PDA

View Full Version : How good did the Leith San Siro look on TV yesterday.

Not In The Know
22-04-2018, 09:10 PM
I will start the thread off by saying "Magnificent" the atmosphere was also carried over brilliantly to the live feeds / highlights.

H18 SFR
22-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Loving this summer football.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Loving this summer football.

Same here. Wearing just the one layer and sunglasses was a treat.

What a difference from the last time we played them in -10 degrees.

Get the summer football sorted - even if it rains now and again it can only improve the day out.

monktonharp
23-04-2018, 12:59 AM
loved it all, we were in Hamburg , for a stag w/end and in a boozer that had loads of Celtic connections. they had loads of Celtic flags scarfs etc. but we went mental when our club scored! the whole bar was great, as they appreciated what we were doing. the locals were all there to see St. Pauli. great place to go to.

brog
23-04-2018, 08:35 AM
I was watching from Portugal. It was a tad surreal to watch our beautiful stadium & city bathed in sunshine while the rain battered down on the Algarve! However I had my own built in sunshine!

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2018, 08:47 AM
I thought the stadium looked fantastic yesterday, quite emotional day. Best performance for a long time, Neil has done a fantastic job with the team.

SirDavidsNapper
23-04-2018, 09:02 AM
The whole club is buzzing and vibrant. It's hard not to get emotional about it.

Has anyone ever seen such a resurgence of another club? Comparing this to 3 years ago is almost unbelievable. Makes you wonder where this can take us.

Stuart93
23-04-2018, 09:03 AM
It's a shame Scottish football is played predominantly over the colder months, nothing better than watching hibs in the sunshine at ER

Jones28
23-04-2018, 09:35 AM
It's a shame Scottish football is played predominantly over the colder months, nothing better than watching hibs in the sunshine at ER

I'd love to see summer football but then again I can't imagine long, dark winters without having games to sustain me!

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I thought it looked wonderful. It is a bit sad that so many SPL matches are not similarly ‘located’.

BILLYHIBS
23-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Beautiful Stadium, brilliant team, great atmosphere, sunshine on Leith, fantastic fans, future is bright future is green and white.

Only one small criticism I am in the west lower south and at one point I could see the singing section going absolutely radge bouncing up and down but could not hear them.I feel that the atmosphere might be enhanced even more if they were perhaps moved back to say their original position in order that they may further intimidate opposition fans and encourage our players releasing their seats for fellow fans who prefer to observe the niceties of the beautiful game from a loftier vantage point.

Rocky
23-04-2018, 10:48 AM
There was a bit of drone footage from Lochend park - I've not seen the stadium from that angle before and it looked amazing

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2018, 11:07 AM
ER is always a cracking place on a sunny day ..... the white facings used on the exterior of stadium with the green superstructure makes it look clean bright and shiny and not in the least bit drab and depressing, unlike another stadium I can think of that would still look dull and melancholic even if there were two suns shining down on it :greengrin

worcesterhibby
23-04-2018, 11:23 AM
anyone got any links to the drone footage ? I was working so couldn't watch (:rolleyes:) and none of it is on Hibs Tv or Sportscene

Peevemor
23-04-2018, 11:27 AM
anyone got any links to the drone footage ? I was working so couldn't watch (:rolleyes:) and none of it is on Hibs Tv or Sportscene

There's some here - starts at 47 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHna56jTIm0

worcesterhibby
23-04-2018, 11:32 AM
There's some here - starts at 47 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHna56jTIm0

Cheers..wish they's get the team sheets out of the way ! :greengrin

Jack Hackett
23-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Cheers..wish they's get the team sheets out of the way ! :greengrin

That pissed me off as well.

Crazyhorse
23-04-2018, 12:45 PM
The whole club is buzzing and vibrant. It's hard not to get emotional about it.

Has anyone ever seen such a resurgence of another club? Comparing this to 3 years ago is almost unbelievable. Makes you wonder where this can take us.

Yes this seems to be getting picked up on by commentators and pundits. I heard Michael Stewart going on about the fantastic crowds at ER and that we already have sold 10,000 season tickets for next season.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Beautiful Stadium, brilliant team, great atmosphere, sunshine on Leith, fantastic fans, future is bright future is green and white.

Only one small criticism I am in the west lower south and at one point I could see the singing section going absolutely radge bouncing up and down but could not hear them.I feel that the atmosphere might be enhanced even more if they were perhaps moved back to say their original position in order that they may further intimidate opposition fans and encourage our players releasing their seats for fellow fans who prefer to observe the niceties of the beautiful game from a loftier vantage point.

It’s mental - when the fans in the south stand are singing its loud and clear so I wonder what it is about the acoustics that makes the F5 nite?

CentreLine
23-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Just before one o’clock Saturday my wife was at Abbey Hill. She could hear the Hibs support clearly from there, so clear she was able to sing along. As it turned out it was just after McLaren’s goal.
Now that’s Hibs class 😁

LaMotta
24-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Couple of sunny days and summer football is the answer?!

More people at the Hibs Celtic game at ER in December.

The weather will soon be back to normal!

Jack Hackett
24-04-2018, 08:46 AM

Would you like a refill? Your glass appears to be half empty

Geo_1875
24-04-2018, 08:58 AM

The weather in Scotland is liable to be crap all year round but if we are to have 8 weeks off I'd rather it was December/January than June/July.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 09:21 AM
The weather in Scotland is liable to be crap all year round but if we are to have 8 weeks off I'd rather it was December/January than June/July.

Posted this on PM board a few weeks ago

If you got an iPhone, go to the weather app, key in Leith, and bingo

MSK
24-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Posted this on PM board a few weeks ago

If you got an iPhone, go to the weather app, key in Leith, and bingoI keyed in Leith and bingo & got this 🤭

Garymcl
24-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Brilliant atmosphere on Saturday just imagine nearly a full house of hibs season ticket holders we can do it let's smash the record for st sales and give Lenny a great budget for next season first up though another massive game on Saturday against Killie more of the same backing and atmosphere is required cmon :flag::flag:

LaMotta
28-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Would you like a refill? Your glass appears to be half empty

A pessimist is rarely disappointed.

And on peering out my window today I can see that my crystal ball was indeed extremely accurate :greengrin

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 10:41 AM
A pessimist is rarely disappointed.

And on peering out my window today I can see that my crystal ball was indeed extremely accurate :greengrin

Away ya big Jessie... a few rain showers which will clear quickly before the game, and then a skin blistering 9C to get you dreaming of beaches and palm trees :greengrin

LaMotta
28-04-2018, 12:19 PM
You can take your sunglasses I'll take my umbrella :greengrin

Jack Hackett
28-04-2018, 05:40 PM
You can take your sunglasses I'll take my umbrella :greengrin

So how did that work out for you? :greengrin

LaMotta
28-04-2018, 05:47 PM
So how did that work out for you? :greengrin

Funnily enough it came in useful to shade me from the sun, a wise decision to take it. I was also expecting a drab nil nil draw today, so you can imagine just how delighted I am with life right now!

Once again pessimism makes my day even better!