something to eat/drink, he said no thanks & we spoke till the second half began.

On another note, what about the part timers who are filling the south stand for the RFC game.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Wednesday night many moons ago I think Hibs v Dundee, Duffy was there manager after his Hibs stint, I bumped into him West Lower & he chatted away to me at half time. He got asked by Amanda, who was in charge of hospitality to go inside for something to eat/drink, he said no thanks & we spoke till the second half began.

On another note, what about the part timers who are filling the south stand for the RFC game.

Or the ones that are going to Aberdeen!

lord bunberry
25-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Or the ones that are going to Aberdeen!
You’d be happy if it was just you and your mates at the away games.

Sammy7nil
25-04-2018, 08:40 PM
You’d be happy if it was just you and your mates at the away games.

:greengrin:greengrin I really don't get this obsessed view ? Shock Hibs play well more people want to go to see them. What do people expect Hibs have fans and supporters get over it and enjoy the fact the extra people at the game create a better atmosphere.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2018, 08:46 PM
:greengrin:greengrin I really don't get this obsessed view ? Shock Hibs play well more people want to go to see them. What do people expect Hibs have fans and supporters get over it and enjoy the fact the extra people at the game create a better atmosphere.

Nah, **** that it means the steak pies sell out quicker! :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Met him at the Franck Sauzee appreciation lunch . He was as star struck with Franck as the rest of us .
Seemed down to earth and a good Hibby .

Greenbeard
25-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Poor call slagging Hibees who simply can't get to most matches due to a multitude of reasons, whether work, coaching, affordability etc. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a true Hibee. I get along when i can eg this Sat and would have been in the South Stand for the hunsh-ites game but for a family wedding dan saf. Green beard, green blood whether at every match or not.

lord bunberry
25-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Add that to the fact that not everyone can manage to get to every away game. I would love to go to every away game, but it just isn’t possible. I get to as many as I can, and I shouldn’t be made to feel like some kind of glory hunter for heading up to Aberdeen. It’s enough to put people off going.

wpj
26-04-2018, 05:43 AM

Nae excuse for missing the fine dining at Quinns of Camden then!

FilipinoHibs
26-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Met him at the Franck Sauzee appreciation lunch . He was as star struck with Franck as the rest of us .

My ex Wife organised that!

FilipinoHibs
26-04-2018, 05:49 AM
Add that to the fact that not everyone can manage to get to every away game. I would love to go to every away game, but it just isn’t possible. I get to as many as I can, and I shouldn’t be made to feel like some kind of glory hunter for heading up to Aberdeen. It’s enough to put people off going.

I live in South East Asia and home once every two years for a couple of weeks. Home last November and went to Saints at home, Hamilton and Jags away. otherwise Hibs TV.

Keith_M
26-04-2018, 07:28 AM
If he doesn't have an Away Season Ticket, he's not a real Hibby.

cocteautwin
26-04-2018, 08:11 AM

Out of curiosity, is it a running joke on hibs.net about the Quality of Quinns and the attire needed to be served in the pub? I looked at reviews on the web site and it does seem to me to be somewhat . . . . . ahem . . . rustic. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
26-04-2018, 11:19 AM

He is - we Glenrothes boys are! :cb

MSK
26-04-2018, 11:21 AM
He is - we Glenrothes boys are! :cbTrue, although I was only a part timer 🤭

jacomo
26-04-2018, 03:18 PM

Heard he got barred for refusing to wear a tie.

Quinn’s don’t care who you are - NO ONE gets in without being properly dressed.

Famous Fiver
26-04-2018, 03:35 PM
I remember an FP club with a must wear a tie rule in the members bar.

One hot summer's day one of their extremely well connected (and well heeled) chappies adhered to this rule but simply decided not to wear a shirt.

No one challenged him!

IWasThere2016
26-04-2018, 03:48 PM
True, although I was only a part timer 🤭

:greengrin

Haymaker
26-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Out of curiosity, is it a running joke on hibs.net about the Quality of Quinns and the attire needed to be served in the pub? I looked at reviews on the web site and it does seem to me to be somewhat . . . . . ahem . . . rustic. :greengrin

Some of the Quinn's executive club members took it upon themselves many years ago to talk down Quinn's on the internet review sites so as to keep it more exclusive.

If you know about Quinn's then you're the sort we want in there.

Haymaker
26-04-2018, 04:08 PM

Correct.

Pagan Hibernia
26-04-2018, 04:14 PM
He plays a mean Matt Busby

DstN75
27-04-2018, 08:30 AM

I do think they take it too far with the requirement for gentlemen to be in black tie at weekends after 6pm.

wpj
27-04-2018, 09:16 AM

It's rustic charm is what makes it so special, once inside you will be glad you made the effort dressing for the evening. One wouldn't want to appear "underdressed"

Haymaker
27-04-2018, 02:24 PM
I do think they take it too far with the requirement for gentlemen to be in black tie at weekends after 6pm.

Not at all! Black tie on Saturday evenings is essential imo. Otherwise it'll be over run with trackie bottoms and baseball caps before you can say "and sprinkle some truffle shavings on top please Pierre".

Curried
28-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Just saw this quote by Dougray in today's Hootsman:

“I’ve got Hibs TV, so I watch every single game I can. I’d love to getback for more matches though.” :thumbsup:

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/interview-dougray-scott-1-4731378

Jay
30-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Hes just been on Lorraine Kellys morning prog waxing lyrical about Hibs and Lennon. Chuffed about the Celtic result and mentioned the Killie game. As said above he has Hibs TV and watches every game on his laptop.

Dashing Bob S
30-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Hes just been on Lorraine Kellys morning prog waxing lyrical about Hibs and Lennon. Chuffed about the Celtic result and mentioned the Killie game. As said above he has Hibs TV and watches every game on his laptop.

I'm not convinced that Mr Scott knows as much about his personal circumstances and his own passion for Hibernian Football Club than some of the people on this thread who have never met him or seen him once at Easter Road or on Telly. Pretty presumptuous of him to assume so. I’d tend to go with them every time on this issue.

Seriously, why do people post such pish about other Hibs fans?

Jay
30-04-2018, 08:22 AM
I'm not convinced that Mr Scott knows as much about his personal circumstances and his own passion for Hibernian Football Club than some of the people on this thread who have never met him or seen him once at Easter Road or on Telly. Pretty presumptuous of him to assume so. I’d tend to go with them every time on this issue.

Seriously, why do people post such pish about other Hibs fans?

I dont understand what you mean?

jacomo
30-04-2018, 09:18 AM
I dont understand what you mean?

DBS is pointing out how ridiculous it is for people who do not know Dougray Scott to be opining on his passion for Hibs.

And indeed it is.

Bostonhibby
30-04-2018, 09:21 AM
DBS is pointing out how ridiculous it is for people who do not know Dougray Scott to be opining on his passion for Hibs.

And indeed it is.

Agree.

All I can add to the debate is that I know one hibby from Fife who claims to have known of Dougray "a lifetime ago" and says he was a hibby before he was an actor.................

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jay
30-04-2018, 09:21 AM

And indeed it is.

I just repeated what he said on the telly. Feel free to watch on catch up. Personally couldn't give a flying one for our so called celeb fans whether they be singers, actors,writers or ex players. If they pay their money they are no different to you or me.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-04-2018, 09:25 AM

I can't believe he's had to go on TV to defend himself from Hibs.net :greengrin

jacomo
30-04-2018, 09:26 AM
I just repeated what he said on the telly. Feel free to watch on catch up. Personally couldn't give a flying one for our so called celeb fans whether they be singers, actors,writers or ex players. Prefer joe public myself.

Yes and having read through this thread again I don’t think you or anyone is having a go at him. Quite the opposite in fact! :aok:

hibbie02
30-04-2018, 09:37 AM
It's rustic charm is what makes it so special, once inside you will be glad you made the effort dressing for the evening. One wouldn't want to appear "underdressed"

Indeed. it is worth the effort to look the part when you can partake of Pierre's High End Cuisine. I think most of us who have sampled this would agree.

SuperAllyMcleod
30-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Very good. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

snooky
30-04-2018, 11:55 AM

I hope it's Judge Judy and not Budge Nudey