PDA

View Full Version : Team v Killie

erin go bragh
22-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Allan replacing Swanson the only change unless McGregor is fit .

Souter96Mac
22-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Would agree with that. Would leave us with Barker, Swanson, Slivka, hopefully Shaw if fit on the bench.

Hibeewilly
22-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Allan replacing Swanson the only change unless McGregor is fit .
It'll all depend on the result of Dylans scan

bingo70
22-04-2018, 08:32 PM

If required could Allan drop into the deeper role Mcgeouch normally plays?

In terms of ability I think he’s more than capable however I’d worry about his defensive discipline.

B.H.F.C
22-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Best team performance of the season yesterday, would be harsh to leave any of them out.

Allan will probably come in for Swanson though.

Souter96Mac
22-04-2018, 08:41 PM

If he has broken a cheek bone, could he not get away with wearing a mask over it?

Hibeewilly
22-04-2018, 08:47 PM

In terms of ability I think he’s more than capable however I’d worry about his defensive discipline.

I'd be concerned about that too....Lenny will be thinking about Bartley coming in if Dylan doesn't make it then it would be Allan for Swanson

If he has broken a cheek bone, could he not get away with wearing a mask over it?

That could be a possibility....sure I saw somebody suggest that on another thread

Its great that we have so many options at the moment

wookie70
22-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Put Whittaker in as defensive mid and bring back Daz. If Daz isn't fit put Porteous in at Centre Half. Allen would start for me but I would be looking to get Swanson involved. Hopefully that is Killies run over

Hibeewilly
22-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Put Whittaker in as defensive mid and bring back Daz. If Daz isn't fit put Porteous in at Centre Half. Allen would start for me but I would be looking to get Swanson involved. Hopefully that is Killies run over
I agree that if McGregor is fit Whitty will be defensive mid.......I think he will make that position his own.....been great when he's played there recently

Souter96Mac
22-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Also seen that Killie have quite a few key players doubtful, think the likes of Jones could miss. That would help.

hibbyfraelibby
23-04-2018, 05:19 PM
If Dylan is out and Swanny's knee is not too damaged I'd go with Allan, McGinn, Swanson in midfield with Whitty keeping his place and play the same formation.

WeeRussell
24-04-2018, 10:51 AM

I think he’ll be as capable/disciplined defensively as Dylan in there. Lennon could have the sort of selection headache we want at an ideal time of the season. Would imagine it is Swanson who drops out if all fit though.

worcesterhibby
24-04-2018, 11:17 AM
I really want Swanson to prove himself before the end of the season, but I can't see him keeping his place if Allan is available. Be nice to see him get the last 20 mins though, he always looks like scoring.

erin go bragh
24-04-2018, 11:30 AM
A poster on another thread said Dylan is fine and will play . His source was Dylan:)

LichtieHibby
24-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Hopefully that is Killies run over

I hope so too but Killie haven't beaten Aberdeen in something like 20 games (assuming the dodgy websites I have looked up are correct). I don't think their game on Saturday will have much bearing on this weekend.

worcesterhibby
24-04-2018, 12:01 PM
I hope so too but Killie haven't beaten Aberdeen in something like 20 games (assuming the dodgy websites I have looked up are correct). I don't think their game on Saturday will have much bearing on this weekend.

Hopefully the fact that it's a proper pitch will.

Zazu62
24-04-2018, 12:06 PM
I would start Swanson. With Allan and Slivka on the bench.

danhibees1875
24-04-2018, 12:10 PM
I would start Swanson. With Allan and Slivka on the bench.

I thought Swanson done very well vs Celtic and was delighted with that and hope he keeps getting the odd chance because he could be a key part of next season's team - but if Allan is fit, he starts.

Hibeewilly
24-04-2018, 12:10 PM
A poster on another thread said Dylan is fine and will play . His source was Dylan:)

Saw that ebb.....great news

Zazu62
24-04-2018, 12:21 PM
I thought Swanson done very well vs Celtic and was delighted with that and hope he keeps getting the odd chance because he could be a key part of next season's team - but if Allan is fit, he starts.

Aye fair point

Diclonius
24-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Allan for Swanson and McGregor for Whittaker (with Ambrose going RB) if both are fit, otherwise same team.

ancient hibee
24-04-2018, 12:33 PM
When did they last beat us?

Diclonius
24-04-2018, 12:35 PM
When did they last beat us?

Last game of the 13-14 season. We're unbeaten in 3 (all this season).

ancient hibee
24-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Last game of the 13-14 season. We're unbeaten in 3 (all this season).
Thanks.

Salt N Sauzee
24-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Would be harsh to drop Swanson. Had arguably his best game in a Hibs top last week so should keep his place. He deserves a chance.

Stevie Reid
24-04-2018, 01:29 PM
I'd keep the same team - would be unbelievably harsh to drop anyone after that performance.

This is how standards are raised - people coming into the team know that they have to play out of their skin when their chance comes. Everyone did that on Sat, and in turn, anyone currently missing out knows that they'll have to play out their skin when their chance comes back around.

It's superb having such intense competition for places, due to superb recruitment added to an already very good squad.

JimBHibees
24-04-2018, 02:25 PM
I'd keep the same team - would be unbelievably harsh to drop anyone after that performance.

This is how standards are raised - people coming into the team know that they have to play out of their skin when their chance comes. Everyone did that on Sat, and in turn, anyone currently missing out knows that they'll have to play out their skin when their chance comes back around.

It's superb having such intense competition for places, due to superb recruitment added to an already very good squad.

Totally agree should be same again IMO. The players deserve another run in the team and the competition should encourage the subs to be hyper keen to impress when they come on.

Stevie Reid
24-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Totally agree should be same again IMO. The players deserve another run in the team and the competition should encourage the subs to be hyper keen to impress when they come on.

Exactly Jim - which was exactly what Slivka and Barker did at the weekend.

JimBHibees
24-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Exactly Jim - which was exactly what Slivka and Barker did at the weekend.

Yes they were both brilliant when they came on. No way IMO Swanson should be dropped irrespective how good Scott Allan is.

Stevie Reid
24-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Yes they were both brilliant when they came on. No way IMO Swanson should be dropped irrespective how good Scott Allan is.

Completely agree, especially as - as much as I want Allan to resign permanently - Swanson is our player, and the current future in that position. Was so delighted with his performance at the weekend, would be really disappointed if he weren't to be here next season.

J-C
24-04-2018, 03:01 PM

Lennon mentioned post match that he was impressed with Swanson and his work/attitude, he'll want more of the same against a gritty Killie side.

If Daz is fit, he has to start as a natural CB, someone mentioned in another thread that Dylan will be fine for saturday, Lennon has his work cut out for himself as Slivka's cameo will also be in his thinking, pity we can't play 5 in the midfield :greengrin

Ronniekirk
24-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Lennon mentioned post match that he was impressed with Swanson and his work/attitude, he'll want more of the same against a gritty Killie side.

If Daz is fit, he has to start as a natural CB, someone mentioned in another thread that Dylan will be fine for saturday, Lennon has his work cut out for himself as Slivka's cameo will also be in his thinking, pity we can't play 5 in the midfield :greengrin

Agree the bit about a gritty Killie side aWe didn't handle them at all last game down there once they got to grips with our formation and some players didn't fancy getting stuck in
They will still want to try and catch us so will need to look to win it which may suit us
But for me Swanson showed a level of commitment that shows he will bust a gut for us and he showed guile with it
I think he has to start and he can play his way into being a key first Team Player next Season He tired as he hasn't had a lot of game time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
24-04-2018, 05:52 PM
If Jones is fit for Killie, we need to play a right back, ripped Efe to pieces in the last game

Centre Hawf
25-04-2018, 12:01 AM
As good as Swanson was on Saturday we know what we get with Allan and I’m inclined to go with what we know in the split.

Ozyhibby
25-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Would be harsh to drop Swanson. Had arguably his best game in a Hibs top last week so should keep his place. He deserves a chance.

Allan is a better player and this is an important game. Allan plays.

WeeRussell
25-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Allan is a better player and this is an important game. Allan plays.

Tend to agree. Really pleased that Swanson got his chance and played an important part in a big result for us (I've been in the 'Danny has something to offer us' camp from the start).. but now isn't the time for sentiment.

Stevie Reid
25-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Tend to agree. Really pleased that Swanson got his chance and played an important part in a big result for us (I've been in the 'Danny has something to offer us' camp from the start).. but now isn't the time for sentiment.

Don't think anyone is arguing Danny should start for the sake of sentiment - it's down to the fact that he was absolutely superb against the best team in the country by a mile.

Of course there is an argument for Allan coming in - but NL has a big decision to make, as it will be incredibly harsh to drop anyone. He obviously doesn't shirk these decisions though.