View Full Version : Any American Supporters Out There?

GUYMAN
22-04-2018, 11:47 PM
I'm new to the Forum. Live in the NYC area(northern NJ to be exact).

Virginia Hibs
22-04-2018, 11:54 PM
There’s a few of us in here I think, from East coast to West, North and South. VA here. And just to be clear, based here but not American :)

23-04-2018, 02:08 AM

Same here!

Denverhibby
23-04-2018, 02:40 AM
There’s a few of us in here I think, from East coast to West, North and South. VA here. And just to be clear, based here but not American :)

Grand Junction
Colorado

AZhibee
23-04-2018, 03:49 AM

Arizona here but I think you are closer to Leith than you are to me.

23-04-2018, 04:19 AM
Arizona here but I think you are closer to Leith than you are to me.

It's a wee bit of a distance to Arizona right enough.

23-04-2018, 04:53 AM
I'm in Texas and I've been an American citizen since 2007. What do I win?

Mixu62
23-04-2018, 05:38 AM

A semi-automatic assualt rifle. "Aw naw, not ANOTHER one!!" :greengrin

23-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Hope you’re a Jets fan haha

23-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Hope you’re a Jets fan haha

Nobody hopes that...I wouldn't wish such prolonged abject misery on any human being!

23-04-2018, 12:51 PM

My Father, Grandfather and Grandmother are South American. Does that count?

WHAM
23-04-2018, 12:57 PM
My old man (who doesn’t post on here) lives in Elgin, Illinois. 1 hour west of Chicago.

23-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Nobody hopes that...I wouldn't wish such prolonged abject misery on any human being!

23-04-2018, 02:08 PM
A semi-automatic assualt rifle. "Aw naw, not ANOTHER one!!" :greengrin

You might be closer than you think :)

cs9
23-04-2018, 02:11 PM

Born and raised in Edinburgh - now in Wisconsin. Hibs and Packers fan.

Chris
23-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Where about in WI? I've been kicking about Sheboygan for the last 4 years! Barely met any Scots on my travels around the State, never mind fellow Hibbies!

Fisherrow Harp
23-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Its the only way to be! Well done that man!

Denverhibby
23-04-2018, 03:52 PM

A long horn

23-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Just add HibsTV and Hibs.net to the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU

23-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Lived here in Sacramento California for 6 years. Although I most definitely, am Scottish.

Heading over to NYC in September for a few days for a family trip. Great place!

23-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Does VPN count?:greengrin

23-04-2018, 05:27 PM
I've been kicking about Sheboygan for the last 4 years!

Sheboygan!!
Sounds like something out of "The Departed"!
Please tell me it's full of shady mafioso types....and you, obviously.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Chris
23-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Sheboygan!!
Sounds like something out of "The Departed"!
Please tell me it's full of shady mafioso types....and you, obviously.

Haha! Plenty of shady folk in the area but no quite sure about their Mafia credentials!

Probably most famous for this iconic scene from Home Alone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSACzJ2ke0) and Bratwurst :tee hee:

23-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Haha! Plenty of shady folk in the area but no quite sure about their Mafia credentials!

Probably most famous for this iconic scene from Home Alone (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZSACzJ2ke0) and Bratwurst :tee hee:That's where I've heard it before!! Cheers, that would have bugged me all night!

23-04-2018, 11:07 PM
A long horn
My wife would say that would be 25 years too late....... :greengrin

25-04-2018, 01:35 AM
We should have a meet up.

25-04-2018, 02:13 AM
We should have a meet up.

The Hibericans

25-04-2018, 02:17 AM
The Hibericans

Who has the cheapest local boozer?

25-04-2018, 02:37 AM

Who has the cheapest local boozer?

Free beer and wine all night at the Hobo hoose for fellow Hibees so that's pretty cheap. For those who can't handle the booze, if you could puke at the bottom of the garden the raccoons will clean up and we won't have to face a hostile Mrs Hobo. :greengrin

25-04-2018, 02:49 AM
Free beer and wine all night at the Hobo hoose for fellow Hibees so that's pretty cheap. For those who can't handle the booze, if you could puke at the bottom of the garden the raccoons will clean up and we won't have to face a hostile Mrs Hobo. :greengrin

Sounds class!

25-04-2018, 03:51 AM
Sounds class!
:party::rockin:

In all seriousness though - there will always be free food and beer for any Hibee who chaps on Hobo Harry's door. Don't visit the Houston area without stopping by......

25-04-2018, 03:53 AM

In all seriousness though - there will always be free food and beer for any Hibee who chaps on Hobo Harry's door. Don't visit the Houston area without stopping by......

Funny that, I'm looking to go through Houston on my way to Odessa in December...

25-04-2018, 04:09 AM
Funny that, I'm looking to go through Houston on my way to Odessa in December...
Houston would be a bit out of the way for that journey but we live in Conroe, about 30 minutes north of downtown Houston (really close to the I-45 exit 82) and you would be more than welcome to stop by.We flung the kids out years ago so plenty of room to sleep off the booze :greengrin

25-04-2018, 04:14 AM
Houston would be a bit out of the way for that journey but we live in Conroe, about 30 minutes north of downtown Houston (really close to the I-45 exit 82) and you would be more than welcome to stop by.We flung the kids out years ago so plenty of room to sleep off the booze :greengrin

I think it worked out cheaper to fly to Houston then drive to Odessa, would be an interesting drive at least!

25-04-2018, 04:22 AM
I think it worked out cheaper to fly to Houston then drive to Odessa, would be an interesting drive at least!
There wouldn't be too much difference in driving time whether you started from IAH, Hobby or Conroe really - all are within 20 minutes driving time. Whatever you decide to do you are welcome here - give me a shout in advance to make sure we haven't made plans but I'm not one for travelling away from home during the festive month.....

25-04-2018, 04:24 AM
There wouldn't be too much difference in driving time whether you started from IAH, Hobby or Conroe really - all are within 20 minutes driving time. Whatever you decide to do you are welcome here - give me a shout in advance to make sure we haven't made plans but I'm not one for travelling away from home during the festive month.....

No worries mate!

25-04-2018, 04:26 AM
No worries mate!
:flag::thumbsup::flag:

bubblesmorrison
25-04-2018, 05:19 AM
Used to be in new york "thats in america"

AZhibee
26-04-2018, 04:01 AM
My old man (who doesn’t post on here) lives in Elgin, Illinois. 1 hour west of Chicago.

Thought Elgin was west of Aberdeen? :confused:

26-04-2018, 04:25 AM
Thought Elgin was west of Aberdeen? :confused:

It is, it's where I come from originally. Elgin, Illinois (pronounced Eljin) isn't half as nice as the real one 😁

26-04-2018, 04:56 AM

I would love to visit then go to Gentlemen's Club and Treasure. :greengrin

AZhibee
26-04-2018, 05:49 AM

Didn't SJM take a look at the Dynamo, maybe he stopped by.

26-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Didn't SJM take a look at the Dynamo, maybe he stopped by.
If he had turned up at my house wearing a bright orange shirt I would have assumed he was a lost Sevco fan and I'd have set the dogs on him .......... :greengrin

26-04-2018, 12:26 PM
I would love to visit then go to Gentlemen's Club and Treasure. :greengrin
I had to google what that was lol - I must be getting old.......

26-04-2018, 12:28 PM
I had to google what that was lol - I must be getting old.......

Sure. :greengrin

26-04-2018, 10:36 PM
So we're all agreed? US Hibs Supporters club booze up at Hobos?

AZhibee
27-04-2018, 12:03 AM
So we're all agreed? US Hibs Supporters club booze up at Hobos?

Via Skype or other electronic means?

HibbyDave
27-04-2018, 12:10 AM
On hols in Vegas and going to San Fran am i in?

CA Hibby
27-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Been living South of SF for 20 years now in a little town called Campbell

Bay Area Hibees
27-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Been in San Francisco for 12 years now.

27-04-2018, 03:37 AM
Haymaker & GuyMan we should all have a meet up in September to watch the footie, especially if Hibs are at home on Saturday September 22nd. Traveling over from Sacramento for a 4 day holiday in New York. My dads coming too, big Hibee also of course. Last time I was there I watched Hibs beat Rangers in the Football Factory pub right beside Empire State Building. Cracking boozer!!

27-04-2018, 03:40 AM
CA Hibee & Bay Area Hibees I'm just 2 hours from San Fran and I'm down their pretty often. A pint should also be on the agenda sometime guys!

Already had a pint (or was it 8, 9, 10?...) with GreenLake down in LA. Top guy and Hibee!

27-04-2018, 04:18 AM
Via Skype or other electronic means?

Via everyone in Hobos back yard!

27-04-2018, 04:20 AM
Haymaker & GuyMan we should all have a meet up in September to watch the footie, especially if Hibs are at home on Saturday September 22nd. Traveling over from Sacramento for a 4 day holiday in New York. My dads coming too, big Hibee also of course. Last time I was there I watched Hibs beat Rangers in the Football Factory pub right beside Empire State Building. Cracking boozer!!

I'm game for that but I'll most likely be working (as I work in "soccer") so my weekends in the fall are difficult.

EDIT: Its called Legends now.

houstonhibbee
27-04-2018, 04:27 AM
Been living South of SF for 20 years now in a little town called Campbell
Are you a golfer? Im working at Stevens Creek Boulevard

AZhibee
27-04-2018, 05:41 AM
Via everyone in Hobos back yard!

Enter through the front door or get shot

NthCarolinaHibs
27-04-2018, 06:50 AM
I used to run the North American Hibs Supporters club, where,pre internet days,I distributed "Fanzines" ( mind them?) to Hibs fans all over the US and Canada. I was in North Carolina,but we met up with other Hibees in Atlanta a few times,for a knees up,to celebrate our wonderful club. A few of my mates from Scotland came over for if too...... I'm now happily back in Edinburgh...Glory Glory 💚

27-04-2018, 08:14 AM
This thread leaves me wondering whether we have .net Hibs fans in every US state?

So for no good reason I'm going to start another thread asking that question with all the states listed to see which posters can take out which states.

And it's not even the close season yet...

27-04-2018, 03:35 PM
CA Hibee & Bay Area Hibees I'm just 2 hours from San Fran and I'm down their pretty often. A pint should also be on the agenda sometime guys!

Already had a pint (or was it 8, 9, 10?...) with GreenLake down in LA. Top guy and Hibee!

I can vouch for California-Hibs and his ability to drink a lot of beer and Don Julio 1942.

The folk at Tom's Urban and Lexus Club keep asking about you!

27-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Enter through the front door or get shot

Well it IS Texas

27-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Sitting in Pete's Coffee in Cotati, Sonoma County, CA right now but will be heading back to Dallas tomorrow. When my apartment lease is up in September....who knows. Back here, or L.A., or West Palm Beach.

Hobo, might be meeting up with a friend in Houston soon. I will message you and see if you are free for a couple of beers. :greengrin

Bay Area Hibees
27-04-2018, 09:38 PM
I can vouch for California-Hibs and his ability to drink a lot of beer and Don Julio 1942.

The folk at Tom's Urban and Lexus Club keep asking about you!

Cal hibs def let me know when your down next

Nevi_SOL
27-04-2018, 09:54 PM
I go too New York in December. Am I in?

27-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Sitting in Pete's Coffee in Cotati, Sonoma County, CA right now but will be heading back to Dallas tomorrow. When my apartment lease is up in September....who knows. Back here, or L.A., or West Palm Beach.

Hobo, might be meeting up with a friend in Houston soon. I will message you and see if you are free for a couple of beers. :greengrin
Damn right I will be - should I bring Mrs Hobo along as the designated driver? :greengrin:greengrin

CA Hibby
28-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Are you a golfer? Im working at Stevens Creek Boulevard

Yeah that's close Apple?. do play a bit of golf more during the week now with having two young kuds.send me a pm and let's get together even if it's for lunch or a beer

CA Hibby
28-04-2018, 12:20 AM

Sounds like a plan, send me a pm and let's exchange numbers..

28-04-2018, 01:54 AM

If you do come back over to San Fran then you should also join Cal Hibby, Bay Area Hibees and myself for a drink. Sorry GreenLake, you're flying up from LA to join!

28-04-2018, 02:13 AM
If you do come back over to San Fran then you should also join Cal Hibby, Bay Area Hibees and myself for a drink. Sorry GreenLake, you're flying up from LA to join!

I'll fly over, show you all how to drink East Coast Style and complain about the pizza.

28-04-2018, 02:56 AM

I will come if possible. Is this a boys only event?