PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin - Arbroath young POTY

makaveli1875
24-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Young player of the Year - On loan @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) midfielder @scottmartin97_ (https://twitter.com/scottmartin97_) was overwhelmingly voted our young player of the year by the Arbroath supporters. Scott was presented his trophy after Saturday's win by Gavin Walker

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Young player of the Year - On loan @HibsOfficial (https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial) midfielder @scottmartin97_ (https://twitter.com/scottmartin97_) was overwhelmingly voted our young player of the year by the Arbroath supporters. Scott was presented his trophy after Saturday's win by Gavin Walker
Well done Scott

Johnny_Leith
24-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Well done Scott. He's out of contract in the summer I believe. Wish him well wherever he ends up. Would like to see him make the grade but from what I've seen I don't think it'll happen.

Centre Hawf
24-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Well done Scott. He's out of contract in the summer I believe. Wish him well wherever he ends up. Would like to see him make the grade but from what I've seen I don't think it'll happen.

With the potential number of midfielders we could lose it would be wise keeping a hold of Scott. Talented laddie with a future ahead of him.

MWHIBBIES
24-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Always done well when he has played, should be given more chances.

flash
24-04-2018, 12:08 PM
If he is good enough he will get another chance.
Thankfully our standards are pretty high right now.

Ringothedog
24-04-2018, 12:12 PM

Ahead of?

Michael
24-04-2018, 12:15 PM

He never did anything wrong, but equally he didn't really impose himself on the game. I'd expect a young player to really try and make a name for himself.

Thecat23
24-04-2018, 12:37 PM

I disagree, Scott is an ok player but not the level of Allan or McGinn so I can see why Lennon let him go on loan.

calumhibee1
24-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Decent wee player but not up to the standards required at Hibs these days. Would have probably started regularly 4 or 5 years ago.

Eyrie
24-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Decent wee player but not up to the standards required at Hibs these days. Would have probably started regularly 4 or 5 years ago.

I thought he'd be on the bench for us this season but given how well our midfield has played I'd agree that the standard has been set very high, probably too high in Martin's case. And that's good for Hibs.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 07:27 PM
I thought he'd be on the bench for us this season but given how well our midfield has played I'd agree that the standard has been set very high, probably too high in Martin's case. And that's good for Hibs.

He’s been on a development loan all season, so couldn’t be on the bench for the Full team

guthrie01
24-04-2018, 07:31 PM
He never did anything wrong, but equally he didn't really impose himself on the game. I'd expect a young player to really try and make a name for himself.

Correct, it’s different for a striker of course but every time Shaw was brought into the mix he more than proved himself and challenged the likes of Kamberi, MacLaren and Stokes for a place which is what you need to do to play for a competitive Hibs side right now

Wheat Hound
24-04-2018, 07:32 PM
I think there's a player there. If not us I still think he'll carve a decent career.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 07:35 PM
I think there's a player there. If not us I still think he'll carve a decent career.

Lennon like him WH, think he sees something of himself in Scott

GreenPJ
24-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Lennon like him WH, think he sees something of himself in Scott

Assuming one young midfielder makes a breakthrough to be regular first team/first team squad would it be Scott or Fraser?

hibee1875
24-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Was liking lots of Celtic tweets on Sunday. Supporter or not, it's a bit strange wanting the team who pays your wages to be beaten

Diclonius
24-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Was liking lots of Celtic tweets on Sunday. Supporter or not, it's a bit strange wanting the team who pays your wages to be beaten

That suggests he's away.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Had a look, only thing I can see is him liking Hibs go 1-0 up on Saturday. However I’m a twitter novice😄

hibee1875
24-04-2018, 08:37 PM
Had a look, only thing I can see is him liking Hibs go 1-0 up on Saturday. However I’m a twitter novice😄

Yea they've been 'un-liked'. Someone must have had a word

jacomo
24-04-2018, 08:44 PM

From what I’ve seen of him, I agree.

I thought he looked composed in a Hibs shirt and did the job he was given.

We could lose 3 of our first choice midfield in the summer.

Centre Hawf
24-04-2018, 09:00 PM
From what I’ve seen of him, I agree.

I thought he looked composed in a Hibs shirt and did the job he was given.

We could 3 of our first choice midfield in the summer.

I agree, I think given the fact we may go into next season with only really Slivka, Bartley, and Swanson in the central midfield department we wouldn't be daft in offering Scott a chance to fight for a place in the Hibs team.

J-C
25-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Folk are forgetting he's competing at Div 1 level, yes he's done well this season but he's still not what we need at the new levels we are aiming for, he'll do a good job at championship level.

GreenPJ
25-04-2018, 08:25 AM
I agree, I think given the fact we may go into next season with only really Slivka, Bartley, and Swanson in the central midfield department we wouldn't be daft in offering Scott a chance to fight for a place in the Hibs team.

Fraser Murray